Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2015 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New animation in the OP

Overall a cute episode, Eureka and Meowth are a good duo ^^
I like the interactions between the trainers and others people's pokemon
And that preview with serena telling ghost story :D
May 7, 2015 10:52 AM
May 2015
Such a great Episode, I liked the combination of Bonnie and Meowth and it was quite a funny episode :)
May 7, 2015 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
I said it!! cant wait for charizard to be back!
May 8, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
will he ever get non justin bieber pants...those are so annoying to look at '-'
May 14, 2015 4:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I enjoyed the Eureka and Meotwh moments, especially when Meowth decided to help Eureka wake up.

The face of Serena's Braixen lol

The OP with added scenes pretty much spoil who is getting who. Noibat going to Ash's team, and Serena getting Eevee since she's seen on top of a cliff looking down at an Eevee at night.

May 14, 2015 5:29 PM

Oct 2014
I feel bad for the rocket gang this episode. They took the fruit by mistake and I understand why they got attacked because they were hiding the fact they did so, what got me is the ending with satoshi and gang sharing the fruit with the pangoro and the rocket gang going hungry again. Bit harsh if you ask me
May 14, 2015 7:31 PM

Jul 2014
holy frickin crap. i need to seriously prepare an extra pair of underwear just in case charizard returns.
May 14, 2015 8:24 PM

Jun 2014
Give me Charizard pls!
May 14, 2015 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
Lol those pangoros

Eureka and meowth made a cute and funny team. I like these eps where they split up with team rocket and need to help each other.

U CAN DO IT!

O-or...not...

Didn't think that was how the chesto berry was used...
May 15, 2015 4:18 AM

Aug 2008
Boring episode. Best part is the new animation in the OP.

Ash vs Alan. It's happening! HYPE!HYPE!HYPE!

Charizard Y vs Charizard X?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 15, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
That was very fun, I always like the 'group gets separated' episodes. Eurika too cute.

Hm, since we got Alan in the OP, maybe they'll face off even before the league, but that means Satoshi should be getting a Mega soon, right? I don't think Alan would bother battling him without a Mega, but who knows.

The OP also confirms that it's Serena getting the Eevee, yay. Noibat didn't seem obvious if it's Satoshi or Citron getting it. Actually it's Satoshi's, you can see him releasing it from the Pokéball. It's 3 flying types then huh.
AipomMay 15, 2015 8:48 AM
May 16, 2015 2:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aipom said:
That was very fun, I always like the 'group gets separated' episodes. Eurika too cute.

Hm, since we got Alan in the OP, maybe they'll face off even before the league, but that means Satoshi should be getting a Mega soon, right? I don't think Alan would bother battling him without a Mega, but who knows.

The OP also confirms that it's Serena getting the Eevee, yay. Noibat didn't seem obvious if it's Satoshi or Citron getting it. Actually it's Satoshi's, you can see him releasing it from the Pokéball. It's 3 flying types then huh.

Hopefully Hawlucha is sent to some training place because so far it only knows 3 moves, all of which have been shown in it's debut episode and they are all fighting types. So the way this could play out is simple. After Ash defeats Valerie, Ash and friends stop in a nearby village where a guy is shown training his Pokemon to get faster and stronger. Ash is eager to go meet him, which he does. While they are talking, TR appears and attacks. Hawlucha is used but is defeated easily due to TR's Pokemon double attacking.

The guy says Hawlucha is too slow and that Hawlucha should have been able to defeat TR. Pikachu saves the day. Ash's is promised that Hawlucha could be trained to get better but Ash says he doesn't have time since he's traveling through Kalos. The guy offers Ash a deal to train Hawlucha while he goes and collects his final 2 badges.

Several episodes later just before Ash sets off to the Kalos League, he is personally visited by the guy from the village. Hawlucha returns and improved, 4 new moves.
- Acrobatics
- Fire Punch
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace

To me, Hawlucha seems to be Ash's weakest Pokemon, and it's surprising to see that Hawlucha has no Flying moves.

May 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
Noibat had better evolve. It was bad enough leaving Goodra's power behind, but I'm still betting on him to win the Pokémon league.

Hope to see mega Charizard Y.
May 20, 2015 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
Aipom said:
It's 3 flying types then huh.

This party is completely unbalanced.
May 22, 2015 3:42 AM

May 2015
SweetKotomi said:
I enjoyed the Eureka and Meotwh moments, especially when Meowth decided to help Eureka wake up.

