Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 13, 2009 5:52 AM
Oct 2006
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Phew. I guess that's it. No more Eyeshield 21. :(

Didn't really care for how they ended the match but it was nice to see everyone two years later. Still, kind of an abrupt ending.

Edit: And some admin needs to set the manga status to complete. :)
Jun 13, 2009 6:10 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, I thought it was an abrupt ending as well, but I'm looking forward to Yuusuke Murata's next series, because I love his drawing style...

Too bad it finished, though...

My Claims:
Jun 13, 2009 6:55 AM

Aug 2008
So the journey had ended*sniff* :(

Well the ending was a bit satisfying, thank god they didn't pull off a "Double Arts" on us.

I'll miss Eyeshield 21 and I'll miss Hiruma...XD
Jun 13, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
SoraKing said:
Yeah, I thought it was an abrupt ending as well, but I'm looking forward to Yuusuke Murata's next series, because I love his drawing style...

Too bad it finished, though...

I think his next series is something called Blust.

Ah Eyeshield 21 was a fun ride. It has been one of the main part of my life these past few years. Gonna miss it. But, the hero of lightspeed, the era's best runner, eyeshield 21 shall never be forgotten.
Jun 13, 2009 7:38 AM

Mar 2009
satisfying ending.

it ended just like in the anime...If im not mistaking?
Jun 13, 2009 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
it was kinda confusing if i say so myself, and way to fast. is hiruma going out with that girl ( forgot her name) and who are in the same divisions? if the author is going to introduce a new aspect at the end of the series don't force all off it in one chapter.

" Only God can judge me" - Tupac
Jun 13, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
Loved this ending. Rice Bowl ftw? :D
Jun 13, 2009 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
Ok ending to the series. But I greatly enjoyed the series as a whole overall. It really made me curious about the perception of american football in japan. At least i know about the perceptions of black people who play american football, the mangaka stated it enough times with respect to panther...
Jun 13, 2009 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
'Rushed ending', that's what went through my mind this entire chapter.
But the series overall was pretty good. Although it, as many other (shounen) mangas, the quality decreased towards the last arcs.
Jun 13, 2009 9:35 AM

Dec 2008
nate23nate23 said:
it was kinda confusing if i say so myself, and way to fast. is hiruma going out with that girl ( forgot her name) and who are in the same divisions? if the author is going to introduce a new aspect at the end of the series don't force all off it in one chapter.

Or at least a chapter that has over 50 pages. That would be good for a last chapter in my opinion. : /
Jun 13, 2009 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
Pineappledishes said:
nate23nate23 said:

Or at least a chapter that has over 50 pages. That would be good for a last chapter in my opinion. : /

Not that I disliked how it ended but 50 pages or something would be awesome. :P
Hmmm....Loved the ending yet could have been better. The whole series was amazing. But it's the ending that pulls everything together....was expecting them to do it better. Something that would make me go...."WOW!!!". I like big finishes. There's nothing wrong with playing simply plain or safe though. C:
Jun 13, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2007
Ok ending to a spectacular manga. I loved the scout tower.

Oh yeah, and I wrote a review of the series, for anyone who wants to check it out.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jun 13, 2009 11:44 AM

Jan 2009
Packie said:
So the journey had ended*sniff* :(

Well the ending was a bit satisfying, thank god they didn't pull off a "Double Arts" on us.

I'll miss Eyeshield 21 and I'll miss Hiruma...XD

Yeah, the double arts ending really screwed me over >.>

Great series, wasnt expecting much from an American football manga (since im not really into sports manga), but, this turned out to be one of my favourite mangas ever :P Too bad sena lost to panther, I'd have liked to see him beat panthers speed with his running skill. Though they still call him the best runner of the era? I really would like a special showing what happened >.<
Jun 13, 2009 12:15 PM

Feb 2009
The ending was kind of bittersweet for me, and left me with wanting more, but it was cool to see everybody in the future. I hope they make some sort of spin off or a special chapter, but I don't think they will :(

Jun 13, 2009 1:08 PM

Dec 2007
love the ending.. T_T no more eyeshield21.. i spend alot of time on this manga xD
Jun 13, 2009 1:32 PM
Mar 2008
i think there might me a sequel but this is what i think by the ending this time as collage students
Jun 13, 2009 1:37 PM

Dec 2008
Ahh, E21 is over ):

I kind of expected this kind of ending, so I didn't think it felt too rushed, although it was kind of short. Overall great series, which is why I can't say the ending is bad, since it's a nice conclusion to such a long story ^_^

I miss it already :]
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jun 13, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
i'm not satisfied with ending, it should be longer chapter, and i thought that next week will be next one, i saw that it ended when i upgraded mal...

