Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 4, 2023 5:44 PM
Jun 2022
Xenocrisi said:
Who would have thought that Mitsuri was the actual MVP for those two seconds in which she appeared in an episode titled after another character.

Most disappointing episode of the season so far for me. They really did Muichiro dirty, at least he was pretty funny this episode not gonna lie. Gyokko was as easily provocated as he died. Man, I was hoping they would extend the fight from the manga, but somehow it was as bad. Animation was also very lackluster. Guess we got the best Muichiro sequence from the last few minutes of the last episode. Truly didn’t live up to the hype.

Pretty bad episode.
Forgetting that, we’re back to the main fight. I’m just here for the final episode directed by Shirai.
Mitsuri please, for the love of god, save this season.

why would they extend the fight that was purposely short to portray how strong muichiro is?? and just because the animation was what all the hype was making it out to seem doesnt mean it was bad, there really wasnt anything very poorly done
Jun 4, 2023 5:46 PM
Jun 2022
Adnash said:
Khalifla said:
That was the worst hashira fight in demon slayer for me!
In which way? Fighting choreography, direction, dialogue between two fighters?

But yeah, even though Gyokko's final form looked sick in how crazy his movements were, I think this fight can be a serious contender to be the worst so far from all fights where any Pillar was involved.
you guys do understand that just because a fight was quick doesnt mean it was bad right?
Jun 4, 2023 5:54 PM
Jan 2023
And that's another Upper-Rank Demon taken out! 😁
Jun 4, 2023 6:00 PM
Dec 2019
Muichiro beat an Upper moon but he tired so he can't help but at least there Mitsuri to take care of the other one.
Jun 4, 2023 6:01 PM

Mar 2021
Good episode, but not a good upper moon fight. Looks like a generic demon.
Jun 4, 2023 6:09 PM

Jul 2017
Tokito's slander against Gyokko begins, and for all the time, the Upper Rank 5 hasn't been revealing his real form, and even that is unsurprising at the very least. Learning from the past, Yuuichiro may not be saved, but Tokito did to train his body to prepare for the one moment of eliminate off the demons, starting with Gyokko, decapitating him in the least expected of situations. That's what makes him the Mist Hashira: calmness under pressure, being unshakable. But still, Tokito is affected by Gyokko's fish poison, and Kotetsu is actually fine from the attack that Kanamori is overly worried with.

Back to the fight against the Upper Rank 4, and Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya find themselves in the death predicament, with Mitsuri coming in clutch for her moment to shine.

Tokito is just as impressive as the other Hashiras, now it's Mitsuri's turn to prove herself.
Jun 4, 2023 6:13 PM
May 2014
Its taken 9 episodes but Kanroji finally arrives at the scene after killing some lackluster demons for 10 seconds.
Jun 4, 2023 6:15 PM

Dec 2016
Now lets see if episode 10 is going to be the equivalent of latest season episode 10, or if they will save the sakuga for the last episode
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Yo! Mitsuri's technique and moves are based on ballet and rhythmic gymnastics. That's so cool!

But yeah... other than that, pretty average episode overall. Really disappointed with the amount of pauses the Muichirou-Gyokko fight had.
Jun 4, 2023 7:05 PM
Feb 2022
Lol still as mid as you can get

Second season too was like this.

Now we will get sakuga fest fir final 2 episodes where ufotable will surpass it's limits.

But still I will never prefer to watch 9-10 episodes worth pile of garbage for reaching to this point.
Jun 4, 2023 7:06 PM

Oct 2019
Quite a fun and exciting episode. One Upper Rank demon down, one more to go 😊
Jun 4, 2023 7:53 PM
Nov 2021
Thought it was good, although Muichiro’s win felt kinda underwhelming.
Jun 4, 2023 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
Khalifla said:
comon we can't discuss that the fight is bad bcz of Fighting choreography, direction it's ufotable bro, just in general upper 5 felt too weak but either muichiro didn't seem like  too op for me, and that made me a little bit angry bcz rengoku and uzui fights was too intense comparing to this. Alse we got also full episode of muichiro flashback but just 10 minutes to finish an upper rank fight
Ah, I see. To me the biggest issue with this fight was the direction. It felt chaotic, even though the choreography itself was done well (which is not easy for a fast paced action sequence intertwined with breaks for characters roasting themselves).

