Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2023 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Ann being fearless as ever. Sometimes, I wonder if that's a good or bad side of her character. Regardless, I think she still made another impression in her own way this episode.

Another thing is her character relationships in the series. I think her relationship with Noah is really sweet.
Aug 25, 2023 6:26 AM

Feb 2021
I wonder whose wing that is. A character we know or not? Btw where is Mythril's wing currently?
The brief fight looked quite nice.
Aug 25, 2023 7:24 AM

Jun 2021
Anne's reckless decision I thought it really was, resulted in victory. Now Noah finally ate and has warmed up to her. That's really heartwarming. Although it's pretty much obvious, Gladice finally revealed himself. Challe is ready to fight him to protect his girl.

As always, this episode went by in a flash.
Aug 25, 2023 7:48 AM

Jul 2011
To win against the Viscount, a little of dirt play is necessary. Now, Hugh would make the crest or the those round candy with the crest in the middle. The later would be incredible.

I hope Bridget isn't dead. She have her problems, but not enough to warrant death.

This means Shall have a second form yet to be seen.

Now I want to see how beautiful is the diamond fairy.
Aug 25, 2023 7:53 AM
Sep 2015
So it's not like lord Herbert was bad at chess but Noah was born from chesspiece so he's naturally good at chess, just like how Challe is naturally good at sword.
Aug 25, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2015
Noah is really cute and heartwarming.

All the opposite of this f*cking bastard of Rafall.
Aug 25, 2023 8:30 AM
Sep 2021
Anne won over Huge by a margin and now the red fairy Gladice is going to make his big move anne and challe are both in big trouble.
Aug 25, 2023 8:52 AM

Feb 2019
Damnnn what an episode. These last few episodes have been cooking.

First off, it was extremely heartwarming to see Noah finally freed from the chains of his past and enjoy Anne’s confection. Lord Herbert would want him to be happy, not sitting around wallowing in grief. The competition the Silver Sugar Viscount gave Anne really did pay off in the end.

And the most obvious plot twist ever, Gladus being the mysterious assassin from earlier in the arc. I knew as soon as “Opal” was mentioned it had to be him since Opal changes colour under different light. Just as we now see Gladus in a “different light” after he attacked Bridget and Challe. And whose wing was Bridget grasping if not Gladus?

The animation during the brief fight between Challe and Gladus was really good, don’t usually expect that type of Sakuga from this show. It’s funny how Niehime and this, two shows that are aimed at female audiences, have both had some great fight animation

Challe and Gladus coming from the same sword is really interesting as well. We know there’s also a third stone in the sword that Gladus mentioned too, so potentially we’ll see that other fairy soon. But who was the master who made these fairies? Lot of questions remain.

“I promised to stay by your side and protect you” “I won’t give you up” Challe’s really become emotional with Anne lately and I love it. Next week is going to be amazing
Marinate1016Aug 25, 2023 9:01 AM
Aug 25, 2023 10:26 AM

Mar 2020
Definitely one of the best episodes of the season. It was some good closure for this segment with Noah and Lord Herbert, as well as the competition between Ann and Hugh. As expected, the fairy was indeed the red haired one that attacked before, and we get his true name, Lafalle Fenn Lafalle. The fight scene looked nice as well. Hopefully the last four episodes will improve upon what we've seen so far.
Aug 25, 2023 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
phantomfandom said:
So it's not like lord Herbert was bad at chess but Noah was born from chesspiece so he's naturally good at chess, just like how Challe is naturally good at sword.
Wait, where does it say / show that Noah was born from a chess piece? I totally missed that. 
Aug 25, 2023 12:38 PM

Jul 2019
What a thrilling episode! I'm happy Anne's present to Noah finally gave him the freedom he needed. I can't wait how things will turn out with Lafalle Fenn Lafalla... I hope Bridget is okay, though.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was amazing, the first half was beautiful and touching, Noah immediately ate the emblem, I like Anne more and more, I appreciate how she knows she "didn't really win" out of ability but more because of a technicality and then the second half was super tense and so well animated, now I feel pretty bad for Bridget, she can't catch a break, just when she managed to smile she got stabbed in the back.
Aug 25, 2023 6:02 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Ann won Noah.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 26, 2023 12:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good that Anne's sweet blazon worked for Noah... meanwhile the antagonist is so annoying.
Aug 26, 2023 12:21 AM

Dec 2018
Finally after 8 episodes it gets interesting. Poor Noah and poor Bridgette. So many a-holes in this show.
Aug 26, 2023 5:26 AM

Feb 2015
Great to see some new movement in the story. It wasn't a surprise that Gladus was up to no good. I hope Bridget learned her lesson from this and realizes how her actions have made others feel. I don't hate her or anything but this was kind of deserved for thinking she can own others and do whatever she wants with them. Well I hope she will manage to reach her dreams after this. She is very much redeemable character.

I was relieved that Challe found Anne first but I am kinda worried where Gladus is. It feels weird that Challe got there before him even though Gladus got a head start. But maybe he didn't know where to look (I hope). Challe being so open with his feelings is so lovely to see. They are a great pair and I love that Challe openly shows his love for Anne (even though now Gladus is trying to use that against him. But I'm sure they'll figure something out. I hope nothing too dramatic happens, but I'm not holding my breath.  

The ending for Noah's arc was very sweet. I'm glad he is feeling better and possibly will finally leave the castle. Anne felt bad that she might have won because she made the forbidden crest and doesn't feel deserving of the win, however, I think that's still her victory as she was brave (or reckless) enough to make it when Hugh wasn't. Hugh knew he could've possibly won by making the crest but put his position above it and that's why he lost. Anne shouldn't be so harsh on herself. She is a bit reckless but her bravery also is the reason she has gotten so far in life, so I just hope she gets more confidence.

