Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2022 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
It's back and honestly, that OP song is still very MHA style, which fits for this show. A lot of characters featured as usual.

Looks like Hawk's group has gathered important info against the villains. Episode had some recap clips so I guess it was a way to reflect events from the previous season. Seeing Voice, Eraser Head, and Endeavor got me hyped and I'm crossing fingers for at least a decent season.

May 2020
It’s fall 2022 and we finally arrived at the inevitable, the yearly installment to this series which people would never lose faith in cuz “it’ll get better this time around”, My Hero Academia everyone. Well being a source reader, atleast I can confirm there’s some truth in it.

Paranormal Liberation front or whatever they call it, it’s straight up business against them right from the first minute. After the buildup we went through in last season, it’s no surprise heroes are on a frontal assault for once, courtesy of Hawks acting as a double agent and setting things up for the raid. Visuals looking fine for now, though it’s just the first episode itself so no point in getting any hopes up. Also please beat the hell out of Doctor dracula, it’s long overdue at this point.

Opening sounding just the way every other past opening had, same for ending. So yeah the usual here.

Jul 2017
HeroAca has finally reached Season 6, supposedly the best arc of the manga (Paranormal Liberation War arc) with the heroes vs. the Paranormal Liberation Front.

The OST seems OK for this season, at least for the 1st half, just like all other HeroAca seasons prior.

The total breakdown of the regiment groups within the Paranormal Liberation Front as Hawks had surmised with Twice's information and still keeping his intentions secret, and all Heroes engage to do 2 things: the subjugation of Kyudai Garaki, the mad scientist, progenitor of the Nomus and simultaneously All For One's right-hand man. The other being to start their offense against Shigaraki and his army of villains on all flanks under Endeavor and Edge Shot.

Kyudai was caught unawares by Endeavor's group raiding Jaku Hospital, and he at least has a backup plan to induce Quirks from All For One's regeneration and Twice's Double duplication to activate all the Nomus hiding beneath while continuing his efforts to cultivate the best of Shigaraki. Only except that the Pro Heroes managed to reach before he could progress.

The all-out war has begun, and it's all action going forward.
KANLen09Oct 1, 2022 2:56 AM
Oct 1, 2022 2:02 AM
Feb 2022
And that's the way to start, bois
Oct 1, 2022 2:48 AM
Jan 2022
Yuki Hayashi Directing opening song for s6 was such a bless and haruka lida debut for directing ending song another fabulous thing for this season 6.

Norimitsu suzuki animating action scene of Mirko slashing every nomu was bombastic.
Today mha episode was such a treat I don’t have much more words to say .
Tamago006Oct 1, 2022 3:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2022 2:52 AM

Jul 2011
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so excited for this arc

โ— ๐Ÿ‡ฆ‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ฒ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌๐Ÿ‡น‌
โญ๐Ÿ‡ต‌๐Ÿ‡ท‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌๐Ÿ‡ซ‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌
๐Ÿ‡ฒ‌๐Ÿ‡บ‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡จ‌ โ–ท

Oct 1, 2022 2:57 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Oct 1, 2022 3:00 AM
Oct 2022
Let's hope this season is actually good and not another *it'll get better or this is where this gets real* moment and ends up disappointing
Oct 1, 2022 3:02 AM
Sep 2021
Anyone know when the dub comes out?

Oct 1, 2022 3:03 AM
Jul 2022
Waiting patiently to watch the first ep
watching in animiplay
my favourite series MHA ๐Ÿ˜
Oct 1, 2022 3:03 AM

Jul 2022
Watching the first episode gives me goosebumps! This Day has finally arrived!
Oct 1, 2022 3:05 AM
Jul 2022
mirko thunder thighs
Oct 1, 2022 3:14 AM
Dec 2020
very solid start to season 6, reading the manga and hope they do all of what they adapt justice.

cant wait for more especially later on in the season, this part is also good though for sure.
some people...
Oct 1, 2022 3:14 AM

Mar 2021
TsukiNisshoku said:
mirko thunder thighs
mirko thunder thighs

Oct 1, 2022 3:15 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Damn, this is a pretty good start! Little time to dive right into the action, that's just what I want from this show.

Best arc being adapted here? I really hope the adaption will live up to that standard, although I feel like the arcs covered in S2 and the first half of S3 will be difficult to top but here we go. Next episode focusing on Mirko-san should be fun if her small stints in this episode are anything to go by.

Endeavor's trust in Hawk is nice to see, I loved that little "Let's go, Hawks!" scene out of the conference building. Looks like the heroes are starting to get a hold of some of the traitors too, that'll definitely help for the future too.

