Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2023 11:43 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:15 JST This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeApr 9, 2023 8:15 AM
Apr 9, 2023 8:15 AM

Jun 2019
Kimetsu is back. And... just as you'd expect it started with a bang with a 1 hour special. With all the new demons being introduced into the show with Muzan being there as well as Kokushibou who's hyped so much by the fans. He has a cool design but there is no match for my boy Akaza. Truly, the best boy. Love him. Tanjiro, on the other hand, is a literal copy of his dad. LOL. It was nice to see all of them worried about Tanjiro so much. Inosuke is still the best boy from our side. No competition whatsoever.

Tanjiro is now finally at the village. And, the first thing we saw was beautiful Mitsuri in the hot spring. LOL. Tanjiro is a nice kid. The first thing he covered were her boing-boing. The guy from the first season is back as well. And, Muichiro made his first appearance in the show. Can't wait to see more. The new OP is alright.

May 2020
Didn’t watch the recent cash grab, as the first episode was coming in a few weeks either way, and watching something twice feels like a chore anyway. So watching the upper moons for the first time outside of the manga felt a lot more hype, as we waited quite a while to reach this far.

Infinity fortress calls for something serious, and it was the Upper moons meeting this time, after a whole 113 years.. yes all remaining five meeting at the same place. And Ufotable at the business from the get-go… the camera angles, the tension, and once again the CAMERA ANGLES, just wow. Watching Muzan in the MJ outfit intimidating the hell out of every upper moon, just shows the kind of supreme being he is. But hey there was someone else, whose sole existence equates to hype itself… the Upper Moon one, Kokushibo. He fucking put Akaza to his place in some way lmaoooo. Dude didn’t deserve that :( 

Though with the meeting being concluded on the note of Upper Moon four and five colluding together on a secret mission, of which we’ll know about later and no one giving Douma a single second of their time, can say for sure as usual Ufo nailed one other hype moment with perfection. 

Back to the whereabouts of the demon slayer corps, they did a good thing briefing the aftermath of the catastrophe, which were the happenings of the entertainment district. Boys have already healed and gone on their separate missions except Tanjiro himself. Also, Kanao for once spoke something, so that’s a good takeaway. Either way, with Tanjiro on his way to swordsmith village, for the simple purpose of attaining an all improved sword, we finally started the main thing.

Welcoming with Misturi’s HONKERS was a great way, but it wasn’t just her whom Tanjiro met upon reaching, bad boy wannabe Genya was there too, with his familiar foul mood. Though leaving him aside, all I wanted was to see Muichiro finally getting his screen time, be it only some seconds, but hell yeah he was there in the end. We’ll see more of him in the coming episodes. 

Some hype arc this is, so very much looking forward to the coming weeks. Now, Opening is somewhat of a quality you’d expect from this series, but it ain’t an instant hookup like the last two ones, for now at the very least. But fine nonetheless.
Jun 2021
Um1 is terrifying seeing akaza threaten UM1 was 🔥🔥🔥
Douma is funny but scary at the same time
When he entered the infinite castle and put his hand on Akaza's shoulder with that music, it was really scary
Not much was shown of UM5 and UM4, but they look interesting
Mitsuri's bath scene was really satisfying, I am eagerly waiting for the Blu-ray version
Who is that mysterious man in Tajiro's dream that he shows at the end of the episode
Now that I pay attention to it, they also show him in the second season episode six
And i love the new op
Ufotable nailed it so hard
Apr 9, 2023 8:16 AM

Jul 2020
Great start to the season. nice seeing the upper six back plotting for the future. Also Tanjiro at the hot springs at the end was really fun. I liked how Tanjiro just had a bit of chill after the intensity of last season. Still giving us a hint of mystery though to get us excited for the season ahead.
Apr 9, 2023 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
Demon Slayer is back on TV and damn, they sure made an impression with those upper moon demons.  Seriously though, this had a movie level of cinematic chereography combined with its tense storytelling.

On the human side, it's great to see everyone back, even though Tanjirou isn't 100% yet. As a one hour special, this was a great way to get us reintroduced again. Pretty sure the anime can keep this level of chereography and quality in terms of production value. Zenitsu is fucking hilarious.

The OP song is amazing. Man on a Mission delivers again.
Apr 9, 2023 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
Although I had already watched the episode in theaters, the hype throughout the episode was still there.
An absolutely stunning first half showcasing the Infinity Fortress with all the upper moons. Ufotable really outdid themselves with the cinematography, visuals and animation.

Second half Tanjirou starts the recovery and heads to the Sworsmith Village after receiving terrifying threats from Haganezuka. His cursed letters always get me, lol!
Comedy was pretty good, and Inosuke and Zenitsu seem to be out of the way this season. Instead Mitsuri, Muichiro and Genya join the frame.