Jun 13, 2009 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
(sniff, sniff) i can't believe its over; so they didn't win, but panther joins the nfl, and now everyone has gone they're separate ways, but they're all doing what they love- playing American football; alos th joke about a mangaka doing a story on eyeshield 21 was pretty funny ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 13, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Finally... We had an actual good ending.... not a "And everyone happily lived after" ending... I dunno... at first I was displeased with the ending.... but after reading ot again... I really enjoyed the value of this ending... it was a really satisfying ending.... Finally an author had the guts to take his manga to a realistic and nice ending... Lots of stuff were said with images this time.... I'm really surprised Sena actually became a Notre Dame player kekekeke.... Dunno but the mix of players among the all the new team is weird but fun.... It's cool the author left us there for us to imagine which could be the possibilities of the outcome of this new era..... The color pages were really amazing....

So to sum up things came into this
Enma Uni: Sena, Monta, Unsui, Kurita, Riku, Mizumashi, Koutarou and Suzuna as cheerleader XD
Saikyoudai Uni: Hiruma, Yamato, Taka, Banba, Jumonji, Ikyuu, Akaba and Agon.... Addindg Ms. Mamori to their lineup Shit that's a really strong team!!
Oujou Uni: Shin, Ootawara and Sakuraba
In a med school: Takami and Yukimitsu
Habashira is alone buuu poor dude hahaha
And Finally in the Takekura Constructors: Musashi, Gaou, Kid, Onihei, Kuroki, Tetsuma, amd Togano....

the question here is.... Where the hell is Taki, Harao, Ishimaru, Kakei, Tenma, and Karin(Yamato's High School QB)?

Hmmm so Sena was defeated by Panther in the end.... Well.... I hope this a satisfying ending for everyone

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a prologue like in The Prince of Tennis. Jump loves raping people's endings.
Jun 13, 2009 8:39 PM

Nov 2007
So it's finally over ... it's been a long series, had its ups and downs but still one of the best sport manga out there.

Sena looks way more mature now =P although his attitude is still somewhat the same.
Jun 13, 2009 9:09 PM

Jan 2009
i think it's better to end it this way..compared to making us (readers) see how Panther won the MVP or something...

yet i also felt that the chapter 333 was rushed because it wasn't concluded well who won the "unofficial overtime game" & who among them got unto this school..and so on & so forth...

only few of them were clear to me...

it seemed that Hiruma & Mamori got unto another college (SAIKYOUDAI) = they're now together??? XD (also it seemed that Mamori already knew who is Sena all this time?! ROFL)

while at ENMA university there's - Kurita, Monta, Sena, Suzuna, Riku, Kaitani?, Mizumachi, Koutarou, Unsui, and a girl (whom I think & hopefully got together with Sena XD i forgot her name)
while at SAIKYOUDAI university there's - Hiruma, Agon, Akaba, Yamato, Taka
while at OUJOU there's - Shin, and other two (i can't recall their names)
SHUUEI medical college there's - Takami & Yukimitsu
ZOKUTO university - Habashira
Semi-pro? X-League? - Takeura Construction Babels??? - Musashi, Kid, Gaou

i hope someone clarifies my confusion on some parts of this chapter...XD
Jun 13, 2009 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
KanjiiZ said:
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a prologue like in The Prince of Tennis. Jump loves raping people's endings.

yeah..it really seemed to be like that...XD

but if they will, i'd be happy to support them again XD coz i really enjoyed the series...it's among my very few choices which received a 9 to me here at MAL XD
Jun 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Jan 2008
Jun 13, 2009 9:59 PM

Jun 2008
One hell of a ride, but it had to end sometime. It was cool to see all the old teammates become future adversaries. IMO, ES21 was an awesome series that stands beside "Slam Dunk" at the top of the sports manga category. I'm going to miss those great double page color spreads too.
Jun 13, 2009 10:23 PM

Jun 2009
JTSlayer said:
IMO, ES21 was an awesome series that stands beside "Slam Dunk" at the top of the sports manga category.

