Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 9, 2015 3:11 PM
Apr 2015
Is this going to end on the first season or is it getting another one? It's so short for a 150+ chapter manga
Jun 9, 2015 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
NO they should have ended it after where the anime is going to end. the manga is being dragged,
Jun 9, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... if they do a second season, people are going to be VERY confused. As of right now, the anime is being butchered. IMAGINE all those new characters appearing. Anime only viewers are gonna get confused.

Jun 9, 2015 4:26 PM
Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Hmm... if they do a second season, people are going to be VERY confused. As of right now, the anime is being butchered. IMAGINE all those new characters appearing. Anime only viewers are gonna get confused.

What do you mean? But is there a chance of a second season? It's just that this and kami nomi are pretty much unique
Jun 9, 2015 4:57 PM

Mar 2015
otaviomad said:
DarklordVor said:

What do you mean? But is there a chance of a second season? It's just that this and kami nomi are pretty much unique

The anime viewers will be confused as hell because the witches in season 1 was good, but their story was never fully developed and then got dropped with new characters appearing. Even Shiraishi after chapter 90 have less panel time.

If the studio keeps on cutting all those important scenes, it's going to have an effect in the long run. For example they cut all the scene where Sarushima have a brother and Yamada's sister scene. Also some of Odagiri key shipping moments were omitted which will probably impact the season 2. Also Leona, who is a key character to Tamaki's arc, is completely omitted in the last episode.

They keep on butchering little or big points of the manga that can affect a character development. They rushed 10 chapters into one episode. Most of manga readers would enjoy this because they understand the story, but newcomers are going to be confused. If I didn't read the manga, I wouldn't know why Noa kissed those 3 students. Second season will probably happen, but if they keep on butchering it, not all people want to see their favorite manga getting butchered.

Jun 9, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2013
No they skipped too much at this stage for the 2nd arc to make any sense. Which is too bad considering how good the manga is atm :(
Jun 10, 2015 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
This was the slim hope I was banking on when a single cour was confirmed. Unfortunately, this won't happen since the anime is plowing through the manga content without thoroughly explaining or developing anything, especially at episode 8.
Jun 10, 2015 9:38 PM

Aug 2013
I honestly wouldn't want it to. Viewers wouldn't be able to piece together anything because this seasons not covering it all.
Jun 18, 2015 12:35 AM
Jul 2013
Yea anime pretty much rushed through everything, it's sad so much potential.
Jun 18, 2015 2:07 AM

Nov 2014
Thats pretty much what every studio does nowadays.They fly through source material at the speed of light and then we become the victims.
Jun 19, 2015 4:56 PM

Jun 2010
Anime did rush things sure but I think they would do fine adapting a 2nd season. My memory from 1st arc is a bit fuzzy since it feels so long ago but I think they did hit the key points of the plot even if they did skip a lot of the witch-finding process. Nobody should get confused by the details tied to the 1st arc and a lot of side-characters are pretty irrelevant overall including Itou, Tsubaki, all witches aside from Odagiri/Shiraishi/Noa. Now do I think they will adapt a 2nd season? no, this show just feels like one that's going to be shafted with a 1cour adaption. Kind of a shame though ch132 is by far and large my favorite chapter from the whole series and would've loved to watch it animated and voiced.
Jun 19, 2015 10:10 PM

Mar 2015
tittycakesXD said:
Anime did rush things sure but I think they would do fine adapting a 2nd season. My memory from 1st arc is a bit fuzzy since it feels so long ago but I think they did hit the key points of the plot even if they did skip a lot of the witch-finding process. Nobody should get confused by the details tied to the 1st arc and a lot of side-characters are pretty irrelevant overall including Itou, Tsubaki, all witches aside from Odagiri/Shiraishi/Noa. Now do I think they will adapt a 2nd season? no, this show just feels like one that's going to be shafted with a 1cour adaption. Kind of a shame though ch132 is by far and large my favorite chapter from the whole series and would've loved to watch it animated and voiced.

Agreed. Chapter 132 and the whole Nene panel time is the best part of the manga, at least to me. Season 2 will be better because of Nene, but then again, they're selling Shiraishi (promotions and all that). So Season 2 with Nene will be hard to sell.

Jun 21, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
lol Second Season would Nene's season
Jun 22, 2015 4:00 AM

Jun 2012
It doesn't seem like they will... They are rushing the anime really fast, so making another season like the first would be a waste of time. Then again, it all comes down if the BD's sold well too.
Jun 22, 2015 4:34 AM

Nov 2014
Im quite sure that if this sells very well,they'll do anything for a sequel
Jun 22, 2015 5:08 AM

Apr 2014
There's no way there would be a second season. They keep butchering the manga.
Unless they goes back on the chapters they skipped and make crap writing to put it together.
It's LIDENFILMS Studio after all. The [b]Executioner[/b] of manga adaptation.

PrevE said:
Im quite sure that if this sells very well,they'll do anything for a
sequel

LIDENFILMS works/animation production selling well? That's not gonna happen.
They should go back making Anime Shorts instead of killing/ruining/making shit on every manga they get!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 22, 2015 6:56 AM

Apr 2011
Probably not, but who knows.

