Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
This feels more like a survival battle.

Their opponent has some powerful armor and Ushio knows they can't beat him normally. Seriously though, Karikiri is a freak of nature so good riddance. Shinpei, Ryunosuke, and Ushio are all MVPs this episode for their determination and teamwork.

Sep 22, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
The animation in this episode is kinda lame, but finally everything is over. So chill last episode next week..
Sep 22, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2022
Stark700 said:
This feels more like a survival battle.

Their opponent has some powerful armor and Ushio knows they can't beat him normally. Seriously though, Karikiri is a freak of nature so good riddance. Shinpei, Ryunosuke, and Ushio are all MVPs this episode for their determination and teamwork.

were we can watch ep24 of summertime rendering
Sep 22, 2022 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Well, if Ushio can rewrite events and Haine never became a shadow from the whale...doesn't that technically mean that everyone will be alive and well? Hmm...otherwise, I'm not understanding the significance of erasing the whale if it were a separate timeline or something.

Edit: I gave it some thought and decided this has to be the logical conclusion. It's explained in previous episodes that the timelines branch out when Shinpei time travels and changes the events of the past (a classic time travel theory). If this is the theory that the writer wants to stick with, then there should only be a single timeline that contains the event in which Haine sees the whale. Then a new timeline would branch off since Ushio destroyed the whale. So Ushio can transport Shinpei and others to that new timeline where the whale is already killed.

Ofc, ignoring the domino effect and the usual time paradoxes.
KitogeSep 22, 2022 4:55 PM
Sep 22, 2022 4:57 PM

May 2019
That's gonna be one of the longest 2 minute ordeals I've seen. Of course, it's not the longest since that's a common trope nowadays.

Welp, after Ushio fell from the sky of battle, it's all telling that this is a critical situation, all the more emphasized by the intense xylophone playing. Moreover, Ushio is pretty much a handicap as she really can't fight due to a slow recovery process. After that rather long dialogue, it's back to action with—technically—Ryuunosuke against Shide, with both sides constantly changing their weapons from the aid of their respective supporting characters and the additional dialogue mind games from the latter. As Hiruko is no longer overpowered after separating from Haine's body in the previous episode, it's hard not to hear her many cries of despair and pain from such control; it's been repeatedly and undoubtedly true that Shide is sapping Hiruko's potential for his personal gain. On the other hand, Shinpei's body is just taking a rough beating through all that fighting, but not to worry, a simple flashback of Hizuru will probably help to change the situation.

I must say, the action animation was a bit on and off at times for me this episode, especially when the animation dipped into poor quality for a couple seconds along with a rather slow pacing in the latter half. While the production team rather amazed us in previous fight scenes, this one seemed to have less effort put in than before. But apart from that, there's the usual presumptuous attitude from both of them, specifically with the line "The fact this eye's mine means the conclusion has already been determined." Also, I kind of appreciate the presence of dialogue tricks to trip up the mind and enforcing critical thinking since, innately, the viewer is pressed on the current situation and acts on impulse; this greatly contributes to a character's intelligence and admiration.

While this was, admittedly, a weaker episode in terms of animation, the plot slightly made up for it and didn't affect my enjoyment of the series overall, even getting a bit emotional at some points with the aid of ED2. Anywho, we'll have to wait and see how this will all be wrapped up as the plot is transported back to the beginning, and I'll probably be bracing myself for whatever last-minute plot twists they pull.

"After all, the final boss' gotta have a fighting chance."
Sep 22, 2022 5:23 PM

May 2016
lol that looked like some shitty plot no jutsu at the end.
Changing history but doesn't actually change history and bring ushio back?
Sep 22, 2022 6:20 PM

May 2015
A great final fight that was. They finally beat Shide and his dream of seeing the end of the world by ending the world will never be rendered reality. A lot was lost in that fight, but it seems that we get one more loop at the very end! Excited to see how it all wraps up.
Sep 22, 2022 6:26 PM

Nov 2011
I think the music used during the fight could have been better. But damn when you thought they had Shide AGAIN he turns the tables on Ryuunosuke.

But they finally deliver in the end with the Whale, Haine, Ryuunosuke erased and Ushio basically becoming a god.

All for Shinpei to relive in those glorious tits all over again LOL.