As subjective as it can be, and as awesome as eyeshield 21 is, no way is it in the top echelon of sports mangas - it belongs to Slam Dunk, Ippo and Tsubasa. Then there's Ashita no Joe, Ring ni Kakeru, Major, H2 and Touch, etc. If ES21 inspires the Japanese to play American football, maybe it can be included, but otherwise it is just an awesome shonen series based on a sports setting.

question is, who'd win: enma or saikyoudai? I'd say the latter (because of Hiruma), but I'd assume that there's a mismatch with sena and monta, plus kurita would destroy banba. Still, Hiruma+Mamori would find a way to win.

Also, musashi, gaou and kid is a hell of a combo.
fisher_88Jun 13, 2009 10:42 PM
Jun 13, 2009 11:09 PM

Oct 2007
It's OVERRRRRRR WAA~ i hope they make an OVA or sumthin' (>_<) it ended much like the anime , Hiruma VS Sena ...it's nice to see that everyone is happy and thank GOD they skipped the drama of them losing to America , Eyeshield 21 is the best sport manga EVERRRRRR

Hiruma-san you're the best villain + good + evil character in the manga/anime world <3 you will be missed <3
MahikodoJun 16, 2009 2:19 AM
Jun 14, 2009 7:25 AM

Dec 2008
Mama! It's oveeeeeerrrr!!! *snif*

Pineappledishes said:
nate23nate23 said:

ES21 is published in WSJ and they decide how many pages artist can draw per chapter. One Piece was shorter this week, and I believe that the reason is because ES21 was a couple of pages longer with colour-pages.

I think it was pretty satisfying ending. It seemed that America won the game and Panther get to play with pros. Mamori and Hiruma together! Fantastic! And Kurita trying to act Hiruma-like... O_O Eyeshield21 really is a masterpiece! 10 points!
Jun 14, 2009 8:34 AM

Jun 2007
fisher_88 said:
As subjective as it can be, and as awesome as eyeshield 21 is, no way is it in the top echelon of sports mangas - it belongs to Slam Dunk, Ippo and Tsubasa. Then there's Ashita no Joe, Ring ni Kakeru, Major, H2 and Touch, etc. If ES21 inspires the Japanese to play American football, maybe it can be included, but otherwise it is just an awesome shonen series based on a sports setting.

The amount of kids playing American Football has roughly doubled since ES21 started, according to an older article on Mainichi. So it fits that criterion.
Jun 14, 2009 10:30 AM

Aug 2007
This ends my four year run. Wow. This manga ironically got me further into football itself. I wish the ending wasn't so rushed though.
Jun 14, 2009 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
Aennlin said:
I can't believe it ended after all this time. The ending was okay, though I wish more of the Deimon Devilbats stayed in the same team. Glad at least Sena, Monta, and Suzuna and Hiruma and Mamori ended up in the same place though. I also wish there was more development in a couple of the relationships.

hiruma and mamori ended up at a different college that was for the elite but the others were together.

" Only God can judge me" - Tupac
Jun 15, 2009 8:14 AM

May 2007
Decent ending....great football manga. Loved how they went on all different teams in the end. I could totally see this going down the path of how Prince of Tennis was done...with another manga with monthly chapters or whatever.

8/10 Final.
Jun 15, 2009 9:20 AM

Jan 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
fisher_88 said:

The amount of kids playing American Football has roughly doubled since ES21 started, according to an older article on Mainichi. So it fits that criterion.

First of all, thank you fisher, second Tori, you can't really base a manga's popularity by comparing it to who plays more after/during the mangas publishing period if your going to include baseball/soccer mangas. I agree it fits more into the Slam Dunk approach where no one in the country would have guessed that a manga about a totally minor sport(at the time) would get so much attention. I can def say Slam Dunk is/willbe more popular because i swear there are less people who haven't read SD than people who have in Japan, pretty much Slam Dunk has a legacy independent from the sports genre as one of the best mangas of all genres of all time(no exag). Most baseball/soccer manga's being published on a major weekly mag is pretty much destined to become a hit because they are the 2 most popular sports in the nation, in that sense, how many more people beginning to play a sport probably becomes irrelevant. Also this is just a personal opinion but I think we need to wait a little for the end to settle, see how future generations take in the manga.
Jun 15, 2009 4:48 PM

Jun 2007
just-away said:
First of all, thank you fisher, second Tori, you can't really base a manga's popularity by comparing it to who plays more after/during the mangas publishing period if your going to include baseball/soccer mangas. I agree it fits more into the Slam Dunk approach where no one in the country would have guessed that a manga about a totally minor sport(at the time) would get so much attention. I can def say Slam Dunk is/willbe more popular because i swear there are less people who haven't read SD than people who have in Japan, pretty much Slam Dunk has a legacy independent from the sports genre as one of the best mangas of all genres of all time(no exag). Most baseball/soccer manga's being published on a major weekly mag is pretty much destined to become a hit because they are the 2 most popular sports in the nation, in that sense, how many more people beginning to play a sport probably becomes irrelevant. Also this is just a personal opinion but I think we need to wait a little for the end to settle, see how future generations take in the manga.

