Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, looks like both teams are struggling a bit now.

60-70, score isn't too far off. Ofc, I'm cheering for Kuroko's team still. Aomine's team is still pretty awesome though. Inb4 cliffhanger this episode.
Jan 25, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
The enemy team is showing their even true skills and blocked them. They don't give up because of that player. Oh~ that's Kuroko's new skill?! But it's for a short time. That kind of affected on that guy, which Kuroko's wish came true?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Man, that skill of Kuroko's was more epic in manga. Next episode, its time to PFs shine: Aomine vs Kagami.
Jan 25, 2014 12:08 PM
Jul 2013
SHIT MEGANE KUN IS SO SMART shutting down Kuroko!

My god, the OST is amazing..!!
Jan 25, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
Aomine back to his old self which probably means good game to Seirin, but we'll see.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 25, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode ^^...The animation this ep felt much better than normal. Especially after Kuroko used his Misdirection Overflow. Dat OST!

Momoi is just too OP XD...And no need to mention Aomine XD

And Imayoshi is too EVIL XD...The way he scored that Buzzer Beater. DAT EVIL SMIRK.

Loved how Kuroko said...We'll think about the future when the time comes hehe.

The end with Aomine somewhat going back to his past self was awesome. His smile was nice and so were everyone's reactions.

NXT EP! ZONE incoming!!
Jan 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Aomine just did a one-handed 360 dunk on Kagami LOL

Kuroko is doing everything he can to keep the game close. Misdirection Overflow is pretty cool.

This match is so intense. Looks like Aomine is going to play even harder.
Jan 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2011
The Overflow isn't as epic as it appeared in the manga... oh well, I probably think this way because I've reread the Seirin vs Touou match like thrice already.

And can't wait! Aomine's engine sure is running. He is getting more serious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
this might be weird but didn't kuroko learn about Kyoshi's injury from Hyuuga in episode 3? why did he look surprised in the flashback? and why did Hyuuga look surprised too? didn't Kyoshi tell him about the surgery in the hospital when they were freshmen O.o
Jan 25, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
YuushaEmilia90 said:
this might be weird but didn't kuroko learn about Kyoshi's injury from Hyuuga in episode 3? why did he look surprised in the flashback? and why did Hyuuga look surprised too? didn't Kyoshi tell him about the surgery in the hospital when they were freshmen O.o

As for why hyuga was surprised - he expected Kiyoshi to be able to play for another year after this one, which he can't

The episode overall was crazy, they just keep getting better and better!

Now we have to wait a week before we get to see whatever it was Aomine was doing in the preview
Jan 25, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2011
So basically Kuroko's misdirection overflow is about the same as what he did to Takao in the very first Seirin VS Shutoku match except it's on a much larger scale.

Loved their reaction when everyone starts disappearing. Priceless.
Still, rendering his misdirection useless against Touou in the future seems like a waste.

Aomine getting stronger and stronger. Can't wait for the rest of the match.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 25, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
This match took too many eps.
Jan 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Mugen-No-Ou said:
YuushaEmilia90 said:

As for why hyuga was surprised - he expected Kiyoshi to be able to play for another year after this one, which he can't

The episode overall was crazy, they just keep getting better and better!

Now we have to wait a week before we get to see whatever it was Aomine was doing in the preview

I thought he told Hyuga that next year ( now ) would be his last chance o.O
Sorry my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Jan 25, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Wow great episode. Misdirection overflow is pretty cool

Jan 25, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Damn they say they're out of trump cards, yet there are always more. I swear if Seiren doesn't win I'm dropping this show.
Jan 25, 2014 1:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Misdirection Overflow! Poor Kuroko though, he's extremely tired from using it so much...it's working for now. Though, it's finally zone time!
Jan 25, 2014 1:23 PM

May 2013
Man that misdirection overflow. Hopefully Kuroko can keep it up.
Jan 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
This is so thrilling I wonder how this is going to turn out in the end.
Jan 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Jan 25, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Great Episode! Can't wait for next week :)
Jan 25, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
I love the fact that even though he finally managed to cover for the weakness of his misdirection running out, the downside is that it'll never work again. Makes sense since you're basically forcing your opponents to acknowledge you and they'll never forget that feeling. Good way to balance how ridiculous Kuroko's abilities can be.
Jan 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
SmashTehCookie said:

You'd hate Slam Dunk then, there's a match that takes 18 episodes in that, with 6 dedicated to the last 5 minutes.

Really liking this match, can't wait to see some serious Kagami vs Aomine though, it's been lacking that so far, although the preview doesn't look as though it'll disappoint.

I can't help but laugh now that they're naming every single move though. Gomu Gomu no Vanishing Overflow!
Jan 25, 2014 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
SmashTehCookie said:

It's not like they are slowing the pace though. The match took a lot of chapters in the manga before it ended so..

I guess they could remove that useless recap at the start though.
Jan 25, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
OMG AOMINE IS GONNA BE GETTING INTO THE ZONE, I FEEL SO HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

NEXT EPISODES GONNA KICK ASSSSS >______________<

Kuroko's misdirection overflow was a cool new move, though its a tad bit silly nonetheless badass. Though it really does seem strenuous on him. Don't see him lasting through with Aomine turning crazy.
I honestly don't know how to describe aomine at this stage anymore.
Wonder how the hell Kagami will keep up with him.
Jan 25, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2011
We're in the last 10 minutes now ... tension is killing me.
Jan 25, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
That was intense... great episode. The OST did justice to the anime this time around. Loved the twist with Kuroko's misdirection overflow. :P
Jan 25, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
BWahahahaha... come on, Production I.G. You didn't do anything when the other members of Seirin used the vanishing drive. They literally just disappeared in the next frame. Still, it took me a while to stop laughing even though I've already read this. Even though it had faults, I still loved this episode ;P Go Seirin!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jan 25, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. Feels a little like 'magic' though
Jan 25, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
Disappointed with the zone no show. Like others said, this part was better in the manga, but was still good. 4/5
Jan 25, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
This was the best episode of the season so far in my opinion. Fantastic.

