Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 19, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
todd2580 said:
ssjokg said:

It isnt hard when you adapt only one volumes(arcs) or maybe even two.

Index 3 tried to adapt 9 Volumes.

Even Index 1 and 2 tried to adapt 6 and 7 volumes respectively.

And lets not forget that 2 SS volumes were mostly cut.

3 episodes per arc just doesnt work. The manga vs Light novel argument doesnt work.

Fate/Zero had a good adaptation because it adapted 4 volumes into 25 episodes AND had a competent team behind it. Zero doesnt have arcs but if each volume was one then each arc had 6 episodes to itself.
AND they had enough time to expand 3 episodes with original scenes.

Railgun T is adapting so far the content of 3,25~ manga volumes.

So no, let me break that illusion of yours.

>Index 3 tried to adapt 9 Volumes.

Kadokawa is the one who made the director to do that even though he wanted more episodes but they only gave him 2 additional episodes (from 24 episodes to 26 episodes)

Not an excuse.

He should be able to decide what needs to be removed or have less focus in order for the important scenes to be at least decent.

Direction, script, animation and sound were all over the place.

As for Zero, take a look at Apocrypha which left out a ton because the team behind it wasnt that good either.

And it doesnt matter whose fault is, Kadokawa or JC Staff.

The point is that Index's adaptation are a rushed mess and at the end, Index 3doesnt even try at being decent.

ssjokgApr 19, 2020 9:06 AM
Apr 19, 2020 9:34 AM
Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
todd2580 said:

>Index 3 tried to adapt 9 Volumes.

Kadokawa is the one who made the director to do that even though he wanted more episodes but they only gave him 2 additional episodes (from 24 episodes to 26 episodes)

Not an excuse.

He should be able to decide what needs to be removed or have less focus in order for the important scenes to be at least decent.

As for Zero, take a look at Apocrypha which left out a ton because the team behind it wasnt that good either.

The point is that Index's adaptation are a rushed mess and at the end, Index 3doesnt even try at being decent.

>He should be able to decide what needs to be removed or have less focus in order for the important scenes to be at least decent.

he was having 2 movies during index iii's production too so don't act like it was an easy job to make things works somehow lol

in Apocrypha i think it's either the schedule wasn't good or the problem relies on the main writer perhaps.
Apr 19, 2020 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
todd2580 said:
ssjokg said:

Not an excuse.

>He should be able to decide what needs to be removed or have less focus in order for the important scenes to be at least decent.

he was having 2 movies during index iii's production too so don't act like it was an easy job to make things works somehow lol

in Apocrypha i think it's either the schedule wasn't good or the problem relies on the main writer perhaps.

Then they shouldnt give him the job. Or he should refuse it. It is called responsibility.If you cant do something then dont. Also the previous Index seasons were bad as well just not THAT bad. You can try to use any excuse you want but it just doesn't work when all his previous works were also not that good.

And if he has time to make Misaka have an original bath scene the he has enough time to do anything else to make this at least decent.

Oh don't get me wrong Apocrypha has a lot of bad writing. That doesn't mean that they should just give up and cut the good stuff.
Apr 19, 2020 3:21 PM
Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
todd2580 said:

Then they shouldnt give him the job. Or he should refuse it. It is called responsibility.If you cant do something then dont. Also the previous Index seasons were bad as well just not THAT bad. You can try to use any excuse you want but it just doesn't work when all his previous works were also not that good.

And if he has time to make Misaka have an original bath scene the he has enough time to do anything else to make this at least decent.

Oh don't get me wrong Apocrypha has a lot of bad writing. That doesn't mean that they should just give up and cut the good stuff.

first i'm not excuse stuff i'm saying reasons
also you've to understand that index isn't that easy to adapted you talk like it's a game but it might be harder than you think it's not like i don't accept your opinion i think most of the fandom of index hating the director of it is just "unfair" since whatever he tired to save the third season it wasn't gonna happen because kadokawa is the one who didn't give him what is required to make it better they just wanted to make the awaiting sequel as a sort of an advertisement for the light novel series so japanese can read it so it's hard task for him to make it work anyways i agree that putting fanservice everywhere was bad idea but it could to lower the stress on the animators during the production.