Our main characters have been assigned with evacuation roles and the sort for now, but we know things will get dicey at some point, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that'll go.

Op & ED are pretty nice. Visuals of the Op containing the Jojo-like word bubbles (can't recall what they're called xD) was an interesting addition and it's a pleasure to hear Akiyama Kiro-san as always.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 1, 2022 3:21 AM
Jun 2020
I was pleasantly surprised. Last season left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

I wanna start off talking about the new OP and ED. They're ight. The ED is really basic visually, but it's not terrible or anything. The OP has a really interesting comic-booky style, with sharp edges, high contrast shading and some pretty good sakuga shots. I gotta say visually it's a lot more interesting than last season's OPs. Songwise I think both the ED and the OP are kinda mid tbh. They're both really not that memorable, and kinda plain, but it's ok.

Now the episode itself I really liked, might just be the best first episode of any of the seasons. I haven't read the manga but I know quite a lot of spoilers, but I don't really know the order of certain events or most of what really happens, but so far it looks pretty hype. Looks like we will have an action-packed season. The writing seems pretty solid. I can see why manga readers love this arc, and we've just begun it.

Now, let's speak technically:the art and animation.
I loved it! I see they are bringing back the more dynamic lineart of previous seasons and there were quite a few really well-drawn shots. As for the animation it was mostly not anything amazing, except for that incredible Miruko vs Nomus shot, glorious sakuga, but other than that it was mostly just solid.

I gotta say we started off good.
Oct 1, 2022 3:21 AM
Apr 2022
Good start to the new season.
Oct 1, 2022 3:22 AM
Jun 2021
I love how anytime miruko is on screen the animation gets 10x better. Studio bones knows what we’re here for
Oct 1, 2022 3:23 AM
Feb 2020
Holy shit what an ep Mirko is the goat Aizawa slaps with ujiko amazing animation by bones im not fucking ready for the next week so happy to see this beauty 9/10 ep
Oct 1, 2022 3:26 AM
Sep 2021
THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE BONES FOR A FIRST EPISODE, NOT TOTAL FILLER.

BEST FIRST EPISODE IN THIS WHOLE SERIES.
Oct 1, 2022 3:27 AM
Jan 2020
I miss the best sport anime ever called "Love All Play". There's also no LycoReco and Engage Kiss today, this season sucks.
Oct 1, 2022 3:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay... heroes vs villains raid kind of arc now and so far it seems better than the previous season especially when it comes to fighting scenes like the whole Mirko hospital part looked good, but it's still only the first episode so we'll see if the other ones will keep this quality
Oct 1, 2022 3:33 AM

Apr 2021
season 6 ep1 is already better than the entirety of season 5

if you see this you are a cool person
Oct 1, 2022 3:38 AM

Jan 2022
This is certainly the best first episode of any MHA season. Although, that isn't really saying much since they have always been filler.

It was definitely a perfect adaptation of the chapters covered. It sets up the impending battle up quite well, and it also gets into the action nice and quickly.

Can't say much about the animation and direction which seems great so far. That said, the first half-dozen MHA episodes in every season are always a treat for the eyes, we will have to wait and pray that the quality stays consistent.

Past seasons have always prioritised the whimsical and jovial side of MHA, especially the School aspect. Often trying to lose the grit that made some of the few dark moments great in the source material (I'm looking at you My Villain Academia). So I hope BONES doesn't try to soften some of the source material's grittiness especially in an arc which acts as a tonal turning point where the series can't exactly turn back to it's whimsical roots.

The mid episode title screens seem more dynamic. The episode title cards are unexpectedly foreboding. The next episode teaser has an appropriately foreboding tone and OST. The OP has far more passion and style inserted into it than any MHA OP in the last two seasons (Starmaker might be an exception). The ED is probably the best MHA ending so far, feeling tonally appropriate to the events which are about to take place while also looking quite well directed.

All these aspects gives me hope that BONES will give this arc the adaptation it deserves. If there was any time for My Hero Academia to rise itself out of being the punching bag of the anime community it would be this season.

~ There is going to be an exponential increase in Mirko fanart and ๐’ซ๐’ช๐‘…๐’ฉ. I can sense it. ~
HorseManPersonOct 1, 2022 3:58 AM

๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ซ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ

Oct 1, 2022 3:45 AM

Jun 2014
See how much better it is when you start the season right off the bat with the action, Bones? Thank god they didn't do another pointless bs filler for the premiere, literally just for that they're already off to a good start. I guess they understand how much anticipation this arc has had amongst the fandom so yea, please don't fuck it up like you did MVA.

