Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2015 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This film was okay, it was nice seeing Ryu and the gang again but the plot was really underwhelming it felt like a rejected script to a lethal weapon movie
Jun 4, 2016 3:03 AM

Apr 2011
I was gonna give it a six because the plot was so boring and not a lot of development happened between characters [plus some of their interactions seemed ooc at this point in the story], BUT DAYUM. THAT MUSIC VIDEO ENDING CREDIT WAS AWESOME. It was so awesome it gave this review one extra point! :D
7/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 12, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my god please tell me the series is this funny. I feel like this would be much better suited to an episodic format
May 1, 2018 10:24 PM

Apr 2011
peetza said:
Oh my god please tell me the series is this funny. I feel like this would be much better suited to an episodic format

A bit late, but yes, it's much funnier actually. And it also handles the characters better, just gotta be patient for those character development crumbs. [but when you do get them, they're delicious.]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jan 27, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
This was actually pretty good as far as City Hunter goes. It felt like a looong episode, but it had a nice OP, and a nice ED. Things also came together in a nice, and compelling way. The involvement of Umibozu, Miki, Saeko, and Reika felt natural as well.
May 27, 2020 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
Had some funny moments like Saeko and her nookie-points and the plot was ok too. Typical City Hunter fare.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2022 10:39 PM

Dec 2021
Let's just say that if this was someones introduction to City Hunter, I wouldn't blame them for assuming the whole series would be boring. This movie just isn't representative of why City Hunter is so highly regarded.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Aug 26, 1:19 AM
Dec 2022
It is the first movie in the City Hunter franchise. Interesting to note that it was released a year after the series 2 debut. Nice OP and ED songs. The movie feels like an extended episode rather than anything new. So all is good then or maybe expect a bit more for a movie.
SenseiSempai-sanAug 26, 3:44 AM
Aug 26, 1:21 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to AngelicTotoro
I was gonna give it a six because the plot was so boring and not a lot of development happened between characters [plus some of their interactions seemed ooc at this point in the story], BUT DAYUM. THAT MUSIC VIDEO ENDING CREDIT WAS AWESOME. It was so awesome it gave this review one extra point! :D
7/10
@AngelicTotoro yes nice OP and ED songs.
Aug 26, 1:22 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to MrLegitimacy
@MrLegitimacy yes the series is pretty funny.
Aug 28, 9:55 AM
Apr 2021
It has done well for my soul now. Many KaoRyo moments and the story was interesting enough too. Kaori's hammer was 1-2 times not needed, the scene only served to let the evenements go but I can forgive that. Because it's a good special, I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed with the first one, made after the first, best season.It's in the middle of comedy and drama. The opening and the ending have different animation - that from the 90s, eww- but luckily the movie hasn't. I started reading the manga and now I appreciate how they brought that serious but platonic vibe in the anime as a whole, too. Not the same as the manga but it works as well.
Aug 30, 8:49 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Mrs_Lupin
It has done well for my soul now. Many KaoRyo moments and the story was interesting enough too. Kaori's hammer was 1-2 times not needed, the scene only served to let the evenements go but I can forgive that. Because it's a good special, I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed with the first one, made after the first, best season.It's in the middle of comedy and drama. The opening and the ending have different animation - that from the 90s, eww- but luckily the movie hasn't. I started reading the manga and now I appreciate how they brought that serious but platonic vibe in the anime as a whole, too. Not the same as the manga but it works as well.
@Mrs_Lupin yes the mange works better but it also dated it some what which is expected. There is always some sort of tension in the air despite the seemingly platonic vibe. Everyone is just being comical to hide their true feelings especially Ryo. It is still good re watching it after so many years but with time one can be a bit critical or cynical.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.