Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 9, 2022 12:25 AM
Jun 2017
Fail_Man_X said:
caioworld said:
I know this was most certainly answered already in discussions but help an anime-only out. Ymir did have the power to fight back against King Fritz and could easily kill the people that turned her in if she wanted, but why serve Fritz, have his kids, fight for him and sacrifice her life for him in the end? Why start a 2000 years cycle of disgrace for simply not stand up for herself?

I'm not watching the series, but that sounds a lot like love to me...

It's not love, it's Stockholm Syndrome.
King Fritz abused her powers, treated her as slave that even after 2000 years she was still a slave to those of Royal Blood.
it's hard to understand if you aren't following the series
Feb 9, 2022 12:42 AM

Dec 2020
@caioworld
After ymir became titan even if she went berserk she would have no where to go and moreover she was a slave so she had mentality of slave she can't make her own decisions so that's why she returned to fritz. But before reading the ending i had one question why did she remained to serve fritz even in after life. And the reason was soo Terrible and ridiculous in the end I can't help but laugh. It made ymir the dumbest Character in fiction. It just ruins her character COMPLETELY. Her decision to come back to fritz became stupid due to the ending. She caused 2000 years of suffering for a ridiculous reason.
HeadpattsFeb 9, 2022 12:46 AM
Feb 9, 2022 3:12 AM
Feb 2021
spectrojan said:
caioworld said:
I know this was most certainly answered already in discussions but help an anime-only out. Ymir did have the power to fight back against King Fritz and could easily kill the people that turned her in if she wanted, but why serve Fritz, have his kids, fight for him and sacrifice her life for him in the end? Why start a 2000 years cycle of disgrace for simply not stand up for herself?

born a slave live a slave die a slave
A man of few words a I see
Feb 9, 2022 3:20 AM
Feb 2013
Questions like this make me realise that some ppl really just don't understand what they are watching. Everything is crystal clear here, and yet you don't understand. And I wonder why ppl dont understand the ending, while they dont even understand simple things like this
Feb 9, 2022 3:27 AM
Feb 2013
Mooprs said:
JJ_jose said:
It's like this fandom has either never heard of Stockholm syndrome or refuse to believe it's a real and serious thing. Christ people it's obvious as fuck and is thrown right in your face

yeah she must have really
the mental gymnastics go strong

Sounds to me like you just don't get how complex emotions can be. You have all kinds of toxic love, addictions to partner who treats you like shit, because your Self-Esteem is shit as well. Many people stays in such horrible relationships because they don't know how to escape. Perhaps you just need to experience something like that to fully understand, but I don't wish you any of that. It can easily destroy anyone.
Feb 9, 2022 3:27 AM
Apr 2016
I mean in my book she is contending with Kaguya as the worst character ever created.
Feb 9, 2022 4:12 AM

Jul 2021
Because it is dogshit trash laziness stupidity written to make the circumstances are reasonable with the plot.
𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 "𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱" 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀𝘁
Feb 9, 2022 4:41 AM

Feb 2020
Manga said
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 9, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2012
Because she loves king fritz. And "only ymir knows". Great writing sasuga isayama.

All the character development of Eren breaking her free and stuff were thrown away to the trash with that ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2022 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
Ymir and Fritz relationship seems to me similar as Theon and Ramsay relation from Game of Thrones
Feb 9, 2022 5:57 AM

Jan 2017
I'm more curious on whoever portrayed Ymir to be someone amazing in her biography that Historia was reading.

Who the hell wants to be like Ymir!!
It's like your man is a wife-beater so just endure it and give him kids.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Feb 9, 2022 8:46 AM

Dec 2015
this will be answered in the end. some people will not like the reason but they just do not understand the reality and humanity behind it, as tragic as it is. i think the way the story ended was the best way possible and the most real.
Feb 9, 2022 9:02 AM

Feb 2020
she is not stupid, she is ill. and doesn't know it any better.

a slave in life.
a slave in death.
a slave to all eternity.
Feb 9, 2022 10:50 AM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

Sounds to me like you just don't get how complex emotions can be. You have all kinds of toxic love, addictions to partner who treats you like shit, because your Self-Esteem is shit as well. Many people stays in such horrible relationships because they don't know how to escape. Perhaps you just need to experience something like that to fully understand, but I don't wish you any of that. It can easily destroy anyone.

