Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2022 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Damian and his little group is still quite amusing to watch even in the finale. More noticably, it looks like this episode had Loid meet them officially for the first time in anime. 

Donovan got a lot of screen time in this finale but I'm more impressed by how Loid approached him. Kinda felt bad for Damian in this episode as he isn't his usual confident self.but he's able to get his thoughts across. Looking forward to season 2!
Dec 24, 2022 6:44 AM

Jun 2019
The last episode of Spy x Family is here, at least for this year and for this season. And, this episode was once again focused on the main mission Loid is prepared for it and Anya knows what to do to help Loid with it. And, there we have the first interaction between Loid and Damian's father. And, just as expected, Loid is a master at his work and perfectly handled the situation. I was very happy to see Damian happy.

Can't wait for the movie and the second season next year. Enjoyed this season as well.
Dec 24, 2022 6:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty chill episode for the finale despite Loid-san finally meeting his main target in Desmond-san. Didn't feel like much of a conclusion but there's the Season 2 "special video" to boot, so I'll take it. Can't wait to see what next is in store for us!

It was nice to see Anya push Damian in his moment of hesitation in her own way, lol. Got to feel for him though, his father hardly seems to care about him and it's no wonder he feels so estranged like this. At least he managed to convey what he'd been meaning to, credit to him for that. 

Small little conversation between a Spy and the Enemy General. Of course, it wouldn't just be blah blah. Really enjoyed how Loid-san tried to extract his personality from the simple dialogues but it seems like Desmond-san is already used to this craft. Pretty tense atmosphere all-round between the two. I thought maybe Loid-san was trying a little too hard by dragging the conversation but even that didn't budge Desmond-san's character, that takes some skill. 

Anya definitely pulled off a big one this time, well deserved sleep in the end there, lmao. Becky-chan was awfully nice to drop her off, wonderful to see. 

All in all, it was a very entertaining cour of episodes. I only read up to the contents of the first cour so I was expecting some drastic change in the plot given how the initial PVs were but I'm glad that wasn't the case. We need our fill of goofy Anya moments, after all. Maybe one too many filler-ish episodes in the middle though, compared to the first cour at least. 

Strong 8/10. Both the OP and ED were great, going to miss them for sure. 
_MushiRock11_Dec 24, 2022 1:04 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2022 7:26 AM

Oct 2017
Finale about Loid's mission, was okay. Was a decent second cour overall. Enjoyed the episodes focusing on Yor and Nightfall the most. Looking forward to season 2.
Dec 24, 2022 7:30 AM
May 2022
no doubt...my anime of the year...cant wait for season 2 alongside movie as well...HYPE !!!
Dec 24, 2022 7:35 AM

Apr 2021
Man, this was a great season. I liked the finale. Loid could finally meet the man who was the key for Operation Strix to succeed. Desmond is still a mysterious man and not much is known about him yet. Still tho this was the first step. The best parts of this season were definitely the episodes in which Fiona appeared. I can't wait to watch season 2 and the upcoming movie in 2023!!!
Dec 24, 2022 7:35 AM
Dec 2020
That first contact was intense af loid sure made a good impression.
Damian getting even a tiny bit of recognition from his Dad sure made him feel good.
Overall pretty good first season see y'all next season when action is gonna be ramped up 'Cruise arc' let's goo.
Dec 24, 2022 7:38 AM
Sep 2021
Loid nailed this episode, the ending was really interesting.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 24, 2022 7:40 AM

Apr 2018
You couldn't call it a final episode without our main protagonist meeting Desmond. But, Anya gets the MVP for pushing Damian and giving him some strenght so he could get recognized by his father. Desmond is a man who seems to care only about results, so getting his attention is quite hard. Well, he managed to say what he wanted to say. Honestly, the second cour of the first season was quite good even with the filler-ish episodes were basically nothing happend. The quality remained the same and the arcs throughout the second cour were great. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 24, 2022 7:44 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode.The interaction between Loid and Desmond was pretty intense.I felt like Loid was going too much, Desmond may or may not have suspected Loid.But Loid and Anya's encouragement Damian was able to come clear with his father.Great.

Now onwards to second season.9/10 rating for this part.

Dec 24, 2022 7:46 AM
Nov 2021
oid meets Desmond the final boss of his mission... and Damian finally get to tell his dad what he wants to tell him
Poor damian, he got very little recognition from his dad

So finally the s1 of sxf is over... it was indeed a nice journey idc people trashing about this part, the anime adapted the manga well.Both animation and music was good , good op&Ed '.overall enjoyed this show... Waiting for the next season... gonna miss anya and her unique facial expressions....

