Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2009 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
Well I saw and predicted correctly that last scene coming, right from the beginning. And now it's actually happened, ARGHHHH Mao just really really annoys me!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And noooooooooooooo Kei :( :( :'(
I'LL HAVE YOU ANY DAY!!!!!!!

And I'm glad I'm not alone on this, I totally full-heartedly agree with all these posts:

Though every cloud has a silver lining;
Now that Eriko Futami has realised playing with other's feelings is NOT good, I'm starting to like her lots, and....
ASUKA SAKINO FOR THE WINNN!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO AWESOME <3
sugarplumfairyMar 18, 2009 3:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2009 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
oh myy goddd~~ i cant believe what happened~~
mao is really .... i hope she wont "destroy" the relatiosnhip between kouchi and hoshino, if thats true i really want slap her in the face~~

Jul 9, 2009 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
NOOOOOOOOOOO KAI-KUN ;_;
Jul 21, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
damn i'm feeling sorry for kai even though i didn't like him much

anyone noticed that tolstois "anna karenina" was as thick as a magazine :D
is has about 1000 pages actually
Aug 12, 2009 9:36 PM

May 2009
little bit of a school days plot going on here huh... lol I'm sure they'll go with a different ending though.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Aug 31, 2009 2:56 PM

May 2009
Even though i really like this show and it kind of stands above the average in terms of high school romance , the dialogue is getting absurdly repetitive :

"What`s wrong?"
"Nothing"

At least five times per episode per character ...
Oct 25, 2009 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
LagTag said:
Even though i really like this show and it kind of stands above the average in terms of high school romance , the dialogue is getting absurdly repetitive :

"What`s wrong?"
"Nothing"

At least five times per episode per character ...

i was thinking the same thing
brinanOct 25, 2009 3:35 PM
Dec 9, 2009 4:42 AM

Oct 2009
Happy Mao has FINALLY made up her mind and let Kai know.
Angry that she had to ask him to kiss her and get matching phone charms beforehand though. Gahh. But nevermind, it's done now.

Hope he's okay :3

Hoping Kouichi stays with Hoshino though, I love them together and really.. -neechan.
Feb 9, 2010 1:46 AM

Jul 2008
Mao has been struggling, and she dropped a huge bomb at the end. What a rough way for Kai to get handled, but Mao really does like that wuss Kouichi. Kai is the man, but I'd rather see things move in this direction.
Feb 10, 2010 12:45 AM

May 2008
noelhoi said:
Faust721 said:
Ah crap, it finally happend.

Exactly my thought.
Xinil said:
Mao did NOT say 'Maybe I like you'. That was a terrible translation error. She says "atashi mo", which translates literally to, "Me too". So, she said to Kai "I like you too". Freakin' BSS, how could they screw that up?

I noticed that too, I was like "Wtf" when I read the translation, that was horribly stupid translation.
I also notice that mistype...

It was about time Mao did something.
Dec 30, 2010 1:06 AM

Nov 2010
poor kai.. got played around by Mao then dumped.. I feel like slapping Mao.
May 10, 2011 4:03 PM

Mar 2011
Ohh damn !
looks like Mao really did give her answer!
aha Kai got dumpeddd ! woohoo
I figured that much, since he was only a "supporting" character xD
Wonder whats gonna happen next !
Looking forward to episode 18! :D

Jul 6, 2012 7:08 AM

Apr 2011
lowell said:
Seriously, I don't know how many more episodes I can watch before I end up hating every female on this show... what is up with them?!?

Mao is totally hung up on Sanada now that he's got a girlfriend so she sulked and wallowed for a while and then used the guy who's been honest with her about his feelings from the beginning as a distraction!?!? ...That whole "Do you like me? Maybe I like you." at the sunset? Gross. Just gross. I can't stand her at all anymore. ...And soccer girl is surprised that Aihara's upset now that Futami left him? Now she feels bad? Are you kidding? What did she think was going to happen?

Every episode recently I've just felt... disgusted with them and I'm having trouble taking the conflict seriously because I don't sympathize with half the characters anymore. Maybe this show just isn't for me. Meh.

