Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 4, 2022 10:06 PM
Nov 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
DarkHomieC said:

Fate Grand Order

Azur Lane: has two different stories
I forgot about fate since there is so many of them.
And azur has a 6 on one lol

Azur lane one with a 6 is because it was created before the game actually had a story and the Slow Ahead is a wholesome mini series, Azur Lane is supposed to have another series that comes out at somepoint.
Nov 4, 2022 10:08 PM

Jul 2021
ReoNa's voice is heaven 🫶 I really like the color palette choice, and there are many unfamiliar faces (well since I haven't played the game yet) and some are showing their action sequences. A crown layer appeared out of the fucking blue but Mephisto appeared to save Doctor. Seems like Amiya and the rest of her comrades were able to save the heavily injured ones from some war aftermath. Mephisto is on Doctor's ass just because "They're different from the rest of us" and it's obvious he's going to be the main target nothing new here but mf Mephisto kept on repeating "Let's play a game" shenanigans but thankfully they screwed it up as there is a call for backup. Amiya is right! Security is a main priority and there seems to be a brief talk about the past and present too which is nice. The flaming CLIFFHANGER and is that a villain? I don't know but they seem to have a past with the comrades here. Btw I think Doctor's VA did a good job because from what I've noticed in forums that their gender is neutral (Because they're the players apparently) and the VA did a good job having that voice tone. Arknight ED titled "Be me" composed by Doul and URU. Such a beautiful of a song and the visual has an interesting transformation that juxtaposes solitary and perseverance through the footstep imagery. Gonna cry my ass off if one of the comrades dies here.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 4, 2022 10:24 PM
Oct 2021
sleepinoldei said:
Secret333 said:
[cut]
And Talulah melting buildings like that makes me worried that they overdone it. Showing her be this strong is going to be hard to come back from.

Come on. Did you forget about her boss fight on chapter 9? Aside from
If the stage could take damage, the whole field would've been in ruins after that encounter.

I didn't. I'm saying this because *Big spoilers ahead*
Nov 4, 2022 10:31 PM

Aug 2016
Oh my god they nailed the Reunion characters' voices perfectly, and I'm really looking forward for their more iconic scenes. Especially Mephisto, maybe he'll get less pure hate but more "I sympathize with you but also i hate you" kind of hate. XD I can see the VA doing a killer performance on his future scenes, hell, I can kind of already imagine it. But I'm sure they won't get to that point in this season.

OP and ED are straight up bangers, and the visuals looks gorgeous; as expected from the Music Company. They don't disappoint when it come to music both in game and in anime.

And YES, the RADANT HORSE is finally here! I knew she was coming (for you, full speed ahead) but damn I couldn't stop my self from straight up cheering when she appeared.

Though I had some minor nitpicks here and there, few of the shots were bit too still and linger on for a second more than i would like them to. And there were few effects that kinda looked off like the shot where Talulah scorched the street. Also I would have liked to see some name RI operators like Rangers or Yato instead of the faceless guards and snipers, or at least give them names and turn them into proper characters.

Those aside I really loved this episode and really looking forward for the next one.
Nov 5, 2022 1:19 AM

Jun 2016
Kinda insane most the issues were addressed in one ep lol

Doctor is, unexpectedly, actually playing a role in the narrative. Explanations no longer feel like a text dump but proper clarifying world building. Character interactions feel natural and they no longer re-iterate the same info for the viewer. Mob solider has dialogue and personality, (albeit a bit of an unnatural exchange). Was also really impressive they were able to keep Mephisto's scene from becoming a cringefest.

Some weird stuff too, with the 2nd ep also starting with an awkwardly long 30s shot of a tv. Talulah appearance was also a bit... weird? Especially since the dialogue and voice acting actually sold the fear, but the events on screen weren't necessarily "fear-inspiring". Building collapsing from the bottom when the top side was scorched by fire, lol.

OP is straight up incredible though. Very happy W had a scene.

Personally wishing they add blood to the blu-ray, would really sell the world and darker themes a lot more.
Nov 5, 2022 1:53 AM

Feb 2021
I killed Mephisto with GG so the RNG was high, if it weren't for the RNG I'd be farming T3 mats by killing that fucker and Faust over and over again
Nov 5, 2022 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
Great improvement over the previous episode.

The previous EP spent far too much time setting up things making it rather boring. However that gave me some hope for the future since the anime took it's time to set things up properly. And now EP2 benefited from it greatly. We still had some explanations but the story flow became much smoother.