Absolutely stunning and exciting first episode

Apr 9, 2023 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
OP is of course another heavy hitter, at this point you'd expect nothing less than peak.

Upper Moon meeting was spicy. They're all vastly different characters and I find their interactions quite amusing. And even if they're really close to MJ, Muzan being Muzan can't bring himself to have a nice word for them 😢

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2023 8:24 AM
Nov 2020
Good episode. Very excited for ufotable to save anime again but most importantly HOLY MOTHER OF BOOBA

"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Apr 9, 2023 8:33 AM
Apr 2022
I got to see it in theaters a while back so yeah it looked incredible, especially the infinity palace scene. Also the new opening took a bit to grow on me but I’ve heard it several times now through twitter leaks and it’s amazing, I’d put it somewhere next to the mugen train tv series opening, below zankyosanka(op 3), and above gurenge (op 1)
Apr 9, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2022
Upper Moon meeting was the best in this episode.
Apr 9, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
Ufotable (and im sure its Yuichi Terao again) is really good at using the power of 3DCG to make great camera movements on those Infinity Castle scenes

the OP is another banger

cannot wait for more Love Pillar

degApr 9, 2023 10:11 AM
Apr 9, 2023 8:56 AM
May 2021
Opening is defo gonna grow on me forsure!! Did see the first ep in the cinemas last month soo 🔥
Apr 9, 2023 9:02 AM

Dec 2019
Good episode! Really excited to see this season animated as a manga reader. I love Mitsuri and Genya a lot so their screen-time is going to be really fun to see. The opening is starting to grow on me

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Apr 9, 2023 9:06 AM

Jan 2021
Kimetsu no yaiba is finally back with its new season.
The infinity castle was absolutely beautiful and Ufotable were just flexing their budget and skills like usual.
UM 1 has finally been revealed and I loved his voice (same as byakuya so I like the royal feeling and calmness he got in his voice).
Anyways another good set up episode. We also got to see some booba bouncing. Can't wait for this arc to finally get started in action and for ufotable to fulfill their promise of next level animation.

Oh and btw I already said this before and I am going to say it again, this Opening is a banger. I instantly liked this one and it just hits harder and harder. The starting of the opening just hypes you up so much and it somehow suits the ssv arc as well.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiApr 9, 2023 10:51 AM
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 9, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2015
So this episode was the one that already aired with the movie special previously,.... i guess wait another week for the new content
Apr 9, 2023 9:19 AM

Oct 2021
Watched it in theatres, it was epic.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Us Sonic fans are bitter clowns.
Apr 9, 2023 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Saw this about a month ago in theaters but man, Ufotable is just showing off at this point with the way they introduced the Infinity Castle. There wasn't even anything like that in the manga, so I love how they go out of their way to elevate the source material the way they do. Same with how they showed Muzan's lab equipment breaking as he got pissed, it somehow looked like it switched to live-action for a sec. That whole Upper Moon meeting part was great, the only issue I had was that it felt like they got a little too overzealous with the constant switching of the camera angles lol. But it was nice seeing the boy Akaza again along with the hyped #1 rank Upper Moon, Kokushibo.

Tanjiro was having an interesting dream, but we'll learn more about that later on. Meanwhile, he makes his way to the Swordsmith Village and runs into Mitsuri, and SHEEEEESH is she looking nice and healthy, with some bounce in her step for sure  ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ) ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ) ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

This is probably the weakest OP for me personally but I still like it. Nice start to the arc and it's nice to have Demon Slayer back.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
The 2 sides regroup after the last battle
Apr 9, 2023 10:21 AM

Apr 2018
Quite a chill episode for most of the part if you exclude the introduction of the uppermoon demons, their designs are nuts. Seems like we're in for a fucking good ride.
Tanjiro's at a hot spring which was quite fun. Mitsuri will be the main focus this season.
Gotta say that the opening visuals are really good, the song itself is decent.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 9, 2023 10:55 AM
Apr 2022
One of the most-awaited Anime sequels of 2023 is finally here.

Stunning Animations, Mesmerizing Voice Actions that portray the emotions of the characters, and the most loved Fighting & Combat scenes of our Demon Slayer Corps.
Ufotable is here with the anime adaptation for Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen (Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc).

Gear Up for an Adventurous ride with our fave duo Tanjiro & Nezuko along with 2 new Hashiras - Mist Hashira - Muichiro Tokito & Love Hashira - Mitsuri Kanroji, this time in a new setting - the Swordsmith Village, the heart & core of the Demon Slayer Corps.

