Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
I cant share that enthusiasm. I am the kind of guy that likes exploring a game and doing exactly what the game is not telling you to do. So playing along like that I realised one thing, there is no choice at all in the game. No matter how hard you try you become a monstruous vile beast. And by not feeling in control I also did not feel responsible, making the horrible things happening in the campaign not affect me at all.

So yeah, its weak as a shooter and imo it fails to really immerse you.
That said i agree with you on the level design. Really great stuff.
Mar 30, 2015 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
Baki, want to play Bloodborne? I'm in the nightmare now.
Mar 30, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
I'm at the end game but I've been trying to do all the chalice dungeons before I beat the game once. Too. Damn. Many. They are fun at first, but the treasures are can get kind of lame and it just gets to the point where you are spending time and resources in one dungeon to just to get to the next and so on and so on. The whole variant weapons thing feels a bit tacky too, just different blood gem placements and that's it really. Then you start to fight the same bosses again and again after awhile, the areas just keep getting bigger and it's all a bit tedious. All this just to beat one last boss and get a gold trophy ;_;.

I've almost platinumed it, but I'm taking a wee break because my roommate wanted to try it out. Hopefully I'll have more strength afterwards. Just need the 2 (3?) endings, 2 more weapons and that aforementioned trophy. Really liking the game still, I think the kind of uneven story pacing, the awkward multiplayer component, the erratic difficulty spikes and plummets and a few other nitpicks hold it back, but it's still another fantastic entry in the Souls spiritual universe.
Mar 31, 2015 2:36 AM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Baki, want to play Bloodborne? I'm in the nightmare now.

Are you on skype, add me on skype so that we stop missing each other...

Or PSN if you dont have Skype.
Mar 31, 2015 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
What's your psn name? Mine (my friend's who I'm borrowing it is: "itswillyoung" or Willie Young) My Skype name is Nagisa33 from New Jersey.
Mar 31, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
What's your psn name? Mine (my friend's who I'm borrowing it is: "itswillyoung" or Willie Young) My Skype name is Nagisa33 from New Jersey.

Sent you invites on both.
Mar 31, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2008
baki502 said:
I cant share that enthusiasm. I am the kind of guy that likes exploring a game and doing exactly what the game is not telling you to do. So playing along like that I realised one thing, there is no choice at all in the game. No matter how hard you try you become a monstruous vile beast. And by not feeling in control I also did not feel responsible, making the horrible things happening in the campaign not affect me at all.

So yeah, its weak as a shooter and imo it fails to really immerse you.
That said i agree with you on the level design. Really great stuff.

In my case, I always fail to get "immersed" in any video game. I never self insert into the MC and never imagine that it's happening to me, that I'm the one in the game. I always just watch everything from the MC's POV, controlling someone else instead of being him. So I'm more into the game if I see the main character get affected by the events, than if I'm the one supposed to be affected (so despite you getting lots of options in games like Fallout 3, it never really affects your character, whether you nuke a city or not, nothing really happens). It would have been bad if you never saw Walker become crazy and confused, and instead only you as the player were expected to suffer. That's why I never felt bad for shooting everyone in sight, it was Walker's character who was affected.

What makes the game bad is ironically its biggest strength. You're basically playing a Call of Duty game and forced to do everything you are doing in Call of Duty. Instead, you aren't awarded with "America fuck yeah!", but with innocent people dying and MC going crazy. Someone said that the entire game is a long "No Russian" mission. Getting a lot of options would have ruined what the game was going for. The only other option is to just turn away and shut down the game, like Konrad later says ("You could have just walked away"). It's really only enjoyable if you play it for the story and characters, since the gameplay offers nothing aside from a generic third person shooter.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2009
Does fire emblem belong in the other thread? I'm finding their new market strategy to be very odd. Still excited, besides that "onii-chan!" shit. When I lived in Japan, I never heard anyone call their brother that...
Apr 2, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
I would say yeah, it belongs in the other thread. Might as well post in that thread, since there hasn't been much activity in that lately. Get that shit out of here!

AlabastreAizo said:
Still excited, besides that "onii-chan!" shit. When I lived in Japan, I never heard anyone call their brother that...