8/10 for this part.. hope they release the sequal soon
Dec 24, 2022 8:03 AM
Apr 2020
A fitting end to the first season. I am quite glad that they adapted up to chapter 38 instead of 37 so that the season didn't end on a cliffhanger of Loid just meeting Donovan Desmond (so no conversation between them) which would have been quickly resolved. Anya is again being as amusing as ever with that elating speech of hers and falling asleep instantly after waiting for Damian's father to arrive. Episode ending on a wholesome note was also quite nice to see with Loid coming home and being greeted by Yor and a fast asleep Anya and Bond lol. Again I'm quite happy they ended the season quite neatly and looking forward to the next season and anime original movie coming next year!
Dec 24, 2022 8:07 AM

Apr 2020
Worse than season 1 but still good.
I just hope S3 is better.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 24, 2022 8:09 AM

Jan 2009
Loid and Desmond (the final boss villain and center piece of this whole fake family mission) finally meet 

Desmond believes humans can never understand one another but Loid said its still better to try to understand one another though

Desmond got them crazy eyes meme too

degDec 24, 2022 9:01 AM
Dec 24, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2021
Great finale to the season it was nice to see Damian happy to be able to talk to his dad even though his dad is a hard man to please
Dec 24, 2022 8:16 AM

Dec 2020
With Anya's aiding operation strix Loid finally made contact with Donovan desmond. The conversation was intense, Loid is always 1 step ahead against his enemy. Not only He made his mark be it small in Dononvan's mind with his impressive conversation skills but at the same he analysed the no. of bodyguards, their behaviours and the relationship between Damian and Donovan. A Good fucking ep.

Overall I enjoyed this cour same as the 1st one, so it's an 8/10 from me. I am glad that the future projects regarding spyxfamily are already announced.
Dec 24, 2022 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
Loid went over the top with that performance. Desmond's probably skeptical and saw through his act.

Well, the target finally makes his appearance and now the seeds have been sown. Nice end to the season.
Dec 24, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Good finale and overall a solid adaptation of the manga for part 1 and part 2, hoping they keep it up for season 2 since the Cruise arc is a certified banger.

Other than that I'm curious what will be the plot of the movie since it will be original content; will it tie into the main story or simply be a side-mission that has no impact on canon. We'll see.
Dec 24, 2022 8:30 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Merry Christmas and with that we're done finished with the part 2 of the series which I didn't quite enjoyed as much as the first one, but it was still pretty much entertaining.

New characters make their dayview including most importantly Bond, Nightfall and Desmond himself at the last minute. Also, the animation held up quite nicely and some improvements in some parts such as the opening sequence and the tennis episodes. Furthermore, the music still slaps except for the opening song which is way calmer in beat than it probably should have been in my opinion.

Nonetheless, I can't deny the clear lack of focus the series felt like it had in the middle of its run considering the sheer lack of Stella stars or Turnbolts progression as well as a relevant subplot. While the first mission was great in suspense and put Anya under a tense situation, at the end of the day it was merely for Bond's introduction. Yor's relationship with Loid did take a step forward but a small one and that's about it. Same case with Anya and Damian's one though probably a larger one considering Becky's influence.

Overall, it was a pleasure to watch but I'm waiting for the pace to pick up a bit and that may be the case on the next season or the movie, maybe, I don't know.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 24, 2022 8:33 AM

Jun 2020
Donovan really got the mysterious intimidating aura, huh. Honestly I feel Loid did too much for gaining the information.
It's a pity though because we just get to see the progress of Operation Strix, yet this is actually the final episode from the first season. Well, I'm waiting for the movie and the second season!
Dec 24, 2022 8:34 AM

Nov 2019
Finally the meeting between Loid and Desmond. Was quite interesting to see Damian struggling to convey his feelings to his father but he did manage in the end with a bit of push.

Despite the bit of slow part of this second cour, compared to the first cour, there was some nice episode. Especially the underground Tennis parts. With the addition of Fiona to the character, it also had a bit of freshness to the show. Overall, it was quite fun, patiently waiting for the next season.

8/10.

Dec 24, 2022 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
A tense first meeting with the target of Operation Strix, Donovan Desmond, to end the season. Loid seems to have made a good first impression but Desmond is a very cautious man, so he certainly still has his guard up. He's a man of few words so Loid really had to go on and on to try and get something out of him that he could use to aid his mission. That surely had to have riled up Desmond's suspicions, even if he didn't express that himself. It was also good to see Damian be able to express himself a little better to his dad, thanks in part to Anya's encouragement. 

