Forum Settings
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 5:49 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's out... and it's the end!

Nodame asked her professor to have her again.

A new student came...

Rui and Frank dueting.

Shinichi and others went to France for "Music Fair"

Kuroki and Tanya are on their way to Germany.

Music connect people around the world...

Luka and Nodame conversation.

Nodame concert with Stresseman. Shinichi went to see her concert, too!

Cannot for the side story!
tsubasaloverOct 10, 2009 6:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 10, 2009 5:49 PM

Sep 2008
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's out... it's the end!

(editing later)
wut a pro
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2009 12:41 AM
Jul 2008
Lots of stories left unfinished but then again, as long as people live there are stories to tell so you can't really finish a story unless you finish off the characters in it. :P

I really liked this manga and I still think it was moving, innovative and funny.

I remain doubtful as to the Nodame/Shinichi relationship. Nodame is a loveable character but also incredibly unstable. I'm not quite sure if she really loves Shinichi...

Anyway, it was a pleasure reading a story where people grew as it progressed. The fact that it was centered around Western classical music was a bonus. :D
Do not fear darkness. A path of shadows can only end into the light.
Oct 12, 2009 12:57 AM

Sep 2008
Lack of piano concerto hurts me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2009 1:11 AM
Mar 2009
I can't believe that was it... I was so hoping on a wedding (bit unrealistic, but I can dream). Now I really can't wait until it is December so I can see how Nodame and Chiaki are doing.
Oct 12, 2009 1:44 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
wtf kind of ending was that. absolutely awful. no closer for the readers. i can't believe the last line was "that again?" worst last line ever.

HawthorneKitty said:
i know right!? they didn't give us anything!!!!!

urgh i'm so pissed. 1/5 for this chapter.

I hope the upcoming anime gives a better ending.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 12, 2009 5:34 AM

Oct 2007
i dont think i was happy with this finally chapter - nothing really developed and disappointed about that mainly :/
Oct 12, 2009 5:59 AM

Jun 2007
And scene. the ending wasn't bad, but it didn't have nearly as much closure on most of the plot arcs that it should have.

9/10 overall, and the docked point comes from the way it ended.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Oct 12, 2009 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
FiiFO said:
i dont think i was happy with this finally chapter - nothing really developed and disappointed about that mainly :/
Agreed. I guess we'll get a proper ending in the upcoming Bangaihen manga.

Oct 12, 2009 6:40 AM

May 2007
That was a disappointing ending, in my view. :( Everything just seemed to patched together at the end. And the hopeless romantic side of me wanted to see at the very least, one last kiss between Chiaki and Nodame.

Oh well, let's hope the side story helps flesh out things a bit more.

At the moment, I have it rated 8/10. But for some reason, the last few chapters makes me want to drop it to a 7. We'll see how I feel about it in a few days.
Oct 12, 2009 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Naruleach said:

Why do I feel that this chapter and ending was VERY VERY Rushed? I loved it, but it felt extremely rushed. :\
Oct 12, 2009 9:52 AM

Aug 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Right? The lack of any resolution at the hurts me, too.
Oct 12, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
Shortness said:
Naruleach said:

Why do I feel that this chapter and ending was VERY VERY Rushed? I loved it, but it felt extremely rushed. :

Right? I just wish the next series/season (even though it stays pretty true to the manga) would give us at least one more kiss or something to ease our minds.
Oct 12, 2009 11:49 AM

Oct 2008
;( ... that's it? ... it's wrong, that shouldn't have happened. At least not like this...Why? ;(
Oct 12, 2009 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
The best manga ever and it came with a terrible ending. What IS IT about the Japanese and bad endings?

*Sigh. Just so disappointing. :(
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Oct 12, 2009 1:24 PM

Mar 2008
The chapter was cute, but it didn't really feel like an ending, I hope the side story will do better.
Oct 12, 2009 2:10 PM

Oct 2008
man...NC really is my fav manga ever, EVER, but now...why has it come to an end like this?! T___T *heartbroken

Even if the mangaka is ill, she shouldn't have just give it a bad/rush ending...at least hiatus is better than an ending... WAHHHHH

sigh last hope is the side story and the anime >_<
Oct 12, 2009 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Really good ending. I highly enjoyed this title.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 12, 2009 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
as an ordinary chapter, it was alright, as an ending, it was pure fail :/
Oct 12, 2009 5:40 PM
Aug 2008
sighhh, this manga was tooo good to deserve such a BAD ending :(
Oct 12, 2009 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
What are the details on the side story?
Oct 12, 2009 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
Argh, I meant to give this 3/5 but accidentally clicked on 4/5.

This did not feel like a final chapter. And as some posters mentioned, it seemed rushed.

Also the lack of a performance hurt me.

The lack of a kiss hurt too.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Oct 12, 2009 11:30 PM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Yeah, this alone makes me want to cry. I am stuck between giving this series and 8/9 which is painful because I could have easily given it a 10. I hope the drama has a better ending.