Kymazaki said:
Adnash said:
In which way? Fighting choreography, direction, dialogue between two fighters?

But yeah, even though Gyokko's final form looked sick in how crazy his movements were, I think this fight can be a serious contender to be the worst so far from all fights where any Pillar was involved.
you guys do understand that just because a fight was quick doesnt mean it was bad right?
Why did you quote me when I didn't even mention fast paced action as a con? ;p
Jun 4, 2023 8:33 PM
Nov 2019
Tokito with one the funniest troll faces I've seen. I do like how Rengoku continues to have an impact of some sort even after all this time.
Jun 4, 2023 8:40 PM
Nov 2016
Goddamn, the Mist Hashira and the dumb baby hands face Upper-Moon are boring as hell so I'm glad that shit is over, the episode wasn't that bad but that fight was boring, I could not even feel that sense of urgency in defeating that Upper-Moon like the previous seasons/movie, there was no sense of urgency in that boring fight at all so I'm glad that shit is over, the animation was good on that fight for sure but it wasn't special either, Demon Slayer has done way better than this in the previous seasons/movie, and once that shit was over, I got the shit I hate the most about this anime, that fucking COMEDY which I hate, goddamn, I was cringing in that shit too for fucks sake!

I'm glad that shit was over so we can move on to the main event, finally, the Love Hashira is finally here and she entered the fight like a BOSS, she's probably the saving grace of this meh season, Ufotable will probably go crazy with the animation on the remaining episodes now and save this shit show of a season with her.

The season is meh, this episode was okay-ish, it had good moments, so-so moments, and shit moments so meh, it's a 3/5 episode but I'm glad the previous boring shit is over and we are going to the main dish now, I'm counting on you Love Hashira, it's your job to save this season and I know you can do it. And finally, I'm already feeling the sense of urgency in this last fight.
Jun 4, 2023 8:43 PM
Aug 2021
This episodes action was so incredibly disappointing l. When gyokko started using his scales they could had him and muchiro go off like tengen and gyutaro did. With the director saying animation would be the best yet this season my hopes have been high but let down so far.
Jun 4, 2023 8:46 PM
Jul 2012
doomstriker8 said:
It’s sad how pathetic and cringy people are. Guess it’s too much for people to understand that not every fight has the hero as the underdog where it’s this long grueling fight. Muichiro straight up outclassed Upper 5 once the handicaps were gone and went to business. That’s one of the top 3 there people. MVP Muichiro for this season.
People get the wrong idea because both Tengen and Rengoku got bodied by their respective Upper Moon fights, so they expect everyone to do equally badly. The fact, however, is that Muichiro is strictly stronger than Tengen (thus the easier fight) and Rengoku fought a MUCH stronger opponent than either Hashira.
Jun 4, 2023 9:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, we get to move forward a little bit. While flashbacks can be very effective with filling out backstory, motivations, and adding weight to a story; having too many can make it feel like no progress is being made in the main story. Seeing Muichiro finally decapitate arguably the most annoying demon so far was satisfying. I do find it funny that the battle was just them flinging insults at each other for a time.

Loved the fact that the blade hilt guard saved the kid's life. Such a great way to honor the legacy of Rengoku, while also showing Muichiro that he can count on others, like Tanjiro.
Jun 4, 2023 9:13 PM
Oct 2020
Inside121 said:
MaN tHiS ePiSoDe WaS sO sHiT, ShIt SeAsOn, iM dRoPpInG tHiS
drop it who the fuck care about it lol
anyway you should blame manga because author wasted UM5 character
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 PM

Mar 2021
Xenocrisi said:
Who would have thought that Mitsuri was the actual MVP for those two seconds in which she appeared in an episode titled after another character.

Most disappointing episode of the season so far for me. They really did Muichiro dirty, at least he was pretty funny this episode not gonna lie. Gyokko was as easily provocated as he died. Man, I was hoping they would extend the fight from the manga, but somehow it was as bad. Animation was also very lackluster. Guess we got the best Muichiro sequence from the last few minutes of the last episode. Truly didn’t live up to the hype.

