Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 14, 9:32 PM
Feb 2021
Ameenzaruba10 said:
That confession from Sakayanagi really hits different and Ayanokoji really startled over that handshake from Sakayanagi which feels very nice!

Felt kinda sad that they sabotaged Ayanokoji just to let him get kick out from school even though he has protection point to escape from it. This is why I never trust a game that is judged digitally. Everything can be manipulated just to make sure that the other side gets to be the winner.

Overall, quite an interesting episode especially when we see Koenji answering the question without even looking at the screen 🤣 He’s a chad for reason!

so the protection point is what saves him from been kicked out after losing to A class?
(losing isnt the right term because my guy got ripped off his KO move but u know what i mean)
Mar 15, 1:24 AM
Jun 2020
The white room is still so mysterious. At least reveal something at this point.
Mar 15, 1:31 AM
Dec 2022
So is Ayanakoji a born genius or nurtured through condition? Sakuragi seems to think that Ayanakoji is a product of the white room but maybe not. Is she smitten by him all those years before? More questions than answer. So what happened after each class has gone through the special exam? Guess we'll find out soon.
Mar 15, 3:19 AM
Aug 2023
Shinji_Kenshin said:
@Ugly11 you watched post ending right ?
i don't want to say match so not to spoil to anyone but i think she cares a lot and admires him
she also wants her dad to be proud sooo i don't know dude why you still hate her

@Shinji_Kenshin I did watch the post ending, that; plus all the things we learn about her and the 🐐’s past is really sweet. The fact that she is actually one of his very few real allies that knows what’s really going with him is quite touching.

Unfortunately though that is not how her character has been portrayed up to this point. She has been shown to be a typical mean girl. Someone who lies, manipulates, bullies, blackmails, backstabs all for her own personal gratification.

Yes there has been one or two times where she has done something for the greater good or benefit of someone else, but sorry that ain’t enough when you come off as such a horrible, selfish person. And it boggles the mind why she is so adored, I just don’t get it!
Mar 15, 3:48 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to Ugly11
Shinji_Kenshin said:
@Ugly11 you watched post ending right ?
i don't want to say match so not to spoil to anyone but i think she cares a lot and admires him
she also wants her dad to be proud sooo i don't know dude why you still hate her

@Shinji_Kenshin I did watch the post ending, that; plus all the things we learn about her and the 🐐’s past is really sweet. The fact that she is actually one of his very few real allies that knows what’s really going with him is quite touching.

Unfortunately though that is not how her character has been portrayed up to this point. She has been shown to be a typical mean girl. Someone who lies, manipulates, bullies, blackmails, backstabs all for her own personal gratification.

Yes there has been one or two times where she has done something for the greater good or benefit of someone else, but sorry that ain’t enough when you come off as such a horrible, selfish person. And it boggles the mind why she is so adored, I just don’t get it!
Ugly11 said:
has been one or two times where she has done something for the greater good or benefit of someone else, but sorry that ain’t enough when you come off as such a horrible, selfish person. And it boggles the

i get your point of view and i also agreed before to what you said however now that i see the whole picture there is some details that have been added that change our point of view of past events
yes i agree she done horrible shit and all but in one way that is what the anime about ( using intelligence to manipulate people)
i guess only the future will shed more light on whats gonna happen and then we can restart this conversation i guess
Mar 15, 7:03 AM
Aug 2023
I totally agree with that, us being shown the flashbacks of the White Room does frame certain scenes in a new light. When she was saying she wants to defeat the 🐐, what she really means is that she wants to take down the White Rooms’s practices.
I have no problems with the horrible shit she does to get ahead, like you said that’s what the anime is about. My conflict comes from people seeing how cutthroat she is and still trying to paint her as an angelic character, that’s insane!!
Maybe I’ll see Arisu how everyone else see her in the future but until then, it was a pleasant chat 🤝
Mar 15, 12:56 PM

Aug 2020
Another nice episode. I was interested to see how they would adapt the chess match. It had more details in the LN, but can't complain about the adaptation.

A respectful handshake in the end.

