Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 21, 2016 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Rinne looks good in a school uniform.

Looks like we get more background storytelling from four years ago this episode. I felt bad for Rinne though at how her classmates treated her. That Scuderia was obviously something precious.

The way that Rinne fought back against those mean girls though is a bit over dramatic if you ask me, even if it was to protect what's precious to her.
Stark700Oct 21, 2016 11:35 PM
Oct 22, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2015
Rinne just went crazy and thoose bitches had it coming i know this is anime but what the heck was the school doin to not notice any bullying.
Anyway it was quite a satisfying ending even though it was quite brutal, but just cant blame Rinne she was a emotianal trainwreck cuz she loved her grandpa really allot and thoose bitches just messed around at the wrong timing.
Oct 22, 2016 12:43 AM

Jan 2012
Damn! Rinne made sure to end all three of those girls' careers for good. What goes around certainly comes back around! haha
Oct 22, 2016 1:03 AM
May 2014
loved the edning of this ep, thats how it always should go in tv series/anime, not some forgiveness bs
Oct 22, 2016 1:37 AM

Apr 2015
This episode is 10/10, love the swift justice.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Oct 22, 2016 1:57 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow... Gotta admit, that was brutal yet satisfying to watch at the same time. Watching that sweet revenge sure sent chills down my spine, haha.. Those obnoxious bitches had to mess with her at the wrong time. They got what they deserved.

Rinne would have grown as a nicer and more friendly person if she didn't had to go through such bullying in her school. :/
Oct 22, 2016 1:59 AM
Feb 2015
The beating Rinne handed at the end. Scary but the girls were the one dug their own graves.
Oct 22, 2016 3:12 AM

Aug 2016
OMG DAMN THAT ENDING MQLSKFJLKDSQJFMJQSFLKJSDQ
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 22, 2016 3:29 AM

Jun 2013
Berserk Rinne is awesome !!!
Oct 22, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2014
Holy shit I did not see that coming! Holy crap! She went form deredere to yandere in a second!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 22, 2016 5:42 AM

Jan 2008
She's not yandere. Yandere implies obsession and mental instability. Rinne was 100% sane, and that makes it was more scary.
Oct 22, 2016 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I'm so glad this episode ended in the way I wanted it to.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Oct 22, 2016 6:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The workout scenes in the beginning was pretty well done

Lol Fuuka's reaction at seeing Eins just casually adjusting her gloves
after they both performed the same move while she is fatigued lol

Its interesting to see Rinne's school in this episode and get to
see how she interacts with people outside of the ring and Rinne looks good in that uniform. Really smart.

Rinne was so cute when she little

Rinne's foster parents look to be decent people

Damm those bullies
what did Rinne ever did to them
Anyway they deserve what happens to them in full
While earlier episodes did mention bullying seeing it actually happen here is just heartbreaking

The change from angel to terminator was sudden
but the trigger pint was those bullies and they got
what all bullies deserve

So thats why Rinne started to fight eh
as reasons go thats good enough

Overall a good episode that established Rinne's backstory and why she started to fight and her motivation. Its too bad about her grandfather though.
Yui Ogura is doing a great job portraying Rinne.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2012
Well, that was pretty intense. I do like myself a revenge story though.

I guess I can understand where Rinne is coming from now, but that whole scene last episode and her taking her anger on Fuuka was silly. I guess she's that unstable right now.

Poor grandpa, he even knew something was wrong with Rinne before his death and couldn't do anything

Oct 22, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2014
Have you ever anti bully ranger'd so hard you straight up killed three people?
Oct 22, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
WrongPriest said:

That was just unbelievable and scary wtf, Rinne killed them all in one hit with bare hands. I worry about Fuka, Vivio, Rio and the rest if they fight her, Rinne might fighting to the death since her state of mind is probably destroyed or near it by now.

Rinne is yangire not yandere.

Oct 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
That ending was intense, Rinne snapped unsurprising seeing what those girls where doing they got what they deserved tho.
Well in any case this does shed some light into her history and how she became like that.
Hoppy said:
WrongPriest said:

That was just unbelievable and scary wtf, Rinne killed them all in one hit with bare hands. I worry about Fuka, Vivio, Rio and the rest if they fight her, Rinne might fighting to the death since her state of mind is probably destroyed or near it by now.

Wouldn't she be in prison if she killed them?
My guess is that they ended up in hospital.
Oct 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
That ending was intense, Rinne snapped unsurprising seeing what those girls where doing they got what they deserved tho.
Well in any case this does shed some light into her history and how she became like that.
Hoppy said:

Wouldn't she be in prison if she killed them?
My guess is that they ended up in hospital.