And now I'm really looking forward to third episode where all the set up is complete and it's time for full actions.
Nov 5, 2022 3:06 AM
Apr 2021
I like this animation because the graphics are the best
Nov 5, 2022 3:11 AM
Dec 2016
On my first watch of the 2nd episode I turned my brain of to try to watch in on the perspective of a non-player perspective and felt like the episode was uneventful, then on my second watch through having my mind turned on it becomes a very different experience. There's definitely a huge gap for the quality of this adaptation between someone who knows the story and someone who doesn't, there's a lot of things you'll appreciate that new watchers wouldn't understand.

Nov 5, 2022 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
Just a bit of a heads up but the actual translation here should be living beings not human beings because there are no humans in TERRA..

the only one who is the closest to human is Us the DOKTAH.. but even that is just speculation...

Anyways.. Great to see NTR knight.. she is just as strong as in the game.. Probably the 2nd strongest Operator besides Ace.. in the team right now..
anime may not get to that part but Faust arrows are no fucking joke..

KAL'STIT IN THE ED!
we better get some screen time of her..
Nov 5, 2022 4:03 AM

Mar 2010
UkRs said:
Just a bit of a heads up but the actual translation here should be living beings not human beings because there are no humans in TERRA..

Not really, no. There are no humans like us in the universe, so people in game refer to themselves as humans/humanity despite the animal traits, it's just the normal thing to them.

Nov 5, 2022 4:36 AM
Nov 2022
I know that
, but it just feels like for how much the normal Rhodes operators seem to be outclassed by the elite Reunion troops under each of the bosses, there are surprisingly few casualties on the Rhodes side, just a few wounds here and there. tbh I was expecting to see some charred corpses of the normal operators in the last few shots, but it was just burning rubble.
Nov 5, 2022 5:25 AM
Mar 2018
Another incredible episode!! We get to see Mephisto, the asshole. Faust looks younger than I thought he'd look. Nearl is soo fucking cool!!

The Op and Ed themes were soo good. They never disappoint when it comes to the music!!
Nov 5, 2022 5:30 AM
Dec 2017
The visuals and art quality is pretty high, which is nice, but I think the pacing is too slow, especially considering how much story is in the game. Also the focus on Amiya, and her fangirling (who is irritating and a pretty bad character for most of the game) and the doctor, who is us, so doesn't have any personality in the game, is not the best approach in my opinion, because their interactions are uninteresting, and feels forced. Moreover, I really feel, that with the pacing, focus, and approach you can only enjoy this if you already played the game, which will not help attract new fans to the game, or enough viewers to the show to make it profitable, and that will hurt the prospect of getting enough season to cover the whole story, even though it is pretty good, and I would like to see it adapted with the great music and visuals.
Nov 5, 2022 6:08 AM
Jan 2021
it was too dialogue heavy
Nov 5, 2022 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
It's Nearl time! I so love Nearl. Looks like Chernoborg arc will be completed next week and the will be painfull.

OP and ED are both great, Arknights really never disappoints with their music.

This episode reminds me how a little b*tch Mephisto is, he really annoys me in the game and now on this anime adaptation. Prop to his VA for doing a great job. Too bad we won't be seeing the events in Lungmen on this adaptation, he really pulled a lot of BS there until

Nov 5, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
Perhaps it's because Mephisto is only introduced this episode he sounds and acts very edgy to me. Hope there's more to his character than just kill and tarnish. That fire animation looks so rough to watch lol.

Moving on to more positive notes, the opening is amazing both the visual and song. The new character Talulah's entrance is fucking great. For someone that can wrack havoc and engulf a whole sector in flame, she sounds so cold which is a contrast I really like.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 5, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2008
Like a lot of others have voiced, I felt Mephisto weakened the story. That sort of eeeevil not only existing but holding a command position seems to contradict the serious air. From what we know so far, Reunion is justified in their motivation if not their methods, but we lose that gray when that sort of character represents it. I haven't played the game, though. Maybe oripathy also causes insanity in some cases? That could explain the psycho faction and make Rhodes Island even more of an idealistic cause rather than the obvious right.
Nov 5, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 2019
They just can't catch a break...