Pretty bad episode.
Forgetting that, we’re back to the main fight. I’m just here for the final episode directed by Shirai.
Mitsuri please, for the love of god, save this season.

This anime adapts it's source material too seriously. So don't expect anything more or less from what you have read in the manga. 

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Jun 4, 2023 9:56 PM
Dec 2022
Rengoku smiles to the camera.

11/10 perfect episode
Jun 4, 2023 10:25 PM

Mar 2018
Was anyone under any impression that anything will happen to Tanjiro? Of course not. Which is why the save from Mitsuri doesn't work at all. It felt corny.

Gyokko is the worst upper moon. The fight was utterly boring. Gyokko never felt like a legit threat but a joke. The fight never felt like a proper fight. All of it was Gyokko throwing shit at Muichiro and getting toyed in return. Where's the hand-to-hand? Or anything resembling a challenge?
Jun 4, 2023 10:39 PM
Jun 2007
Another upper rank bite the dust (Rank 5). Muichiro with his demon slayer mark...
Jun 4, 2023 10:57 PM
Jun 2013
People be complaining about the cgi fish, but these ones had a creepy visual, so at least it blended better, but these wood dragons, they look terrible, completely out of place and junky, why can't Ufotable just do a freaking 2d dragon mokuton like Pierrot has been doing for literally ages and always look good.
Jun 4, 2023 11:50 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I think the funny moments ruined the mood. I love demon slayer, but I can't rate this season as highly as the 1st and 2nd. Too bad, but I'm hoping for improvement.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 5, 2023 12:17 AM
Feb 2021
I knew from the start of the season that gyokko would be a throwaway enemy for the story. I just wish he put up more of a fight-fight because seeing Gyutaros performance definitely made me think "If he's the weakest of the six, how fuckin strong are the rest of them?" Not saying gyokko was weak by any means, but he got killed mid season, so personally speaking, he was definitely what id consider a throwaway. Muichiro got that backstory power up, he stood no chance. Overall, a good episode thats definitely building up to a bigger more extravagant fight later on in the final episodes.
Jun 5, 2023 12:22 AM
Dec 2020
This episode has its good moments...but that's it, the entire season only had good moments here and there and it wasn't really that solid.

Season 2 started the same but ended great and even if this one has 2 more episodes to air probably won't fix itself. Muichiro techniques look great but his fights are not really that impressive, also don't really feel that impactful. Remember Giyu in ep20? That was short and sweet. Now it seems ufotable are committed to give the characters one cool moment per episode then end it there. Happened with tanjiro, muichiro, and now mitsuri too.

Well I guess the next episode we will get some backstory or something unrelated to her fight, then we will come back to her, she does a crazy move then we get another cliffhanger... The classic.
MoonSplitterJun 5, 2023 12:27 AM
Jun 5, 2023 12:56 AM

May 2015
Muichirou is really carrying this season.
Jun 5, 2023 1:09 AM
Feb 2022
muichiro didn't even start and the gyokko's already dead
no way this slimy shit is stronger than gyutaro
I actually like muichiro but it was such a waste of his potential to let him fight with that weak UM want to see him going all out soon
anyways finally mitsuri is back in action
Jun 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Jan 2021
It was really entertaining to see Muichirou insulting that demon with his flat expression lol. And finally, Mitsuri in action! Finally. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Jun 5, 2023 1:22 AM

Feb 2017
That was pretty solid in my books. finally rounded up the vase dude and got rid of him for good.
"This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die. Someone has to do it, so why not me?"
- Light Yagami

Jun 5, 2023 3:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Muichirou made him shut up in the most epic way lol. And now against the dragon of course Mitsuri had to come to handle the fight properly
Jun 5, 2023 3:43 AM

Aug 2008
I saw some people mention it's the worst arc in the whole series and I can easily believe it. Still makes me wonder why they didn't try to improve it while adapting. Majority of the lines are characters describing what they are currently doing. It's even worse than a straight exposition dump. What's the point of the whole animation when script could be better used for an audiobook or picture drama at best. And this God damned utterly awful humour getting everywhere with moronic jokes and faces, even in the middle of life and death situations. Are writers for this show playing some kind of game where they pass the script between each other and write couple of lines without looking at what was written before, just going by an overall outline? Just downgrade the animation a bit, brighten the coulours and add some stat windows or other RPG reference and you wouldn't be able to tell this season apart from an average isekai. It's that badly written.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 5, 2023 3:59 AM
Mar 2020
the way muichiro ended vase demon was so slay
Jun 5, 2023 4:09 AM