todd2580Apr 19, 2020 3:32 PM
Apr 19, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
todd2580 said:
ssjokg said:

also you've to understand that index isn't that easy to adapted you talk like it's a game but it might be harder than you think it's not like i don't accept your opinion i think most of the fandom of index hating the director of it is just "unfair" since whatever he tired to save the third season it wasn't gonna happen because kadokawa is the one who didn't give him what is required to make it better they just wanted to make the awaiting sequel as a sort of an advertisement for the light novel series so japanese can read it so it's hard task for him to make it work anyways i agree that putting fanservice everywhere was bad idea but it could to lower the stress on the animators or something like that.

todd2580 said:
ssjokg said:

also you've to understand that index isn't that easy to adapted you talk like it's a game but it might be harder than you think it's not like i don't accept your opinion i think most of the fandom of index hating the director of it is just "unfair" since whatever he tired to save the third season it wasn't gonna happen because kadokawa is the one who didn't give him what is required to make it better they just wanted to make the awaiting sequel as a sort of an advertisement for the light novel series so japanese can read it so it's hard task for him to make it work anyways i agree that putting fanservice everywhere was bad idea but it could to lower the stress on the animators or something like that.

Railgun has just as much science/magic bullshittery and it works fine, at least outside the fillers.

Oh they are both at fault dont get me wrong but he is the one that directly worked on it.

And no, adding fan service doesn't make it easier. How does that work? What is harder? A new bath scene or just a static frame of a cellphone screen with Misaka's voice over it? Or just her back while she is standing outside?

And again, the script and direction wasn't the only issue. Production problems dont excuse the end result.

Apr 19, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
todd2580 said:

todd2580 said:

Railgun has just as much science/magic bullshittery and it works fine, at least outside the fillers.

Oh they are both at fault dont get me wrong but he is the one that directly worked on it.

And no, adding fan service doesn't make it easier. How does that work? What is harder? A new bath scene or just a static frame of a cellphone screen with Misaka's voice over it? Or just her back while she is standing outside?

And again, the script and direction wasn't the only issue. Production problems dont excuse the end result.

>adding fan service doesn't make it easier.

you can just ignore it unless it's hard for you

>Oh they are both at fault dont get me wrong but he is the one that directly worked on it.

oh you're just blaming kadokawa but blaming him too because you hates him i mean can't you just be kind at least that he tires since the schedule wasn't good and kadokawa made him struggle more with giving him enough episodes and J.C.Staff itself during the production was like fighting and the main writer might couldn't work on these circumstances so it couldn't be helped either way it's K A D O K A W A they're the one who funding the anime series and making decisions more than the director does and i can see there was some medding from them but blaming the director isn't right the anime industry isn't a fair place to work on too

anyways blame him as you want if it makes you a loyal index fan lol.

and if you think these chinese rumors that the fandom believed that the director thinks that the light novel series is just a bath joke it's just nitpicking and it's rumors.

todd2580Apr 19, 2020 3:56 PM
Apr 19, 2020 4:09 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, those are pretty decisive poll results up there, haha. I really enjoyed this episode, too. Wouldn't mind to see more scenes of Tooma and Gunha working together after the mid-season finale.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 19, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
todd2580 said:

>Oh they are both at fault dont get me wrong but he is the one that directly worked on it.

oh you're just blaming kadokawa but blaming him too because you hates him i mean can't you just be kind at least that he tires since the schedule wasn't good and kadokawa made him struggle more with giving him enough episodes and J.C.Staff itself during the production was like fighting and the main writer might couldn't work on these circumstances so it couldn't be helped either way it's K A D O K A W A they're the one who funding the anime series and making decisions more than the director does and i can see there was some medding from them but blaming the director isn't right the anime industry isn't a fair place to work on too

and if you think these chinese rumors that the fandom believed that the director thinks that the light novel series is just a bath joke it's just nitpicking and it's rumors.

Oh so I should just ignore time and effort wasted on bullshit. All right. Seems I am dealing with a very logical being.

Jfc.

The poor director who could do so much but the evil corporation didnt let him.

*Checks bio again*

Oh look his only work that is worth mentioning is Azumanga Daioh. Yea, makes sense that Index turned out to be so dull.

