Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 6:38 PM

Dec 2021
Advanced screening of the first three episodes on KADOKAWA'S official YouTube channel.
https://totokami.com/news.html#news-240310-2

You got played like a fiddle, Uname-sensei.

After encountering the oddity on the first day of the infiltration, Sumireko explains the situation with the whole mystery going on at Koone All-Girl's School. Sumireko mentions that the doctors who checked out the first victim overlooked what was actually happening, and the three who collapsed ended up safe and sound. Oto then mentions that a sign appeared right after they collapsed, but she wasn't able to find it. Ren then suggests that now that they've confirmed the existence of an oddity, their plan is to brainstorm their next steps. It was time to catch it. Thus began round two of this mystery.

I love how everything's coming full circle from the beginning. Of course, Sumireko survived since she's the embodiment of water, Tsukiyomi's Water. Another observation: I think Uname absorbed the curse just like Sumireko did and became the oni. But seriously, was that teacher blaming her for her classmates being little troublemakers? Really, she's the troublemaker here? It's pretty realistic, given that conformity culture (and victim-blaming) is particularly strong in Japan. Anyways, damn, Ren is a badass. I'm guessing his Oddity is just UNO Reverse Card. Uname though... had a messed-up life and wanted to make things better for others. It's just that the curse, coupled with her trauma, made her go about it in the most extreme ways. Our gang wins this round, but they definitely didn't do so unscathed.

And that completes the first mystery for our gang... a wild one for sure, and no doubt it's only going to get even wilder from here.

Apr 24, 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
A girl that was shielded by her grandmother being her life, but faces bullying in school, Manami sure has a hard life going for her.

Ren saving Sumireko whilst putting his siscon matter first, it's safe to say that Oto's girls' school definitely has a Curiosity, of which he's very interested in the Genuine ones. And likewise, when Uname-sensei was about to lick on Sumireko's shadow, Ren came in clutch, identifying her as an Ushi-oni. The dribblers with the other students of bullying, it all has to do with the hair ornament on her hair. But Uname-sensei, which is definitely Manami, doesn't give up and almost licks her on demonic fire, with Ren having to stop her immediately.

Both Uname-sensei and her grandmother were borne from the same hair ornament, which was a curse: a Ushi-no-tama, made prevalently from her name, which is no more than a protection amulet. With Uname not willing to give it up, Ren has to take drastic measures to literally burn the matter and the user out of their curse.

With the case closed, the apparition turned out to be a Chinrinki, a more powerful Curiosity. But is the bullying matter purely resolved?
Apr 24, 7:36 AM
Sep 2021
Ren solves the problem & also in turn saved Manami in the process.
Apr 24, 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
it was another good episode,

i don't get bored for the moment...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 24, 8:39 AM
Feb 2020
Yo is that Ushi-oni the same as the thing in last episode of Dungeon Meshi that tied up Laios?

Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Jul 2011
Uname-sensei did nothing wrong. She was using her power for good.

Apr 24, 8:47 AM
Jan 2021
Can't get enough of Sumireko bursting out of all her clothes
Apr 24, 8:57 AM
Oct 2019
Good episode, I want to know more about what this family is like and I really wanted a little romance, but I don't think there will be one
Apr 24, 9:27 AM
Jan 2024
Didn’t quite liked the 2nd episode but thank god I stayed for that 3rd one. Deeply sad episode. That exploration of bullying really made me think and ponder of many things. I also loved the way Japanese folklore is introduced in this.
Apr 24, 9:47 AM
Nov 2023
My interest for this show is not very high, but I can appreciate good episodes when I see them.
This was definitely the best episode so far, but I'm still not sure where the story is going.
Apr 24, 9:57 AM

Jan 2013
bullies are a necessary evil and i'm tired of pretending they aren't.
Apr 24, 11:12 AM

May 2019
Sounds like the first mystery has been resolved and the teacher will need to figure out another way to deal with bullies. On that note it was interesting to see her backstory and how she was harshly bullied which was much worse than the "bullying" she is now trying to prevent.
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Jun 2016
If compare this episode with the manga, it is much weaker, and the inept censorship is especially annoying. What the hell was at 16:25. And yes, the pg-13 rating is not an excuse, especially when compared with other works this season.
As for teacher, I really feel sorry for her, although she went too far. Good thing it had a happy ending in the end.
ShiroAlexApr 25, 4:36 AM
Apr 24, 11:30 AM
Apr 2021
I don’t give a shit I’m happy Manami is alive and well poor girl went through the worst bullying I’ve ever seen like her grandma died and she’s poor yet you’re still gonna make fun of her?!?!??? Justice for Manami☹️🥺😢