Quoting an old post, but this is exactly how I feel.

They are butchering all the female characters because of their indecision. I went from loving Mao and Futami to hating them in these past few episodes. I've always support Koichi x Yuumi, but now I just want Mao out of it. I feel like they went too far with Koichi x Yuumi and if they change the relationship it would feel too forced and sudden.
Mar 16, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2007
TechDragon said:
noelhoi said:
Faust721 said:
Ah crap, it finally happend.

Exactly my thought.
Xinil said:
Mao did NOT say 'Maybe I like you'. That was a terrible translation error. She says "atashi mo", which translates literally to, "Me too". So, she said to Kai "I like you too". Freakin' BSS, how could they screw that up?

I noticed that too, I was like "Wtf" when I read the translation, that was horribly stupid translation.
I also notice that mistype...

It was about time Mao did something.

I was hoping that mistranslation was intentional because the way the scene was set up, the way that Mao looked away when she said it, and the utter silence after she said it made me feel like her "confession" was half-hearted anyway. So, it doesn't matter if they translated it as "Me too." vs "Maybe I like you." because they both convey the same thing given the context, which is a half-hearted "let's get together b/c i enjoy hanging out with you and it really takes my mind off other things".
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 29, 2013 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
Mao is a b*tch. Yes she being honest now and yes its better for her to break it off with Kai. Shes just using him and its gonna end up hurting him. She should have told Kouichi about her feelings from the beginning instead of hooking him up with Yummi. Now those 2 are a couple she has to just move on. So much problem like this in real life...its really sad
Apr 30, 2013 2:59 PM

May 2012
Ah good, that ending was pretty good (for me at least) I wonder what she'll decide next though! Good episode not much but slight development, lets see what's next!
May 11, 2013 1:33 AM

Aug 2010
Kai-kun deserves better!!!
Oct 24, 2013 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Westlo said:
Someone on another forum mentioned that Kouichi might subconsciously love Mao and this is proven by the movie script. Childhood friends falling in love and the "I won't let you cry" thing closely mirrors the Mao and Kouichi situation. Could be a coincidence but he thinks not and I tend to agree....

Anyway I'm looking forward to the last scene of 18... (I already know the basic outline for 18+19...) should be a good one.

I am beginning to think this too.

This anime was good at the beginning. I loved the fact that it has so many different characters.

But since Mao started to have these little feelings for Kouichi, it's been getting frustrating up to this point. It's kind of hard to watch because people don't talk to each other. NOBODY talks to anyone about anything! The only thing was that Aihara actually talked about the "experiments".

I think the whole childood friends falling in love theme is cliche. It was nice at the beginning when Kouichi and Mao talked of each other as siblings, because that seemed to be the nature of their relationship.

Since Hoshino is moving away, I am guessing it will be a KouichixMao ending =/

Oh, and then there's Futami...Her character was interesting at first and I thought she'd change...seemed like she was going to, but something stopped her. Maybe they will be more developments on her character.

Kai...he seems like a decent guy, although when he asked Mao to just come to the bar to sit and listen to jazz...I was thinking they should have gone somewhere. Most of the time it seemed to be just about music, which was probably what made him like her in the first place. I was surprised when he kissed Mao for the first time as I thought it was a little bit too fast for that. Their relationship doesn't appear to have any chemistry at all sadly...and the fact that Mao kept coming back to him looking like a sad little puppy...I'm glad she's now ending it.
Jan 20, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2012
Not fair for Kai at all. He's a blameless victim in all of this, so stupid.
God I love this show though.
Mar 11, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
CDenver said:
Not fair for Kai at all. He's a blameless victim in all of this, so stupid.
God I love this show though.
\

At least she isn't leading him on any longer......... Sucks for Kai though :(

Dec 29, 2014 3:28 AM

May 2011
This marks the end of a forced love. And the beginning of a love triangle...