I was pointing out that it fulfilled fisher's supplied criterion for a top-tier sports manga. You agreed with him (who gave a list of sports manga including baseball/soccer ones) and yet I'm the wrong one? I never mentioned baseball/soccer manga.

You're right about the percentages (If I read you correctly). Number of new players is not a standard you can measure exactly. If a manga gets published and the number of players for that sport jumps 10%, you can't necessarily say that that manga was the cause. Even if there is anecdotal evidence of individual players starting out of fandom. Only the ones that leave such significant numbers of playres/fans behind that they are unmistakably the cause (like SD and Ippo) can be judged by that standard. And again, Eyeshield 21 correlated with a doubling of the number of American Football players in Japan.

I'm perfectly okay with waiting a while to determine pantheon status, but there is at least one sports manga still running which the vast majority agrees is great (Hajime no Ippo).
Jun 15, 2009 7:31 PM

Apr 2007
Wow I am so glad I was too lazy to catch up with this series and was able to marathon the last nearly 100 chapters instead. It made the ending more enjoyable. Also while it would be very interesting if there was a sequel to see all the players, in their new teams, fight for the Rice Bowl, I can live with it ending here. Not that I wouldn't welcome more of course ;)

Eyeshield 21, my favorite manga series, gets a 10/10 from me! :D
MonochromeJun 15, 2009 7:38 PM
Jun 16, 2009 2:04 AM
Mar 2008
Traveller said:
satisfying ending.

it ended just like in the anime...If im not mistaking?

Agreed, but it didn't end like the anime, unless you're thinking about Hiruma and Sena being opponents. In the anime, the series end with both Hiruma and Sena playing in the NFL.

Although I wanna read more Eyeshield21, it's a good enough place to stop. While at the top. Sena the protagonist has already played in the States, and we know what's been happening to all the high school players. If the series had continued, we might've ended up with a new Christmas Bowl.... Unlike what they did with Terminator: TSCC. And they even dared say it's had a good run??? I mean, the show just had a great twist and they go "yeah, that's good enough. Let's stop it there." It's like someone would've decided not to publish any more eyeshield from the point of where hiruma broke his arms, only it would've had to happen at chapter 13 or something, instead of chapter 258... Damn those people at FOX.
Jun 16, 2009 2:15 AM

Jan 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
just-away said:

I was pointing out that it fulfilled fisher's supplied criterion for a top-tier sports manga. You agreed with him (who gave a list of sports manga including baseball/soccer ones) and yet I'm the wrong one? I never mentioned baseball/soccer manga.

You're right about the percentages (If I read you correctly). Number of new players is not a standard you can measure exactly. If a manga gets published and the number of players for that sport jumps 10%, you can't necessarily say that that manga was the cause. Even if there is anecdotal evidence of individual players starting out of fandom. Only the ones that leave such significant numbers of playres/fans behind that they are unmistakably the cause (like SD and Ippo) can be judged by that standard. And again, Eyeshield 21 correlated with a doubling of the number of American Football players in Japan.

I'm perfectly okay with waiting a while to determine pantheon status, but there is at least one sports manga still running which the vast majority agrees is great (Hajime no Ippo).

Ahahah wait my bad it was thank you Toriun, I was more in agreement and in support of your initial comment.
Jun 16, 2009 2:58 AM

Feb 2009
Marathoned in 3 days...2 thumbs up

Obviously whenever somethings comes to an end, you always wish there was more, but I think this manga proved to have one of the more satisfying endings. There were obviously a lot more things the mangaka could have developed on, mostly love relations like previous posters have mentioned (Hiruma and Mamori as well as Sena and Suzuna), but in the end it's a sports shounen and it fulfilled its goals 100%.