I think you're making the story deeper than it actually is and ultimately coping pretty hard. It's almost like 1 random dude jokingly said "Stockholm syndrome lol" and now everyone is eating it up and acting intelligent about it. Much like you here. If you love someone enough to be a
then it's not just going to break in 20minutes. Ymir is effectively a lazy written plot device to give glory to the protagonist.

Also to those saying that it's not love.

Idk how coping can get this bad, everyone suddenly acting like a psychiatrist is almost funny
Feb 9, 2022 11:45 AM
Jun 2020
caioworld said:

I know that sounds completely stupid but I think Ymir truly loved him, even if that would be crazy. Ymir couldn‘t be free, her love to the king made her a slave.
Feb 9, 2022 1:14 PM
Feb 2013
Mooprs said:
Akilis93 said:

I think you're making the story deeper than it actually is and ultimately coping pretty hard. It's almost like 1 random dude jokingly said "Stockholm syndrome lol" and now everyone is eating it up and acting intelligent about it. Much like you here. If you love someone enough to be a
then it's not just going to break in 20minutes. Ymir is effectively a lazy written plot device to give glory to the protagonist.

Idk how coping can get this bad, everyone suddenly acting like a psychiatrist is almost funny

You don't have to be a plumber to know when pipe leaks, and you don't have to be a psychiatrist to see some obvious things. The reason many people keep saying it's stockholm syndrome is quite simple - because it is. If someone doesn't see that grass is green, then other will try to explain that it is, nothing surprising here.
By the way, you know how Avalanche can happen, right? Sometimes one little thing can trigger something much much bigger. Just saying, that it happens. Whether or not you like something like that is different story. You can deny Avalanche as well as Eren triggering Ymir, your choice.
Feb 9, 2022 1:18 PM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

You don't have to be a plumber to know when pipe leaks, and you don't have to be a psychiatrist to see some obvious things. The reason many people keep saying it's stockholm syndrome is quite simple - because it is. If someone doesn't see that grass is green, then other will try to explain that it is, nothing surprising here.
By the way, you know how Avalanche can happen, right? Sometimes one little thing can trigger something much much bigger. Just saying, that it happens. Whether or not you like something like that is different story. You can deny Avalanche as well as Eren triggering Ymir, your choice.

Idk man it seems like a lot of mental gymnastics to come up with something that the author didn't say. If emotions are as complex as you say, so much so I can't understand its complexity, that makes your argument kind of pathetic
Feb 9, 2022 1:31 PM

Feb 2017
only ymir knows.

jokes aside, nothing really matters anymore, the ending is garbage tier writing anyway, the writer does not care about it, why should we.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 9, 2022 1:47 PM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

It also seems like you don't fully understand what stockholm syndrome is to begin with. Here's a comment from a reddit user(BATCHEST!!!) kind of venting about the delusional concept of love in the AOT fanbase.

Stockholm syndrome is a very rare case that does not happen in situations such as these. Even if it did, the events that take place in episode 5 are quite contradictory to that concept. But keep acting like your intelligence or knowledge of human emotions is superior to everyone here.
Feb 9, 2022 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
snarat said:
this will be answered in the end. some people will not like the reason but they just do not understand the reality and humanity behind it, as tragic as it is. i think the way the story ended was the best way possible and the most real.
Ah yes, those that didn't like it simply didn't understand the reality and humanity of it. Thank you, oh great one.
Feb 9, 2022 3:41 PM
May 2019
evoniee said:
only ymir knows.

jokes aside, nothing really matters anymore, the ending is garbage tier writing anyway, the writer does not care about it, why should we.

nah
it just we who doesn't pay attention to the info dropped in the last chapter.

"only Ymir knows"

is referring to why ymir waiting for "that person"
and explained later in the last page
Feb 9, 2022 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
caioworld said:
she was, what, 10 at the time she become a Titan? Cmon…
Feb 9, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2015
Hiro4ka11 said:
nah
it just we who doesn't pay attention to the info dropped in the last chapter.