You mean...it was a lie!? You're blowing my mind right now.
Apr 2, 2015 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
Then take your Bloodborne there too, it's a Japanese RPG as well!

I really hope that only Japan gets the split versions and they only release the limited edition version containing both games in the west. At least Pokemon never forced you to buy both games, and here it's a must since they offer different content.

Apr 2, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
Does fire emblem belong in the other thread? I'm finding their new market strategy to be very odd. Still excited, besides that "onii-chan!" shit. When I lived in Japan, I never heard anyone call their brother that...

There marketing campaign is the worst thing I've seen since evolve, 4 versions, 2 pointless half versions because you can then just get the other route off the EShop which is dumb, a complete version, then a complete + DLC path, Whatever happened to just standard and maybe limited edition?

Oh well other than that it looks great, not really gonna care for one pandering word, plus they actually have feet now!
Apr 2, 2015 1:03 PM
Mar 2012
My PSN username is trfghhjjjm. I'm currently playing Bloodborne.
Apr 3, 2015 3:37 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Then take your Bloodborne there too, it's a Japanese RPG as well!

Just because Bloodborne has been made by japanese doesnt mean its japanese. Its western on the inside!

Also this bothers me a bit too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11wAZmPfHKU
baki502Apr 3, 2015 4:10 AM
Apr 10, 2015 2:02 PM
Jun 2008
So I've been stalking the thread waiting for some Pillars of Eternity discussion to crop up for the last couple of weeks, but there doesn't seem to be any cRPG enthusiast among the elitists? Not that its shocking that manga and anime fans would be more interested in jRPGs and Japanese games as a whole, but come on guys...

Good game. Great visuals. I myself don't like the music nearly as much as everyone else, but its OK. The rest of the game is quite disappointing though. Very little choice and consequence, especially ones that matter and don't lead to the same thing with a slightly different line from the NPC. The reputation system is a joke. The classes are lackluster for the most part and don't differentiate themselves from other RPGs, and are unbalanced on top of it. The engagement system is an abortion (especially in a real time with pause combat system). The dungeon design is mediocre, and the encounter design for the most part is abysmal, mainly because of the stupid AI (which they didn't bother to improve because if the garbage engagement system they have). Also you can hit the level cap by the mid point if you do the side quests, leaving you without any progression or challenge for the rest of the game (I played it on Hard difficulty). Oh, and the story companions have horrible attribute and starting talent distribution, and you can't fix that without a mod (which gets rid of the engagement system as well, thankfully).

Still, the game is nice, but it gets boring fast because of all it's flaws. I guess it's better (or at least around the level) of the weaker Infinity Engine games, but doesn't hold a candle next to Baldur's Gate 2 (overall), Planescape Torment (story, world and choice and consequence) or Icewind Dale Heart of Winter (combat).

Though I guess for people that haven't played any Infinity Engine games (who will be far less critical), this can serve as a great gateway game for them to go back and check the IE games, and from there other classic cRPGs as well.

Anyone else having some thoughts on the game/matter?

Edit: On a side note, more Witcher 3 trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c514jP4hbJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc

The wait is almost over. Hope my PC can run it well, and the first patch lower the requirements, like the first patch for Witcher 2 did.
Wind_FalconApr 10, 2015 5:10 PM
Apr 10, 2015 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
Type-0 was a flawed but really good game in the end, i wish the story was presented din a less sloppy manner especially in regards to building the cast up more than just making it the machina and rem show but i fund the story despite its shortcomings still hit like a truck in its last chapter, the ending has got to be one of the most polarizing ive seen in a video game, i was just left covered in goosebumps after seeing it and it will likely stick with me for a while after

I forgive alot of the games flaws but i cant get around how much better it COULD of been with more polish and hope that its sequel can remedy these more.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2012
@Wind_Falcon
First time Ive heard something bad about Pillars of Eternity. I was and still am interested in it, but I just am not too sure. Ive never really played cRPGs but Divinity Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity are pretty damn tempting. But I am just not sure, as they seem to swallow alot of your time and I dont have that time and a huge backlog of games already. Id really like to start With Divinity Original Sin tough, that tempts me even more than PoE, but that game seems to be a coop focused game where you get the most out of if you play in coop. Good luck finding someone to play with me, I guess.