Mar 16, 1:24 PM

May 2018
That episode went really quickly, felt like it was 5 minutes.

it looks like Kiyotaka seems to be smiling lol

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 16, 6:57 PM
Nov 2016
Eff that principal. I read this before, but that made it even more unbearable to watch. I hate ''predetermined to lose'' boss fights.
Arisu was kinda cute there at the end, actually.
Mar 16, 7:03 PM
Oct 2020
Insane twist that it was unlikely that anyone will see coming upon first watch.
Mar 16, 11:47 PM
Sep 2020
I may be wrong, but... didn't Arisu just thrown something like an "I can fix him" vibe, lol
Mar 17, 5:57 AM
Sep 2021
Wow, what an episode, it helped me to understand & love more of arisu & Ayanokouji is the GOAT.
Mar 17, 12:08 PM
Jan 2022
awsome anime mindblowing
Mar 18, 8:21 AM
May 2019
Best episode of the season.

Final showdown was a bit rushed, but delivered quite well. The ever-present dagger that is outside affairs meddling in with Kiyotaka's school life is slowly being introduced more and more, which brings down his layer of invincibility and injects more stakes into the anime. It's also nice of him to take an official loss, in front of the public eye, for once, and we'll see how this will affect everyone going forward!
Mar 18, 12:32 PM

May 2015
When you have an epic chess match but everything was just a cheat.
Mar 18, 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
Really good episode. Arisu actually has a genuine connection with Anyankoji which is nice. I feel like they’d be a good romantic pair since they are about equals in intellect and she knows who he truly is.
Mar 20, 1:08 AM
Apr 2022
uh... ok... this episode is kinda anti-climax.
Mar 20, 9:46 PM

Apr 2019
Sorta thought this final exam would run a little longer, like it would've been sick if the enitre episode was just the chess match lol.

Anyways, I really liked the flashbacks of Ayanokoji and Sakayanagi's past. Makes a lot of sense why Sakayanagi was so focused on going up against Ayanokogi. Have also been really liking her character these last few episodes but this one really puts her up there.
Mar 21, 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
Da faq kinda ending was that lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 21, 4:19 PM

May 2016
3 seasons gone and still haven't a clue how that macho guy is working... He had his eyes closed the entire time as well.
Mar 24, 7:22 AM
Oct 2023
so we finally got the showdown between Sakayanagi and Ayanokoji and got to see some of Ayankojis and Sakayanagis backstory.It was pretty underwhelming to see Ayanokoji loose because of the acting chairman interfering though.
Mar 24, 11:50 AM

