Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 3, 2013 3:09 AM

May 2013
Amazing chair action, lol.
Sep 3, 2013 8:13 AM

Apr 2010
My favorite part is after Rika beats a very deserving Satoko with her chair and she's all like "Nice to meet you."
Oct 15, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
BADASS RIKA!
Dec 19, 2013 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting episode. Rika does seem tore between which world she wants to stay in.

And that whole chair thing though..... All she has to say is "sorry", and it's all ok? Weird. I wonder if it's a hint that there is some sort of madness disease after all. Re(i)na had a brief crazy moment in episode 1.
Dec 25, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
Rika kicked Satoko's ass! Although it may have been just venting, Satoko is still quite annoying even more so when she is now cocky all the time.
Dec 25, 2013 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
I miss Keicchi.

Jan 10, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
Well that was interesting..Better than last episode. Don't blame Rika at all...

I don't know she doesn't flip out and just kill everyone anyway the way they are now. But she seems ready to give everyone a chance to progress to that. So hmm.

The end was a bit interesting too though. I mean there can be another way to possibly bring her into this world? Or just killing her like others said... How will this turn out. I disagree with others. This is seeming more mysterious like the original series.
Jan 10, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
zdude18 said:
I miss Keicchi.

Me too.. ; ~;
Jan 23, 2014 9:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Rika destroyed Satoko real bad, and I'm surprised Satoko had no serious injuries as being hit with a chair at that force can break bones.

Rika's mom looks so adorable, and I think Rika couldn't sense the fragment because she needed more emotional stuff to be able to connect with her mother.

Mar 21, 2014 10:20 AM

Dec 2013
Finally a little bit violence. But i hate these scenes, where they talk wrong shit and she doesnt says the truth. I know she cant, but they still feel weird.

And now killing her mother? WHY
Apr 2, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
aw hells to the yeah that'll teach satoko to talk smack and steal rikas book
Yo
Apr 25, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
Arc turns out to be pretty shit with the "omigod have to kill mah mom" drama. Hate Rena for eavesdropping, her parents must have not taught her any manners. Didn't like the whole lecture scene with Mion and Rena ganging up on Rika, even though I can see where they are coming from.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 25, 2014 6:14 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, this is a interesting concept, but it just doesn't feel right. It is a much better story then the first episode, but I don't know just don't feel right.
May 5, 2014 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
I think Rika will kill her mother, like she's said, she's grown detached to her mother, but she probably still misses Ken'ichi.
May 27, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2012
So Rika isnt the reincarnation anymore. Oh crap!!!
Jul 11, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
At first I thought this world would be perfect for her, but after thinking about it it has it's own flaws. I can see why she wants to go back, but having her own parents alive, and all the other people who would have died, got to be worth something! So I guess it will be a tough decision (also, because she would have to kill her own mother...), but I'm pretty sure she is going to choose the old world. It's pretty obvious if you think how anime/stories in general work...
Aug 29, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2012
Satoko getting pwned was one of the best things I've seen in anime.

Sep 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
Now it is more clear why Hanyuu can't enter this world...
If Rika's mother is reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, then Hanyuu (which is the real Oyashiro) can't be doubled? So Rika must kill her mother.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 28, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2012
DAMN Rika smashed Satoko a few times with that desk O.O
Nov 22, 2014 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Rika beating Satoko with the chair was glorious!
May 31, 2015 12:53 AM

Feb 2013
LOL! I laughed so hard when Rika went all pro wrestling and started to beat the shit out of Satoko with a chair. It's not like she didn't deserve it, she was being a huge bitch to Rika.

But wow, Rika's mom is the reincarnation in this world, and she also has the fragment inside of her? That's not good, seems like Rika may be forced to kill her own mother :/.
May 30, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
Epic beatdown, Parricide incoming!?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 7, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2016
It seems quiet weird to me that she thinks that she has to get away from this world! I mean sure Hanyuu is not around and Keichi is here, but everyone is alive, especially her parents and Satoshi is healthy and neither Satoko nor Rena have any family problems!
Maybe the dam will be made but surely they can all be happy separately!
If it were me i wouldnt be able to leave a world where my parents were alive to one where they were dead (them and other innocent people)...
Mar 13, 2017 10:01 PM

Feb 2016
This world is great, not perfect, but at least there isn't a Hinamizawa disease looming ever so menacingly over their shoulders. Or even if Rika ends up sterile, then again, the town is doomed. There's no guarantee that Dr. Irie will successfully come up with a viable vaccine.

The world does not fkin' revolve around Rika as the Queen carrier where a 1000 people's lives hang in the balance and the good part, hardly if not anyone dies in the process. And another little tidbit, the Sonozaki family aren't a bunch of low life country bumpkin yakuza using violence to rule over the village.

Rika should stop being selfish if she has to 'destroy' this world to go back to the older one and the fact she has 'killed' off this world's innocent people in exchanged for the jaded community she wants to go back to.

Off-tangent, you'd think a 100 years would make you cautious. She defeated Takano, but the whole fight was to preserve her life to begin with!!!! Are there seriously roads in japan where a truck and car cannot pass each with enough room?
Cloud_IllusionsMar 13, 2017 10:09 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jan 24, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
The part where Rika beat Satoko with the chair was great.
Apr 1, 2020 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
Damn this arc is so good, I know the last episode is filler so there’s only one more episode of this arc. I wish it was longer!!