"only Ymir knows"

is referring to why ymir waiting for "that person"
and explained later in the last page
you enlightened me. Now i change my manga score from 6 to 9.
Feb 9, 2022 4:53 PM

May 2009
NEMESIS95 said:
I'm guessing if it's becouse she was born a slave ?

She wasn't, she was enslaved as a child when eldian-barbarians conquered her hometown. Did you speedwatch or what? Blindness?
Feb 9, 2022 6:57 PM

Jul 2019
She's ignorant, born a slave, what did you expect

She's a pitiful character with nothing interesting about her and she's not to blame for the chaos because she was used. She chose her own death and Fritz caused the titan's curse because he's the real dick.

The fact that a dude with 5 minutes of screentime caused this whole mess is more annoying than Ymir being dumb
Feb 9, 2022 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
Ymir's "reason" for doing anything in this show was the worst thing to come out of SnK.

I thought it was a joke the first time I read it, and I don't care how many essays people write about the grand meaning about it all, I refuse to accept that it makes sense. Don't even get me started on the Stockholm Syndrome bullshit. It's so bad and out of place.
Feb 10, 2022 12:52 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, people here saying emotions can't be complex😇
✈️
Feb 10, 2022 1:06 AM

Nov 2020
SenbeiPan said:
JJ_jose said:
I'm avoiding it as I'm waiting to re experience it again in the anime for a clearer opinion, thank you. I'm speaking clearly form an anime only side since you know, these aren't manga discussions are they?

If you are "speaking clearly form an anime only side" why did you bring up the Stockholm Syndrome? There was no traces of that "syndrome" in the episode 5. Only a backstory with bunch of emotionless face, then the angry face of a tortured girl.
Roger1 said:
JJ_jose said:
nearly every person that I've watched this episode with, a long with reactions, discussions, have all come to the conclusion that it is Stockholm syndrome as all the evidence points towards that. What else would it be other than that? If I'm correct, I don't remember the manga ever directly saying it was Stockholm syndrome so I don't see how me reading the manga has anything to do with it

Lol you’ll only know about the stockholm cope if you’ve read the manga xD why lie on an anime forum lmao hahaha you’re telling me you thought of stockholm syndrom just from episode 5? HAHAHHAHA
Not really I got it and many in the anime episode discussion got and many anime only reactors got it. Its pretty easy observation IMO

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Feb 10, 2022 1:36 AM
Mar 2018
Wow, people here saying emotions can't be exaggerated😇
Feb 10, 2022 2:04 AM

Oct 2010
you can always try to watch the episode again, it appears to me that you don't understand what's the deal with Ymir-sama, I would have loved to explain it to you but it's not that complicated
Feb 10, 2022 2:04 AM
Nov 2020
adnan_ said:
SenbeiPan said:

If you are "speaking clearly form an anime only side" why did you bring up the Stockholm Syndrome? There was no traces of that "syndrome" in the episode 5. Only a backstory with bunch of emotionless face, then the angry face of a tortured girl.
Roger1 said:

Lol you’ll only know about the stockholm cope if you’ve read the manga xD why lie on an anime forum lmao hahaha you’re telling me you thought of stockholm syndrom just from episode 5? HAHAHHAHA
Not really I got it and many in the anime episode discussion got and many anime only reactors got it. Its pretty easy observation IMO

Bruh the ending’s been out for months obviously you’ve been spoiled xD you also rated the manga 10/10 LMAO Aot fans really coping hard hahahaha
Roger1Feb 10, 2022 2:08 AM
Feb 10, 2022 6:14 AM
Nov 2017
Her reasons are explained later but she remain a very poor written plot device
Feb 10, 2022 7:47 AM
Jan 2021
JJ_jose said:
It's like this fandom has either never heard of Stockholm syndrome or refuse to believe it's a real and serious thing. Christ people it's obvious as fuck and is thrown right in your face
if you don't know the meaning of Stockholm syndrome then don't use it baka. Stockholm syndrome is only shown when the abuser/kidnapper shows some kind of love towards you. Now tell me when did the king actually showed some kind of love here?
Feb 10, 2022 12:40 PM
Jul 2021
ABISHEKuabishek said:
JJ_jose said:
if you don't know the meaning of Stockholm syndrome then don't use it baka. Stockholm syndrome is only shown when the abuser/kidnapper shows some kind of love towards you. Now tell me when did the king actually showed some kind of love here?

he gave her his "seed" and had her children become one with her, DUH
Feb 10, 2022 2:49 PM
Feb 2013
Mooprs said:
Akilis93 said:

It also seems like you don't fully understand what stockholm syndrome is to begin with. Here's a comment from a reddit user(BATCHEST!!!) kind of venting about the delusional concept of love in the AOT fanbase.