May 2021
The controversial chess part
I don’t really don’t care anyway
I think just running stockfish would’ve worked lol
Karva1Mar 24, 11:56 AM
Inhales oxygen
Mar 25, 1:49 PM
May 2021
Reply to Cross_MOON
@MyNameSans people who don't play chess or are not too good at it are also watching so I guess that's why the game wasn't "brilliant" in chess.com terms if you will
@Cross_MOON but like.. just pick a popular game of grandmasters then? No need to try if you don't know how to make an impressive chess game. If they just took a popular game in the chess history nothing would change for the avarage viewer but they'd make chess enthusiasts happy with the reference, while spending not much effort.
Mar 25, 3:23 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Disappointed with the chess game, but I should have expected something amateurish. Well, amateurish is a bit harsh, but honestly it felt like a game between two people that just kinda played chess, and not two apparently geniuses whose specialties were exactly that—chess. Like, the director couldn't have looked at some GM games? And the over-dramatic surprise when Sakayanagi plays literally the only move for that position at the end. I think it should have been quite apparent to everyone there that the move was something other than Ayanokoji's best judgement.
Mar 25, 5:48 PM
Apr 2021
This was by FAR the best episode of the season. Actually had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!
Mar 26, 5:54 AM
Mar 2019
So, the only way so far to beat Ayanokouji is to cheat. That doesn't bode well for everybody else.
Mar 26, 7:26 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to TheEdward07
@Cross_MOON but like.. just pick a popular game of grandmasters then? No need to try if you don't know how to make an impressive chess game. If they just took a popular game in the chess history nothing would change for the avarage viewer but they'd make chess enthusiasts happy with the reference, while spending not much effort.
@TheEdward07 we can't expect everyone to understand a grandmaster level game when they only show the board for a few seconds. I thought the same though, I'd have loved to see a classic magnus vs hikaru on there
Mar 26, 3:02 PM
May 2021
Reply to Cross_MOON
@TheEdward07 we can't expect everyone to understand a grandmaster level game when they only show the board for a few seconds. I thought the same though, I'd have loved to see a classic magnus vs hikaru on there
@Cross_MOON Noone needs to understand the chess game tho? Makes no diffrence to your understanding of the plot wheter you know any chess or not, its just an extra detail for people who know chess anyways so why not make it a nice extra detail.
Mar 28, 9:31 PM
Apr 2020
Just watched this episode and I was extremely impressed by the chess game in particular. I'm not the best chess player (around 2000 on chess.com), but finding those moves under time pressure is pretty impressive. Especially compared to what is typical of chess games in media (looking at you code geass), the game itself was interesting enough for me to pause and analyze the position. Although the first time they showed the whole board on dxe5 was kind of stupid since she immediately blundered afterward, the ending was fairly impressive in terms of a chess in media perspective. A lot of the time "good" chess games in media copy from actual games, but from what I can tell this is either a game someone came up with or came from a puzzle book of some sort, but I know damn well that I wouldn't find Qg5 under time pressure.
Mar 28, 9:37 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to germchang
Just watched this episode and I was extremely impressed by the chess game in particular. I'm not the best chess player (around 2000 on chess.com), but finding those moves under time pressure is pretty impressive. Especially compared to what is typical of chess games in media (looking at you code geass), the game itself was interesting enough for me to pause and analyze the position. Although the first time they showed the whole board on dxe5 was kind of stupid since she immediately blundered afterward, the ending was fairly impressive in terms of a chess in media perspective. A lot of the time "good" chess games in media copy from actual games, but from what I can tell this is either a game someone came up with or came from a puzzle book of some sort, but I know damn well that I wouldn't find Qg5 under time pressure.
@germchang I take that back, I was drunk when I wrote that and I had a moment of clarity💀 I probably would've found that, but I definitely didn't see the whole line from nxe7
Mar 28, 9:37 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to germchang
@germchang I take that back, I was drunk when I wrote that and I had a moment of clarity💀 I probably would've found that, but I definitely didn't see the whole line from nxe7
Mar 29, 6:02 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to TheEdward07
@Cross_MOON Noone needs to understand the chess game tho? Makes no diffrence to your understanding of the plot wheter you know any chess or not, its just an extra detail for people who know chess anyways so why not make it a nice extra detail.
@TheEdward07 it does tho, you understand how at the end it was one move away from checkmate if wrong move was played. people i watched with who didn't play chess much were able to grasp what was happening and made it more enjoyable
Apr 3, 2:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
an intense chess play, although how ended was a pity!
kekeke
Apr 14, 5:03 AM
Oct 2021
good ass episode. no complaints except for the early stills in the basketball game.
Apr 14, 8:14 AM

Jul 2022
Outstanding episode, enjoyed it the most so far
Apr 21, 5:49 AM
Apr 2024
I initial thoughts on Sakayanagi were wrong, and I'm glad. She's such an amazing character wth. I hope to see more of her non-serious sides with Ayanakoji.
May 14, 11:50 PM

Sep 2022
Kiyotaka'a move to QG5 wasn't great according to Stockfish I think. But if he did captured the queen as the chairman manipulated it to be then there was that Rook-Bishop checkmate which we saw. Maybe QG5 did prevent him get checkmated and win the game, not sure. Welcome to any thoughts of you guys.
Jun 10, 8:30 PM

Dec 2022
Some interesting views into Ayanokouji and Arisu's backstory here. The brief juxtaposition between their respective environments and upbringing even justifies their present mentalities, in some ways. Noticed that, although they share a similar level of resolution, intellect and confidence, Arisu is just ever so slightly more emotive when it comes to expressing herself, whereas I suspect Ayanokouji's emotions were sufficiently sterilised by the controlled institution he was conditioned by.

This season is really impressing so far, especially compared to the last two.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 11, 4:25 AM
Aug 2022
sakayanagi she so chill now that ayanokouji beat her in a chess match.
**love interest number 4 has joins the battle.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

214 by Alex_TheForest »»
Jun 14, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

100 by Alex_TheForest »»
Jun 14, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

192 by gmfddatsh »»
Jun 13, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

116 by adbeaver »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7

105 by adbeaver »»
Jun 11, 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.