Goku and Kuririn are given an assignment by Kame-Sen'nin: "Retrieve the sleeping princess from Lucifer and I will take you as my students." But the mission proves to be more perilous than originally thought.
After watching the 2010 dub version on youtube I can say this: FINE MOVIE.
The movie occurs in the timeline after goku finished his first jurney for obtaining the 7 dragonballs. Master roshi promises goku to train him when suddenly we meet krillin, who appears on the island and askes roshi to be his pupile. But master roshi won't agree that easily and sends the two boys to resque a princess trapped in a castle.
Goku's dubbed voice finaly actually sounds like a normal boy, the rest of the cast get to keep their normal voices. The movie was a direct sequal to the first movie, and
I think it was a little better. As usuall it creates an alternate story to what really happened, but the idea stayed the same.
Yet another retelling of the Dragon Ball tale. Have any of these been worth watching? Not in the slightest. Outside of curiosity you have no reason to watch this.
The animation in particular is shoddy. Seems like characters just don't move around as well as they should. Couple this with some awkward scene transitions. The audio is also really bad. Even on the direct streaming version from Funimation it seems like voices are way too low and certain sounds are ear piercing. It becomes annoying to watch.
Speaking of audio, yes a lot of the English voice actors are different. Goku and Bulma in particular sound awful.
Luckily Roshi and Krillin are the proper English voice actors.
The story is painfully dull. Roshi decides before he can train Golku or Krillin they must rescue a princess. The main villain is a vampire and is not interesting in the slightest. The whole thing is a struggle to watch. Nothing interesting happens the entire time.
1. The Vampire was a cool designed villain, not like the usual cliche anime movie villain.
2. He had an alright motive, blowing up the sun to create permanent darkness for him and the demons.
3. Very cool art design for the "Devil's Hand". Very spooky design and it gave off some Fantasia "Night on Bald Mountain" vibes.
4. We get to see more of Goku being a Great Ape.
5. Launch is in this movie, so I gotta list this here because she is such a cutie!
1. The dub voice in this movie for Goku is terrible, he sounds like hes always whispering
and exhaling at the same time.
2. The dub voice for Bulma wasnt very fitting in my opinion. I don't know why they couldn't get the original voice actors, seeing as Master Roshi and Krillin have their respected voice actors.
3. The first 15 minutes are basically scenes we have already seen before in the anime. Like the first movie it is a retelling, this time of how Goku and Krillin become Master Roshi's students. I am not a fan of these retellings. I would rather see something new and original not recycled story.
4. Bulma is a damsel in distress in this movie and she trusts a very vampire looking man named LUCIFER. She also walks into the coliseum looking room filled with demons in the stands and doesn't seem scared and acts like nothing is out of the ordinary. Like seriously? Bulma isn't that dumb, as she is an inventor.
5. Even though I put Goku turning into a Great Ape into the pros, I also have to list it here as it only lasts a little over a minute before Puar turns into a giants pair of scissors and cuts Goku's tail off. I want more Great Ape epicness please!
5. The whole Sleeping Princess thing was confusing. First of all, why is this blue crystal called the sleeping princess? How did they come across it? The purpose for it was that they needed the crystal and the blood of a girl (coming from bulma) to power up a canon to take out the sun. Why did they have to use this specific canon? Couldn't they just make a canon that used normal explosives?
6. All of the demons used guns. Instead of using..I don't know maybe their claws or teeth? Nah, give them the human creation called guns!
7. There was plenty of fan service of Bulma's breasts, including 2 close ups, the demons were even joking about them, and not to mention the recycled scene of Oolong transforming into Bulma to show Roshi her boobs.
8. Krillin really didn't do anything in this movie and was a big burden to Goku who had to save him countless times, even Yamcha did more in this movie than Krillin.
9. The ending. Goku managed to blow up the canon as it was about to shoot the moon, thus resulting in a big explosion. It does not show what happens to the vampire, so it is assumed that he perished in the explosion. But what about Goku and the gang? How did they all get out of there? It is not explained.