Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Couldnt find a sub so went with dub for the first episode. Awful as expected, none of the voice actors suited the characters, they all sound like they're in a studio reading lines.

Anyway, awesome episode of cyberpunk. A few plot holes and coincidences that soured the experience, but still good stuff.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 3, 2010 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
The japanese voice cast is pretty good. For example Nakao Ryusei as the villain with the bad fake French name fits the role perfectly. :)

I agree too that it has some flaws, but otherwise it's enjoyable. Looking forward to the rest of this OVA.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Oct 15, 2010 8:27 AM
Jun 2009
The DVD is like $15 dude, just buy it. It has a japanese voice track.
May 4, 2012 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
good start though the reveal is not at all surprising by the time it comes. The rest of the series didn't really engage me at all, the other revelations in the plot didn't have any impact with how the story was constructed, and the characters didn't really add anything I felt

decent enough show but no competition to the original GITS
May 5, 2013 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
It was better than expected. I am a sucker for science-fiction/cyberpunk though, so it would have had to be really bad for me not to feel positive about it! :)
Jan 15, 2014 11:33 PM

Feb 2011
I like the genre and hearing that this came out around the same time as GITS made me pretty excited but I'm not really sure what to say. The first episode was interesting but something felt off. Like that whole exchange with Sylibus and Armitage after they beat the villan was kinda weird. I'm not sure if I'll finish this.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Jul 7, 2015 5:54 AM

Dec 2008
im sorry but i dont get it. im really addicated cyberpunk series but... this one is not for me i think
May 6, 2018 6:08 PM

Feb 2013
I've already seen Poly-Matrix so this is sort of like a rewatch. But, this is already better because Japanese audio.

Loving the '90s beat this has going on.

Armitage is a "third"... explains the anime's name.
Nov 3, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
Armitage is a badass broooooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 9, 2019 6:11 PM

Mar 2016
I liked the first episode quite a lot. The beginning was kind of uninteresting but the soft characterisation and the world building were great. The show forces you to peace the world together between the subtitles and the soft imagery in the background. It was nice to see a cyberpunkly this old that finally does this.
Hope it doesn't go down hill.

(Also, if you can't find it legally, it's on nyaa.si subbed and dubbed).
May 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
4/5 It had some boring moments, but I did not mind mind that. I loved the OST and the designs. Intriguing plot.
May 14, 2019 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
"I learned this... from my partner"

This was sad.
May 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2016
The only thing bad about this is the long length of the episodes.
Aug 4, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2018
hey that wasn't that bad... i mean, i expected a lot worse from the reviews
May 7, 2020 1:05 PM
May 2016
This episode was quite decent. While most of the background isn't as detailed as I'd wanted it to be, facial expressions have been very consistently matched with the script and the character animation isn't very bad. It was nice to see Hiroko Kasahara voicing Armitage. I've heard her voicing Misoono from "Oniisama e", so, I know that she's going to be able to Armitage's feelings of insecurity, loss of a sense of agency, and also her boldness. It's kinda shocking to see that the anti-robot protests are so similar to the anti-immigrant protests etc that we see in several countries today.
Jan 30, 2022 5:49 PM

Aug 2016
didnt even finished the first episode. this is probably the most boring cyberpunk I have seen in all media.
MichaelJacksonJan 30, 2022 6:31 PM
:v
Jul 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Dec 2022
I'm finding this very interesting so far. Drama between androids and humans is nothing new in cyberpunk media, but it's worth further consideration here since Ross is a cyborg and Armitage (the cop he is partnered with) is a "Third" android. Thus, even the superficial level of mechanisation Ross has undergone already creates division with the seemingly insane human purists whose crimes he appears to have to deal with.

Leaving the screechy killer guy alive at the end there might not have been the best idea. Surely they could use lethal force if they were contending with someone like that who was already trying to kill both of them. Might've been best to let Armitage take out her anger there, because I get the feeling he'll continue to be a threat later.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 12, 2023 2:54 AM
May 2017
I love the setting. All the human labor being replaced by robotic labor leading to higher unemployed. So, humans blaming all robots for the recession and social programs which is the driving force of the story is really well done.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armitage III Episode 4 Discussion

Blackouting - Jan 21, 2017

16 by jjeom »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:52 AM

Poll: » Armitage III Episode 3 Discussion

ballistique - Oct 4, 2010

12 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 7:04 AM

Poll: » Armitage III Episode 2 Discussion

greenmarty - Jan 24, 2012

11 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 15, 2023 9:41 AM

» Should I watch the OVAs or film?

Trivition - Oct 9, 2013

13 by darthtye »»
Oct 16, 2022 5:21 PM

» Armitage's character page includes huge spoilers!

mrmuk - Nov 19, 2017

0 by mrmuk »»
Nov 19, 2017 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.