BEGINNER
Oct 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
no Nodame/Chiaki concert? >< I can't believe its over D:!! I still loved it
Oct 13, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2007
Naruleach said:
wtf kind of ending was that. absolutely awful. no closer for the readers. i can't believe the last line was "that again?" worst last line ever

QFT
Oct 13, 2009 1:54 PM

May 2007
Cannot believe I just clicked "set this seires as complete" for Nodame.
Can't believe this is the end.
I won't accept it. D;

-waits for "side story"-

Oct 13, 2009 6:33 PM

Sep 2007
It's not that it is just over... Was I mistaken, or did Chiaki really speculate that him and Nodame weren't even a couple anymore? I know it was greedy (and unrealistic) to want to see the family they could have had together. I imagined a boy just as off his rocker as Nodame, and a bossy little girl like Chiaki. Who has to learn cooking and cleaning from her Dad. Not her mom. And maybe Nodame is a unconventional music teacher, who teach elementary school students music from home. Chiaki will eventually settle down as a professor of music. And their children are just as talent in music as their parent are. And They Lived Happy Ever After! I know that was an unrealistic fantasy. But to end it as ambiguously as it did, made me drop my score. I couldn't see a kiss, a grope, a reaffirmation of love, nor my concerto? No just a" I thinks that counts as a break up". I am very disappointed.
deadLightsOct 13, 2009 6:39 PM
Oct 14, 2009 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
ka-chan said:
It's not that it is just over... Was I mistaken, or did Chiaki really speculate that him and Nodame weren't even a couple anymore? I know it was greedy (and unrealistic) to want to see the family they could have had together. I imagined a boy just as off his rocker as Nodame, and a bossy little girl like Chiaki. Who has to learn cooking and cleaning from her Dad. Not her mom. And maybe Nodame is a unconventional music teacher, who teach elementary school students music from home. Chiaki will eventually settle down as a professor of music. And their children are just as talent in music as their parent are. And They Lived Happy Ever After! I know that was an unrealistic fantasy. But to end it as ambiguously as it did, made me drop my score. I couldn't see a kiss, a grope, a reaffirmation of love, nor my concerto? No just a" I thinks that counts as a break up". I am very disappointed.

i agree and i really wished for such an ending too T3T
this chapter didn't felt like an ending <.<
maybe i will drop the score to 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 15, 2009 1:38 PM

Sep 2007
Wait, so are they still together in the end or not? It's just such a weird ending. I can't imagine Nodame saying that she would stop loving Chiaki, she loves him so much... so that part was a bit weird. I don't really know what to expect with the side story, I think it will have to do with side characters but I would rather have the loose ends tied concerning Nodame and Chiaki's current relationship status :p I know its not the main focus of this manga, but thats what kept me interested so I'm kinda pissed that it wasn't addressed in the last chapter.
Nov 2, 2009 2:03 AM

Mar 2009
when i finished the chapter, i was like "WHAT?!" - I thought how in the world could she end it like that? I mean yeah, she has a lot of health problems, but *still*...it seemed like it was just getting to the really good part!!!! maybe there's hope she'll continue it again one day? she *did* leave it pretty open ended...
Nov 15, 2009 7:24 PM
Nov 2007
Oh man... I'm so disappointed. An open end? Come on.
radiantfireNov 15, 2009 7:30 PM
Nov 24, 2009 1:41 PM

Sep 2009
So that was the very end...
I...I was expecting something different.
Dec 29, 2009 10:25 PM

Jun 2007
Amazing manga... f***ing bad end.

Dec 29, 2009 11:30 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
magentaanbu said:
Amazing manga... f***ing bad end.
QFT.
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 17, 2010 8:57 PM
Jan 2009
I loved this mana soo much! and the ending just piiisseed me ooff!!
>:o it was terrible to end it that way
how sad :( i am soo dissapointed.
Jan 20, 2010 1:09 AM
Oct 2007
After hearing months ago that 136 is the end, I couldn't bring myself to finish Nodame off. I was expecting it to last longer and being at 133 at the time, I didn't think the ending would be very conclusive. I finally plucked up the courage to read the last 3 chapters and sadly, my instinct was right. The ending is rushed and poorly written. I honestly don't think Ninomiya sensei knew how she wanted to end the story and it didn't seem like she even tried. I guess it's best to end on a high than when the story becomes draggy, but still, I'm disappointed.

I'm going to put a speckle of hope on the anime trying to create a better end.
Feb 11, 2010 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
Felt cheated, then again all good thing must come to a end.
MaxCrazy7Feb 11, 2010 2:33 PM
Aug 22, 2015 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
Idk, the ending seems fitting for this series considering the journey they undertook to get where they are. Final chapter did feel somewhat predictable though imo in terms of content.
Apr 10, 2016 6:01 AM

Jul 2012
Alright. This is my second time rereading and I have yet to rewatch the Anime fully. Gonna get to that after finishing Opera Hen.

I truly love love love this series so much and the Manga was just as good as the Anime. I should have listened to the songs more, though. The emotion and impact this series brings out and all the relationships, romantic and platonic, were all executed so beautifully. Even the romance, which I thought was a flaw at first, was done extremely well. A reread was worth it because I got to see the little things and focus on the dialogue more.

I adore all the characters. This time, I ended up respecting pretty much all of the side characters, even Rui, Tanya and Jean. Everyone has so much life and colour in them.

Anyway, I will start Opera Hen soon. I remember not being very fond of it when I first read it so let's hope for the best this time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 21 Discussion

loghneckbeard - Apr 20, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 11 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 10 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 7 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 12, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Jun 23, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Chapter 2 Discussion

Zinvy - Jun 10, 2011

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 7, 2023 1:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.