Stockholm syndrome is a very rare case that does not happen in situations such as these. Even if it did, the events that take place in episode 5 are quite contradictory to that concept. But keep acting like your intelligence or knowledge of human emotions is superior to everyone here.

And when exactly did I say that I am superior to anyone in any way? XDD Because I said that someone doesnt understand one thing? You got a little carried away dude. But enough for me to see that we won't have any constructive dialogue. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean that this someone is acting superior to anyone.
You think I misunderstand, I think you don't understand. That's all from me.
Feb 10, 2022 3:29 PM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

And when exactly did I say that I am superior to anyone in any way? XDD Because I said that someone doesnt understand one thing? You got a little carried away dude. But enough for me to see that we won't have any constructive dialogue. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean that this someone is acting superior to anyone.

You're acting exactly like that. You are saying others are not educated as much as you. Don't play dumb.
Feb 10, 2022 3:33 PM
Feb 2013
Mooprs said:
Akilis93 said:

You're acting exactly like that. You are saying others are not educated as much as you. Don't play dumb.

What? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Ok XDDDDDDDD
Feb 10, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

WHAT? XDDDDDD OK XDDDD :DDDD
"It's like this fandom has either never heard of Stockholm syndrome or refuse to believe it's a real and serious thing. Christ people it's obvious as fuck and is thrown right in your face"

"Sounds to me like you just don't get how complex emotions can be. You have all kinds of toxic love, addictions to partner who treats you like shit, because your Self-Esteem is shit as well. Many people stays in such horrible relationships because they don't know how to escape. Perhaps you just need to experience something like that to fully understand, but I don't wish you any of that. It can easily destroy anyone."

this is what we call a superiority complex
Feb 10, 2022 3:54 PM
Feb 2013
Mooprs said:
Akilis93 said:

"It's like this fandom has either never heard of Stockholm syndrome or refuse to believe it's a real and serious thing. Christ people it's obvious as fuck and is thrown right in your face"

"Sounds to me like you just don't get how complex emotions can be. You have all kinds of toxic love, addictions to partner who treats you like shit, because your Self-Esteem is shit as well. Many people stays in such horrible relationships because they don't know how to escape. Perhaps you just need to experience something like that to fully understand, but I don't wish you any of that. It can easily destroy anyone."

No. This is what we call a reading comprehension problem. Or misunderstanding.
You can accuse me acting with superiority when I'll start saying thing like ' you don't understand because u are stupid and I understand because Im smarter than you" or something like that. What you quote above has nothing to do with superiority. First thing is disbelief (whether or not it's justified is a different story, but we won't come to agreement) and second quote is simply explaining my point of view, or, to be precise, some actual things. Becuase I hope you won't deny that there are a lot of toxic relationships on this world.
Hope I clarify you a little. And that was all you can get from me. I don't feel like I can have a normal conversation with you, so Im not gonna waste any more time here. Of course you can accuse me of running away because thats pretty common reaction here on mal, when someone decides to cease the conversation but let's be civilized.
Have a good day/night/whatever you have at your end.
Feb 10, 2022 3:58 PM
Jul 2021
Akilis93 said:
Mooprs said:

No. This is what we call a reading comprehension problem. Or misunderstanding.
You can accuse me acting with superiority when I'll start saying thing like ' you don't understand because u are stupid and I understand because Im smarter than you" or something like that. What you quote above has nothing to do with superiority. First thing is disbelief (whether or not it's justified is a different story, but we won't come to agreement) and second quote is simply explaining my point of view, or, to be precise, some actual things. Becuase I hope you won't deny that there are a lot of toxic relationships on this world.
Hope I clarify you a little. And that was all you can get from me. I don't feel like I can have a normal conversation with you, so Im not gonna waste any more time here. Of course you can accuse me of running away because thats pretty common reaction here on mal, when someone decides to cease the conversation but let's be civilized.
Have a good day/night/whatever you have at your end.

