New
Sep 2, 2018 8:57 PM
May 2018
PoseurApr 12, 2019 2:52 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2018 9:04 PM

Apr 2018
People can rate however they want; I don't give a crap

You have a low mean score b/c you use a different rating scale, so IDK why you got shit over such a trivial thing. This is why people need to learn some math lol
Sep 2, 2018 9:08 PM

Jul 2016
People have different taste. As long as they're nice people.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Sep 2, 2018 9:09 PM

Mar 2015
>when i said lower, it's below 5.5
>low score mean you find it bad
>more than half of anything you watch is bad
>why the fuck you keep watching bad shows?
>are you stupid or what?

unless your fetish is masochist, hey, i don't kinkshame... again, i don't hate them personally... i just can't find any logical reasoning wasting time watching entertainment medium you don't enjoy...
KumaSep 2, 2018 9:14 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 2, 2018 9:10 PM

Apr 2018
ma-ma-ma-momma said that people that have a low mean score are the devil.

naw it's not wrong people just rate things differently that's all
Sep 2, 2018 9:11 PM
Aug 2016
1.61 Mean Score is still too high, my dude
Sep 2, 2018 9:14 PM

Oct 2017
the lower the average the score, the better the taste, get with the times people
Sep 2, 2018 9:18 PM

Apr 2018
ramaseta said:
the lower the average the score, the better the taste, get with the times people

Mine is lower than yours though, and I''m certain my taste is dogshit xd
Sep 2, 2018 9:21 PM

May 2009
Kerylon said:

You have a low mean score b/c you use a different rating scale, so IDK why you got shit over such a trivial thing. This is why people need to learn some math lol
This.

Also I have a mean score of 6.71. I wonder if that is considered low.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 2, 2018 9:21 PM

Sep 2016
A low score (<4 with less than 300-is shows) can mean 3 things:

1- The user doesn't know how to score.
2- Whoever has that score keeps watching bad shows for some reason.
3-They're just stupid.

You don't even have 200 and are under 2. What is wrong with you?
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Sep 2, 2018 9:26 PM

Apr 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Kerylon said:

This.

Also I have a mean score of 6.71. I wonder if that is considered low.

I think the global average is around 6.6(6)
Sep 2, 2018 9:27 PM

Aug 2014
In your case, having a low mean score in itself isn't the issue; it's the fact that you scored every single title (nearly 500) 5 or below.

Take a good, hard look at what these numbers are intended to mean.

SmugSatokoSep 2, 2018 9:30 PM
Sep 2, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2015
People who judge people based off of mean scores are a little weird, but I do have to question your rating system. Like I understand OVAs getting rated 1 since they're mostly incomplete and lack context but there's no way all of those full length series you gave 1s to are actually 1s. I haven't some of the stuff on your list though so I guess you could just have poor decisions in terms of anime you wanna watch. I'll fight you in regards to the DevilMan Crybaby rating though. I don't think it's remotely as good as your other 2s and even some 1s.

Honestly, what MAL needs is a rating scaler so people who rate anime on a 1-5 scale like yourself get their scores averaged out based on other people's scales and vice versa. I'm not a web designer but I feel like setting a mathematical algorithm for something like that isn't too difficult for MAL since it deals with constantly changing numbers on a minute by minute basis. If something like that gets made there would be less complaints about low mean scores like yours. Your mean score woul basically become a 3.2 which I find to be reasonable based on what's on your list.
Sep 2, 2018 9:29 PM
Jan 2018
To be honest, I find it weird that people who watch so much anime would have such a low score, especially one as low as yours, because I always think, "Do you even like anime? You must, since you've watched so much, but your mean score says otherwise." However, it's still leagues better than dropping half of everything you watch after one episode.

EDIT: I just looked at your list, and you just don't seem to understand the scoring system. It's out of 10 freaking rate your stuff like it is aaaahhh
Anime is trash and so am I
Sep 2, 2018 9:32 PM

Aug 2018
Stop watching things you know you'll dislike. I watched Konosuba fully knowing i would give it a low score. Was i stupid? Yeah.
Will i ever again watch an anime that i know from the get go i will completely dislike and/or hate? No, i care about my time.
I wouldnt bash on people with a low mean score but i would totally think on my inside (on my head) that they are really stupid. How after watching over a 100 shows can you still not have an idea of what the hell do you like so you can stop watching stuff you will hate? (not pointing that question at anyone im just trying to make a point and this is totally what i would think if i saw someone with a low mean score and a shit ton of shows watched).
In the end i would look down on people matching that description but i would never harass or try to annoy someone for it. That's dumb, a muda muda waste of time.
edit: Forget it i would totally harass you as well. You dont understand how the score system work, what a dummy.
CordobezEverdeenSep 2, 2018 9:41 PM
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 2, 2018 9:41 PM

Jul 2017
there is no right nor wrong
I dont even think pp should care about rating an anime at all
an anime represents a collection of ideas
and ideas are abstract and valueless
all one could do is giving comments whether positive or negative
Sep 2, 2018 9:45 PM

Dec 2017
This user said me he doesn't have respect for me cos my mean score is low.

send them this and laugh at them.