Should be a nice comforting finale for once.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 22, 2022 6:32 PM
Jan 2020
tetrix1993 said:
The animation in this episode is kinda lame, but finally everything is over. So chill last episode next week..
your kinda tripping lmao. the animation was great the best ep for that was obviously 15 but like. i dont see how this was bad definitely it was good
Sep 22, 2022 6:40 PM

Mar 2020
And... we're back on the ferry where it all began, though I'm not sure how to think about how this episode ended. Need some time to digest it. I think production wise, probably one of the best since Episode 15, and it had me a bit emotional. I loved the acoustic version of the ED by Riria too, sounded really good..

Onto the finale! It should be a calmer episode.
Sep 22, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2021
Me during the whole runtime:
That's not how dialogues work.
Thats not how animation works.
That's not how media works.
That's NOT how time works.
Sep 22, 2022 7:03 PM

Feb 2019
Final fight was awesome. OST wasn’t the best, I would’ve liked to have had the first OP instead of the second playing during the climax tho.

I knew Haine would be key in beating shide ever since they started sowing seeds of doubt between she and Shide several episodes ago. The odds were just too stacked against Shinpei and co.

That said, I think it’s very fitting that it ended up being regular Shinpei(with a little force pull from Haine), not a shadow or super powered version of Shinpei, but a normal human who takes down Shide. Seeing that cocky smirk turn into despair was so satisfying.

I’m interested in how things will wrap up next week since the climax is already over. Said ever since she died that no way hizuru is gone fr so I’m guessing we’ll get a happy ending with everyone together and alive. Just wanna see my baby mio happy

When ushio said it had been a crazy 3 days it was a wtf moment. Funny to think all the events have taken place within 3 days
Marinate1016Sep 22, 2022 7:08 PM
Sep 22, 2022 7:06 PM
May 2020
you can transcend time, completely rewrite reality, and even kill gods with this power. But you can't just not die???
Sep 22, 2022 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
the best series i've seen this year, after next weeks episode. there will be no more summertime rendering
Sep 22, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2021
Shinpei's journey is finally over. Shide has been defeated and vanished along with Haine, Hiruko and Ryuunosuke. Shinpei then got transported back to the beggining of Summer, which is the start of the series where he travelling on the boat back to the island. With that conclusion, the next episode is gonna be a chill one.
Sep 22, 2022 7:09 PM

Aug 2011
I love how throughout the whole anime Shinpei was able to spend time with Ushio
Sep 22, 2022 7:11 PM
Mar 2022
"This is a place where time dosen't work"

Ushio: wait guys, i need TWO (2) MINUTES TO ASSPULL OUR VICTORY OK??? TWO (2) MINUTES GOT IT?!!?!?!?
Sep 22, 2022 7:18 PM

Sep 2019
So this is the end of a wild emotional rollercoaster, huh? I enjoyed the show, but everything seems too convenient to me.

Anyway, here's hoping for a satisfying conclusion to this exciting show that I've been anticipating every week for the past 20+ weeks.
Sep 22, 2022 7:21 PM

Oct 2017
Finally they defeated Shide and even erased everything from the begining. We are back to where it all started, Shinpei waking up in Nagumo sensei's oppais.
Sep 22, 2022 7:44 PM

Oct 2011
Can't believe next episode is the last one 😭
Sep 22, 2022 8:06 PM
Dec 2021
Incredible. Such a complex and well-written show.
Sep 22, 2022 8:11 PM
May 2017
tetrix1993 said:

nah the animation is decent

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
lol that looked like some shitty plot no jutsu at the end.
Changing history but doesn't actually change history and bring ushio back?

no cuz you didnt understand the explainations in the past episodes different timelines exists this is like Steins;Gate all over again

KP_SENSEI said:

wrong because Thats NOT how to critique an anime episode WORKS

this episode is 8/10 for me what an way to end a battle

Sep 22, 2022 8:27 PM
Feb 2021
meu amigo... nem dá pra descrever
Sep 22, 2022 8:57 PM

Feb 2014
I have no words to describe how wonderful this anime is. It's on the same level as Steins;Gate at least.

Just one more episode for my misfortune. I hope one day this anime gets the reception it deserves.
Sep 22, 2022 8:59 PM
Jan 2021
TIME TRAVEL BABY!!!!
Sep 22, 2022 9:18 PM
Apr 2019
godavid10 said:
I have no words to describe how wonderful this anime is. It's on the same level as Steins;Gate at least.

Just one more episode for my misfortune. I hope one day this anime gets the reception it deserves.