We jump right into the action and things are looking good so far. As someone above already said, this episode by itself was better than all of that atrocious and abysmal 5th season (low bar there though, lol). And yes animators, please keep showing love to our favorite thick thighs bunny waifu ๐Ÿ˜ฉ they know what the people want.

OP and ED are aight, the OP visuals are really cool ngl, but I'm not sold on the song. I do, however, really fuck with the new designs for the mid-episode eyecatchers, along with the more ominous nature of the episode title card and next episode preview. Very good first impression, and it should only get better from here (key word: should).
thebrentinator24Oct 1, 2022 3:57 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 1, 2022 3:48 AM
Sep 2015
The first episode sets the tone of this season pretty clear that "we mean business", no playing around anymore. But as a fan of the slice-of-life side of the MHA, the atmosphere is too heavy for me (I giggle a little bit at hospital evacuation scene, those patients are so excited to meet their favorite heroes). Well, at least Endeavor is as hot as ever.
Oct 1, 2022 3:49 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great first episode. Got me super hype and keen for what's next.

The evil doctor totally looks like the doctor who told Deku he doesn't have a quirk as a kid lol. I'm surprised I haven't thought of this before.

Bunny girl is hot as!!! Hahaha
Oct 1, 2022 3:53 AM

Oct 2017
Mirko hype, she's hot.
Oct 1, 2022 3:55 AM

Sep 2013
A great and heavy start after a slow season, guess the hype is back please don't disappoint
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 1, 2022 4:02 AM
Jul 2021
pretty cool 5/5 1st ep and i guess some characters voices are now deep? cool
Oct 1, 2022 4:07 AM
Jan 2021
Everyone else : Hyped
Me who hasn't finished season 5: ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘๏ธ
Oct 1, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2021
I'm really glad they didn't do a recap for this first episode.
Oct 1, 2022 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
Lot of action in the first episode of season 6. I hope that Aizawa and President Mic get caught up in a revenge against this doctor.
Oct 1, 2022 4:17 AM

Nov 2016
Legs I wouldn't mind getting crushed by ngl

Let's go Mirko, let's go S6 hype!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 1, 2022 4:18 AM
Apr 2022
Got goosebumps after watching Aizawa.
Oct 1, 2022 4:19 AM
Apr 2022
i liked the pacing..
that's it
Oct 1, 2022 4:20 AM

Jul 2021
Exited to see what's gonna happen afterwards with Mirko.
Oct 1, 2022 4:22 AM
May 2022
I'm glad it's finally out. Was also glad it went straight to the first episode instead of a recap or filler. First episode was okay but not enough to hype me up but I sure have my hopes up for this season and hoping it will not disappoint me in the end. I really missed MHA.
Oct 1, 2022 4:25 AM
Jun 2019
Damn Mirko really came in with those thighs.
Oct 1, 2022 4:39 AM
Jun 2017
lets go... looking forward to this MHA arc...
Oct 1, 2022 4:45 AM

Dec 2020
Its back and first the OP and ED are really mha like i like it.
Good to see mirko more on the screen so hawks mission has gathered important infos.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Oct 1, 2022 4:45 AM
Aug 2022
It got started and ended like a speeding train.
Oct 1, 2022 4:46 AM

Nov 2013
damn, that's an hype 1st episode lol

Mirko seems funny, hope next episode shows her well
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 1, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2020
Insane first episode. Straight into the action and it is immediately fire. So excited to see how this war turns out.
Oct 1, 2022 4:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mirko SZN will finally be upon us next week!!!!! PLEASE LET IT HAVE GREAT ANIMATION BONES
Oct 1, 2022 4:52 AM

Apr 2021
MHA's back!!!! And the war's already begun!!! Of course not everything went the way the heroes were expecting it to go. They have to fight now!! Also it was good seeing Deku and the rest of Class A. I can't wait to watch the rest of the season!!! I'm looking forward to see how the story goes from here!!!
Oct 1, 2022 4:54 AM

Apr 2016
fire start. the season gonna be amazing

Oct 1, 2022 5:05 AM

Jan 2009
they added some fillers scenes i think

but Mirko being badass in the end though
Oct 1, 2022 5:05 AM
Jul 2022
glad to see it back, it started out pretty great, I hope they keep it up
Oct 1, 2022 5:09 AM
May 2022
Episodio "vuoto" ma bello
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stripes - Mar 11, 2023

295 by brulau »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

223 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Yesterday, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

143 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

173 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Yesterday, 10:25 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.