It would be a miracle if it turns out they actually survived such a hurting.

Oct 22, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
Hoppy said:

Actually, the heads bleeds a lot, and from very little. So it might look worse then it is. Well, except that broken elbow. Still.... they deserved it.
Oct 22, 2016 10:18 AM

May 2014
DmonHiro said:
Hoppy said:

Actually, the heads bleeds a lot, and from very little. So it might look worse then it is. Well, except that broken elbow. Still.... they deserved it.

Personally the worst part was the fact that when the girl she had just been dragging around by her barely attached arm starts groaning, clearly after she's already totally disabled all three, she turns back around and gutter stomps her.

inc wet crunching sound effect

The rest I could feel the justice but that was just... strong..
Oct 22, 2016 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
wow, that last part was pretty brutal, sure those girls deserved a punishment but a elementary school girl breaking the bones of her enemies in a breeze was unexpected (I was already immersed in the flashback).

It was nice that they already demostrated that she was already in good codition before decide enter to the mahou martial arts, I was thinking before that was unbelievable that someone weakling as Rinne would become the best fighter in a blink of episode.
Oct 22, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2008
Yeah, obviously none of those girls died. If they did Rinne would be in jail, not fighting in tournaments. No doubt she beat them unconscious and they required hospitalization...but they didn't die.

I'm not sure you can call anything there unbelievable either. The show has set up both Rinne's inborn ability and just what characters in this world can do. It started out with Fuka a young teen beating up a gang! She took a metal pipe to the back of the head and walked it off. And in terms of Rinne doing what she did....is that unbelievable? Bullied kids can respond to bullying in rather extreme ways. Beating the crap out of her bullies to put an end to it is absolutely believable.

Kind of a reminder that this is part of the Nanoha franchise, even as a spinoff. Some of the characters in this franchise have had really traumatic pasts and fighting can be utterly violent. This show just manages to catch you offguard with it at times.

I don't feel bad for those bullies at all. They beat someone unconscious as well and didn't even care the next day outside of being afraid of getting in trouble for it. A broken arm and some head trauma? Sounds fine to me.
Oct 22, 2016 10:40 AM
Feb 2013
DmonHiro said:
Hoppy said:

This is animated, so the author can have them survive anything. However, those kinds of injuries are not the kinds of injuries that can be shrugged off with "well head wounds bleed a lot." Those are fatal blows. All three of those girls should be dead. How this actually turns out... we'll see.
Oct 22, 2016 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
Madcat6204 said:
DmonHiro said:

This is animated, so the author can have them survive anything. However, those kinds of injuries are not the kinds of injuries that can be shrugged off with "well head wounds bleed a lot." Those are fatal blows. All three of those girls should be dead. How this actually turns out... we'll see.
Judging from they way Rinne fought my it's clear that the first girl has a broken arm the other girl most likely has a concussion and a broken nose and maybe a broken jaw.
In which case they will most likely be in the hospital for 1 to 3 months.
That's my guess at least.
Oct 22, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2014
FlareKnight said:

Kind of a reminder that this is part of the Nanoha franchise, even as a spinoff. Some of the characters in this franchise have had really traumatic pasts and fighting can be utterly violent. This show just manages to catch you offguard with it at times.

I think it was more the visceral sounds and setting that had me offkilter, not on an alien desertscape or a deepspace time dungeon but a school full of young children. The actions weren't stylised either, just clinically doing as much damage as possible.

I remember some of the original A's scenes being jarringly strong but this one just seemed to come out of the woodwork.

Aversa said:

In which case they will most likely be in the hospital for 1 to 3 months.
That's my guess at least.

It's a futuristic space city too so they can probably heal a lot with magic.

but still, those girls won't have the confidence to raise a hand against anyone for a loooong time.
Oct 22, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
This is Nanohaverse and healer mage types are a thing.
Oct 22, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
kofmaster said:
This is Nanohaverse and healer mage types are a thing.