Also I am really hyped for Witcher 3, also hoping I can run it without it looking like ass.
Apr 11, 2015 2:37 PM
Jun 2008
You won't see criticism of Pillars in mainstream sites and their comment threads, but on forums where oldschool cRPG players gather, these criticism are universal. It's just not up to the quality of the old games. Not that this makes it a bad game, I enjoy it... In small bursts.

I also didn't go far into Divinity because I want to play it co-op, and there is just no time in my and my friends' scheduled to set up lengthy co-op sessions.
Apr 11, 2015 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Wind_Falcon said:
You won't see criticism of Pillars in mainstream sites and their comment threads, but on forums where oldschool cRPG players gather, these criticism are universal. It's just not up to the quality of the old games. Not that this makes it a bad game, I enjoy it... In small bursts.

I also didn't go far into Divinity because I want to play it co-op, and there is just no time in my and my friends' scheduled to set up lengthy co-op sessions.

What time-zone are you in again? I'll be done in a few months with school and I will have more time after that, we could set something up if we have similar times.
Apr 12, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Hey, I'm finished with Bloodborne. BB was great for the story and the big reveal halfway through had me gushing. The characters were pretty dope this time around, especially that crow woman. Bosses were better than ever in their design and were fun to fight. Having said that, the endgame (PVP and Chalice Dungeons) of BB was a snore, bland, and sometimes frustrating.

Now, I had a few fun matches here and there but most of them devolve into heal fests that drag out. Connectivity is the worst it's been by far where I wait sometimes 45 minutes to find someone. The aspect that I'm most disappointed in though is the lack of build variety. In this game the only option is to use a Melee weapon and a gun and face each other, going all out. The additional items for pvp are not really effective so it's just a straight out slugfest. In DS2 I could approach opponents differently. I could dress up as a suspicious shadow, hide in a box, and BS someone with a dagger. I could also snipe someone while invisible off a bridge with a ridiculously large arrow. Another fun build was to wear all poison equipment and let that lead to people's demise. I could fight with my fists in a silly fashion. I miss the silly builds and silly outfits that were offered in previous games. Speaking of which, there doesn't seem to be anything too out there in this game like the symbol of avarice or the xanthous crown.

Chalice dungeons are repetitive in their environments and enemies. The items aren't worth it in my opinion. The new bosses are nice but getting to them is a snore. More than halfway through I realized I was no longer having fun with these dungeons (and the PVP) so I stopped doing them. So for me BB was great for the story, lore, and bosses but the endgame content didn't please me in the least. I. Find the pvp very important so I was quite disappointed on that front.

What do you guys think?
Apr 12, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not sure what to think. I haven't played the game much due to not owning my own PS4. I'll give it one more month. If they don't fix PvP, I'll give the game away. While the PvE is good, it's not good enough to keep me interested for more than a few playthroughs.
Apr 13, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Now what am I supposed to play on the ps4? Sorry Jizzy, I'm not all too interested in ff type 0 at the moment. Time to return it to my friend. I'm really not seeing any games that are up my alley on it at this point in time. I would like to play MGSV on it but I can always play it on my Xbox 360 (another system which I've nearly exhausted my use for.)

So with my time with Bloodborne ending, I'm going to enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles, Aria of Sorrow, and Zero Escape. I stopped playing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon bc I stopped having fun with it. Maybe I'll sell it and get majoras mask 3ds.

What's new with you guys in gaming land?
Apr 14, 2015 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
Nagisa33 said:

Trying to install GTA V on PC but encountering an error at every turn ._.
Apr 14, 2015 7:28 PM

Aug 2010
Nagisa33 said:

Well, I just really want to play Bloodborne, but I also don't want to spend £300~ on the console and one game. Can't really see any other games that I'm interested in that I won't get on the PC so I don't think it'll be worth it overall, unless there's any amazing exclusives I've managed to miss?

Also brought Ni no Kuni 'cause it was cheap, cutest jrpg I've come across.
Apr 15, 2015 6:09 AM
Nov 2009
Nagisa33 said:
Now what am I supposed to play on the ps4?

