Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 26, 2015 1:29 AM
Jun 2015
I am going to watch it with my brother can somebody tell me is it ecchi or not?
Jun 26, 2015 6:04 AM
Apr 2015
There is no ecchi element as far as I am concerned. Well, a female character does dress a bit less than 'normal' but they did not use it as usual ecchi tropes. No awkward boob shot, jiggling, etc. So far she looks like Xena. Sexy and badass. The violence is kind of graphic tho. I won't watch it with my 9 years old sister. I read the novel and the manga so I was concerned about how this adaptation will do, and so far nth that does not work for me. The story itself is a big saga, so I don't think it will finish this season, just to tell you,
Jun 26, 2015 10:28 PM
Jun 2015
What about the violence?
if it is like tokyo ghoul i think it is fine
Thanks for replying my questions
Jun 26, 2015 10:47 PM

Apr 2014
Kurama18 said:
What about the violence?

No its nothing like Tokyo Ghoul.
Jun 27, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
This show is completely family friendly. It has minimal violence and nothing really perverted about it.
Jul 5, 2015 8:47 AM
Jun 2008
eXtacy67 said:
This show is completely family friendly. It has minimal violence and nothing really perverted about it.

minimal violence lol...........................................................

no.

so many thousands die its ridic... people get cut down left and right... this show is extremely violent... heck even a woman gets choked to death on screen for no reason really.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jul 5, 2015 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
Just look at the rating. It says Rated R - 17+
Jul 5, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
It is violent, but not too bad. Maybe these gif's will help you out...

Jul 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
^the violence is nothing compared to mindless movie violence that's there for schock value.
It's a good historical series.
Jul 5, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
Eh, I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was 11. I think this show would be perfectly fine for a kid starting maybe at age 11-12. It's not like we're talking Berserk level violence here.
Obviously depends on the maturity level and if you think your brother could handle some violence, but kids most these days have seen worse on normal TV or in video games.

I think the problem would be more that it might be a little too dry to keep a 12 year old's focus rather than the violence being a problem.
Jul 5, 2015 12:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kurama18 said:
What about the violence?

It's funny that you mention Tokyo Ghoul because that series had more graphical violence and extreme gore than this one for shock value.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
Rupdedudludu said:
Lol guess you guys never watched an Anime with high amount of violence. Seriously...

HaHa Yeah it's ridiculous
growing up with tons of violence/sex in movies/TV/ makes anime seem like a kindergarten playground

today there's even more violence/sex in TV than it was back in the day OP if ecchi/violence scares you then don't watch anime at all
Aug 9, 2015 7:55 AM
Apr 2015
Badu said:
Rupdedudludu said:
Lol guess you guys never watched an Anime with high amount of violence. Seriously...

growing up with tons of violence/sex in movies/TV/ makes anime seem like a kindergarten playground

today there's even more violence/sex in TV than it was back in the day OP if ecchi/violence scares you then don't watch anime at all

I don't know how you grow up dear, but I won't say anime is 'kindergarten'. Just because it's 'a picture moving' does not mean that it is less graphic than any other media.

I answered that it's graphic in accordance to OP post, and with the way he worded of child behalf in question. I make sure my sister watching something more kid friendly like Yowamushi Pedal or for action, World Trigger.

But then he said Tokyo Ghoul is fine then nothing is too violent for her bro then XD Kind of funny
Aug 9, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
wakka9ca said:
Kurama18 said:
What about the violence?

It's funny that you mention Tokyo Ghoul because that series had more graphical violence and extreme gore than this one for shock value.

you would have a point if the anime wasn't toned down XD
tk anime is pg 13 at best
Aug 11, 2015 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
I am a social worker and have two children. My children are well behaved because many reasons, here is one:

1. I don't show them violent bloody shows. Kids imitate what they see even though they know it is fake.

I would not show it to anyone under 15.
Nov 12, 2020 7:24 AM
Nov 2020
GrimorumInvoke said:
I am a social worker and have two children. My children are well behaved because many reasons, here is one:

1. I don't show them violent bloody shows. Kids imitate what they see even though they know it is fake.

I would not show it to anyone under 15.

If they know its fake then there is nothing wrong with imitating, if they think its real then that is the problem. And also not all kids (below 15) do that, it depends on their level of maturity
Nov 12, 2020 7:28 AM
Nov 2020
Badu said:
Rupdedudludu said:

You are absolutely true.
Nov 12, 2020 7:31 AM
Nov 2020
catullus said:
eXtacy67 said:

minimal violence lol...........................................................

no.

so many thousands die its ridic... people get cut down left and right... this show is extremely violent... heck even a woman gets choked to death on screen for no reason really.

It is minimum violence compared to anime like Tokyo Ghoul, Attack On Titan...
Jan 7, 2021 7:57 PM
Jan 2021
Ok. So I watched this when I was 12, 13-ish (without telling my parents) so I’m going off of that.
I was also raised in a household that didn’t take violence lightly. Heck, my parents debated on letting my 10 year old brother play Minecraft. Just to paint the picture for you.
So, was it a show a 12 year old should have watched? Probably not, unless you were exposed to a more mature childhood. It deserves a PG-13 rating,
I personally think that you should hold off watching until you’re at least 14. This is all my opinion, so who knows.
The show features violence in just about every episode, except maybe the first one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.