Jun 22, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
Only way it would happen is if it gets a full expanded reboot or OVA series. But reboots are EXTREMELY rare (NGE is the only one I can think of) and OVA series aren't very common either (NGE [again] and Hellsing Ultimate are the only examples I can think of straight away). Although I would be in favour of those options.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 22, 2015 10:48 AM

Feb 2015
I don’t think there was ever a plan for a 2nd season. I believe the whole series was set to be one cour from the very beginning, and that's it. The unsure thing was the amount of episodes it was going to be. Now, I believe the studio could have opted to make the series a 24 episodes from the very beginning if (only if) they weren't planning on working on Arslan Senki during the summer as well. Basically, Arslan Senki got prioritized (more budget, better sponsored), and Yamada-Kun didn’t. Yamada-kun ended up being just a filler series for them.

I could be wrong, but it also seems that the series isn’t helping to boost the manga sales as much as wanted. BD pre-orders for vol.1 seems to be pretty low as well. At this point, I’m sure the studio just want to be done with it. Rush what's left and be over with it. The fact that they've skipped lots of content (relevant content), makes the notion of having a 2nd season even harder to take in.

So yea, I doubt there will ever be a 2nd season. Then again, strange things happen all the time.

P.S. You got that One Shot crossover-special of Yamada-Kun and Yankee-Kun coming out with the 1st BD set though. I guess that's something to look forward if you're eager for more Yamada-kun. Plus, it's nice to see Yankee-Kun animated, even if it's just for a bit.

Jun 23, 2015 5:16 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah the more likely outcome seems to be an OVA reboot series, if anything. If there's enough demand for it, that could happen.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 28, 2015 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
I'd rather they adapted Yankee-kun to Megane-chan than a 2nd season of this. Baffles me why the picked this instead of her other manga in the first place. Yankee is way funnier.....
Jun 28, 2015 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on BDs sale.
Jun 28, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
Nope no hope on season 2.

Not even an open ending.

Not even a jealous Nene scene for season 2.

Jun 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Dont see a reason for a second season, its over....the end...
Jun 28, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
As someone who hasn't read the manga, what would the second even be about? I mean the witches powers aren't there anymore right? Unless the 7th witch kept him in the dark which would explain her not being with the others at the end.
Jun 28, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
vong10 said:
As someone who hasn't read the manga, what would the second even be about? I mean the witches powers aren't there anymore right? Unless the 7th witch kept him in the dark which would explain her not being with the others at the end.
stuff happens
Jun 28, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
vong10 said:

I really recommend you give the manga a try, the stuff that happens after the witch ceremony is even better imo.
Jun 28, 2015 2:38 PM
Dec 2012
Snappynator said:
vong10 said:

I really recommend you give the manga a try, the stuff that happens after the witch ceremony is even better imo.

Where did the anime stop? should I start from there or from the beginning
Jun 28, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2009
IMTLD said:
Snappynator said:

read it from the beginning. they left alot out of the anime.
Jun 28, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
IMTLD said:
Snappynator said:

read from start, its 90 chapters, but it wont take to long to read through it

and yea the stuff after ch. 90 gets very good
Jun 28, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
guys i want to read the manga for this, what chapter do they leave off on.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Jun 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
IMTLD said:
Snappynator said:

Read from the beginning for sure, there are several pages of the manga the skipped past with many of them being really important to the character development. Also there are some scenes related to the other witches like Odagiri they skipped past, which would be a good idea to see first since her and some of the other witches plays an important role after the witch ceremony.

^ Read from the start, too many important scenes were left out in this adaptation.
Jun 28, 2015 3:09 PM
Dec 2011
SukiMikasa said:

You should really just read from the beginning. The manga has more comedy than the anime too so it will be a fun read anyway.
Jun 28, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
SukiMikasa said:

Read from the beginning. You will find that the manga is actually so good that the anime did not leave an impression except disappointment.

Jun 28, 2015 10:20 PM

Jun 2014
Could be possible to have a second season. They just need to slow down the pace of that second season or it's gonna get confusing.
Jun 28, 2015 10:28 PM
Sep 2013
MasterDetective said:
lol Second Season would Nene's season
Jun 29, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 2015
DarklordVor said:
SukiMikasa said:

Read from the beginning. You will find that the manga is actually so good that the anime did not leave an impression except disappointment.

thank you
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Jul 1, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
SukiMikasa said:
DarklordVor said:

thank you

Thanks for the answer, just what I was looking for. I really doubt there is gonna be a 2nd judging from the series and we didnt even get to see a last kiss scene :(

Edit: No I hope there is a 2nd season as it is possible
Renaultclio101Jul 2, 2015 10:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
Snappynator said:
vong10 said:

So, I suppose Yamada has his powers intact?
Jul 5, 2015 1:26 PM
Jun 2015
If there is going to be a second season, it should be only romance and the title should change to something else.
Jul 16, 2015 10:20 AM
Jun 2012
I just finishes the anime but have not read the manga.
If i want to read the anime should i read from chapter 1 or from chapter 90 where the anime ends?
I dont know if i will miss important thing or not so important thing that where not covered in the anime.
So should i read from chapter 1 or chapter 90?? 😅😅
Jul 16, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2010
Ryan1994 said:
I just finishes the anime but have not read the manga.
If i want to read the anime should i read from chapter 1 or from chapter 90 where the anime ends?
I dont know if i will miss important thing or not so important thing that where not covered in the anime.
So should i read from chapter 1 or chapter 90?? 😅😅

Definitely read from the start. You will only get confused as they left out important stuff way too many times. Don't worry. 90 chapters will pass in a heartbeat. If you liked anime, then you will love the manga. It's just that good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Female Character?

Fieryx - Jun 30, 2015

16 by Inter_anime »»
Jul 17, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.