A while ago I looked at the current games on PS4 and soon to be released to make a possible wishlist. With looked I mean just the title, genre maybe dev and some pictures/videos so I can't tell if some of these are any good. Also most of them are rpgs and not PS exclusive.

mugiApr 15, 2015 6:22 AM
Apr 15, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2011
So after having spent the last couple days playing Bloodborne PvP, I have to say that I enjoy it quite a bit. I guess I was just bad at it the last time I played. Burial Blade is so much fun to use.

My biggest problem with it is that it's on PS4 and not on PC. Low FPS, long loading times and absolutely terrible latency since 99% of people are playing on WiFi and everyone I've fought are either from USA or east Asia.

But I still say that PvP in Dark Souls 2 is much better and I'll probably stick to that from now on.

Dark Souls 2 >>> Bloodborne >> Dark Souls >>> Demon's Souls
is how I would rank the games' PvP.
PvE would be;
Dark Souls >> Bloodborne > Demon's Souls = Dark Souls 2
Apr 15, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
look, look at how much better a remaster of an 8 year old unfinished game is to that of that shitty reboot made by british hacks

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 16, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2009
The combat in DMC4 is soooo fun. Also in 3. Ahhh. So good.
Nagisa33 said:

I've been playing a lot of the second Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS lately. I haven't had much time since work has been busy, but I've played about an hour each of the following in the past two weeks: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. I'm at different points in each of those games.

Beyond that... Hmm. Well, Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 finally arrived from Japan two days ago., but I haven't had time to play yet. I'm going out of town for a couple weeks in a few hours, so I guess I can't play 'til I return. Also, when I return, Mewtwo will be available to me for Wii U Smash Bros, as well as the phenomenal looking second Mario Kart 8 DLC pack. I suppose I'll be playing a looot of Wii U when I return.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I think it's funny how people say the Wii U and PS Vita are dead, because I play both of them possibly more than anything else (especially since a new Taiko no Tatsujin was just announced for Vita!). I get that Vita has a lot more games in Japan, so that's probably why it's fine for me. I guess people just aren't playing the right games on Wii U, though, since all the ones I play are available in the West, too.

Edit: Oh! I totally spaced. I beat The Last of Us the other night. My friend just got a PS4 about a month ago, so he and I were playing through the game that came with it together. Both of us were pretty disappointed. If you haven't played the game yet, and you're interested, probably look at the gameplay for a bit to see if it's your thing. I could understand why people like it, but it had just about every AAA western game mechanic and odd game design choice that really irritates me. I guess I'll just wait for the next Uncharted. Past few AAA Western third person shooters I've played really didn't entertain me (Tomb Raider, too).
AlabastreAizoApr 16, 2015 9:02 AM
Apr 17, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2012
Oh god DMC4 SE is looking absolutely glorious, all my hype can't wait to return to it

As for some new-er games, My brother recently got me addicted to space engineers which is threatening to consume my life, also dungeon of the endless is free this weekend gonna give that a whirl, and maybe I'll also get to actually finishing ys origins in time for VI's release on steam!

Combined with the wii U goodies, my summer should be sorted, needs some stuff to tide me over until NIS America hit me with a double whammy of Etrian odyssey goodness in the autumn
Apr 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
not playing any games at the moment but after some personal shit in my life blows by as well as school lightens up i plan to play through all the deus ex series again cause mankind divided got me hyped, i look foreword to enjoying 2 great games and a cupholder

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 17, 2015 2:12 PM
Mar 2012
I want to try Devil May Cry series. I never played it before but I wished the rest of the main series were on PS4.
Apr 18, 2015 1:40 AM

Feb 2008
Not sure if 3 is on PS4, but you got DmC on PS4. Since you never played the originals, you won't be biased and butthurt over it, so maybe you'll like it.

Apr 18, 2015 8:35 AM

Mar 2009
ZetaZaku said:
Not sure if 3 is on PS4, but you got DmC on PS4. Since you never played the originals, you won't be biased and butthurt over it, so maybe you'll like it.

I was completely open to the reboot, personally, but I ended up finding it dull. I wouldn't recommend it. Script is super try-hard, and the aesthetics were often too muddy for me. I think the new version may have fixed some stuff I didn't like, like color-coded enemies, because the draw of Devil May Cry is being able to fight however you want.
Apr 18, 2015 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
Never saw a problem with color-coded enemies. It merely forced you to press a different button, so it didn't bother me.

