Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2013 4:06 PM
Jun 2013
Well, for the people who are having their 2nd round

AporieDec 31, 2013 4:46 PM
Jan 12, 2014 4:46 AM

Sep 2013
The price of stupidity. Euphy paid quite the sum for her selfishness in the end.
Jan 19, 2014 7:41 AM
Mar 2012
So apparently this is one of the most contentious anime episodes of all-time?

Anyway, I just have a quick question about the dub and the sub. I just finished both series in the dub. I've seen this said on TVropes:

Then we have the infamous "Euphinator" incident near the end of the first season, where Lelouch says the wrong sentence to the wrong person at the wrong time. The English dub makes it so that he still makes the mistake, but changes the actual sentence into something that a person might actually say in that situation.

Ok, so what was said in Japanese?
Jan 19, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2010
Tragic episode. It will be tough for Lelouch to recover from this.
Jan 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
Jeeeeeeeezzzz... Lelouch of ALL the thing you cold have said for an example you had to say "oh hey if I wanted to I could order you to kill all the Japanese"
WHY couldn't you just say "oh hey if I wanted to I could order to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" why on earth was that the first "smart" thing to say!!

Ugh. idk how I feel towards this episode it was definitely not something I would have expected I know I had to pause as soon as he ordered Euphemia to do that. man I have no honest clue how season 1 will end but not everyone is going to come out alive.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 31, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
Well that escalated quickly..... jeeez
Feb 19, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
WELP
Feb 25, 2014 2:26 AM

Jul 2011
silentmode1919 said:
this is the thought that have been bothering me after i have watched this episode. a friend of mine tells me about this. so i'm asking you all,

was there a foreshadowing of this scene in which Lelouch can't control his Geass.

a friend of mine said he SAW the episode before 22 in which Lelouch's Geass is malfunctioning but i don't remember. is it true? was there really a foreshadowing for this episode?

the fo
silentmode1919 said:
this is the thought that have been bothering me after i have watched this episode. a friend of mine tells me about this. so i'm asking you all,

was there a foreshadowing of this scene in which Lelouch can't control his Geass.

a friend of mine said he SAW the episode before 22 in which Lelouch's Geass is malfunctioning but i don't remember. is it true? was there really a foreshadowing for this episode?
reshadowing was mao and how he couldn't control his powers
Feb 25, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2011
can't...stop..crying..
damn lulu why why would you use that as an example why couldn't you just put your prideful boasting to the side and leave it alone now euphy has to die and you caused nanally and yourself so much pain
Mar 4, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Disgusting... That was completely disgusting for these writers to create such filth... what a shame, I was really starting to like this show... this really pisses me off.

I'm dropping this piece of shit. This show has officially become a tragedy and I'm not interested in that.

How the hell can 300 people say they love this episode?? That truly hurts my faith in humanity... smh.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 21, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Dam' at first I was like now what? The anime ends with a happy ending zero agrees with Euphy and all end well. Then I was pleased a bit to see that it wont be that easy and then I realized... dam', I actually liked Euphy and she had to do this because of a mistake Lelouch made. What a shame what sadness for Lelouch, his friend, the japanese people and mostly the black knights that if they'll find this out. Oh wow..
Hurts my heart.

Edit: there was also the fact that Lelouch gave up going against her and would have used that zone for his purposes to make a new nation.
Mar 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
Thund3r1 said:
Disgusting... That was completely disgusting for these writers to create such filth... what a shame, I was really starting to like this show... this really pisses me off.

I'm dropping this piece of shit. This show has officially become a tragedy and I'm not interested in that.

How the hell can 300 people say they love this episode?? That truly hurts my faith in humanity... smh.

Most Shakespearean plays are tragic, so are they pieces of shit too?
Just because YOU are not interested in it doesn't mean those other 300 people have to agree with you.
Apr 6, 2014 4:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
My GOD!! Shocked isnt enough, I had to pause the episode multiple times to handdle it, when she run agaisnt her will, and started all this bloodshed!
O_O
Apr 18, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2013
Dat Euphy with the gun.
Apr 19, 2014 5:24 PM
Mar 2014
oh how cruel! ...Euphy gives an order and every nightmare follows it instantly, what a shame...
Apr 26, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2014
Holy Crap what a episode!!!
Take an advil.