That chair throw was deserved... Satoko is my favourite character but she had it coming. On to the final ep of the arc!
May 8, 2020 8:06 PM
Apr 2019
So Rika's mom has the fragment; exciting to see how she's going to resolve it
May 29, 2020 12:48 PM

May 2018
It's time to kill some milf moms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 29, 2020 4:47 PM
Oct 2019
Really enjoying this. Mystery. No awful childish crap these last 2 episodes. Hmm.

Rika won't actually kill her own mom, will she?
Jun 28, 2020 9:32 PM
Oct 2011
I can't remember the last time I saw such a satisfying beat down.
Aug 7, 2020 10:10 PM

Aug 2018
seeing Rika teach that brat a lesson with the chair was awesome!
I'm surprised that the fragment is in her mother..

Sep 26, 2020 5:12 AM

Sep 2017
Who would have thought seeing Satoko getting beaten with a chair would be so satisfying
Sep 28, 2020 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
For some reason I enjoyed Rika beating Satoko up with a chair, guess I'm missing a bit of the violence of the original show lol. Damn, it's her mother after all... now she has to decide if she wanna stay in the new world with her parents or kill her mother and go back.
Nov 4, 2020 8:48 AM
Oct 2019
This is so sad...
Rika-chan and Satoko wasn't best friend ☹️

But wait, Rika-chan mother was the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama... Damn
Dec 24, 2020 6:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, the plot was moving so fast. Lately, Rika finally found a trail of Hanyuu while searching the truth behind her current world. A lot of information has been dump on their conversation. The character that Rika hug, was her mother. I am completely forgot about her role at these series, apologize xd. Even with Hanyuu weakened power too, that she was not able to manipulate Rika's looping lifes again. So, whose behind those? By Hanyuu explanations, its caused by a lost fragment from the world of gods that forced Rika, warped her up into those 'perfect' world. In the other means, in fact, its saved her from receiving a real death at her own world. Yeah, girl, you must learn one and two lesson before you could actually have fun.

Worsely, its also forbad Hanyuu to reentering together with Rika, because of some kind of unmatched matter. The key was on the wrong side of the door. Okay, its bad. Then, Rika mission was to search the fragment, and got out of those world.

However, its looked like the world itself had its own interest that attracted Rika's another side of inner heart. Her new friends. Her warmth hearted mom. Until a certain plots showed her where the fragment was, its kinda hard for her to decide a thing. She must chose, apparently; back to the world where there was Hanyuu, and Keiichi together as a union, but she must killing her mother, or, chosing to stay at those 'perfect' world and forget everything that happened at her own world, with the result of happiness that Rika might get due to the non-gruesome views that she never got and felt before ....

The time limit was still far away. Think carefully before you decide, girl. Because that might be your last chance, to choose.

Well, okay, then. Let it go with that and continued the story of these arc!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 2021 5:50 PM

Sep 2014
idk why I never watched this when I first watched Higurashi. This is getting really interesting.

Rika is drinking alcohol isnt she? Didnt pay attention to that before, who can blame her after all that.

Also I did not expect Rika to just beat up Satoko with a chair.
"Dark" Rika is no joke.

Imagine keeping a family tradition/secret like that over atleast 8 generations.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 16, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2021
man, i'm trying my hardest not to hate on satoko too much, but this really isn't making it any easier for me. at least she didn't cry for her nii-nii like in previous arcs
Oct 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Damn that escalated quickly, instantly beating Satoko up with a chair.
I get that she knows this isn't "her" world but she's still the same person, just one where events changed.

Also if Rika's mother says she's the 8th generation why did Rika become the reincarnation in the first place, did Hanyuu just transfer over to Rika since her mother died?
Because if she's right, Rika is the 9th generation right?
Nov 14, 2021 7:43 AM
Jun 2009
Jeez, Rika, know when to fold them! You've got a perfectly serviceable world there with no tragedies, and you were prepared to kill your parents to go back to a kaleidoscope of tragedies in the hope of recreating a miracle world?

At least she did some self-reflection at the end and figured out that she could be happy in the new world.

I get the feeling there's some stuff going on that makes this world less perfect than it seems, though, so maybe she was justified in wanting to escape it.

PrOxAnto said:
Damn that escalated quickly, instantly beating Satoko up with a chair.
I get that she knows this isn't "her" world but she's still the same person, just one where events changed.

Also if Rika's mother says she's the 8th generation why did Rika become the reincarnation in the first place, did Hanyuu just transfer over to Rika since her mother died?
Because if she's right, Rika is the 9th generation right?
IIRC, in Rika's previous worlds, it was the 9th generation that was said to be the reincarnation.
Dec 28, 2021 6:36 AM
Jul 2021
oh no rika shit i feel so bad for her to go back to the world with her friends she must kill her mother nooooooooooooo, also good job rika in beating satoko with the chair she deserved it
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

phinix_down - Feb 14, 2009

190 by --bee-- »»
Jan 2, 2023 1:21 PM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.