Really intriguing to see where the plot is going.
Nov 5, 2022 9:43 AM
Oct 2020
BRO THE OP AND EP IS FIRE THIS SHOW IS LIT
Nov 5, 2022 10:11 AM
Jun 2020
They did Mephisto so damn well. Voice actor went hard and his scenes were so fuckin cool. Only complaint so far is doctor sounds and his face look like a kid. I understand the reasoning behind the androgynous sound and cause he's the player insert but could they at least have made him adult like while doing it. Or is doctor not an adult in the canon and I just missed that cause from the outside he's way too tall to be a kid.
Nov 5, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2020
Secret333 said:
Gotta say I don't like how incompetent Amiya's team is. They lost the doctor to Crownslayer and then almost lost to Mephisto. That entire sequence felt very one-sided, which is a little bit different to the game where they felt more like they were putting up a fight. Now we're pretty much running away, getting shot in the back and pretty much losing. Not saying this should 100% follow the game, I'd love for it to improve everything. But that scene just ended up making the Doctor evacuation team look like a joke instead of the experienced fighters they're supposed to be.

And Talulah melting buildings like that makes me worried that they overdone it. Showing her be this strong is going to be hard to come back from.

Dude she's like the one of the hardest bosses in game so far, Talulah is hella op. I understand the worries behind them hyping up her power so much and if they need her later it's gonna be stupid but it's only the second episode so far. I agree with the team part though other than Nearl the rest haven't really done anything
Nov 5, 2022 11:30 AM
Dec 2017
Bio said:
Like a lot of others have voiced, I felt Mephisto weakened the story. That sort of eeeevil not only existing but holding a command position seems to contradict the serious air. From what we know so far, Reunion is justified in their motivation if not their methods, but we lose that gray when that sort of character represents it. I haven't played the game, though. Maybe oripathy also causes insanity in some cases? That could explain the psycho faction and make Rhodes Island even more of an idealistic cause rather than the obvious right.

Yeah, he is probably the worst antagonist in the game as well, basically everybody else has an understandable reason, or some bad circumstances, that forced them into that antagonistic situation. I wish they had just deleted him and Faust from the story, because they don't really add anything, they are a waste of screentime, and could alienate viewers who didn't play the game, and don't know, that the other characters are far better done.
Nov 5, 2022 12:18 PM

Nov 2009
Talulah as OP as ever... she's suppose to be one of the strongest Fire Art user that isn't of Mystical origin.

Also, Doctor using a "phone" to command, LOL.

(BTW, the "Friendly Drones" are the "eyes of priestess" from in-game to view the map, but you don't get enemy info til after you play the map as to "investigate" the enemies with the "Friendly Drones")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 5, 2022 12:25 PM

Mar 2010
fenrirr2 said:
Bio said:

Yeah, he is probably the worst antagonist in the game as well, basically everybody else has an understandable reason, or some bad circumstances, that forced them into that antagonistic situation. I wish they had just deleted him and Faust from the story, because they don't really add anything, they are a waste of screentime, and could alienate viewers who didn't play the game, and don't know, that the other characters are far better done.

I'm not sure if you actually read the story in game.

Nov 5, 2022 12:44 PM
Feb 2019
Yeah... As I wrote previously... Episode 1 was just the beggining and now 2nd episode is showing true colours. In my opinion this episode was great. Incredible visuals, Great VA and loyal adaptation of Visual Novel. I loved it and can't wait for more!
Nov 5, 2022 1:22 PM

May 2021
This is so weird to me. I love the premise and world building to a degree. But at the same time too many things are happening and too many characters introduced in just two episodes. All of this is sort of fine since they have limited time to develop a story.

However, some cliches and tropes are so painfully stupid it drops quality significantly. Why does everything, for example, have to be black and white. There always has to be someone borderline mad enjoying death and destruction. Here are cat-loving-everyone-saving people going against death loving lunatics who want chaos and death. Supposed enemies are doing this to liberate themselves from mistreatment and discrimination but at the same time their own leaders treat them worse than what they are trying to free themselves from. It makes no sense. Conflict can be had in many different ways without two sides of which one is ultimate good and other ultimate bad.

Sure, world needs to be explained but why would doctor remember how to talk or control drones but forget everything else about the world. People are not stupid and they could have shown these things without explaining them or just casually mention them along the way. Like when that dude healed main girl, who is a leader but lacks ability to think, instead of going "here's this thing that works like this" but instead of just mentioning it along the way "ah, so happy we have someone who can utilize these crystals for healing right now". It would make it so much better.