Apr 18, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
ZetaZaku said:
Never saw a problem with color-coded enemies. It merely forced you to press a different button, so it didn't bother me.
when you get later in the game and they just throw all of the color coded enemies on screen at once you just get a tedious and fustrating action game, its the laziest possible thing an action game can do save quick time events and the enemy placement and design for all dmc's last act is nothing short of a complete and utter mess lacking

The game as a whole isnt the worst thing, but its soul suckingly bland aesthetic, lazy game design choices, embarrassing script, half assed ideas, and terrible boss fights makes for one of the single most embarrassing games of the last generation, i can only hope ninja theory finally ends their reign of blandness and bad ideas when their next self published ip bombs cause they are by far one of the worst AAA devs in the western gaming community with their only decent parts being a result of external developers and writers coming in and fixing the garbage they made

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 19, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:

I think color coded enemies/design only has its place as a puzzle never in an action game. It was for me too the worst part of DMC.
Apr 22, 2015 4:48 PM

Feb 2008
So looking at system requirements and people bitching about it being a bad port, I immediately skipped Dead or Alive 5 for PC, not even giving it a try. Well, somehow I ended up installing it now and it works flawlessly on my PC. What the heck. It should have been impossible to even get 30fps in theory, yet here I'm playing it with 60fps at 1080p. Oh well, guess I can play Dead or Alive 5 now, yay.

Also the Steam hate reviews are hilarious. I don't know what the big problem with the game is, but being salty over a game not having trading cards and achievements? Is this the PC master race? I've been only playing for a while, but I guess the game doesn't offer much graphic settings aside from shadows, resolution and AA, which is probably bad in a way, but getting to play console games on PC is good enough for me, so as long as it runs well, it's okay.

Apr 23, 2015 5:25 AM
Jun 2008
I also think cards and achievements are irrelevant (GOG > Steam), but lack of adequate graphical, modding etc. options is maddening for me (lifelong PC gamer). Games made a decade+ ago are more versatile as software than today's ones for fuck's sake.

Of course that's only part of a bigger problem, which today I discussed with a buddy of mine. The ports we get are terrible also from a point of view of optimization. Considerably better looking PC exclusive/developed for or in mind with games run better at lower specs than most of the by the numbers console ports.

And this is just the technical aspect, let alone the design dumbing down, but I guess in DOA's case thats a non issue...
Apr 23, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
What game has immersed you like no other?

For me it's Metroid Prime. The environmental exploration, the atmosphere, the music all intertwined to create a unique experience. There was a sense of haunting, loneliness, and mystery that seemed to emanate from this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7Okbr6B3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2B3QqjJ284

And then there's a sense of exploration and discovery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjgQGW0_DQ

The game rewarded you for exploring every nook and cranny of the environment. As you journeyed further (and deeper into the planet) you discovered new creatures and areas that became more gruesome or twisted. Mysteries were uncovered as you saw what happened to the once thriving planet. I could talk more about this game but I'll just keep it brief. Anyway, I love this game and I have an urge to play it every so often around winter due to how much I love Phendrana Drifts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHnchcCgUM

Which games immersed you in a special way?
Apr 23, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
Wind_Falcon said:
I also think cards and achievements are irrelevant (GOG > Steam), but lack of adequate graphical, modding etc. options is maddening for me (lifelong PC gamer). Games made a decade+ ago are more versatile as software than today's ones for fuck's sake.

Of course that's only part of a bigger problem, which today I discussed with a buddy of mine. The ports we get are terrible also from a point of view of optimization. Considerably better looking PC exclusive/developed for or in mind with games run better at lower specs than most of the by the numbers console ports.

And this is just the technical aspect, let alone the design dumbing down, but I guess in DOA's case thats a non issue...