May 8, 2014 1:27 PM
Aug 2013
WHAT AN EPISODE. I can't believe what I just witnessed!
Jun 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
Probably one of the craziest plot twists I've ever seen in a show. I love it! People are going to say it's convenient but that's how almost all shows are. To make them interesting and fun, things have to be conveniently placed or else it's predictable and boring.

I still side with Lulu, even though this is his fault in a way, it was not his intention. And I feel like there was some outside interference that happened first. Either someone did something like his Dad (who is mysteriously creepy) or I could even blame Suzaku for making contact with CC. I guess i'll find out later.

But WOW was I shocked. The most pure character in the anime that many people hated because she was so cookie-cutter turns into a psycho. And all the other soldiers joined in on the massacre. In a way, this should be an eye opener to naive Suzaku. All these soldiers if given the command to commit genocide would do it. That's who he's serving as a blind knight.

Jun 8, 2014 6:02 PM
Jan 2012
I curently don't know how to overcome this episode. It froze me.
Jun 23, 2014 12:45 AM

Nov 2010
That plot twist make me hate lelouch's character so much,I absolutely loath him at this point.Yuffie did not deserve that.
Jun 23, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2013
The_Nut_Cracker said:
That plot twist make me hate lelouch's character so much,I absolutely loath him at this point.Yuffie did not deserve that.
And he didn't mean for that to happen.
Jul 15, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2010
this has to be my best geass episode mainly cuz of Charles' LOL
(dubbed Charles is 100% win)
I seriously need to get that laugh as a ringtone.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 15, 2014 11:56 PM

Oct 2012
Bloody episode...
Jul 27, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1

Aug 14, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2009
It's annoying how everything got ruined with such a poorly crafted plot twist... I feel sad for Euphy. She was one of the kindest of the Britannian royal family yet now she'll probably be remembered as the cruelest by the world. She didn't deserve what happened to her.
ilmareAug 14, 2014 6:50 PM
Sep 7, 2014 11:21 PM

Jan 2014
"Kill all the Japanese." Ha!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 11, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
OH MY GOOD LOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRDDDDDDD EUPHY NO EUPHY NO OH DEAR LORD

LELOUCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 30, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2013
SweetlyKaoru said:
My reaction was basically the same as everyone's else: WTF JUST HAPPENED???!!

And I agree with what some of you said on how convenient it was that the Geass acted up at such a critical point. But I thought about it, and maybe it was supposed to. Think about it, Lelouch finally agrees to someone else's plans instead of his own? It could be a sort of catch-22: when the user experiences a certain emotion or participates in a certain event. Speculation though, since I'm watching the dub and trying to be a good girl and not watch ahead.

As far as characters that I think might survive, I really don't think Euphie will (poor dear). And Suzaku can't die because of the Geass used on him (remember, he MUST LIVE!!! *dramatic music*). Lelouch might not be able to die either. I'm not sure how long ago Mao got his Geass, but he'd have to be significantly older than Lelouch. He seems too young to me. And Kallen, I totally see her living (oddly enough). However, Ohgi just might die because of who he's in bed with (if anyone caught that this episode).

Another thing I wanted to ask for anyone who's watching the dub. Did anyone else find it odd that this episode only got a TV-14 rating (with a V for the obvious violence)? Other episodes, as well as other anime, have received TV-MA ratings for far less (i.e. some eps of Evangelion and Eureka seveN). Just curious if anyone else noticed that.
This. Lelouch made a contract which was destroy Britannia. The path he was going on would not accomplish that thus his Geass went haywire. This isn't a convenient plan, this was setup majestically and you all just didn't see it
Oct 6, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
What a plot twist! Lelouch came to terms with Euphie, but his Geass went crazy and now she's killing all the Japanese! I know it's not Lelouch's fault, but it's the price he has to pay for such a power. This episode was pretty depressing overall. And now Lelouch has given order for the Black Knights to find Euphie and kill her before it's too late. So sad! I like her a lot and now she's gone crazy because of a stupid accident. Onto the next episode!
Oct 28, 2014 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
Goddammit. What a convenient time for his Geass to fuck up. This is some Game of Thrones shit right here. There were times when I was going to stop reading those books when this kind of stuff happened, but I always came back. It'll be the same situation for Code Geass
Nov 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.