I guess premise is good enough for the time being and world building is interesting enough to give me desire to watch few more episodes. Add to that whole autumn lineup is downright garbage with few notable exceptions.
Nov 5, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2022
I love this Arkinght
Nov 5, 2022 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
Inorichi said:
Personally wishing they add blood to the blu-ray, would really sell the world and darker themes a lot more.

But there was blood though? Every time the Ursus guards were stroke by a Reunion mob, you could see the blood. Also when Crownslayer sliced that Ursus guard's throat, you could see blood flowing out on the ground under his dead body. Not sure if the version you are watching is censoring the blood but I don't get why people say there's no blood when there clearly is? lol

I personally really liked the introduction for Talulah. I think they did a good job portraying the intensity and fear the characters felt. Especially in their expression. You don't see Nearl losing her composure like in game. Woman literally burning through an entire apartment and destroying the whole street seems pretty terrifying to me (I liked the bird view to show the degree of the damage caused).

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Nov 5, 2022 5:08 PM

Apr 2016
I like this so far, seeing Nearl introduces herself gives me goosebumps. Also I really like the entire atmosphere of the show.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Nov 5, 2022 5:18 PM
Dec 2017
null said:
fenrirr2 said:

I obviously read the story, and it was a shit characterization. There is no saving grace in Mephisto, and no understandable reason, he turned out that twisted, suffering is not an excuse, and the fact they were trying to make me feel for him was appalling. Yes, Faust had it rough, and his life was a tragedy, but their story is intertwined, that's why I said they should have just removed both of them because Mephisto drags the whole thing down. Ofc you can have a different opinion, but you can see from the comments, that you are probably in the minority here with that.
Nov 5, 2022 5:23 PM
Dec 2017
MeanEYE said:
This is so weird to me. I love the premise and world building to a degree. But at the same time too many things are happening and too many characters introduced in just two episodes. All of this is sort of fine since they have limited time to develop a story.

However, some cliches and tropes are so painfully stupid it drops quality significantly. Why does everything, for example, have to be black and white. There always has to be someone borderline mad enjoying death and destruction. Here are cat-loving-everyone-saving people going against death loving lunatics who want chaos and death. Supposed enemies are doing this to liberate themselves from mistreatment and discrimination but at the same time their own leaders treat them worse than what they are trying to free themselves from. It makes no sense. Conflict can be had in many different ways without two sides of which one is ultimate good and other ultimate bad.

Sure, world needs to be explained but why would doctor remember how to talk or control drones but forget everything else about the world. People are not stupid and they could have shown these things without explaining them or just casually mention them along the way. Like when that dude healed main girl, who is a leader but lacks ability to think, instead of going "here's this thing that works like this" but instead of just mentioning it along the way "ah, so happy we have someone who can utilize these crystals for healing right now". It would make it so much better.

I guess premise is good enough for the time being and world building is interesting enough to give me desire to watch few more episodes. Add to that whole autumn lineup is downright garbage with few notable exceptions.

Except for Mephisto, nobody is really black and white in arknights, though it can seem that way early on, and obviously it will depend on the adaptation how well this will be translated into anime, and on how much will they cover considering the huge amount of characters and story. But there will be pretty great antagonists, who aren't cruel or evil at all, though the whole bunch of them is misled or gave up on proper life, due to the world around them. Talulah is pretty great for example, but I won't spoil anything about her, even though her whole story probably won't be fully covered unless we will get multiple seasons.
Nov 5, 2022 5:37 PM

Apr 2013
A lot of the positives from the first episode are still present, but I am a little off-put by how much exposition they tried to cram into one episode. It did seem to be excessive from the perspective of somebody who played the game. The Mephisto encounter wasn't great, but given what they had to work with it could have been much worse so props to them for that. I'm really hoping that they wrap up the heavy exposition dumping by the end of episode 3.
Nov 5, 2022 5:39 PM

May 2021
fenrirr2 said:
MeanEYE said:

Except for Mephisto, nobody is really black and white in arknights, though it can seem that way early on, and obviously it will depend on the adaptation how well this will be translated into anime, and on how much will they cover considering the huge amount of characters and story. But there will be pretty great antagonists, who aren't cruel or evil at all, though the whole bunch of them is misled or gave up on proper life, due to the world around them. Talulah is pretty great for example, but I won't spoil anything about her, even though her whole story probably won't be fully covered unless we will get multiple seasons.

