Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Haruki is still pretty fun to watch in this anime. Very open minded and jokes with good humor.

The metaphor-like thoughts from Miou is noticable this episode. Compared to some of the other episode, it feels her thoughts are a bit scattered. I hope she and Haruki can get along again like before.

I'm impressed by the music of this episode, in particular the montage detailing Haruki's life.
Dec 8, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
So the teacher is aware of a certain girl his friend saved earlier but just learned that it's her, but SuzuKen's character doesn't know about him saving her.

End of Summer vacation. The girl disappeared because she feels guilty about stealing his most important person... and SuzuKen's character is worried.

He is mad at her reaction (not telling him what's wrong).

SuzuKen's character remembering his time with his brother, w. young Haruki's IN song. His confused mind affects his progress in making movies.

The teacher announced that he is able to go to the US?!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2016
Of course shes blaming herself for that, and of course shes avoiding him after that.

Cliffhanger at the end ... oh come on ...
Dec 8, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
Great unnecessary drama, come on! can't you fucking realize you are doing worse by avoiding Haruki instead of telling him the truth? nice way to trash everything done in the 1st and 2nd episode Miou, Nicely done.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 8, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
Well what Miou discovered was about to cause problems betweent the two. Not talking with Haruki wasn't a good idea though; especially if things drag (ofc they will) and he goes to USA.
Dec 8, 2017 2:17 PM
Jul 2017
Somehow this episode made me cut onions, alot of them. And i dont think i will be stopping anytime soon. I thought honeyworks were supposed to be lighthearted, not onion producing. Great music though
Dec 8, 2017 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
The drama intensifies... The dark mood of this episode was really good and the flashback explained a lot.
And now even another hurdle is thrown between them, either he would follow his dream in Ameriaca or he stays with his loved woman. That is provided they find the way to each other again.

Keeping secrets probably wasn't the best thing Aida could do but I believe others would behave the same, keeping distance. This is extremely complicated situation for everyone and it's only obvious that humans tries to stay away from pain or causing pain to others... Honestly? Right now I don't see any chance for they to end together even though I believe the writers comes out with some solution.

HereticHunter said:
Great unnecessary drama, come on! can't you fucking realize you are doing worse by avoiding Haruki instead of telling him the truth? nice way to trash everything done in the 1st and 2nd episode Miou, Nicely done.

So you think this couldn't happen in the real life? Things like these happens all the time and people often make illogical decisions based on their feelings (from viewers point of view she may acted stupid but try to imagine how hard it have to be for her to tell him such truth.. and the longer she's avoding him the worst would get it).
a) Aida is extremely shy girl
b) she loves him but at the same time she's conscious of the fact that every time she would be seeing him she would remind him of his deceased brother. And she doesn't want to force more pain on him
c) it's also about how she would feel when talking with him and knowing that you only live on someone else's behalf isn't exactly the best thing to be reminded everytime you are with the person you love.
Dec 8, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2014
Well it was pretty obvious that Miou was gonna beat herself up over the truth and start avoiding Haruki. Makes me sad, if only they could solve things by talking it out. :(
Also the drawing that Akari did looked stunning, Natsuki's looked great too but damn Akari's was on another level.

Nice flashback showing Haruki's older brother, he was a good guy.

That ending though, Haruki won the competition and can now study abroad. Hopefully he can patch things up with Miou regardless of his decision regarding his studies.
Dec 8, 2017 6:09 PM

Feb 2016
Mich666 said:

HereticHunter said:

So you think this couldn't happen in the real life? Things like these happens all the time and people often make illogical decisions based on their feelings (from viewers point of view she may acted stupid but try to imagine how hard it have to be for her to tell him such truth.. and the longer she's avoding him the worst would get it).
a) Aida is extremely shy girl
b) she loves him but at the same time she's conscious of the fact that every time she would be seeing him she would remind him of his deceased brother. And she doesn't want to force more pain on him
c) it's also about how she would feel when talking with him and knowing that you only live on someone else's behalf isn't exactly the best thing to be reminded everytime you are with the person you love.