The face of Serena's Braixen lol

The OP with added scenes pretty much spoil who is getting who. Noibat going to Ash's team, and Serena getting Eevee since she's seen on top of a cliff looking down at an Eevee at night.

This face killed me lmao

Yay Noibat more so as Aipom said, 3 flying types ...
Not even balanced, I've seen more interesting team Ash :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 3:07 PM

Sep 2009
mh just wondering why Serena doesn't release eevee out of a pokéball like Ash does with Noibat although he didn't catch it yet o:
Eevee at night.. possible Umbreon?
Umbreon and Pancham in the same party would mean that Pancham would envolve.. please stop x_x

May 24, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Shoko-tan said:
Eevee at night.. possible Umbreon?
Umbreon and Pancham in the same party would mean that Pancham would envolve.. please stop x_x

Hm, I haven't even thought of that, somehow Sylveon seemed like the obvious choice. I might even like it more though, especially if it means Pancham also evolves.
Jul 11, 2015 3:41 PM

Nov 2014
I'm watching in English, and I really hope we get a new opening theme soon...The Japanese episodes have 3 already.
Apparently the first Japanese opening of XY went from 1-28 and the first English opening for XY went from 1-49
The second in Japanese went from 29-54 and the second in English went from 50-now
But the third in Japanese has been going on since episode 55
This is episode 71 now, and although I don't dislike the opening, I'm getting tired of listening to "Be A Hero"...

I just feel that by watching with the English themes, I'm missing out on a lot...We never get any scene changes or added stuff in the English openings. It's always just the same thing until the song changes. =( Like that thing with Alan being in the opening starting with this episode! That didn't happen in the English theme. *sigh* I just don't want to watch it subbed, even though the openings are better in Japanese...And in the English dub there's no ending themes either =( Sometimes I listen to the Japanese openings/endings before/after the episodes anyway though xP

Well, with that out of the way...

Bonnie is so adorable!! I know I've said it before, but I love her voice in English <3

It was so cute when she was asking Meowth all those questions like why he has a charm on his head and why he can talk. She asked him about why he could talk before too, and just like last time she wasn't really that interested. I wish he would tell her about Meowzie and the reason he can talk and walk like a human...It would be so nostalgic...

I loved Braixen and Pikachu's reactions to Clemonts invention. They both took on the reactions that their trainers always have to Clemonts inventions. Pikachu's eyes got big and I could just tell it was thinking "science is so amazing!" like what Ash always says, but Braixen looked like it was tired of Clemonts inventions and knew it was going to just blow up. xD

I love Braixen! She's so much stronger now that's she's evolved too. I hope she doesn't evolve into Delphox though...

The scene with the Nanab Berries was cute xD

It was nice that Meowth helped Bonnie out, even though he kinda had to.

I just don't get why Meowth couldn't cut that vine with his claws, but a rock could. Even though Bonnie tried using a rock before. Meowth's Fury Swipes should have been enough. If I recall, he's cut up much tougher things in the past with his claws...
BlackFox24Jul 11, 2015 3:57 PM
Sep 11, 2015 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
No new opening in dub, awww. That looks cool too.

I kinda like Be a Hero though.

Bonnie and Meowth together were so cute and funny. I kinda wish they were a team like he was her Pokemon. He got cut off when about to tell his story about why he speaks English again as well. Poor Meowth. Yeah, I wish he would retell the Meowzie tale too.

Briaxen's reaction to Clemont's machine was classic!!! Pikachu's was funny too.

I hope Braixen does evolve in to Delphox and soon!

I guess the cat claws weren't sharp enough to cut the vine. I dunno.

Poor Team Rocket blasted off again over some berries that looked more like apples and the things Meowth and Bonnie ate looked like tiny pink banana's lol.

Awesome episode.
Mar 15, 2020 4:01 PM

Dec 2008
At the start I wondered if Team Rocket ever started randomly stealing other trainers' pokemon like they did here with Satoshi&co. The answer is probably yes, we just don't get to see them when they're successful lol.

Pikachu Vs. Meowth this was not, though there were definitely similarities, it had some of its own cuteness. Eureka rejected hearing Meowth's story again, aw. I had to laugh when Dedene shocked both of them. And aw Meowth trying to help her, but of course it would. Then Meowth plotted to use her as a distraction... But of course it would. 😂

lol @ how they did the motto in response to one of Meowth's questions and it joined in anyway
Feb 6, 2:47 PM

Jan 2013
Cute episode, highlight being Meowth and Bonnie moments of course ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.