Lelouch was more of LeDouche in this episode, why did he talk about his geass with Euphelia in the first place? There was a bit too much death in this one.
Nov 27, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2014
Was that their father or who's that guy? I guess this is all his fault.
Dang Lelouch, you made me feel your pain. I'm done.
Nov 30, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Oops!

I've been looking forward to this episode. (insert Lelouch laugh here)
Dec 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
Wtf just happened?! this episode was depressing but good in few ways.
The plot twist was weak and yeah it let the series down. Like seriously how convenient is it for the geass got permanent at that very moment.. really lol.
I feel sorry for both Lelouch and Euphy, it wasn't any of their fault.
Well, so far I enjoyed this episode the most, it was good.
sumire-Dec 12, 2014 3:14 PM
Jan 2, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
This was one of the most shocking scenes I've known in most of my anime viewing experience.

Seeing it again, still powerful.
Be it a plot device, or a plot twist, I've yet to see such a 180 turnaround. I would hardly call this poorly written however. It highlighted so many developments. Sometimes, the most shocking change in plot could just be an asspull, but so many repercussions and consequences was elaborated and expanded upon. This wasn't just a whim of poor writing. It was long thought out. Highlighting Lelouch's continuing descent to bloodshed and madness, Suzaku's future hatred, the future of the Black Knights, of Zero, the unpredictability of war, and the slow discovery to what Charles is actually up to.

I despised this twist just as well, but I can't say it was poor writing.
Jan 14, 2015 6:18 AM

Jun 2014
OK... im so confuse like WTF??? just... WTF????????? princess euphoria bring japanese people together for piece and she pull out the gun to shoot them all??LOL???HYPECRITE?
Jan 14, 2015 6:22 AM

Oct 2014
BOKUWAONIICHAN said:
OK... im so confuse like WTF??? just... WTF????????? princess euphoria bring japanese people together for piece and she pull out the gun to shoot them all??LOL???HYPECRITE?

She was under effect of Geass
Jan 15, 2015 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
Cnon said:
BOKUWAONIICHAN said:

why king bradley use geass.... on princess make no sense XD
Jan 15, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2013
BOKUWAONIICHAN said:
Cnon said:

why king bradley use geass.... on princess make no sense XD
Who?

And obviously Lelouch lost control over his Geass. He didn't mean to make her kill them.
Jan 27, 2015 12:47 PM
Nov 2014
I had to wait 22 episodes for this series to get interesting but now there's no regret in my mind.
Feb 5, 2015 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
Okay that was pretty insane. Poor Euphy :( I liked her
Hi there
Feb 6, 2015 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
Just what else can you say about this? Yuffie went insane due to Lelouch and he got the best possible outcome with the worst possible pricetag.
Feb 8, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2015
OMFG O.O so much murder... My heart stopped when Lelouch accidentally ordered Euphie to kill all the japanese. WTF
Feb 10, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
That was interesting, but I didn't like it plotwise. Especially that Lulu reconciled with Euphy.
Anyway now he is doomed.
Feb 13, 2015 7:35 AM
Jul 2014
Didn't like it! To childish...
Mar 19, 2015 6:55 AM
Jan 2012
One of the only times Lelouch decides to make a joke, and it causes mass genocide... God fucking dammit... I hope this ends well for him...
Apr 4, 2015 2:01 AM

Sep 2014
OH FUCK!!!! Ugggh my heart sank for Euphy. God damn it.
Apr 6, 2015 10:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
WHAT JUST HAOPPENED?! Somehow, his geass is causing problems and C.C is affected as well. Why would he make this joke though....ffs Lelouch. He had no other choice, but to order the killing of Euphy at the end to not have him be the bad guy for everyone....
Apr 20, 2015 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
This was probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen in any anime ever. Seriously? He just so happens to decide to tell euphy about his geass (first time he's told anyone), and he just so happens to use "kill all the Japanese" as an example and this is the exact moment his geass acts up for the first time? Ludicrous, absolutely absurd. What a fucking hail mary to advance the plot. There would literally be no logical reason for him to even suggest he'd order her to kill all the japanese. Fucking idiotic.

Having the geass act up is a cool idea, but this was the absolute worst way they could've gone about executing it in my opinion. Come on, be creative
Apr 26, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
Not entirely sure if I love this or hate this...

The title made me think that Euphie was the one who's gonna get shot or something.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.