And yes, we have new Upper Demons who will be pitted against our Demon Slayer Corps members - Gyokko and Hantengu.

I am in awe after watching the first episode itself, really excited for all the upcoming episodes...!!!

Apr 9, 2023 11:10 AM
Oct 2018
It's very very beautiful
Apr 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
ufotable popping off in the intro. I remember this section of the manga. it was pretty good so im excited for the adaption. Plus this season has no zenitsu so I am happy
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 9, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2021
crazy animations, cool characters, interesting start for the new szn
Apr 9, 2023 11:47 AM
Aug 2020
I was already excited for the season because this arc and the last arc (Entertainment District) were my favourites from the manga but jesus christ this episode blew me away. This could easily become the best season so far.
Apr 9, 2023 11:48 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
The demon meeting was probably one of ufotables best animated scenes ever, what the fuck
死だけが確実
Apr 9, 2023 11:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
For a 50-minute opening episode, that was pretty uneventful ngl
Apr 9, 2023 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing first episode. And that was the OP that played in the end? Wow, that was awesome. If that's a preview of what's to come, then it feels like this will be an incredible arc. I'm ok with Zenitsu and Inosuke being away if that means we get to see other interesting characters like Kanao, Genya, Kanroji and Muichiro. Excited to see more of the Upper Moons too. So glad it's back!
Apr 9, 2023 11:58 AM

Jun 2022
The peak animation has returned. It's really cool to finally see all of the upper moons animated. I'm also kind of sad Mitsuri is already leaving, idk what happens in the manga but I hope she comes back soon. 
Apr 9, 2023 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
Blessed Ufotable for the hot spring scene

Yoriichi the GOAT

Apr 9, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2020
One of the most awaited series for many people is back, and for me, I don't have any particular hate towards this series, nor do I love it, it's just in between. The premiere was good, not going to lie, due to Ufotable's high standard of visual quality and animation, and it's nice to see some of these characters back. We got to see some of the demons, including Akaza again, Gyokko, Hantengu, Douma, and Kokushibou. Douma stood out to me as being quite funny, we'll see if the other demons are cool though, down the stretch. As for Tanjiro, he's making his way to the Swordsmith Village, and after his arrival, we saw Mitsuri again, someone who will probably capture the hearts of many anime fans because of her appearance, but I'm more excited because Kana Hanazawa is voicing her.

I do tend to like the episodes where it's more setup rather than just pure fighting, which is why I found Season 2 a little weak, since it was so heavy on action. We'll see if Season 3 can rekindle any possible liking towards the series for me, because right now, my enthusiasm isn't particularly high towards the series.

Apr 9, 2023 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
For a first episode that's twice the length, it was quite dull. The meeting of the upper demons was alright, but most of the episode felt dragged and was even unfunny. I am glad I didn't watch it in the cinema, since I would have walked out of it .
Apr 9, 2023 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
Loved it.  So happy it's back. I'm gonna miss Zenitsu

Tanjiro's dream was really interesting. The red head looks like demon 1 and wore the earrings and has the birthmark. The man in the same robe looked like Tanjiro. I thought Tanjiro was the baby, but there was no birthmark.  Curious.

The hot spring is good for a weakened body, but how can the weak travel up those steps? Dang! My knees hurt just looking at it.
dragynfaerieApr 9, 2023 12:14 PM

Oct 2018
Why did this episode need to be 50 minutes long? Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn't have enough content for 20 minutes, so why did this episode need FIFTY MINUTES?
Why do all the characters in this anime have to be unbearable? Is it so hard to write a minimally normal character? Why does everyone have to scream in this anime? Not even Kana Hanazawa could save that unbearable pink-haired woman.
I'm feeling like this season will be even more painful than the last season, but at least (I pray for this) we won't have the boar-headed guy and Zenitsu in this arc, or at least not as prominent.
God, please help me, your child, as I will need strength.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 2016
Demon Slayer is back!! After waiting a year we are here again with Tanjiro, Nezuko and everyone. The crazy battle in the entertainment district left them wounded badly but going into a coma has lead them all to recovery. Tanjiro waking up was very emotional seeing all the girls so happy he's awake. Tanjiro had a pretty interesting dream about his ancestor meeting someone. That person is very important going forward, whom we saw when Tanjiro first fought Daki he's someone whom fought Muzan long ago. Now we also know he meet Tanjiro ancestor.