So it seems like oni folk lore is gonna be the main theme for the curiosities and shit pretty cool to me ngl

It’s so funny whenever Sumireko’s clothes be BURSTING out bc her tiddies are too goddamn huge like I wonder how her back is doing😭😭😭😭
Apr 24, 12:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Nothing good comes from bullying that leaves everlasting emotional trauma on the victim. It still continues to be a controversial topic in Japanese society.
Apr 24, 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
Tragic backstory, bullies should go to hell. Hope sensei finds happiness. Who's that girl visiting sensei in wheelchair though? Hope it ain't any trouble. Got to see a bit more of mc power, interesting. Nice Sumireko fanservice again.
Apr 24, 1:04 PM
Jan 2016
Bullying is a problem everywhere but g'damn, I can't believe in Japan the teacher of all people is bullying the guardian.
I wanted Grandma to tell her to shove it.

Also this show is giving me some hints of Dark Gathering. Something about the lore drops and fighting reminded me of it.
Apr 24, 2:10 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to ShiroAlex
If compare this episode with the manga, it is much weaker, and the inept censorship is especially annoying. What the hell was at 16:25. And yes, the pg-13 rating is not an excuse, especially when compared with other works this season.
As for teacher, I really feel sorry for her, although she went too far. Good thing it had a happy ending in the end.
@ShiroAlex
WDYM? If I didn't misunderstand you, you meant the scene when Ren looks into Manami's eyes, then it's the same as in the manga.
Apr 24, 2:19 PM

Jul 2022
Manami wasn't evil, but the curse she used could get out of control. It's unfair what happened in the past when she was harassed. There should be more teachers like her who want to end bullying, not like the useless teacher she had in the past.

As for the ending, who is the girl in the wheelchair? I'm also interested in Ren and Oto's past.
Apr 24, 2:48 PM

Feb 2019
Nah the kids throwing away the home made cloths that Manami-sensei’s grandma made would’ve been my villain origin story too cause wtf. Just nasty. As someone who had an older dad I can really relate to her.

Grandma put her heart and soul in taking care of Manami and the kids at school were just being vile for no reason.. then the teacher didn’t even wanna hear out the grandma and blamed everything on Manami instead of getting to the bottom of things.. like wtf. “Are you saying there’s a problem with how I manage my class” Uh bitch, yes. Do your job 💀 no wonder Manami turned out to be such a strict teacher in terms of preventing bullying.

She obviously went a little overboard with it, like preventing friends from messing around with each other, but I don’t blame her for wanting to put an end to bullying after all she saw as a kid. It’s easy to see how the amulet was able to take advantage of her negative emotions.

I love how the Onii folk lore is handled in this show. Cool way to introduce the Chinkiri and Adashino’s “see” ability. If this was just a part of that demon, I wonder what else we’re gonna see in this series.

Fanservice as usual on point, at this point Sumireko titties bursting out of her clothes is inevitable. Her back has to be all sorts of fucked up from carrying those jugs around all day 😭. Adashino was right about her looking like a gacha character, she looks like something out of Nikke.

Girl in the wheelchair at the end of the ep seems sus.. looking forward to the next curiosity
Marinate1016Apr 24, 5:35 PM
Apr 24, 3:16 PM

Jun 2019
I'm really having a difficult time deciding whether to continue with this series or not. Moreso than any of the other 15+ series I've seen this season (most of which I continue to watch). Horror is my area and while this series isn't quite horror, it definitely has those horror elements and is kind of horror-adjacent, being mystery and supernatural along with incorporating a lot of dark mythology and folklore. And the first episode..."blew me away" may be too dramatic and hyperbolic an overstatement, but definitely impressed me, possibly moreso than any other series yet this season. Probably #1 and at least in the top three.