I like the switched dynamic of Challe trying to protect Anne, after Anne saved Challe from Bridget. We'll see what Gladus' next move is. Things might get dangerous next.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Aug 26, 2023 8:38 AM

Feb 2021
So Gladus is the good guy who wants to abolish slavery. 
Aug 26, 2023 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
When two op lvl faeries fight!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 26, 2023 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
We all knew Gladus was a creep, right? The big reveal wasn't a surprise. I'm a little worried for Bridget.
Aug 27, 2023 4:01 AM

Apr 2011
I knew Lafalle was a villain but since I read this novel google translated a lot was lost on me originally.

Like there being a THIRD gemstone fairy and that Shall and Lafalle were born on purpose? Likely to bring down humanity??

Very interesting.
The knowledge I have from reading the books ends at this so I'm totally blind for this final act which is very exciting. 👀

Also, Shall is so affectionate with Anne now - imagine what will happen when their feelings finally are shared? 😳
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Aug 27, 2023 9:51 AM
Jan 2021
Am I the only one thinking that Noah is super extra cute?
In this episode he litteraly melted my heart! 😵
Aug 27, 2023 2:46 PM

Sep 2007
AMG...I SQUEED so hard when Challe came barging in the room and embraced Ann like....WHOA.....

RIP whoever's wing Bridget has....wonder where Gladus' wing is then.... :\

And btw....If Silver Viscounts's sugar confectionary can power up Gladus....couldn't Challe power up that way too? (maybe by Ann's?)....idk....I haven't really seen Challe eat sugar since ep 1 or 2 way back in season 1 I think...

EDIT: I have a sudden urge to rewatch Challe explaining his "origin"...They're getting into a lot of details in the gems on the sword and like..."wut....is the next thing that's gonna be revealed that the sword itself birthed a fairy?" so er.....then...wut?
IkanoAug 27, 2023 2:52 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 28, 2023 1:22 AM

Jul 2021
I've been really fucking with Bridget for a couple eps now, I hope she's okay. I'm interested to see what the diamond fairy is gonna look like
Aug 28, 2023 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
Hahaha, -_- so the red fairy and the green fairy were the same all along. How unpredictable...

Hopefully Bridget is ok. But even if she is, she must feel awful for being used yet again.
Aug 28, 2023 5:33 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So there's one additional diamond fairy... hmm...
Aug 29, 2023 12:14 AM
Apr 2020
Even if they someone handle this fairy there is another fairy that was born from a diamond 🙃
Challe and anne just can't take a break
Sep 5, 2023 5:38 AM

Jul 2017
Anne wanting to make the sugar confection of the House Chambers crest for Noah, it's a nice gesture of her. Both her and Viscount Hugh are in competition, though that fact is not made known to Noah, and they just want to rejuvenate his heart once again. Chess pieces vs. house crests, and it's easy to see where Noah's heart would lie towards, being grateful to his late Master Herbert. Though the crest is considered taboo for those serving the Crown, Hugh wanted power in the sacrifice of his freedom. It's a win, but not a well-deserved one for Anne as it's wholly undeserved.

Noah can finally rest easy knowing that Anne is alongside him, but it seems like Gladus, or his true name of LaFalle fenn LaFalle, about to make his move towards Challe, besieging Bridget. The sword's master, birthed from 3 gemstones, of which both Challe and the Obsidian Fairy of LaFalle came from 2 out of 3 of those gemstones, who finally reveals himself as the culprit, Challe's main worry is Anne, now that danger has struck.

Protect Anne with your life, Challe.
Oct 8, 2023 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
Noah is doing much better now. It looks like Ann won against the Viscount, which is quite the feat.

The identity of Opal boy has been officially confirmed, and it's what we all expected. I wonder what happened to Bridget?

Shall must protect Ann at all costs. Her life is in danger.

Nov 22, 2023 12:08 AM

Mar 2011
The plot is thickening... First of all Anne's and Hugh's "Competition" - he took it very nicely. I kind of knew he would most likely do the chess board but I was surprised he originally made the emblem as well. Still, most important is Noah could eat and get some peace of mind. His and Lord Herbert's story is so touching. Really sad and somehow cruel he had to die TT___TT.

So Gladys/Rafalle took the chess board (I feel sorry for Noah) and oh my... he's so creepy :x. I almost wish Jonas was back instead (almost). I knew he tricked Bridget and she didn't really have his wing. Poor fairy he took it from. He used her and wow... I was even right about Challe's and his origins and how they are connected. Since there was a third gem (Diamond) I guess there must be a third fairy somewhere? (Hopefully not as creepy and messed up). If I'd have to guess I'd say the owner of the sword was the late fairy king and he wanted his heritage to continue and that's why their purpose was to be born out of the sword/gems? To have an heir or something like this (would that make him their father?). But this is just a wild guess...

Also yes, he was the one who attacked them. Not gonna lie he looks impressive (creepy) but impressive...

The ending though... The hug *-*. I'm not sure if my heart is able to take this!
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 23, 2023 5:17 AM
Feb 2015
Challe and Anne. While Anne win the match with Viscount, Challe face with his long lost sibling fairy Opal that the sword was embedded with. What will happen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

the_great_prince - Jul 4, 2023

64 by narusenpai »»
May 22, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

45 by LipeandraPinku »»
Mar 16, 2:29 PM

» This is my prediction about Bridgett…

Skoorb - Jul 7, 2023

20 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:30 PM

» Season 2???

RjtheGreat14 - Nov 22, 2023

9 by CarbonMD »»
Jan 15, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2023

31 by jumbosan »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.