Edit Anime Information

Duration: 45 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Aug 5, 2018
ktulu007 (All reviews)
I've talked about Toriyama Akira's shounen classic, Dragonball before. I've also gone over its first film & several of its sequel DBZ's films. Which is natural, I suppose, given how influential it is and how many films it has. We're kicking off this year's film festival with a look at the second Dragonball film. This one hit theatres in 1987, when most of you weren't born and I was just a baby. I understand I was already highly critical of media and snubbed Maya the Bee for being too pedestrian.

Story:

We open with a quick retread of Goku & Krillin approaching Roshi for training. He sends them read more
Nov 4, 2010
eitansh (All reviews)
After watching the 2010 dub version on youtube I can say this: FINE MOVIE.

The movie occurs in the timeline after goku finished his first jurney for obtaining the 7 dragonballs. Master roshi promises goku to train him when suddenly we meet krillin, who appears on the island and askes roshi to be his pupile. But master roshi won't agree that easily and sends the two boys to resque a princess trapped in a castle.

Goku's dubbed voice finaly actually sounds like a normal boy, the rest of the cast get to keep their normal voices. The movie was a direct sequal to the first movie, and read more
May 2, 2016
v0idstar (All reviews)
Review of the Dub movie.

Pros:
1. The Vampire was a cool designed villain, not like the usual cliche anime movie villain.
2. He had an alright motive, blowing up the sun to create permanent darkness for him and the demons.
3. Very cool art design for the "Devil's Hand". Very spooky design and it gave off some Fantasia "Night on Bald Mountain" vibes.
4. We get to see more of Goku being a Great Ape.
5. Launch is in this movie, so I gotta list this here because she is such a cutie!

Cons:
1. The dub voice in this movie for Goku is terrible, he sounds like hes always whispering read more
Jul 13, 2016
KlownArt (All reviews)
Yet another retelling of the Dragon Ball tale. Have any of these been worth watching? Not in the slightest. Outside of curiosity you have no reason to watch this.

The animation in particular is shoddy. Seems like characters just don't move around as well as they should. Couple this with some awkward scene transitions. The audio is also really bad. Even on the direct streaming version from Funimation it seems like voices are way too low and certain sounds are ear piercing. It becomes annoying to watch.

Speaking of audio, yes a lot of the English voice actors are different. Goku and Bulma in particular sound awful. read more