Yeah. While magical healing clearly isn't all powerful, these were pretty straight forward injuries. Considering it is a rich girl school their families should be able to afford the best magical medical care available.
Oct 22, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2015
I'm glad those bitches got what they deserved. I'm sure they're glad they got out with their lives at least. Because of those savage girls :
Rinne :
-made her school life miserable
-couldn't protect her precious thing given to her by her grandpa
-couldn't see her grandpa before he died cause they destroyed her phone and knocked her out in the bathroom

I hope those bitches become one of those ppl who are silent and scared of others nowadays.
Oct 22, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
burtal, just brutal
Oct 22, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Rinne's past is a lot darker than I expected. Being bullied like that can turn someone from very sweet to very angry. I can relate to Rinne in this episode. Those girls had what was coming to them and they deserved it. The way Rinne beat them up was very brutal and satisfying. The sounds that came from it sent chills down my spine. Very good backstory for Rinne.
Oct 22, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
F*cking bullies had it coming.
Oct 22, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2014
Hell yeah Rinne! Get them! Those pieces of shit!
Oct 22, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2016
Well I didn't see that coming... Well at least Rinne got her revenge.
Oct 22, 2016 2:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
LOL the whole episode im thinkin "these bitches finna get fucked up"

but that was more brutal than expected... @___@
Oct 22, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2016
it's been houres and i'm still not over that ending
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 22, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
LunyRed said:
Wow... Gotta admit, that was brutal yet satisfying to watch at the same time. Watching that sweet revenge sure sent chills down my spine, haha.. Those obnoxious bitches had to mess with her at the wrong time. They got what they deserved.

Rinne would have grown as a nicer and more friendly person if she didn't had to go through such bullying in her school. :/

This so much this! 5/5 loved this episode
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Oct 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
Still don't like Rinne.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Oct 22, 2016 6:17 PM
Aug 2016
Rinne has just becamed my favorite character. As far as i'm concerned she is the new protagonist to me.
Oct 22, 2016 6:19 PM
Aug 2016
BlurredVision18 said:
Still don't like Rinne.
BlurredVision18 said:
Still don't like Rinne.

I'm sorry I simply can't accept that. Fight me!!!!!
Oct 22, 2016 6:40 PM

Oct 2013
That last part was kind of overkill LMFAO...like, i feel disturbed. I don't really know how to feel about this. It's one thing to break someone's arm, it's another thing to like, straight up kill them. I skip law and order svu episodes when they deal with kids because of this lol...
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Oct 22, 2016 9:35 PM

Jul 2011
Guess those girls wish they got in trouble with the teachers instead. Rinne unleashed her inner savage and boy was it that satisfying to watch. I'm betting everyone was waiting for her to snap but not like this. Probably one of the most brutal if not the most brutal beating I've seen in the Nanoha-verse.
Oct 22, 2016 10:15 PM

Feb 2013
Finally some great justice when a character gets bullied. A bit too much on the blood tho. Rinne 2op
Oct 22, 2016 10:45 PM

Jul 2015
Justice got served big time
Oct 22, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
Haven't seen a situation this bad in this franchise since the original. The closest comparable to Rinne's situation is what Fate went through. Both of them victims. Rinne the bullied child and Fate the abused one. Both terrible situations with believable responses. Fate still forgiving and reaching out at the end and Rinne responding with pure violence.

You expected something to happen with how Rinne is now but...damn. She just took those girls apart. I'm most interested in finding out what the aftermath of such an incident was.
Oct 23, 2016 2:11 AM

Dec 2008
I have to say this EP was really intense!

namedriskOct 23, 2016 2:15 AM
Oct 23, 2016 3:21 AM

Jun 2014
Revenge is sweet.. and surprisingly cathartic.

I'd like to think the trauma will stay with the little b****es for life. A fair trade, given that Rinne will forever feel the regret of not being able to see off her grandfather in his last moments.
Oct 23, 2016 3:32 AM

Nov 2012
Well, this is sad she turns out to be the person she hated the most. :( and I bet her grandpa and the people that truly care for her didn't want to see her like that.

She hates being weak as it leads her to break her promises, for not being able to protect what's important to her. So she concluded she won't be weak she needs to be strong and probably be the strongest so that none of that will ever happen again. she hates weakness and people who's weak.

but for what cause? what she gonna do with all that strength? like vivio said what is she fighting for? who will she protect if she cast aside everyone (aside from her family?) she thinks unworthy.

people respect her because they fear her, I don't think she ever had a real friend aside from fuka, she clearly had no sportsmanship she probably hate fighting deep in her heart and clearly doesn't enjoy any of it. what she'll do once she's on top and deem to be the strongest?

I bet she'll end up the same lonely girl she is now. she might be strong physically and whatsoever but emotionally she's weak. She said it right fuka is stronger than her, at least on that matter.

and I wonder whom gonna save her from herself.

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Oct 23, 2016 3:57 AM

May 2009
Oct 23, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
I mean, I wanted her to kick some schoolgirl ass at the end there, but Jesus FUCK that was brutal. ZERO mercy.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 23, 2016 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
rinne hardly did anything to those three. she should have punished them harder.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.