Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, this episode got a little weird. First half was the usual stuff but when those trio of guys came out in their thongs and poses...I just can't help but laugh. All that man service this episode.

And oh yeah, we got the girls into swimsuits too. Go figure. This is technically a beach-style episode LOL.
Oct 24, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
This was the last series that I expected to have a beach episode, but I’m not complaining at all. The girls all looked amazing. The guys were hilarious. Was Legit dying laughing when pretty boy kept falling off the ledge. Then ending the ep on Miyako pulling out a wedgie lmao.

Expected this ep to be a lot darker considering last week’s, but I’m fine with this light hearted follow up. Looks like we got a new girl joining the squad next week, can’t wait. Loving this show.
Oct 24, 2020 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely glorious episode, these boys knew exactly what they were doing.

The comedy was so over the top and weird, I found it hilarious especially IKEMEN-SAN!! XD
Those poses and grins on seeing the girls in their swimsuits, I see all of the guys at the base are men of culture too. Ton of glorious fan service shots, heck even the final frame had some fantastic Miyako service.

Good stuff guys, I wasn't expecting a lot of fan service after the first episode, but clearly this episode surpassed any and all expectations of a fan service I had and I loved it.

Not much on the action front this week, though I'm curious who that lady in the plane was at the end.
Oct 24, 2020 9:37 AM

Jan 2020
Clap clap clap clap clap clap

Oct 24, 2020 9:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow a serpent the enemy sure is getting creative with their compositions. Miyako's overwhelming positivity really is the cure for everything it seems. Hmm its nice to see the controllers get some exposure. Its funny seeing the pillars use some form of tactic though in their attack. Man that display by the three pilots sure was a bit too much as was their journey back. Still it's pretty fun seeing the girls face the pillars while in swimsuits. Seems the new arrival is someone that Sonoka knows well. Overall an decent ep though i do feel that they went a little overboard with the comedy. Love the new ending theme though. Penguins huh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
A beach episode is exactly what you should expect from this show. But honestly pretty nice fanservice and even some manservice lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2020 9:55 AM

Sep 2019
This was the best episode and I doubt that any episode will top this. They know why we watch this show so they did their best using the fanservice.
Oct 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
The weirdest episode I ever watched lol. The trio men were just hilarious. Those poses. XD
Also, doesn't their butt hurt with all those clapping?

Azuzu's plan worked in the end, like all her plans.

Oct 24, 2020 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
No beach but we still got swimsuit fanservice. They looked cute in them. Also the sneezing part was funny, allright episode.
Oct 24, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2020
Weird episode,but the fanservice is good.
Oct 24, 2020 10:47 AM

Feb 2020
Now THAT is how you do a fan service episode. Butt clap.
Oct 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
10/10. After death some levity. I can sympathize with Baldy, cute anime girls never step on me either.
Oct 24, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao the butt slapping, that certainly was unexpected, but it proved to be a very fun episode.
Oct 24, 2020 11:09 AM

Sep 2020
What a weird episode

👏 👏 👏 👏
Oct 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Jan 2018
enjoyed this episode more than I expected
and in more ways than one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Jan 2019
This episode is so clap clap that it makes me want to clap clap too.

Fanservice is nice, but what I really want to see is the end of the world. I hope that Odin's talk about the proximity of ragnarok is not bait.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Oct 24, 2020 1:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol that cave scene... so many swimsuits and muscular men xD didn't expect to see things like that in this anime but why not
Oct 24, 2020 1:32 PM

Jun 2020
Is this really written by Tappei nagatsuki? Because it does not seem like it.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 24, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Wow, just wow. This was literally the last thing I was expecting from this show, but I straight out laughed the whole of the second half.

Clappity Clap!! That was some man service right there. I loved how Miyako and Claudia actually joined in as well, why they both are best girl, very much cultured.

Fanservice was really great, the angles ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , the swimsuits (eventho I wish Sonoka was wearing a bikini as well), the slides and the jiggles.. these millitary men set this all up and I loved it. True men of culture!! Their sacrifices won't be in vain!
Oct 24, 2020 4:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
This show has suddenly gone bonkers AF 🤔
I don’t hate it tho 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 24, 2020 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Wow didn't expect the beach episode so fast and unannounced :D Azuzu looked amazing <3

Clappity clap clap might become the meme that will draw more people to this serie! :D That and the bridge of manlyness :D Those guys were hilarious
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
Oct 24, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2020
This episode was a weird one.