LOL I’m sorry but this is not on the same level as Steins; Gate. SG had way better and more enjoyable characters and once the chaos started in there it never ended until the finale. 2nd half of SG is absolutely amazing. Render had its ups and downs throughout the entire season and the final fight was cool to watch but the convenience of Ushio moving the gun closer to Shinpei is what makes this a Shonen, whereas SG is not. I have to see how the finale wraps up the story for this but I doubt it’ll be as bittersweet as Steins Gate finale.
Sep 22, 2022 9:48 PM
Apr 2022
KP_SENSEI said:

you won't enjoy a shit if you keep on judging the flaws instead of enjoying it

p.s. - though there were hardly any flaws
Sep 22, 2022 10:09 PM
Jan 2019
bruh i almost cried
Sep 22, 2022 10:17 PM

May 2020
Show lost its charm the moment they went full battle shounen. I know a super happy ending awaiting us next time, well that's fine in its own accord.
Sep 22, 2022 10:19 PM
Dec 2020
Greatest of all time. Zenith of the medium. Hallmark of media. Gold standard of storytelling. Apogee of creativity. Vertex of invention. Crest of ingenuity. Acme of imagination. Pinnacle of innovation. Epic of epics. Legend among legends. Peak fiction.
Sep 22, 2022 10:25 PM
Apr 2019
hypexleaks said:
the best series i've seen this year, after next weeks episode. there will be no more summertime rendering

for me too the history really make me watch , that's a good ending
Sep 22, 2022 10:32 PM
Aug 2013
I am still confused about the seed thing....

So Ushio got the eye because she is originally part of Haine ... how did she give Shinpei the looping eye?

Also why did Shinpei's eye return to him when they tried to take it?

Last thing, how did Shide travel to the realm of shadows or whatever? It seemed random to me.

I didn't like the part where they went to the realm of shadows -- I think just killing Haine would have been better
Sep 22, 2022 10:38 PM
Jul 2017
tetrix1993 said:

Um did we watch the same episode? I don’t think we did because the animation was great.
Sep 22, 2022 11:13 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
💀💀 this might just be one of the most (if not the most) ridiculous and nonsensical episodes i've ever watched... I'm speechless

Sep 22, 2022 11:20 PM

Dec 2020
Treasuure said:
godavid10 said:

LOL I’m sorry but this is not on the same level as Steins; Gate. SG had way better and more enjoyable characters and once the chaos started in there it never ended until the finale. 2nd half of SG is absolutely amazing. Render had its ups and downs throughout the entire season and the final fight was cool to watch but the convenience of Ushio moving the gun closer to Shinpei is what makes this a Shonen, whereas SG is not. I have to see how the finale wraps up the story for this but I doubt it’ll be as bittersweet as Steins Gate finale.

Ushio didnt moved the gun tho, it was haine
Sep 22, 2022 11:23 PM

Dec 2020
Animation was good not bad at all but I am still confused with the all the time travel stuff. Waiting for the final ep to give my full opinion on this anime.
Sep 22, 2022 11:57 PM
Aug 2021
amei mais tambem to triste ta acabando
Sep 22, 2022 11:58 PM

Feb 2020
i can't believe next week is the last episode, i can't wait to see the final conclusion to this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2022 12:17 AM
Oct 2021
Amazing plot twist and a big cliff hanger.
Sep 23, 2022 12:18 AM
Oct 2020
i've seen this kind of semi-ending episode trope before but its alright tho
Sep 23, 2022 12:37 AM

Oct 2017
Yep , this is gonna be the anime of the year hands down.
I dont think any other anime of this year can beats it.
Made in Abyss S2 is great, but not Summertime Render great.

This is such a touching and satisfying ending.
Sep 23, 2022 12:39 AM

Oct 2017
tetrix1993 said:

Just becuz they have to slow down the motion in order to fit all the dialogues to in for the audience to digest doesn't mean animation is bad.
They cant keep the speed while Shinpei is just a normal human sot they have to just slow down the time so the dialogues can fit in time.
Sep 23, 2022 12:40 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ushio isn't in a good condiiton and can't fight anymore. Shinpei suggests to Ryuunosuke to perhaps possess his armour but it would be too risky.
Ushio comes up with a plan though she will need them to buy around 2 minutes of time...
A bullet heads straight for Ryuunosuke and he dodges it but then his hand is cut off!
But Shinpei says not to give up and he will shoot the hacking shell!
Ryuunosuke is now trying to hack into Shide's armour and he is holding him in place.
Shinpei isn't in good health now though and nearly passes out!
But he bears the pain after hearing Ushio's voice.
Though Shide brushes off Ryuunosuke...
It seems Hizuru tried the same strategy against Shide and he knew how to deal with it this time...
Shinpei's body is starting to fall apart!
Shinpei rushes over to the shotgun after Shide coincidentally talks about destroying the world for 2 minutes xD.
He reaches the gun because of Haine's help!
Then he dodges Shide's attack and shoots him!
Finally, Shide has been killed!
Ushio hugs Hiruko...but then when she tries to kill her, they are all teleported to the whale that started it all!
Even Ryuunosuke is back in his own body.
They are 300 years in the past...
Ryuunosuke tries to stop Haine but can't. Though when Shinpei stops her an she runs off thinking a ghost was touching her lol.
Ushio erases the whale...And Hiruko and Haine now dissappear...
'Ryuunosuke, if I'm reborn can we be friends again?'
But now Ushio has to go also. Shinpei wants to go with her but she tells him he has to go back.
'Cause at the very end, everyone's waiting for ya. And I am too!'
Shinpei is now in the same situation he was at the start.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 23, 2022 12:45 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 23, 2022 1:35 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Loved this episode quite a bit, but is it ok if I just put my thoughts and confusion here real quick? Thanks.

As of recent episodes I've been having little to no idea as to how things are happening or how any of this works, especially for this episode. But I guess all that we really need to know is that they defeated the big baddie, they travelled back in time somehow to the incident that started it all (memory is kind of foggy on what the backstory was on that, I do remember it involving that whale somehow though), in which Ushio uses her hacking powers (how does she have hacking powers again?) to delete the whale from existence and thus erasing from the past any existence of shadows on the island I guess. What Shinpei did himself might've been enough though, as he was able to change the past by grabbing Haine/Hiruko's (who IS THIS PERSON??) hand and thus scaring her and sending her away from the whale. And Shinpei and Ushio both can alter the past thanks to the EYE (speaking of which, what IS IT, how do they BOTH HAVE IT, and what does it EVEN DO??), which is how they are able to fix everything after conveniently teleporting to the place where it all started; because someone (Shide, Haine, idfk) set the exit of that PLACE (whatever it was) to be there. Anyway all shadows start disappearing (or moving to some other realm idk), but Ushio is still hanging around in a sense. Somehow she retains the power to time travel and change the past, as that's what she's doing I think. Looks like she's going through these past few days/weeks and fixing everything so that Shinpei has a better life, I think. Also what is that baby where did it come from and how is that supposed to be Haine/Hiruko?? Welp, even if I really didn't get how any of this worked, at least I can come away with the one thing I am confident about and that is Shide and his cliché villain motivations of wanting to destroy the entire world.

Ok clearly I need to re-watch this. Which I will eventually; this is one of those anime that demands a re-watch. It's been slightly brutal with having a hardcore cliffhanger at the end of almost every episode. To watch it all again straight through is bound to be a great experience.

I understand almost none of the specifics and small technicalities, but it's ok I'm not that dumb that I don't get the gist of it- this episode did kind of get me in the feels after all. That said though, even though they've been fighting this seemingly endless, relentless battle from episode to episode, does this ending feel just a LITTLE bit rushed to anyone? Well it's probably no big deal because the last episode will be sure to smooth things out and tie this up nicely.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 23, 2022 2:04 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
BetaMaleUltra said:
Also what is that baby where did it come from and how is that supposed to be Haine/Hiruko??

That baby is just Hiruko, not Haine (Haine is the white haired girl), that girl we were seeing the whole time since the start (the evil one I mean) was like a combo of both of them cause we saw that she had the hungry part (Hiruko) and the innocent kid is just Haine. They split in two again in last episode or the one before that idk. Why it's represented as a baby no idea lol most likely to represent that Hiruko is at its weakest point almost dying. But this episode was a mess imo

Sep 23, 2022 2:51 AM
Mar 2021
it was awesome Shinpei and Ushio<3
Sep 23, 2022 3:58 AM
Oct 2021
Masterpiece for me still will vary person to person, it has romance, sci-fi ,action, sadness a full packed show for me. Loved every sec for it every 22mins episode went like it was a 2mins episode.
Sep 23, 2022 4:05 AM
Jan 2021
fantastic final battle with Shide and everything wrapped up nicely. would have been better if Shinpei died as it would have been wayyyyy more impactful
Sep 23, 2022 4:06 AM
Jan 2021
Trying to wrap my head around what just happened but looking forward for to see how this wraps up because he still has the eye
Sep 23, 2022 4:33 AM
Dec 2020
i like their fight, the villain. Shinpei and Ushio shadow farewell is makes my eyes wet
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
Yesterday, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.