But the second episode felt like a serious step down. Now this episode I found moderately better than the last, probably because more information was given and the mystery was resolved, just giving it inherently more substance and content to chew on rather than just random banter between schoolgirls we just met and which may or may not even ever be seen and featured again or important to the story in the long run at all. Yet still not as good as the first. I felt like a crucial part was missing where it showed us the teacher's tragic past with those obnoxious bullies, her sad home and family circumstances because of loss of her parents, etc., but didn't actually show anything interesting or informative about the process of what specifically happened after that as she began using the item. She had full-on horns? But it seems like it was just kind of glossed over and treated kind of light, despite how dramatic and wild a development it actually was when you stop to think about it, for this innocent young schoolgirl to transform into something akin to a mythical beast.

Or maybe she always partially was and had that part lying dormant until awoken due to her family bloodline and lineage? Again, feel like that explanation and characterization of that part of the teacher was basically breezed over. Maybe they intentionally didn't go into more depth or detail with it not simply due to time constraints, but because she's ultimately just an episodic character who is going to be treated like one and never even seen or heard from again, or who will only have brief passing cameos.

I don't know. Very mixed. I may end up feeling foolish if the series ends up being phenomenal down the line, but right now it seems more headed for that category of seasonals from the past year or two which had a shockingly great first episode and then never really reached those heights again, like (for me), Undead Girl Murder Farce, Zom 100, Sasaki to Pii-chan from last season, etc. Which means, I still may end up continuing to watch and finish it, just as I completed all those series, but seems somewhat destined to be just another 6/10-tier series from the start (or...from just after the start).
Apr 24, 3:34 PM

Aug 2019
7:06 The way her zipper broke and her boobs dropped 🥵🥵

Definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last. Uname did nothing to deserve being treated like that as a kid. Fuck that teacher dude
Apr 24, 4:03 PM
Jan 2024
very good episode it really surprised me
Apr 24, 5:10 PM
Mar 2018
The only bigger problem I have with this show besides having a big boob character they constantly find ways to make near topless all the time, is the fact this still has enough of my interest to make my continue watching when I really want to drop it.
Apr 24, 5:32 PM
Jan 2017
The tale of lost children and a lost writer continues. What is the takeaway? Even conflicts between well-meaning people can have casualties.
Next week, Sumireko makes Oto jealous again.
Apr 24, 5:57 PM

Jul 2015
Teacher ignoring the bullying and only acting when bullied kid defends themselves is common.
But teacher actively siding with bullies is a first.

Apr 24, 5:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
With the amount of boobs burst showed here, i can't help but curiosity built-in to see the source.

Uname reason, solid but tbh its generic.

This episode also regain a bit of Ren's memories of past as well but still a mystery how and why he collect mystery. Especially since he mentions about returning home.

All in all, a bit of underwhelm with how they solve the teacher mystery but overall its decent with the amount of boobies.

Let's hope the next mystery have more context than content....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 24, 6:02 PM
Aug 2021
And the bath scene omake with nudity on every page got butchered with censorship to no one's surprise.
Apr 24, 6:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Uname definitely had a rough time at school as a kid, those backstory scenes kinda hurt to watch, but that doesn’t excuse her actions in the present as she’s taking too extreme a measure to control the bullying, yeah she’s not actually killing anyone but still a dastardly deed, she needed to be stopped. Thankfully we have our big tiddie babe and squinty creepy lad to deal with the situation, Uname was pretty easily figured out too lol, just took one well acted bully victim situation to expose her, it’s just unfortunate she made things difficult by putting up a fight, those burns looked pretty bad.

But Adashino had more tricks up his sleeve, I’m not totally sure what exactly he did but it looked like he voided the item of its curse which caused he and Uname to take a good bit of damage, and Sumireko was there to give him quite the view after his victory, I liked his line about Sumireko looking like a gacha game character that took damage there lol. And now that the school mystery is solved, I’m now looking forward to what other weirdness there is to come, I’m hoping things get a bit more spooky and perhaps a mystery that doesn’t have an obvious culprit but I am enjoying it anyway, I especially found the historical bits interesting, I hope the mysteries continue to have that kind of origin. And lastly it was cute seeing Oto enjoy Sumireko’s story in the after credits, apartment wife might have a new fan lol.
Apr 24, 7:40 PM
Feb 2015
Everytime Ren comes up the story become more interesting than usual and more lore narration, i like the story and japanese ayakashi theme of it
Apr 24, 9:39 PM

Dec 2019
I feel bad for alternate universe Minorin.