Farewell for now to Spy x Family, this second cour was also a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to season 2 and the movie next year!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
There's no better note to end the season on than plot development.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
The finale before Season 2's return next year, sees the Imperial Scholars being a high-profile event at Eden College.

Loid's mission to infiltrate and locate Donovan Desmond to get into his good graces to keep Operation Strix alive, this mixer of a social gathering is tough to swallow if there's no Plan B in the form of Anya's relationship with Damian. Obviously, he doesn't want to talk about his family given the high-profile people that they are, and his older brother Demetrius even showing up holds much presence. But Anya, man your way of interpreting things, is so off the chart lols, but at least didn't stray too far off from Loid's original plans. Backy is just the all-unknowing follower ready for more drama, but at the cusp of believing if whatever Anya said is true.

Loid's first ever face-to-face meeting with Damian, and coincidentally the meeting with Donovan, this is what I have been waiting for: the First Contact, the first of many confrontations. Despite his evil facial demeanor, the spat between children being an exchange of nice formality, but also an exposé on their core beliefs deep down. Using Damian and Anya's interaction as a faux pas for his investigation to get close to Donovan as possible, Loid passed the first of many stages learning Donovan's style and his police of bodyguards. I tink that Damian plucking his courage to talk to his own father on his achievements, that's already commendable enough.

A set up for Season 2 next year, and I'm all ready to take in Loid's missions for a build-up.
Dec 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Jan 2010
Loid really put over damian in his first contact, he made an impression and that enough but I thought he was talking too much and that desmond was about to get suspicious.

A good season, looking foward for more and I hope we don't need to wait that much.
Dec 24, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2019
Can’t believe this season of SpyxFamily is over. Absolutely blew by. But they saved the best for last that’s for sure. Last two weeks have been awesome. LoidxYor last week and then Anya x Damian this week. Damian’s actually a really sweet boy just doesn’t know how to express himself, but hopefully the little seeds Loid planted in he and his father’s mind will help him going forward. Can’t wait to see how he and Anya relationship develop too!

Awesome finale, can’t wait for next season.
Dec 24, 2022 9:00 AM
May 2021
Loids is such a great father even if he’s not aware of it. Really gave Damian some great encouragement.

See y’all in season 2 and the movie
M
Dec 24, 2022 9:05 AM
Oct 2020
ZER0PT said:
7/10
worse? What? And it's still season 1 bro 🙄🤦‍♂️
Dec 24, 2022 9:08 AM

Feb 2017
Really enjoyed that final!
Overall I think 2nd cour was weaker than 1st one but still a good watch especially ep where Fiona was present.
Dec 24, 2022 9:09 AM
Oct 2016
A very tense ending to the first season. Loid finally gets his meeting with Donovan Desmond. The whole show has been leading to this point in one way or another. Loid has been coaxing Anya to get closer to Damian for this exact moment. While she hasn't been the greatest at charming Damian in the way Loid wants their interactions have lead to this one. Loid does his best to get over to their house but Donovan Desmond shuts that down. Continuing the conversation Loid does a good job sticking up for Damian and getting Donovan to ease up on his son a little. It was nice seeing Damian get praise from his dad. Loid made some progress on the Desmond family. Overall this season half of season one was incredible. I loved every episode, even the ones that were patched together smaller stories. This show is at its heart a slice of life with occasional action or intense moments. Not the other way around so even the slower comedy episodes were good. Just seeing these characters interact and do everyday things and antics made the show a joy to see every week. We got tons of different kinds of stories with all those middle episodes which I liked seeing. The bomb plot and nightfall arcs were also really good. Showing the writing can do long form stories well too. This is absolutely my anime of the year. Seeing the Forgers animated over so many episodes couldn't have made me happier. All the more that were getting season two and a movie very soon.