A lot of fan service and the "clap clap".

Couldn't help but laugh watching this episode.

Cultured episode :)
Oct 24, 2020 5:19 PM

May 2020
I really don't know what to think about this episode... Fanservice was ok I guess but it felt so weird.
Oct 24, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
So disappointing. A third of the way into this series and so little has happened. A swimsuit focused episode this early when the characters are hardly even developed gives me almost no interest in an episode like this.
Oct 24, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2019
Definitely my favorite episode so far...too funny...best comedy trio incoming - Umi team.
Oct 24, 2020 5:46 PM

Jun 2017
A "beach" episode with actual plot and PLOT? The comedy was spot on too.

Although I am a bit confused with how the fight ended. The magic secret was just to attack the flying worms all at once? They suddenly just cut to them exploding lol.
Oct 24, 2020 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
MomoSinX said:

Although I am a bit confused with how the fight ended. The magic secret was just to attack the flying worms all at once? They suddenly just cut to them exploding lol.

I think they were out of time and decided to cut it out :D Since the focus was on comedy like Pretty Boy :D
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
Oct 24, 2020 6:26 PM

Oct 2020
This episode have created a joyful atmosphere.

BEFORE : Nooooo(-_-)The beach episode doen't have any effect on the plot.What I want is to see the complete plot and a touching story!

AFTER : Beach episode SAIKOU !!!
vedwienalOct 24, 2020 7:40 PM
[/url]
Oct 24, 2020 8:00 PM

Sep 2019
can we get back to the cute girls do war things. I didn't mind the beach episode but last week we had such a better heart-wrenching experience and I personally want that back. Hopefully, this is just a one-off thing.
Oct 24, 2020 8:18 PM

May 2018
SOIYA SOIYA SOIYA!

" We’ll rid ourselves of any hardships!
A woman’s smile is what men long for, right?
Throw out your chest, put up the sails
We are the Ebisu of our ship"

Good god that was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

MomoSinX said:

I think its because if one of the worms die, another one regenerates it, so the secret is to kill them all at once, so they can't regenerate each other.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 24, 2020 9:10 PM
Sep 2016
I might be the only one.... But for me, the best part of this episode is when, despite all the build-up to Azu's plan, they just show the 4 pillars explode from a distance like some joke.... I find that really hillarious and so F*ing meta.
This is not sarcasm, I legit found that really meta and hillarious.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Oct 25, 2020 12:07 AM

Apr 2019
not actually that bad to watch but absolutely shit objectively. probably dropping... oh how far A-1 has fallen

Oct 25, 2020 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
I have never seen a swimsuit episode that perfectly balances both areas of service like this one.

IKEMEN SOU!
Oct 25, 2020 12:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao. This episode just an excuse to showed off their nice body. In the other words, its fanservice time! They even added a new ED, and slightly changed the OP by adding that new character near Sonoka. Oh, man. What the actual fuck these was xD. That trio comedian. Ikemen san? (the fuck these was?). That soldiers look on their eyes (its really obvious, and no way they couldn't prevent it xD). That butt slap (seriously, the fuck? XD). No once, but its so much! Even Miyako and Claudia too xD. Oh man, such an unfortunate Sono didn't have a proper bikini, tho. Then the last scene at the air, why you said that, Sonoka? Miyako? That camera angle shot.

Lmao. Its really obvious that these episode was nothing rather just a fanservices. So, who cares shit story and its bullshit, lemme enjoy their schtick!
badabassOct 25, 2020 12:55 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 25, 2020 3:29 AM

Dec 2017
The ending song is called "Fly High" by Miyako Muguruma (CV. Nene Hieda)
https://twitter.com/sigururi/status/1320017212145504258?s=20
Oct 25, 2020 3:50 AM

Sep 2020
Exhilarating episode that will probably mark the beginning of the end for the ''peaceful'' days at the base.
AvveniristaOct 25, 2020 4:15 AM
Oct 25, 2020 4:17 AM

Jan 2016
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but a 6:38? REALLY?