Am suspecting each one of those characters has a proper story which is not all that simple which is part of the reason why I'll keep watching. These initial episodes were just there to rile us up. That much I get. We'll see, I hope characters get ironed up a bit more as story does seem to have nice potential and first two episodes were enjoyable to watch which can't be said for majority of anime. Few minor things I notice didn't spoil it enough for me to enjoy so far. Things don't have to be perfect to be fun. It's just annoying how some things could have been made so much better with literally no effort needed.

Oh well. Thanks for the heads up. Am actually looking forward to next episode.
Nov 5, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
Felt like drinking lukewarm tea. The taste is there, but it most definitely is not that pleasant an experience.

Besides some infodump about the source of their powers and of the illness itself (which is appreciated, although a bit forced), we are kinda stuck where we were the previous episode, trying to run away from this town before it's too late. Only, now some big shots have noticed us which is the source for some more action... not that we see much of that either! Some seem to have been introduced just as a token to remind the fans of the game they were not forgotten (fog girl, sniper dude) since the are just "there". Mephisto is another boring generic tropey enemy and maybe the worst of its kind (but at least noticeable enough for me to actually remember his name) and our Rhodes Island team keeps looking like a bunch of incompetents that only get stuff done when Doctor wakes up or when they are saved by random reinforcements.
World isn't particularly expanded upon, besides having them reiterate more about how bleak the situation is for everyone. Some information control shown on tv but it's kinda hard to really care since we haven't been given any proper context about where we are in the big picture (as in, the whole political situation is just fog that is hopefully cleared as we move along).
The arrival of Talulah felt really flat to me since it's just another character introduced as fast as possible. Sure everyone is scared of her but I don't particularly feel any reason to be myself. Pacing is all over the place to be honest and it's just either a problem from the source material or the fact they are trying to cram too much stuff into a single episode. I think it would work much better if it was much, much slower.

Have very little hope on this show to be honest, but we'll see.
Nov 5, 2022 8:23 PM
Sep 2017
Ukyo9 said:
Some information control shown on tv but it's kinda hard to really care since we haven't been given any proper context about where we are in the big picture (as in, the whole political situation is just fog that is hopefully cleared as we move along).

Viewers of the anime know as much or more than players of the game up to this point, as this adaptation is a great improvement over the source. The problem is that this is not only a game adaptation but the adaptation of a gacha game whose source material expects you to stay around and slowly learn about the intricacies of the world as new content is added. As a player you would probably get through the material for over half of the season in just a few hours of the first day, thus feeling more complete. Personally I wasn't to moved when I initially read the story but going into this knowing where things are headed and the little hints being dropped it is a treat to watch.

Regarding Mephisto/bosses, being from the first chapter of a gacha game the bosses are very tropey until the writers eventually decided where they wanted to go with them. For source readers that took awhile but the anime has already laid the groundwork for them better than the source.

TLDR; Most of the issues raised are an issue with the early source material which the anime adaptation is trying to correct while not going for a total rewrite.
Nov 5, 2022 8:32 PM
Nov 2022
Re-watched the episode on Nicovid with the comments, and yeah I have to agree that Mephisto is really cliché as nuts and talks too damn much...
Nov 5, 2022 9:06 PM
Oct 2022
MeanEYE said:

There always has to be someone borderline mad enjoying death and destruction.

Explained later probably in s2 or s3. Their attitude will make a lot of sense.

MeanEYE said:

Supposed enemies are doing this to liberate themselves from mistreatment and discrimination but at the same time their own leaders treat them worse than what they are trying to free themselves from. It makes no sense. Conflict can be had in many different ways without two sides of which one is ultimate good and other ultimate bad.

Explained later s3. Plot spoiler.

MeanEYE said:

Sure, world needs to be explained but why would doctor remember how to talk or control drones but forget everything else about the world.

You know that people who suffer from amnesia still know how to talk or do any basic function that is the Doctor's case where commanding is second nature to him. The amnesia is going to be explained + Plot convenience. Episode 1 is already pretty slow enough. You don't want them to show you how to play a gacha game, right?