Listen buddy. I dont know I you have a job or not, I hope you do. If your boss or any other higher up asks you to do some task you arent qualified for you politely decline. You dont take on that job and hope for the best. If you cant do it then dont do it. Your best option is to recommend a colleague that can do it.At least better than you.

Kadokawa doesnt care if it turns out good or not as long as it sells or finishes OT. He had 26 eps to make a coherent story. In Index 1 he changed an entire arc to make it more simple.
Why didnt he do it in Index 3 as well?
If he couldnt make the story coherent then why didnt he focus on the fights?Everything is a mess.
What about animation quality?So many Berserk 2016 moments.

I dont know why you are trying to excuse incompetence when it is so blatant.

I dont care about rumours when I can clearly see that that he couldnt do any other shit for 26 episodes. Somehow Misaka taking a bath and Itsuwa's wet clothes look amazing compared to everything else.

Apr 20, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
todd2580 said:

Oh so I should just ignore time and effort wasted on bullshit. All right. Seems I am dealing with a very logical being.

Jfc.

The poor director who could do so much but the evil corporation didnt let him.

*Checks bio again*

Oh look his only work that is worth mentioning is Azumanga Daioh. Yea, makes sense that Index turned out to be so dull.

Listen buddy. I dont know I you have a job or not, I hope you do. If your boss or any other higher up asks you to do some task you arent qualified for you politely decline. You dont take on that job and hope for the best. If you cant do it then dont do it. Your best option is to recommend a colleague that can do it.At least better than you.

Kadokawa doesnt care if it turns out good or not as long as it sells or finishes OT. He had 26 eps to make a coherent story. In Index 1 he changed an entire arc to make it more simple.
If he couldnt make the story coherent then why didnt he focus on the fights?Everything is a mess.
What about animation quality?So many Berserk 2016 moments.

I dont know why you are trying to excuse incompetence when it is so blatant.

I dont care about rumours when I can clearly see that that he couldnt do any other shit for 26 episodes. Somehow Misaka taking a bath and Itsuwa's wet clothes look amazing compared to everything else.

>In Index 1 he changed an entire arc to make it more simple.

if you didn't even notice it could be the movie series writer's fault more than the director himself since we didn't have the main writer's first two season on it too but perhaps the schedule affected that i mean the scripts might been delivered in little time too in the end you have to understand no and no director can do his work great in a tight schedule even if he was a great director unless he planned at least what to do (like AOT for example which have also 2 directors) and while i agree that hiroshi isn't a great director but he can do cool stuff from time to time like Gad Guard for example and that's an original anime series
his worst is yeah working on fanservice shows like Trinity Seven.

you can't blame him in the animation side since the schedule was already tight and was getting worse and J.C.Staff was handling other shows Like OPM S2 and DAL III in the same time of Index III so to expect him to do something about it and he might be the kind of director that needs enough time not restricted time duh

>So many Berserk 2016 moments.

at least the BD Version fixed some of the errors with some of the CGI's errors but ofc they couldn't to fix all of it because of Kadokawa wanting to sell them While the season is still airing so in the middle of season you'll see some errors that couldn't fix it or didn't fix it properly.

so i don't why you think blaming him is right while he could be not the reason the season sucked and wasn't as you wanted it to be.

todd2580Apr 20, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 20, 2020 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah lets not blame him and the rest of the staff because they may have faced problems during the production.

That's not how it works. Again, if you CANT work on something then dont. If the quality of the final product matters to you then pass the job to someone else.

JC, Kadokawa and him decided that it is ok to work with those conditions. You cant excuse any them. And I cant believe that you even trying so hard portray him as blameless. Index 1 and 2 were still shit adaptation with "enough episodes" compared to Index 3. They were ...fun but still shit adaptations.

The third season was just shit.

If you have nothing else other than "they may have faced some problems" then dont bother replying.

NO SHIT they had some problems.A look at all their shows at that time is enough to realize that. They dont care about quality.

May 21, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
Finally the Touma Gunha team up. Good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2020
Gunha catching Touma like he was a little damsel in distress was hilarious xD
Jun 19, 2020 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
This episode got me hyped with all of the match ups being set up.

Touma and Gunha interactions were a lot fun. I like the princess carry at the end.
Aug 9, 2020 6:16 AM
Dec 2017
I am still confused at to what Gunha's esper ability is exactly. Is it just super strength, but if that were the case how did he slap away the lightening. Anyway, whatever it is he is a total badass.