Jul 2016
Zaxphred said:
now that Kanroji is here everything would be a ok also like to mention like how muichiro killed an upper four single handed

Upper five right?
Jun 5, 2023 4:42 AM

Feb 2014
Man I can't believe they gave a 14 year-old an abs lol. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Jun 5, 2023 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
no way vase demon is already dead we haven't seen his backstory yet
Jun 5, 2023 5:36 AM
Feb 2022
Amazing mist hasira
Jun 5, 2023 6:16 AM

Oct 2013
PrimeX said:
no way vase demon is already dead we haven't seen his backstory yet
He was too based as a demon to have a backstory, it seems. ;PP
Jun 5, 2023 6:23 AM
Jul 2022
BITIN LACKS OF SCREENTIME AND BORING SORRY

Jun 5, 2023 6:54 AM
Nov 2021
Gyokko was very annoying.... and he is beheaded now by Muichiro... This arc feels a lil boring, feels very slow
Jun 5, 2023 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
While it's not as epic of a fight as the one against Gyutaro/Daki in the previous season, the overall fight between Muichiro and Gyokko was still very well done. The negative responses to this fight seems, mostly, to be as exaggerated as ever as usual. =/

One thing that was a highlight for this in that fight was seeing Muichiro talking back at Gyokko with deadpan taunts before showcasing a creepy smile that succeeded in pissing off Gyokko even more. That moment was pretty awesome, I must say!

But either way, his victory against Gyokko was well deserved and he got good closure as well. He's not in a state to fight again for a while, so he's earned his rest.

As for Mitsuri, she's finally appeared again, saving Tanjiro from getting crushed from one of the dragons that swallowed him. Her athletic and flashy fighting style here as she made the dragon heads look weak was impressive. With Tanjiro taking heavy damage from being crushed as well as his eardrums already burst from earlier, this will still be a tough fight for Mitsuri to save Nezuko and Genya, as well as taking down Zohakuten.
Jun 5, 2023 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
gyutaro&&daki fights is more intense and epic battle !!!

Jun 5, 2023 8:37 AM
Aug 2020
Imo the Muichiro fight was kinda ruined by the jokes (which were unfunny btw). This really made the demon less menacing and seems less dangerous.
Jun 5, 2023 8:54 AM
Aug 2016
Sick episode! Fighting scenes rocked!
Jun 5, 2023 9:01 AM

Feb 2021
Got a little emotional when I saw Rengoku
Jun 5, 2023 9:26 AM
Sep 2021
Muichiro destroyed upper moon 5 gyokko now it's time for mitsuri to shine against the upper 4 moon hatred clone zohakuten.
Jun 5, 2023 9:47 AM

Jan 2021
Muichirou still fighting that stupid vase named Gyokko but he reveals his true form and defeats it. Another upper 5 out of the way. It was nice to see his family in his dream or however you call it.

Tanjiro is still struggling with the demon Hantengu and of the dragon heads got Tanjiro swallowed up and he's about to get crushed when Mitsuri comes to the rescue and frees him from being crushed to death. As usual the CG parts were nicely done so props for that. Lets see what Mitsuri will bring on the table against the demon.
Jun 5, 2023 9:55 AM

May 2018
That Upper 5 was defeated very quickly wow, I thought it would take a lot longer
Jun 5, 2023 10:43 AM

Sep 2017
I feel like the rank 5 guy was just supposed to be comic relief lmao. He was kind of a clown and as such got clowned on pretty hard. Now maybe Mist boy is a lot stronger than Sound man but the rank 6 demon was a way better fight. Idk I mean we prob just jamming two upper 6 in one arc because the author was like "shit I gotta move this story along faster" especially considering dude killed off the entire lower 6 at the end of s1 or whenever. So yeah dude made a few too many demons and needed to churn through them quickly. Of course the 2 in this arc is going to get scuffed.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.