The thing about Arknights is that you just need to give it time and everything will explain itself.
XcerftNov 5, 2022 9:54 PM
Nov 5, 2022 10:22 PM
Apr 2014
I gotta drop my previous tentative score of a 6-7, has flaws but I'm hopeful for what's to come, to a 5-6, where it's just okay. In episode 1, combat was mostly against small squads of grunts, and the primary goal was escaping with the Doctor, nothing large scale so I understand it not being very standout, they were just grunts. This time though, we ran into multiple squad leaders and the combat really starts to show its weakness. Crownslayer's segment with the fog was actually pretty good, and since she's a stealth type I understand that segment going the way it did, that's fine. The issues began when Mephisto, and then Nearl showed up.

I understand them not attacking Mephisto at first, initially because the Doctor was too close to him and they don't know what his Arts are, and then later because they don't want to risk actually messing things up if he's seriously letting them go. Beyond that though he was absolutely in pot shot range and even if you don't know what his Arts are, once he's that close and established he's a threat either you want to get rid of him, or you can't because of his abilities in which case you're screwed, but they didn't even make the attempt so they don't even know if his arts are offensive or not, and even if they infer that they aren't offensive arts, or that he may not even have arts (though that fancy ass cane/staff should be enough of a clue that he has arts of some sort) because he didn't attack, they still should've killed/incapacitated him as an enemy squad leader. I actually don't have a problem with Mephisto's attack being just a small squad attacking, a significant portion of the group was injured so an armed well commanded squad of reunion regulars was indeed a real threat. If anything the fact that a small squad is messing them up lends credence to Mephisto being a threat and the Rhodes Island group being in dire straits.

The problem is when Nearl shows up. So Doc and Amiya have split off with the wounded to try and exit the park, they're about at the entrance when they get attacked by Reunion soldiers, not just one but multiple, walking up slowly looking down at the squad, one of them raises their blade over their head ready to strike an executioner's blow at Doc, until they get sent flying by Nearl, who's standing there with her whole squad.

These guys just walked up all confident, and somehow did not realize a squad of what 20? 40? people just walked up close enough to smack them in the face. Additionally there's evidently a clear line of sight to the entrance of the park so if nothing else, Mephisto should've noticed them approaching visually, they're in a park with a iron bar fence, there's nothing obstructing their view that would prevent them from noticing Nearl's squad walking up. Additionally they get sent flying by Nearl. Just Nearl. Now she's totally capable of this yes but she walked up with 20-40 other people and they all stand back and do nothing, you think some of them would move forward even just to help the wounded and get people to their feet, if not to deal with the grunts since Nearl can handle them. But that'd be okay if they showed the impact of Nearl's blows, yet despite them being sent flying it kinda feels like they're ragdolling since they don't even do anything to attack, defend, or evade, they just get hit. Ofc from the game I know Nearl would absolutely wreck their faces without them being able to do anything, but in the anime we know nothing about her and giving her ragdolls to smack around doesn't look impressive. Then she walks up and has her mace(?) inches from Mephisto's face, but wasn't Mephisto multiple yards away? Like at least 20 yards.

There's another complaint I have but I can't go into it without spoilers, for now I'll just say Ace simply slamming a grunt with his shield doesn't look very impressive, we know from how Amiya addresses him and the fact that he's a leader of a squad that he's a trusted individual. I think there's a general problem of hits in the anime not coming across as very impactful.

Here's a PV involving Nearl that shows her in combat btw, it's completely unrelated to the main story and thus the story of the anime, and it occurs prior to an event not in the event so it doesn't spoil the event story either if you intend to play the game:

That's just a cool animation (so I KNOW they can do solid combat),but going from game descriptions it's an accurate depiction of her strength (except for the big ass explosions that were def used for transitions). As an almost day 1 player I love the game and it's nice to see a story I like get animated but purely as an anime I have to acknowledge that it's kinda lacking, I know the first arc of the game was the worst but it still hurts to see. If season 1 is JUST going to be chapter 0 we're gonna be in for LONG wait before anything gets good, much like how players had to wait for anything to get good lmao. If anything what kept me with the game was side stories and character vignettes and lore but we won't have any of that here and I'm being very much reminded of the weakness of AK early main game.
strivingotakuNov 5, 2022 10:35 PM
Nov 5, 2022 10:38 PM
Apr 2014
null said:
fenrirr2 said:

We don't see this until multiple chapters later in game though, which means in the anime we won't see it at all, at least not for multiple seasons. The anime has to be judged on its own merits. I'll refrain from commenting further on the game since I want to avoid (further) spoilers as much as possible, it'd be a really long tangent even if I went into it, and it's off topic given the title of this thread.
strivingotakuNov 5, 2022 10:45 PM
Nov 5, 2022 11:00 PM
Sep 2017
strivingotaku said:
But that'd be okay if they showed the impact of Nearl's blows, yet despite them being sent flying it kinda feels like they're ragdolling since they don't even do anything to attack, defend, or evade, they just get hit.