The progress and scenario for this episode has never been so appropriate in this anime thus far. Kouichi's resolve to Yuumi, Mao's doubts and decision, the final answer to Kai...as much as I feel that the anime might have been unnatural to this point, this episode's drama steeled its splendor. Now for the anime to start deviating the attention to Kazuki, before it is too late.

Westlo said:

Remember he wrote this with Hoshino yet he turns out a childhood friends love story, yeah it's cliche but I definitely think it's another hint from Kouichi to go with the ones from episodes

7 (his reaction on seeing Mao walk out of school with Kai)
8 (Him and Hoshino walking into Mao and Kai)
11 (Thinks of the forehead kiss and wonders what Mao thinks of him, gets caught looking at her lips and an awkward scene occurs)
13 (While looking at Hoshino's lips he thinks back on Mao's forehead kiss, he says something like "Why do I remember this at a time like this)

Obviously Mao's hints completely dwarfed the above ones and she's finally decided to do something but it wasn't a one way street.

There still are these hints, which may end up in Mao x Kouichi's favour. Now it is time to see whether Kouichi really mans up and stop being indecisive. It depends on where JC Staff decides to go with from now on.

Personally, I don't really think it is all Mao's fault in this situation, contrary to what most said. She made it clear she was unsure of her own feelings in the start to Kai, and even tried her best to fall in love with him, especially the part she told him to kiss her in episode 16. Well in the end, one cannot force love.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 16, 2015 4:35 PM

May 2012
and theres the second break up... technically.. im gonna be pissed if sanada and hishino dont stay together....
May 4, 2016 11:07 PM

Mar 2014
It takes that long to realize someone's feelings . Doubts makes a person hurt .
So .. it didn't worked out . They tried their best , He did his very best ~ .
Great episode . The movie is reflecting everything ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2016 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
Very predictable, but feel bad for Kai.
Feb 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Dec 2014
well mao had enough ...it seems I know where things are going right now..I wish better for the red head
Aug 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
I have a huge urge to facepalm so hard.

Being so selfless at first then now you can't take it? You're going downhill woman.

Jan 23, 2020 3:28 PM

Aug 2017
It's about time Mao took action. Enough throwing herself at Kai

Sakino best girl at the moment though
Sep 27, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2014
This was a great episode. Everything was on point. BAckground music, characters drama and pain.

Im still not liking Mao's romantic feelings for Kyoichi. It just seems stupid.
Feb 22, 2022 2:37 PM
Jan 2016
Hated this episode. Kai is my favorite character in this anime, because he is the only person who has been honest with his feelings right from the start.

I think first half of the series was great and enjoyable, the story and the characters stood out among most school romance anime, but then it all went to typical inability of the most characters to say at least something about what they actually think and feel (gosh I hate dialogues like these):

- What happened?
- Nothing.

-- and this repeats for several times during an episode. Looks like a boring forced drama. Adding one of the most cliche anime things like "forgotten memories of the first childhood love" gives annoyment and nothing more.

The one positive moment in this episode's outcome is that Kai will no longer suffer from being used like a second choice. I hope so at least. He deserves much better girlfriend, because he gave his all to make Mao comfortable while she never thought to do something for him in return.

Agree that Koichi is subconsciously in love with Mao, and if he breaks up with Yumi, it will give me another heartbreak, even though I'm not a fan of her, and this is where this series is most probably going.

--

It's sad that latest turn of events makes me want this anime to end sooner, not enjoying it anymore after this episode.
Aug 7, 2023 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
I really love Hoshino's taste in books & films. If she were my GF, we'd have many things to discuss! Mao is a decent GF too, since she loves racing games, and that genre is one of my favorites, but after what she did to Kai, she's not an option anymore. She's very risky to be in a relationship with.

Aww man, that was a bitch decision by Mao after being all that friendly with Kai and then leaving him in the dust just like that. She should've just left him alone from the start.

I'm curious what will happen in the end!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Mar 22, 2008

215 by Dapu »»
Mar 20, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 23 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 15, 2008

47 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 22 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 8, 2008

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 21 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 1, 2008

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 23, 2008

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.