I couldn't care less about the score if not for people who actually watch anime based of the scores and hence miss out on great shows like this
Oct 25, 2020 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
... What a masterpiece lol
Anyone who doesn't understand the genius of this episode definitely should stay watching those mainstream "westernized" anime.
Oct 25, 2020 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
MomoSinX said:

That's the hitter lol. So we began with Anzu thinking loads of stuff, and ended the episode like nothing really happened. It's just one simple explosion cut. It makes everything that happened before like just a simple joke. And that's why the content of this episode... are jokes

A nice metaphor to life. Everything seems so complicated at first, and you spent a ton fck of time thinking and worrying about. At the end of the day, once you've done everything you have to do, everything you planned to do, that everything you did in the past really feels like just it was just 1 explosion cut.
And then you look at the present.
Oct 25, 2020 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
Another calm and peaceful episode...with a non-beach theme and swimsuits to boot, why am I not surprised when there's still time to have fanservice before all the serious stuff.

The 1st half is the standard Valkyries vs. Pillars stuff, and facing a catastrophic problem doesn't forebode well to the 4 girls. NEVER MIND ABOUT THAT, the macho trio has a way to get them back...through the underground, which means, its fanservice time! Clappity butt claps TO THE MAX, AND I F***ING LOVE IT LMAO! It was clapptivating, and manservice amplified to greatness with "seduction tactics" LULZ

And...another girl to join in the rampage?

Plot on plot, what a serviceable episode.

IKEMEN SOU~~~!!!
Oct 25, 2020 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
This show has a god awful script. If it wasnt for the fun cast and entertaining scenarios outside the main plot this show would be garbage. Despite what the future episodes do these last 4 has stained much of what I can call a good show. I dont understand these battles, the tension is lost, and there is no climax to any of the fights. Just BOOM its dead and they introduce something new. I hope it gets better but can it save this show at this point?
Oct 25, 2020 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
BromWalar said:

Remember Subaru doing disco poses, being excessively cheerful and energetic, trying to look confident.

OMG, the beach episode was actually part of the plan/plot. Overly genki guys, misugi galore! 10/10

Too bad the actual fight was just a blink :/
Oct 25, 2020 11:44 AM

Jun 2020
Frank_86 said:
BromWalar said:

Remember Subaru doing disco poses, being excessively cheerful and energetic, trying to look confident.

OMG, the beach episode was actually part of the plan/plot. Overly genki guys, misugi galore! 10/10

Well, it was there very little and no episode was almost entirely filler material like this one. There was a great story from the star, one great idea after the other but here, nothing is on the same level. I just hope that it gets going.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 25, 2020 2:51 PM

Oct 2018
BromWalar said:
Frank_86 said:

Well, it was there very little and no episode was almost entirely filler material like this one. There was a great story from the star, one great idea after the other but here, nothing is on the same level. I just hope that it gets going.

Yeah, the story will probably ramp up from now on. The new character is a good sign of it :D
Oct 25, 2020 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
WTF did I just watch? Seriously, this was some of the most over the top comedy I've seen in quite a while.
Oct 25, 2020 7:04 PM
Nov 2019
Is no one gonna talk about ending ?
That was so freaking cute !! I want at least a special Episode on that
Oct 25, 2020 9:05 PM

Jun 2019
There were parts of this episode that I enjoyed because it was so absurd, such as the part when they go through the cave. But a lot of it didn’t make any sense. Why were the Valkries so far away from their planes? How can the pillars spawn spontaneously wherever they want? Why did it end so confusingly and anticlimatically? The fanservice was also a little much.

I think this anime does a decent job with the characters, but the plot has become foo stagnant and has yet to really develop. I think I’m going to drop it, but I’ll keep tabs on it just in case it starts to improve.
Oct 25, 2020 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
this uh... was not the episode i was expecting to see even for a beach related episode it was so random and out of left field i can only suspect it to be a bait episode or at least a remember when this show was goofy moment as things go awful by the end or this is the actual tone of the show lol

used to Soya! ing so everyone wearing them is a nice change then just the girls i guess.
Oct 25, 2020 11:40 PM

Oct 2016
CLAPPITY CLAP!

A swimsuit episode is the last thing I would expect in my cute girls flying blessed planes to massacre monster pillars show... BUT WE TAKE THOSE.

That whole second half of the episode man, what a ride figuratively and literally. And this episode once again proves Azuzu is best girl.

And we got new girl, and Sonoka probably knows her or they have history. I am sure the plot will start to pick up after this episode but, hopefully we still get some fun episodes.

That ED is fucking adorable though, it was so good.
sKyBlazer08Oct 25, 2020 11:43 PM
Oct 26, 2020 12:27 AM

Oct 2007
a tricky opponent to fight. So all four need to be destroyed at the same time.

really cute penguins at the ending song.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

29 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.