Yeah, its very possible but pretty coward from Miou's side, she's actually doing worse by not telling him (apart from the fact that his brother actually helped A LOT of people, so its not like it was her fault)

You might think I'm all talk, but I've experienced this sort of things before, and trust me, it backfires so hard. You've gotta get rid of the past soon enough, mixing it with the Present just backfires. Its not that I dislike this anime, but her behavior triggered me so hard
~Blackwall
Dec 8, 2017 6:14 PM
Mar 2015
How in the world did she come up with the conclusion that she killed Haruki's brother? She was specifically told that his death had nothing to do with saving her
Dec 8, 2017 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
HereticHunter said:
Yeah, its very possible but pretty coward from Miou's side, she's actually doing worse by not telling him (apart from the fact that his brother actually helped A LOT of people, so its not like it was her fault)
You might think I'm all talk, but I've experienced this sort of things before, and trust me, it backfires so hard. You've gotta get rid of the past soon enough, mixing it with the Present just backfires. Its not that I dislike this anime, but her behavior triggered me so hard

Well, somehow I understand, I also had experienced few similiar situations when people stopped talking to each other IRL. And most of the time it doesn't even have to be somethiing this big, just coincidence, doing something stupid or vice versa - doing nothing. You can hate people for doing that but that's exactly what makes them human.

I'm just saying you are mixing two things here, her non-clever decision and the way how anime shown the situation. While we can hate her for her choice, the anime did actually great to portray such situation and her emotions. The best thing you can probably do here is try to imagine yourself in her boots to understand her. And the very fact that her behavior irks you and would wanted her to act differently means they did something right here. Because even such people exist, imperfect as they are.
Dec 8, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
Well, Miou's reaction is predictable because yeah, her personality is like that. I hoped Saku would tell Haru the truth, tho..
Dec 8, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2017
I wouldn't have minded this subplot if it came at a different time, but it's obviously there just to stop them from getting together. Way too melodramatic.
Dec 9, 2017 5:15 AM
Mar 2017
Anyone know who voiced the young Haruki? It's not in the myanimelist credits, and I can't read japanese. Whoever it was did a fantastic job. Actually sounded like a boy, as opposed to a 20-something year old girl. (Not that I have anything against 20-something year old girls -- I just have an annoyingly good ear. I like voices that sound authentic)

EDIT: nevermind. It's almost definitely riinu from strawberry prince http://sp.nicovideo.jp/user/52491699
Saika_TotsukaDec 10, 2017 3:09 AM
Dec 9, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2016
Mich666 said:
HereticHunter said:

Well, somehow I understand, I also had experienced few similiar situations when people stopped talking to each other IRL. And most of the time it doesn't even have to be somethiing this big, just coincidence, doing something stupid or vice versa - doing nothing. You can hate people for doing that but that's exactly what makes them human.

I'm just saying you are mixing two things here, her non-clever decision and the way how anime shown the situation. While we can hate her for her choice, the anime did actually great to portray such situation and her emotions. The best thing you can probably do here is try to imagine yourself in her boots to understand her. And the very fact that her behavior irks you and would wanted her to act differently means they did something right here. Because even such people exist, imperfect as they are.

Yeah exactly, I'm not really stating it as a bad thing, just a thing that pissed me off, you can consider it a Rant against her
~Blackwall
Dec 9, 2017 7:44 AM
Nov 2016
The montage of Haruki and Chiaki was very well done with top notch music and pretty good art. This show has better art than most shows have, nothing groundbreaking but it's still better.

The director of this series knows how to do endings, it ended at the perfect spot with Haruki receiving the news of his scholarship to America being approved.
Dec 9, 2017 8:36 AM
Jul 2015
landofthekwt said:
How in the world did she come up with the conclusion that she killed Haruki's brother? She was specifically told that his death had nothing to do with saving her
that is exactly what I was thinking the entire episode...i don't understand her thought process
Dec 9, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2017
The cringe level so damn high LMAO.
Theres no difference between this with indonesian tv drama.
It kinda ironic this anime use topic about movie, but the quality of this anime not even on good level.
The Opening song leak so much. The way of characterization a bit irritating.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 9, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
I'm not a fan of the "avoiding the person I like" part, but I can manage.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 10, 2017 4:23 AM
Mar 2017
landofthekwt said:

Ah, the way I understood it was that while chiaki did die saving her, it wasn't her fault, as it was his choice.
Dec 10, 2017 9:55 PM

Dec 2014
well pretty depressing how everything falls apart...I always hate this climax in anmes
Dec 11, 2017 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like things are not going so well with Haruki.
And Miou is still blaming herself even though Saku-nii already said that Chiaki is already frail to begin with...
4/5.

Dec 11, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2015
Good on the sensei for respecting Miou's autonomy, I wonder what her painting looks like...
~
Dec 12, 2017 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was even more messy and this cringe level is damn too high and just crossed level of HandShaker anime I have watched! worst one dimentional characters(except Sensei) and I am finding this 'dark' atmosphere really too funny. Or is it that I am not getting this romantic story just because I didn't watch too many romance anime?