The beginning part of the episode before even that was incredible! The upper moon rank meeting was every bit incredible as its supposed to be. The animation looked perfect and when Akaza was diving through the infinity castle looked like real life. Muzan commanding better of his highest ranking subordinates. They've failed to find Ubayashiki and also failed to find the blue spider lily flower that's so valuable to Muzan. He's grown tiresome of their failures and just shortened the leash. Its funny seeing the upper ranks interact, Douma teasing Akaza like crazy with his higher status in the ranks. Akaza loathing Douma so much for just everything about him. Kokushibo the upper rank one dominating over all of them. The strongest demon besides Muzan himself, Kokushibo puts Akaza in his place about the hierarchy. Hatengu and Gyokko being sent to some location the latter gathered information about.

As the opening song suggests those two will be our main villains for this arc.  I'm beyond hyped to see this arc animated we're already off to a great start with Tanjiro already at the village and meeting Mitsuri and Genya there. Each giving off totally opposite vibes. Now the silent mist Hashira Muichiro is causing a bother.
Apr 9, 2023 12:12 PM

Feb 2015
Doma is impeccable
Apr 9, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Totally had that hot spring moment and its only eps..  Sweet baby Jes..........
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 9, 2023 12:21 PM
Sep 2015
Oh, I'm wondering if the Upper One is Tanjiro's father, let's see how this'll be revealed in the next episode. I really can't wait!
Onsen episode always offer a great fanservice, and by fanservice I mean Genya shirtless LOL, and no one can change my mind that Genya = Bakugo when he said "SHI NE!!!!"
Apr 9, 2023 12:21 PM
Jul 2016
Phosphophyllita said:
Why did this episode need to be 50 minutes long? Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn't have enough content for 20 minutes, so why did this episode need FIFTY MINUTES?
Why do all the characters in this anime have to be unbearable? Is it so hard to write a minimally normal character? Why does everyone have to scream in this anime? Not even Kana Hanazawa could save that unbearable pink-haired woman.
I'm feeling like this season will be even more painful than the last season, but at least (I pray for this) we won't have the boar-headed guy and Zenitsu in this arc, or at least not as prominent.
God, please help me, your child, as I will need strength.
Exactly. Why does it have to be so insanely cringe and childish most of the time with the screaming and baby-pitched voices. The start of episode 1 was really awesome and cool. And then it was super cringe and weird. My god.... Same goes for the entire Zenitsu character, it makes me die in pain what an awfully annoying character that is, same goes for others as well.
Apr 9, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
What a episode, that meeting was so intense, Ufotable really made it look amazing.
So cool to finally get to see all the upper demons and how they interract with eachother.
What a beautiful episode, from start to finish. I am so hyped for all the upcoming episodes.
Apr 9, 2023 12:23 PM
Mar 2023
Pinnacle of the Anime industry's greatest Animation arrived

Let's Goo!!
Apr 9, 2023 12:24 PM

Feb 2019
Man I can’t even hate on this episode lmao this was actually really good. I was locked in for the whole hour. Ufo might be cooking

The hashira meeting was really cool too. Got a real good sense of the hierarchy and power differences even within the group.

Ayanokamisama said:
Pinnacle of Mankind's greatest Animation arrived
Let's Goo!!

This isn’t kyoani?

Mod Edit: Merged Double Posts
NoLiferSoulApr 10, 2023 1:24 AM
Apr 9, 2023 12:36 PM
Oct 2021
i’m so excited for this to be back on! already off to a great start
Apr 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Jan 2021
Ok, the episode was fucking boring as Kimetsu no Yaiba always is, and this time it was 50 minutes again, and as I have say just watch this instead of the movie/recap that is only a cash grab.

Mitsuri's booba by around half episode was what kept me awake lmao, Kimetsu thinks it can wake me up by putting tits in my face, lucky for the series, it can.
Apr 9, 2023 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
Holy crap.
AYOOOO!!! I recognize that voice from anywhere! It's Ryotaro Okiayu!!! The voice of uppermoon one Kokushibo.
What a pleasant surprise. Who knew Kuchiki Byakuya turned into a upper moon demon hahaha!

This is going to be a fun watch. Ufotable never disappoints. They keep producing bangers after bangers. Such high quality content. Honestly it's a treat.

Jan 2021
im so excited for more mitsuri content <3
Oct 2021
Nice comeback episode. Gorgeous visuals as usual.
Apr 9, 2023 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
All the Upper lineup.

Hold up, the castella was thrown away?

The ladies Kakushi are cute, just looking at their eyes.

Just took almost 38 minutes to Nezuko make an appearance. Aside from the flashback.

Inosuke is a true friend.
Apr 9, 2023 12:53 PM

Oct 2020
the demon slayer hate is crazy look at how many 1s after one ep
Apr 9, 2023 12:54 PM

Sep 2021
demon slayer aftermath episodes are always great to watch
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.