The fan service is also too strong in this anime.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 24, 9:56 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck bullying! Man that was hard to watch. Of course what Uname-sensei was doing was wrong, but you have to feel bad for the woman. Thankfully it seems like it all ended well, although, who the heck is the woman in the wheelchair at the end?

Bullying and dark stuff aside, Sumireko wearing that tight tracksuit... goddamn! And then it just exploded, RIP zipper, your opponent was too massive. xD.

"You look like a gacha game character who's taken heavy damage" lol
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
Mar 2015
The teacher was given a hair piece that protected by her grandmother but it turned her into a ushi -oni
Apr 25, 4:10 AM
Apr 2023
I am wondering who knocked on Uname-sensei's room at the end. Probably a student who knows her secret?
Apr 25, 4:35 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
@ShiroAlex
WDYM? If I didn't misunderstand you, you meant the scene when Ren looks into Manami's eyes, then it's the same as in the manga.
@LessThanAnimeFan No and yes, at the same time. Just compare this scene with a frame from the manga, there it is not just a stupid black piece of image.
Apr 25, 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
this is so much better than i thought
Apr 25, 8:12 AM
Nov 2022
If only this adaptation wasn't censored...
Apr 25, 12:35 PM

Mar 2022
Well, that was disappointing. I don't know how you build up this much and end up with nothing.
I expected this to be on the level of Dark Gathering. It's not even close.
Apr 25, 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
that line about the gacha games xDDD
Apr 25, 4:11 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I’m just here for the mystery/supernatural aspect of the show 😅
Apr 25, 6:07 PM
Jan 2021
Saphiran said:
Well, that was disappointing. I don't know how you build up this much and end up with nothing.
I expected this to be on the level of Dark Gathering. It's not even close.

Bro just stop! it not an adventure anime

kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi- Mystery, Maiden and Mysterious on Top! It's Amazing and unique
Apr 25, 6:46 PM

Oct 2022
Sumireko made all the anger i felt at the start fade away.

Apr 26, 1:44 AM
Jul 2023
That man deserves some compensation for letting himself catch magic purple fire to safe Sumireko. Coffee date, a feel, anything.
Apr 26, 10:09 AM
Jul 2021
Builder45 said:
Yo is that Ushi-oni the same as the thing in last episode of Dungeon Meshi that tied up Laios?

I thought I was the only one who noticed this lol
Apr 27, 12:39 AM

Mar 2008
Ironically Uname-sensei became a bully herself from taking things too much

Im not sure what was up with the end with the girl in the wheel chair but felt like a possible setup for next episode.

Apparently Sumireko can make poorly fitted tracksuits look good lol
Apr 27, 2:24 PM
Jul 2021
Inferior version of dark gathering.
Apr 28, 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
i do really love the ending, with all the Balcan vibes, got it looped for last week xD
finally case resolved. but really?
Apr 28, 9:17 AM

Sep 2023
This episode was better than the last, but there were parts that I found very confusing. I thought that getting background on the teacher and why she wanted to stop bullying so badly was needed, but I sort of got lost with everything else. I assume this is a me problem. It will be interesting to see where this goes now that this short investigation is over.
Apr 28, 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
Teachers accusing the victim of bullying of aggression and violence because she is tired of enduring and trying to shift responsibility to parents because they do not want to be responsible for the quality of their work - is a classic.
Apr 28, 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Chol_Yerlow
The only bigger problem I have with this show besides having a big boob character they constantly find ways to make near topless all the time, is the fact this still has enough of my interest to make my continue watching when I really want to drop it.
@Chol_Yerlow U dislike big boobs? If so,either u r lgbtq or girl
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

37 by AnimeSrk »»
May 26, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

151 by NoviSun »»
May 26, 12:03 AM

» Is the ending song extremely similar to another song?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

5 by NoviSun »»
May 25, 10:20 PM

» Is Manami's situation relatable to you? (ep 2 & 3 spoilers)

Shizuna - May 24

5 by IbnAurum »»
May 24, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15

30 by MegamiRem »»
May 22, 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.