Anyway, I just hope he goes to USA and make this situation more serious..

^I have to admit that I literally have put up something bad comment here.
Dec 14, 2017 7:31 PM
Aug 2017
This episode was a little slower than the other ones, but it was still pretty solid. It's a good series so far.
Dec 23, 2017 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
Dang Miou, you breaking my heart.
She should just asked Haruki to talk about his brother. But no, she has to get all depressed and avoidant. (that's not a word apparently)

... wish there were subs with song translation...
Dec 25, 2017 4:39 AM

May 2016
Cringy. I don't understand that girl.

Dec 25, 2017 4:39 AM

May 2016
Melindypants said:
landofthekwt said:
that is exactly what I was thinking the entire episode...i don't understand her thought process
Had to rewatch the convo with her mother in the latter part of episode 2 to see if there was something mentioned, about her being saved, that might have worsened the health condition of the brother BUT there was none. So i seriously don't understand why was she avoiding him.

Dec 25, 2017 10:32 PM
Mar 2012
ep1-2 been awesome. Characters nice & funny. But now Miou turns into annoying avoid bf mode. Well someone has to take the initiative to communicate.
All the osts been really good.
Dec 30, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2015
Well... even if I don’t like it (in terms of get already together) I can understand her reaction after all she just learned/remembered that a person died saving her and that person is the brother of the guy she is in love plus she is a teenager so her reaction is just normal in my humble opinion.
Dec 31, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2012
Quite the interesting development to be honest! Really want to see what this change will turn out to! Let's see what's next.
Jan 5, 2018 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
Decent drama, can see them getting much closer when it is overcome.
Would have been too harsh if she was the cause of his brother's death, good that isn't the case.
Jan 16, 2018 5:13 AM

Aug 2017
Oh no! The brother's death is now a plot device. This is the worst scenario ever. At least the flashbacks are good. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2018 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Now Miou is afraid Haruki will hate her, when she is not guilty.
Feb 18, 2018 10:12 AM

May 2016
Woah years ago when I listened the song Mio was definitively my favorite girl, now she is really bothersome, feel bad for him
Apr 26, 2018 9:57 PM

Mar 2015
Mmmmm blaming yourself for something like that is harsher than it should be. You can't change the past, after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 31, 2019 10:33 PM

Nov 2014
eww.. Miou is blaming herself so much for Haruki's bro death. The situation seems pretty harsh and awkward knowing they don't any mean to clear it up.

Chiaki bittersweet flashback is really awesome, the insert song really match the scene, and Haruki's determination felt in it.

It seems Haruki won the tournament and get a scholarship to USA, i wonder what'll happen next.
Jul 14, 2019 12:30 PM
Jun 2019
tsubasalover said:
So the teacher is aware of a certain girl his friend saved earlier but just learned that it's her, but SuzuKen's character doesn't know about him saving her.

End of Summer vacation. The girl disappeared because she feels guilty about stealing his most important person... and SuzuKen's character is worried.

He is mad at her reaction (not telling him what's wrong).

SuzuKen's character remembering his time with his brother, w. young Haruki's IN song. His confused mind affects his progress in making movies.

The teacher announced that he is able to go to the US?!

why do you summarize every episode ??
Jul 14, 2019 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
@anime786 check my profile to read answer to your question.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 16, 2019 6:06 AM

Jul 2015
All this drama could have been avoided if Miou just talked it out with Haruki instead of blaming herself

Aug 1, 2019 5:21 PM

Aug 2016
Damn unnecessary drama -.____.-
May 29, 2020 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Ugh, this is so irritating. It turned out exatly the way I thought it would. Just three more episodes, so I will power through this. If this was 12 episodes I would drop it right here.
Jul 29, 2022 6:26 AM

Jun 2021
Sensei best boy.....
Sep 13, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was very emotional for me because I also have someone who was my Chiaki, so I ended up identifying with Haruki's feelings. I think some lines were exaggerated and could have been done in another way to fit better, like when Miou and Haruki talk and she yells at him, I believe there's a better way to have done it. But overall the episode was very good.
Aug 14, 2023 10:37 PM

Nov 2022
This was a nice episode. And what was that song name in the flashback, it really touched my heart.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

54 by makaylagirl »»
Jan 1, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

31 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 14, 2023 2:05 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

26 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

49 by Skelenone »»
Sep 3, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

89 by imlaabem »»
Sep 13, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.