From what I understood (in DoA's case), PC players are mostly butthurt because the PC version isn't superior to the console, and is basically the same. I can understand if they actually make the PC version look worse, or the PC version was stuck at 30fps (although DoA runs 60fps on consoles), but this game in question runs just fine and I can even run it well with a 5 year old PC that can't handle new games well even on lower settings. I don't know how things changed now, I'm really just happy that I get to play consoles exclusives on PC. Low effort port is better than no port when the port actually works. Especially when it's some more niche games in question, since Dead or Alive is far from the most popular 3D fighting game.

Apr 23, 2015 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
iirc, the PC version was released without online. They said it would come within 3 months, though. But without online or LAN, the game is useless since playing against AI is boring as hell.
Apr 23, 2015 5:23 PM

Feb 2008
It was marketed like that. It's been known for a year that the online service would start after three months, so I can't really call that a bad thing. People can still buy it in three months for online. Now if the netcode sucks after the three month wait, that would be a really terrible thing.

Apr 24, 2015 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:

From what I understood (in DoA's case), PC players are mostly butthurt because the PC version isn't superior to the console, and is basically the same. I can understand if they actually make the PC version look worse, or the PC version was stuck at 30fps (although DoA runs 60fps on consoles), but this game in question runs just fine and I can even run it well with a 5 year old PC that can't handle new games well even on lower settings. I don't know how things changed now, I'm really just happy that I get to play consoles exclusives on PC. Low effort port is better than no port when the port actually works. Especially when it's some more niche games in question, since Dead or Alive is far from the most popular 3D fighting game.

Well imagine getting a Ps4 remaster of a Ps2 or Ps3 game and it still looks the same. People would naturally be pissed.
Apr 24, 2015 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
Finally made a list of my top 25 games. Thoughts?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 24, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2012

Yes, put the titles over them otherwise I will have no idea about 90% of the games on the list :D
Apr 24, 2015 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
Fellow tales of brother in arms, though is hearts really all that good, im about 10 hours in and its sitll just "gotta go get dem kohaku spira shards", its fine so far but i just wasnt expecting anything more than just an ok game, admittedly ive kind of dwindled on y motivation for it recently but i did want to pick it up more again
JizzyHitlerApr 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 24, 2015 4:13 PM

Feb 2012

Dat trails in the sky though
Apr 24, 2015 5:21 PM

Mar 2009

I think it leans too far on the JRPG side. While I, too, would put Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3 on my list, I would have more platformers, Western RPGs, shmups, and fighters. I would also trade 999 for Virtue's Last Reward.
Apr 24, 2015 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
I don't think I have 25 games I like enough to put in a top 25. Maybe a top 10 could be scrounged up if I search my memory hard enough.
Apr 24, 2015 8:10 PM

Jul 2013

Very solid list from what I see. Though, I'm not sure what a few of the titles are by the picture alone. A title list would be appreciated.

Also, that Shadow of the Colossus art is fantastic. (I've been listening to the soundtrack and I'm in the mood to play it again.)
Apr 25, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Though, I'm not sure what a few of the titles are by the picture alone. A title list would be appreciated.

baki502 said:
Yes, put the titles over them otherwise I will have no idea about 90% of the games on the list :D

Ah. Well, this was something I did as part of a trend on hummingbird, where people simply share 3x3, 4x4 or 5x5 (I found someone with 6x6, no joke) of their favorite games in the format I did in the picture (on this website).

A bit late to add titles, but I can tell you the name of the games from the top, left to right proceeding downwards.

AlabastreAizo said:

I think it leans too far on the JRPG side. While I, too, would put Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3 on my list, I would have more platformers, Western RPGs, shmups, and fighters. I would also trade 999 for Virtue's Last Reward.

I am both biased towards (as well as more experienced) with JRPGs, kinda expected (though I do plan on playing more Western RPGs in the long run).

As for 999, I've only played 999 thus far. Haven't played VLR yet.

NotJizzyHitler said:
Fellow tales of brother in arms, though is hearts really all that good

I like what it turns into later on, the part about collecting shards is just build up for how great it becomes later on.

I suggest you continue it, it pays off.

Reialgo said:
Dat trails in the sky though

Such an underrated game :'(

Haakonwale said:
I don't think I have 25 games I like enough to put in a top 25. Maybe a top 10 could be scrounged up if I search my memory hard enough.

I'd be interested in seeing what that list would be :D
sushiisawesomeApr 25, 2015 2:19 PM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.