I'm serious. No respect because of a different scale? cmon.

blatantly stolen from r/target
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 2, 2018 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
of course not

I mean there are some individuals that I can't help to think are nothing but attention whores with it (lel mean score 2. something, 1 to everything but they favourites, and these get 9 because '10 doesn't exist' lmao), but generally low mean score doesn't mean much other than they rate bit differently and maybe have more specific tastes.
And really, finding anime bad doesn't equal to suffering and having such a bad time watching. IDK why people seem to think it's such a big deal to finish bad anime.
Sep 2, 2018 9:52 PM

Apr 2018
Yes, it's wrong. Especially if you rate any my favorites with a low score.

Serious answer:
No. It's not wrong.
Most of the time, people just come to their selfish conclusion based on what they know; even when they know nothing about the person they judge.
There's no such things as if you have a certain mean score means you must not enjoy or enjoy most of what you watch.
Sep 2, 2018 9:54 PM

Aug 2017
No, not at all. It just means you have standards
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2018 9:57 PM

Oct 2010
I bet some germans when they first visited the site started rating shows from 1 (highest) to 6 (lowest). That's why some people have a low mal mean score. And yes, it's sad and weird to critisize a guy for having low mean score.
Sep 2, 2018 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
In a broad sense people with exceptionally low mean scores often are cases of people trying to let's say "down vote" a bunch of series. In which case hypothetically people will try to boost shows they like while in cases of people trying to lower their mean score it's often questionable whether they watched or even finished said series. So they invite more ire from their low scores especially when it includes relatively popular or highly rated series.

In your case having a different scale makes some sense but your mean score with your scale would tell me you absolutely hate or dislike roughly 86% of everything you've watched and completed. Granted I would also have to take into account how your completed count is kind of boosted with a ton of short ovas/movies/etc. which you've almost universally scored low which drastically shifts the mean score.
Sep 2, 2018 10:20 PM
Apr 2017
It only makes me wonder how stupid or masochistic they are. If you keep watching stuff you consider shite then there's some kind of problem with you, really. Still, so long as you enjoy yourself, good on ya.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 2, 2018 10:22 PM

Mar 2016
It's wrong if you mean score below 3 with >100 completed series

But if you using 1-5 scales. It's alright because in this site they're using 10 scales. Thats why your mean score looks really low.

Then If you rating system using 10 scales. What do you want?? Overanalysis?? Elitlist?? Attention?? C'mon man......

Sep 2, 2018 10:26 PM
Jan 2017
Those people don't have any life who fight over low mean scores .Just enjoy your damn fucking hobby and live in peace.
Sep 2, 2018 11:07 PM

Aug 2018
Yes, because you are obviously trying too hard to be stand out
I mean come on, who ever give only one mark to anime like Codegeass, Hellsing Ulimate, Your lie in aprirl, Attack on titans, Steins Gate ?
Saitama012Sep 3, 2018 2:12 AM
Sep 2, 2018 11:19 PM

Feb 2015
Sep 2, 2018 11:26 PM

Mar 2018
SadMadoka said:
In your case, having a low mean score in itself isn't the issue; it's the fact that you scored every single title (nearly 500) 5 or below.

The predisposed rating system is very bad. I hate it.

You don't get useful information skimming through the scores of shows and movies here. All because people take that scaling system seriously. Instead of scaling and weighing personal scoring systems like any other score cataloging site would do.
Source(s):
Dude trust me
Sep 2, 2018 11:28 PM

Apr 2018
Op i don't care about your mean score but all i know is that your taste is trash
Sep 2, 2018 11:45 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
catribs said:
SadMadoka said:

You don't get useful information skimming through the scores of shows and movies here. All because people take that scaling system seriously. Instead of scaling and weighing personal scoring systems like any other score cataloging site would do.

Whate do you want to scale or weigh? This scoring system is as straight forward as it gets.
Sep 2, 2018 11:46 PM

Aug 2014
No why are you concerned with how other people rate the anime they watched? Why do you care if some guy on an anime forum respects you or not lol?

That said if you score it low you should probably drop it, unlike what you've done, scoring something a 2 then watching 50 episodes of it is pretty fucking stupid, but to each their own.

e:oh you use a 5 point scoring system? Idk why you'd wanna do that, it's kinda silly and there's no reason you can't just adjust it to the 10 scale, but not so bad in that case I suppose
InsertanamehereSep 2, 2018 11:51 PM
Sep 2, 2018 11:50 PM
Jan 2018
catribs said:
SadMadoka said:

It's literally the standard /10 system that everybody uses. While MAL could do what Kitsu does and allow multiple rating options, I think everyone one is capable of coming up with a score /10, or at least one /5 and doubling it.
Anime is trash and so am I
Sep 2, 2018 11:52 PM

Apr 2015
High or low mean score do whatever you want with it, I don't care.

