Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: City Hunter: Ai to Shukumei no Magnum Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 3, 2015 9:18 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This film was okay, it was nice seeing Ryu and the gang again but the plot was really underwhelming it felt like a rejected script to a lethal weapon movie

Jun 4, 2016 3:03 AM

I was gonna give it a six because the plot was so boring and not a lot of development happened between characters [plus some of their interactions seemed ooc at this point in the story], BUT DAYUM. THAT MUSIC VIDEO ENDING CREDIT WAS AWESOME. It was so awesome it gave this review one extra point! :D
7/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.

Aug 12, 2017 12:46 PM

Oh my god please tell me the series is this funny. I feel like this would be much better suited to an episodic format

May 1, 2018 10:24 PM

peetza said:
Oh my god please tell me the series is this funny. I feel like this would be much better suited to an episodic format

A bit late, but yes, it's much funnier actually. And it also handles the characters better, just gotta be patient for those character development crumbs. [but when you do get them, they're delicious.]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.

Jan 27, 2:25 PM

This was actually pretty good as far as City Hunter goes. It felt like a looong episode, but it had a nice OP, and a nice ED. Things also came together in a nice, and compelling way. The involvement of Umibozu, Miki, Saeko, and Reika felt natural as well.