10000000000/100
Dec 24, 2022 9:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Time to say our goodbyes huh. At least until next year. A social gathering of elites huh must be quite the meeting. In a way looks like the tower of wisdom featured the best in terms of anti spy defences. Damian's relationship with his family seems way too distant. Loid's plan though really was well thought out. Desmond though sure had a marked resemblance to adolf though. His tempurement was also something that surprised me as well. Loid's speech that he used to try and get close to Desmond though was damm good though. From the looks of things looks like Desmond does care about his son but doesn't want to show too much emotion. Overall a fun ep that managed to end the first season on a high note by finally intrducing the main villain in the form of the adolf lookalike Desmond. Can't wait to see season 2 but this season was truly a blast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2022 9:12 AM

Apr 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
ZER0PT said:
7/10
worse? What? And it's still season 1 bro 🙄🤦‍♂️

Yes I know it's crazy but people can have different opinions. A lot of people share the same opinion as I do. You know what I meant "bro". The whole part thing is stupid imo.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 24, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2021
TBH unlike the 1st cour, I kinda just feel a letdown in this 2nd cour and I had to just anticipate scenes that are going to be offered here or otherwise I can't really watch a full episode just like I how I used to back then. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 2022
I loved it, very good, I felt that the episode lasted 5 minutes xD

Nov 2021
cue ball ahh eyes...
Dec 24, 2022 9:26 AM
Sep 2015
This episode deserves to be the final episode of this season. Despite zero action, we can tell that just only a minute of conversation with Damien is the most difficult mission of Twilight yet. He calculates every single move and words to be the best Damien-friendly as possible.
Dec 24, 2022 9:29 AM

Oct 2022
It was a great season but still not a cliffhanger ending just like season 1.
Dec 24, 2022 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Loved this episode. I thought the interaction between the three was awesome.

I am very intrigued by Donovans Head and why he has those giant scars on both sides. Intriguing.

Looking forward to season 2!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 24, 2022 9:33 AM
Nov 2021
Does anyone know where the episode leave off in the manga?
Dec 24, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
Glad to see Spy x Family was so well received as anime. We'll still have great moments from here on, but for now it's farewell. Probably for a long time as this is a biweekly series
Dec 24, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2015
The novelty of this anime wore off after part 1, so the part 2 seemed not as entertaining. Some episodes weren't as great but good thing that they ended on that note, finally something important happened and the plot progresses. So I think I liked this part just as much as the previous one after all. Though it would be nice to see more development of characters and their relationships, with more serious attitude and not only comedy stunts in the next season. 
Dec 24, 2022 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
Leehozen said:
This episode covered chapters 37 and 38
Dec 24, 2022 9:45 AM
Nov 2021
Switch_Z said:
Leehozen said:
This episode covered chapters 37 and 38

Thank you so much.
Dec 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2019
simply a beautiful episode.. loid with his smooth talk with Desmond.. i could use that skill on daily basis..hahahha.. looking forward to the next season .
Dec 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Aug 2022
so we had to sit through all that romance drama and goofy shopping episodes just to get to this finally good point in the story.

good finale, meh 2nd part. 

Dec 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
Nice conclusion, kept up with the first part of the season (though I hated Ep 4) hope to see these relationships advance.  Also hope to see Yor in action as well and not just in housewife mode with bursts of kicking Loid in the face.  9/10.
Dec 24, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2021
Donovan looks like he has never slept since he was born. Fitting given his cautious nature.

Dec 24, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2022
man even though this episode didn't have any action scenes it was so damn exciting, that conversation between loid and desmond felt like a freaking war, very epic stuff man
can't wait for season 2
Dec 24, 2022 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
We finally made the first contact with the target.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 24, 2022 11:01 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally meeting Donovan Desmond was a great way to end this season and cour, we’ve only heard of him and how important he is to Operation Strix up to this point so it was a big moment. He definitely has a spooky design that goes along with his cold personality, it was a bit anxiety inducing witnessing Loid tiptoe around the conversation, I thought he overstayed his welcome at one point but thankfully he knew just what to say to Donovan, and even helped Damian get a bit of recognition and praise from his father in the process, which was a sweet moment even if Donovan didn’t seem sincere, that was enough to be considered a win for Damian. And ending on a sleeping Anya was fitting giving how she was a big part of the reason the meeting happened.

And this ends the 2nd cour of Spy x Family Season 1, I know some felt this cour was weaker giving how there was less focus on the overarching plot but I personally enjoyed this one just as much as the first, as an SoL enjoyer it was a delight to see more focus on that aspect, and there were some arcs and serious moments mixed in that were excellent as well. The OP and ED in this 2nd cour were fantastic, both visually and musically. If I had to pick one over the other, I’d say OP2 > OP1 and ED1 > ED2, but they’re all amazing of course so it’s a hard decision lol. And I’m really happy to know we’re not just getting a Season 2 but a movie as well, what a nice present on this Christmas Eve. The wait will be longer this time, but I really look forward to what comes next.
TheColonel76Dec 24, 2022 11:06 AM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

220 by JJR1971 »»
Apr 20, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

255 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 11, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.