It sounds like you play the game so I'll leave this to you as to why
Nov 5, 2022 11:58 PM

May 2021
Xcerft said:
The amnesia is going to be explained + Plot convenience.

Oh how I wish quoting someone's answer didn't just show spoilers in it. Oh well, they aren't big spoilers anyway. Anyway, in terms of what you said that "plot convenience" part is what irks me. But it's not too bad. Pacing is a big off but am willing to ignore that one since it's anime based around a game. Overall I am liking the show and will keep watching it, just thought they could have done things a bit differently.
Nov 6, 2022 1:12 AM

May 2015
Damn, fire chick is hot!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! The OP by ReoNa was so great! it was emotionally badass!
5/5.

Nov 6, 2022 6:02 AM
Jun 2020
they slayed hard #SLAYEVERYDAY anyways time to do my annihilation farming <3 thanks talulah
Nov 6, 2022 9:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If only the situation was as contained as the newsreader reported though. Reona's new song was perfect as the opening. From the visuals looks like we'll be seeing quite a lot of the team and a lot of action too which is nice. Dispersing the enemy while launching a simultaneous assault was pretty crafty of the foe. Still they were lucky in that the enemy commanders don't seem to see eye to eye. Ayaneru charging in to save the day lol how fitting for her. Its funny though that the kid commander things its Amiya's team's fault for surviving. In the end the clinic's refusal to help Rhode island turned out to be the worst call they could have made. Amiya though seems to be the type that tries to take all the responsibility herself. Still thats one hell of a cost for using arts though. Running into one of the enemies elites this close to their goal though really was unlucky.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2022 11:55 AM

Jun 2016
iSupercell said:
Inorichi said:

But there was blood though? Every time the Ursus guards were stroke by a Reunion mob, you could see the blood. Also when Crownslayer sliced that Ursus guard's throat, you could see blood flowing out on the ground under his dead body. Not sure if the version you are watching is censoring the blood but I don't get why people say there's no blood when there clearly is? lol

I personally really liked the introduction for Talulah. I think they did a good job portraying the intensity and fear the characters felt. Especially in their expression. You don't see Nearl losing her composure like in game. Woman literally burning through an entire apartment and destroying the whole street seems pretty terrifying to me (I liked the bird view to show the degree of the damage caused).

Ah, I didn't actually notice that lol. Good catch, correction: more blood or maybe clothing damage then?

I had the Mephisto encounter in mind since everyone just ragdolled after getting hit by arts. Looked more like they were hit by a bowling ball than 'magic', but the sound effects and visual effects gave it an electric/laser like look.

And Amiya being healed through her clothes. I genuinely thought there was supposed to be some blood seeping through and it was removed for TV broadcasting lol.
Nov 6, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2010
Inorichi said:

Ah, I didn't actually notice that lol. Good catch, correction: more blood or maybe clothing damage then?

I had the Mephisto encounter in mind since everyone just ragdolled after getting hit by arts. Looked more like they were hit by a bowling ball than 'magic', but the sound effects and visual effects gave it an electric/laser like look.

And Amiya being healed through her clothes. I genuinely thought there was supposed to be some blood seeping through and it was removed for TV broadcasting lol.

There's also the shot with the wounded medic and co. in visibly bloodied bandages.
Anime series can get pretty ridiculous with blood loss because it looks cool, I like that they're toning it down to more sane levels here
nullNov 6, 2022 1:20 PM

Nov 6, 2022 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
It's a little bit better than previous ep but that Mephisto fucker is so annoying
Nov 7, 2022 2:40 AM

Jan 2015
Seeing Mephisto lose his temper and get Faust to shoot Nearl was pretty cool. Loved the effects of the purple bolt. It brought me back into the game for a second haha.

I thought Talulah's introduction in the VN was a bit more badass (Nearl's "everything around her is melting" line instantly made her my waifu), but it did sort of get cut in half, so I guess I'll see how it goes next episode. Though in particular that quick shot of Dobermann making a run for it was really well done.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Non Arknights players?

_Aokii - Oct 29, 2022

23 by Nimo127 »»
May 27, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.