Loved the episode, this is starting to rival the sisters arc.
Aug 31, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2017
This season is getting pretty freaking crazy. I can honestly say I didn't expect this out of S3 of Railgun - pretty intense stuff.

I am loving how some plots / characters of different series and seasons are converging here, and I'd love to see more of the same. This is getting interesting.

Touma and Gunha's team fight is pretty cool, actually. I was never a huge fan of Touma because he's kind of boring, but seeing him in these roles a little more may make me come around to him a little more. The interplay between different characters is pretty priceless.
Nov 19, 2020 7:02 PM
May 2020
This was hella entertaining. Misaki is so cute hhhhngnngnng--
Also Touma x Gunha was really fun to watch.
Jan 25, 2021 12:31 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Don’t get me wrong it’s cool to see some spiky haired bois teaming up but is real best boy accelerator gonna get some screen time? In the index movie him helping out was totally random as really the stakes did not concern him. But this time it does, baby misaka last order got affected, I’m thinking he should join in the fight as well. Hopefully that’s not just wishful thinking lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 21, 2021 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
Soooo good!
Just this one episode shows amazing the series can be.
It's a shame Index III couldn't get close to the same quality that this season has shown so far.
Mar 5, 2021 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
KunM said:
Gunha catching Touma like he was a little damsel in distress was hilarious xD

it sure was lol

he went Gokuu mode just hair color didn't change lol
Jun 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Aug 2018
Honestly, this is what could make Touma's battles more enjoyable.. I don't care too much about battles overall, as I'm not into battles in the first place in anime series.. But this - fighting with partner - could make Touma's battles have more variety.. Like team work, you know.. Just make Touma team pair with all kinds of different characters.. With different fighting styles they use, or skills, or weapons, or items they use.. And here - you have all kinds of variety in these battles..
Jan 29, 2022 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
Surprisingly solid episode. I also changed my opinion of Shokuho. I still think what she did to the friends of Misaka was wrong, but I kinda understand her chain of thoughts now. Not a fan of Toma, so him pushing Misaka away as a protagonist in this episode annoyed me quite a bit. Sogiita is pretty dope character though, he and Shokuho might be the two reasons why I'll rate this season higher than all the others of the Toaru franchise.
Nov 28, 2022 5:47 PM

Dec 2020
"add in another hyper" lmao this guy a real shonen protag.

I'm glad Touma stepping in. Accelerator probably showing up not too soon after this. Big threats should have all the protags showing up.
Dec 16, 2022 3:46 PM

Aug 2019
brainwashed tsundere kuroko to the rescue. and touma working with esper #7 is surprisingly cool despite him being surprisingly even dumber than touma
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2023 11:43 AM

May 2020
Can't believe it's the same JC Staff animating and adapting this who presented us with the abomination which was Index 3. But hey that's always been the case with Railgun anyways.

Coming to the episode, once again it was as good as it could've been, like the last one. Now that we know about Misaki and her motives, I'm already seeing her in a new light, different from how it was some episodes ago at the very least. I mean you see she's been used too, so there's that sympathy.

Touma may not be someone I really like, but his timings are something I do. He's always at the right place for some reason. Loved that tag team of his and Gunha.. I mean this other dude is plenty likeable anyways.

Kuroko doing what the best girl should.
Jun 17, 2023 1:07 PM

Nov 2010
Aleister Crowley is way too powerful, based on what I've seen in Index. It's no wonder he didn't care about this. I think even if Misaka reached level six, she wouldn't be able to destroy that building.

It looks like Gensei & Mitori are still in cahoots. She only betrayed Baba & Xochitl to make use of them?

So glad to see JC Staff is still in their game regarding the action in this show. Those scenes with Touma, Gunha, and Misaka had good animation & looked so cool!

Even though he's supposed to be the lowest ranked of the level five, Gunha seems as powerful as a DBZ character.
Nov 29, 2023 5:58 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, Misaki is so helpful.
Mar 3, 3:20 PM

May 2021
Touma’s here the sound effect of breaker is nostalgic
Inhales oxygen
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Aug 2021
I read NT11 and came here.

🥺
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by frierentr »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.