Don't be so transparent. The quotes I gave are very obvious. I threw it at your face and you still don't get it!
Feb 10, 2022 5:45 PM

Feb 2016
Because she's a fucking clown.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 10, 2022 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
to me i found it very strange when she became a titan to just go serve the guy who basically ordered her death sentence

also, stockholm syndrome is a very poorly studied term but is very commonly used in fictional stories. im not even sure you can call this case that since its very difficult for the victim to connect with the abuser when they've enslaved an entire village.

the episode definitely tries to sell you the idea that this is a girl that wants approval and love but it just makes no sense she would give that to someone who literally ordered her to be killed off. there must be some other info that seem to already been in the manga so maybe we'll get to see more of it later on.

otherwise its a very poorly done origin story. im going to guess she eventually resorted back to a lil girl and the king showered her with affection for her to become loyal to him. that is a very plausible mindset to have.
TachiiFeb 10, 2022 7:34 PM
Feb 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Jan 2021
'Stockholm syndrome' exists ya know?
Feb 11, 2022 5:29 AM

Oct 2021
Oh well she obviously loves the guy who enslaved her for years am i right guys? :|
Yesterday, you were the defeated.

What have you become today?

Feb 11, 2022 5:41 AM

Feb 2020
Spektral_Beast said:
Oh well she obviously loves the guy who enslaved her for years am i right guys? :|

love is complicated some times.
Feb 11, 2022 7:43 AM

Feb 2015
DestroyrOfDemons said:
JJ_jose said:

Stockholm Syndrome is real but to base Ymir's entire character and personality on that one aspect is, in my opinion, a laziness in writing. She had the power and ability because of she is the origin of the Paths to foster an "Eren-like" character over the 2000 years but she didn't which leads me to believe her so-called Stockholm Syndrome must be pretty strong, right? So why does it take Eren only a few nice words to break out her of it? It seems there too many plot conveniences but I hope my questions will get answered in the future episodes. Thanks

That's because the entire story is filled to the brim with deus ex machinas and asspulls - Isayama is good at building up hype but really bad at delivering on it and having any form of coherent writing. A lot of AoT crumbles when analysed.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Feb 11, 2022 8:04 AM

Feb 2021
DestroyrOfDemons said:
JJ_jose said:

Stockholm Syndrome is real but to base Ymir's entire character and personality on that one aspect is, in my opinion, a laziness in writing. She had the power and ability because of she is the origin of the Paths to foster an "Eren-like" character over the 2000 years but she didn't which leads me to believe her so-called Stockholm Syndrome must be pretty strong, right? So why does it take Eren only a few nice words to break out her of it? It seems there too many plot conveniences but I hope my questions will get answered in the future episodes. Thanks

I acknowledge the 'lazy writing' but tbh it's cause Isayama had to fit all this shit into 139 chaps. If he had more chaps he could've explained these themes in a better manner. So I won't call it lazy writing.

Feb 11, 2022 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
caioworld said:

Paçoca com beterraba.
Feb 11, 2022 8:13 AM

Nov 2020
Roger1 said:
adnan_ said:

Bruh the ending’s been out for months obviously you’ve been spoiled xD you also rated the manga 10/10 LMAO Aot fans really coping hard hahahaha
Umm no I didn't even knew who was in the poster when it dropped lol. I have been reading only those chapters that have been adapted in anime. If u want proof. U can dig my past replies and comments.

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Feb 11, 2022 8:25 AM
Dec 2020
DeonX said:
DestroyrOfDemons said:

I acknowledge the 'lazy writing' but tbh it's cause Isayama had to fit all this shit into 139 chaps. If he had more chaps he could've explained these themes in a better manner. So I won't call it lazy writing.

Idk if I'm understanding this wrong but as the mangaka, Isayama chooses how many chapters there are. He didn't need to stop at 139 and cram all of it in like you say. He could've easily taken his time and created more chapters that's why I think it's lazy.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.