I've have my low mean score ever since I join this site and I haven't ones been callout, neither bother by the kind of reputation I get from it. However I do get annoying every time I have to heard some clown spouting nonsense, on how they have zero respect for someone with a lower numerical number than they.
Sep 2, 2018 11:55 PM

Aug 2018
Ive only rated the things i liked cause having to rate something i hated just tires me out my score is 7.44
-Just roki roll!!!
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Wimp3452
If you click on that you will die
Sep 2, 2018 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
I'm actully more concerned about you admiring a murderer than you using a 5 point scale so you can have the impression you're a negatieve person on purpose. But hey, that's just me.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 3, 2018 12:35 AM

Oct 2015
@Teksmelater said if you got asked that question, make a remark by saying

"Why do you rate so high?"

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Sep 3, 2018 12:41 AM

Nov 2017
Interesting, I did not know exactly how that system worked and now I understand it a little better, and with that I can say that if someone has a fairly low Mean Score ... then something bad happens there, however I did not know that people were criticized or attacked just for that, everyone takes the poison they want, or maybe they just qualify in a strange way. In IMDb you can also find users with rare qualifications, like people who only put 1 or 10 in the movies they watch, literally.
Sep 3, 2018 12:46 AM

Jan 2013
Do whatever you want, but if you have a really low mean score (let's say below 4) then you're either trolling/baiting or there's something wrong with you.
Sep 3, 2018 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
Poseur said:
Just about every person I saw with low mean score has been called out on their comment box, regardless of whether they have weighting on MAL charts or not (most don't seem to).

You are the one creating this problem. Why the hell are you rating on a 5 scale system when MAL rating is a 10 scale system. Just double all your scores and be free of all the nagging.
Sep 3, 2018 1:07 AM

Jan 2017
@Swagernator lmao found someone that has a lower mean score than you.

I think he might be on the spectrum though, because he 'created his own' scoring system within MAL's - that's even more limited than MAL's

Sep 3, 2018 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
your mean score is super low
makes people think why you're watching anime in the first place
Sep 3, 2018 1:24 AM

May 2014
I bet my mean score would be higher if it wasn't for all the average to bad one piece and naruto movies i've watched XD
When it comes to people who've seen thousands of shows and still have a low mean score. I'd think after watching so much anime they'd be able to tell what they don't like by now and just drop it. But then i guess they must have a lot of free time to just watch everything regardless of whether they like it or not. People can do what they want though, so a low mean score doesn't matter.
Sep 3, 2018 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
rate things how ever you want i dont care its not my problem
Sep 3, 2018 1:44 AM

Nov 2016
i think your decision to only use half the scale is kind of a statement
why use 1-5 when its clearly 1-10
you can easily change rating to 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 if full range too hard for you... but you choose to be different
what !!. you think you better than the rest of us
well guess what. now i dont want your opinion on anything.
ptui
Sep 3, 2018 2:22 AM

Jan 2015
I mean.. I guess you're using 1-5 rating on a 1-10 rating system so I do think that is wrong lol but that aside people get butthurt about scores too much so just fuck it y'know

Sep 3, 2018 2:29 AM

Dec 2016
There's nothing wrong with it. Anyone can do with their scores whatever they want to and use the scale the way they want to. And it's not something others should care really, it's not relevant.
Sep 3, 2018 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
You know what's more wrong and retarded than having low mean scores? Creating a damn thread about it...
Sep 3, 2018 2:49 AM

Nov 2017
You giving 1 to most of the shows you watched makes me wonder why do you even watch anime.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

Sep 3, 2018 2:56 AM

Oct 2010
Well, OP:

1. You have a different rating system than the rest in a site that does not encourage it, and that is counterintuitive. But you cover this in the profile page so whatever. Your choice.
2. In addition you have more than half of your list voted the lowest number in your already severely limited scale. One has to question the ability of your scale to discern stuff, or your tolerance to this medium for that matter.

No one should give a shit about your rating scale but it certainly looks like you are pushing for an answer here.
Sep 3, 2018 2:59 AM
Apr 2017
once i hit an avg. of 5ish in the score department i think i might just drop anime
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GINTAMA THREAD

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

11 by Coaghim »»
2 minutes ago

» What device(s) do you watch anime content on?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

48 by Yakazi »»
2 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - May 16

81 by notPara »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you care if bland MC gets assaulted by your favourite waifu?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

7 by Maou_heika »»
3 minutes ago

» Are newcomer edgy anime fans not edgelords but actually normies? ( 1 2 )

LenRea - May 16

67 by inim »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.