To sum up, if you want a good testosterone-filled sports manga of manliness, read Eyeshield 21. If you want a romance with some athletics involved, go read Suzuka (not that I'm ragging on Suzuka or anything).
Jun 17, 2009 10:27 PM

Sep 2007
fisher_88 said:

only wanted to say in term of sport manga, H2 and Touch dont give off much spirit as ES21. I like Adachi's manga, his style is so slice of life and entertaining but because of that, they cant be the best kind of sport manga 'coz the spirit in there isnt as crazy as others.It's like a burning fire under the surface.Hope you get what i mean.IMO, Adachi's sport mangas are good, but never can be listed in the best category because of his style.

i read the whole series in 4 days and the ending was like what...huh ? for me /_/ and even i want a sequel badly i guess it's better if that doesnt happen..... a good mangaka has to know when to end his series.I dont want ES21 to be like so many loooooooooong running that doesnt know its limit out there.
Jun 19, 2009 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
Higanzakura said:

only wanted to say in term of sport manga, H2 and Touch dont give off much spirit as ES21. I like Adachi's manga, his style is so slice of life and entertaining but because of that, they cant be the best kind of sport manga 'coz the spirit in there isnt as crazy as others.It's like a burning fire under the surface.Hope you get what i mean.IMO, Adachi's sport mangas are good, but never can be listed in the best category because of his style.

I agree that Adachi's manga don't really fall under the sports category, and I only included those manga because Adachi really gives you a sense of how important Koshien is, practically defining it as the singular greatest achievement a high school student can attain. And judging by how iconic Touch and Koshien are in Japan, I could wiggle that in.
Jul 3, 2009 12:30 PM

Oct 2007
nate23nate23 said:
I know it might be possible, but I seriously don't like the chick at all. At least I hope Sena ends up with Suzuna. Yeah, more relationship development really would be nice.

I hate to admit it, but I didn't like the ending. It was too rushed, and some questions still remain unsolved. I'll definitely miss ES 21 though. I feel sort of depressed, now that it's ended.
Aug 5, 2009 11:00 PM

Apr 2009
CarpeDiem said:
nate23nate23 said:
. At least I hope Sena ends up with Suzuna. Yeah, more relationship development really would be nice.

I hate to admit it, but I didn't like the ending. It was too rushed, and some questions still remain unsolved. I'll definitely miss ES 21 though. I feel sort of depressed, now that it's ended.

oh man i definetely agree with you!. I really wanted a Sena x Suzuna so badly. Oh well. Eyeshield 21 forever!
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Aug 6, 2009 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
CarpeDiem said:

Yep. That's what I felt, when I read this chapter some time ago. That was a total surprise. Very unpleasent surprise. My first thought: "WTF?!?! IS IT REALLY THE END?!?!" Before reading it I didn't know, that would be the last chapter, so I was quite in a shock. I really regret it ended like that... so unexpectedly!

I can only hope mangaka will somehow answer all the remaining questions in some additional chapter or sth.

My master pieces xP : http://qiubi.deviantart.com/

Aug 7, 2009 2:17 AM
May 2009
Wahhhhhhhh!! It's the end!! I was stuck to this manga and finished it within one week... It was a bit rushed and some questions remained unsolved.. i wish the mangaka would make a seqeul... Probably one of the best manga ever
Jan 7, 2010 9:32 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't care how it ended, I'm just glad I'm done with this manga. 7/10 It was pretty good.
Aug 3, 2010 8:17 AM

Feb 2010
nice manga but the ending was lame
Sep 18, 2010 5:45 PM

Nov 2009
I think the ending could of been done a bit better. I liked the 2 year time leap, but I felt that if it was done differently, I could of gotten into it a lot more.

A lot of the endings for series get me a bit emotional, but the series fell a bit short at the ending. I just feel it could of used a bit better of an ending, or at least a few more pages.

Overall a great series though.
Sep 23, 2010 10:48 AM

Jul 2009
this chap. was really amazing!!!!!!!! XD

too bad it had to end. . . . * sob, sob*
Jun 15, 2011 7:40 AM

Jun 2010
I honestly could read another couple hundred chapter on this i don't know about you guy.
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war, 'til I'm restin' in peace
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 88 Discussion

Ranxomare - Jun 28, 2016

2 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Feb 22, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 329 Discussion

VK11 - May 15, 2009

18 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 20, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 30 Discussion

rebwaters - Feb 18, 2009

2 by MaximumRex »»
Oct 6, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 26 Discussion

rebwaters - Feb 17, 2009

2 by MaximumRex »»
Oct 6, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 226 Discussion

rebwaters - Apr 8, 2009

2 by -DxP- »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.