Imayoshi is too boss, doing things that people hate. Dat three.

Kuroko's Misdirection Overflow was introduced more epicly in the manga, but it was still a good intro nonetheless.

Aomine vs Kagami next week, can't wait to see it animated.
Jan 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy! Aomine's about to truly go all out
Jan 25, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Nice analyzing Momoi just like always. I still dislike you.
Poor Kiyoshi his last tournament. His cuteness is killing me. ;_;
The introduction of the misdirection overflow was kinda lame tho'
Whatever it's zone time next week I expect superb animations between Kagami and Aomine.
Jan 25, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2010
and i thought weak presence was a shit excuse. can't understand anything anymore.
Jan 25, 2014 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
MAN THIS IS AWESOME!!! Knb is so much fun to watch and I'm always on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode. I think the pacing of this match is great. Its intense enough for me to be interested, but frustrating enough to make me want to continue rather than skip ahead to reading the manga. Can't wait for the next episode!!! AHHHHH
Jan 25, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Was hoping misdirection overflow would be more epic but if Kagami vs Aomine doesn't disappoint I'll be a happy camper. Hopefully next week is really good!

Ratohnhaketon said:
I can't help but laugh now that they're naming every single move though. Gomu Gomu no Vanishing Overflow!

It's even more funny how no one said overflow out loud during the match and yet Wakamatsu knew the name of it already. xD
Jan 25, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
CRUSH EM NOWWWWW.

Next week is going to be big.

I kinda felt bad for Momoi this episode, Aomine is always being a douche towards her, even in the past, and she's always there for him, screw that fagget.
Jan 25, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
Hanamiya was evil, but to think that someone can be eviler than he is. Smart people are scary.

Down to the last 10 minutes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
misdirection overflow thats pretty tactical. If kuroko had alot of stamina he could go misdirection-overflow-misdirection-overflow cause once hes in overflow people are trying to stop looking at him which brings misdirection back maybe
Jan 25, 2014 4:08 PM

May 2012
Can't wait for the next episode, hopefully it's as good as the manga :D
Jan 25, 2014 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
This this this show makes me shiver almost everytime.

Kuroko's miss direction overflow, i didn't expect someting like that. I like how everybody were suprised about that.
And Aomine is back full concentrated.
Momoi is so.. good, can counterattack almost everything.
Jan 25, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
Dammit they threw in a Teiko flashback. The feels. :(

I have no clue how Kuroko's overflow works LOL Oh well~ Just a sports anime.
Jan 25, 2014 4:17 PM

Sep 2008
Now tell, I dare you, tell me that those cheating bastards were on this level of greatness.

This is KnB, exciting, fun, full of tension, great opponents capable of going toe-to-toe with Seirin players, hell, even being better than Seirin players.

This is KnB, excellent soundtrack, over-the-top moves which defy logic and sense but are still within the bounds of a game.

There is no punching here, there are no blind referees, there is no kickboxing tournament, it's pure fun and joy.
And that is why I hated that game vs those cheaters so much, they were not fun, they were not exciting, they were not even close to other opponents Seirin has. Every single opponent has been epic, this episode proves KnB as a show still has it, there is no need for those fuckers to have ever existed.

Can't wait to see next week. KnB is great.
Jan 25, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2011
Kuroko's techniques get even sillier.
Jan 25, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2013
Misdirection overflow was the ability I hated the most in the entire manga thus far but seeing how it was portrayed in the anime made it seem slightly less of an asspull. Kuroko's ignite pass kai was way too flashy when he did it, probably part of the reason why his misdirection ran out. So when the Touou players saw him making the motion for the ignite pass, they couldn't help but be distracted. It's always troubling seeing the vanishing drive from a 3rd person perspective because the person doing the drive is not supposed to disappear except from the perspective of the person being passed. Seeing Izuki vanish like that is just jarring.

Mortemis said:

It's even more funny how no one said overflow out loud during the match and yet Wakamatsu knew the name of it already. xD

It's a recurring flaw of the manga (and by extension the anime) that the author often made characters suddenly know stuff they weren't supposed to know simply to drive the narrative forward. Like someone thinking about something followed by another player replying as if he had read his thoughts. Spectators often know stuff that only us viewers know.

The episode isn't as well directed as the last, although it's still pretty good. Touou owning Seirin went by way too fast (although it was the same in the manga), and skipped segments like Kagami getting back into position to try to stop Aomine affected the flow of the action.
TorribleJan 25, 2014 4:48 PM
Jan 25, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2010
MISUDIREKUSHION OOBAAFUROO~!!!!!

Lolz :D I knew that it won't end this week. Exciting as always. This should totally be titled 'Kuroko no Bromance' though.

Also in the preview: 'Aomine's playing seriously!'... But I thought that he started playing seriously like two episodes ago ;_; Same with new moves, the new one is pretty confusing... Well, as long as it's addicting as hell I don't mind that much. Go Seirin!
Jan 25, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
Epicness overflow.Aomine is probably having fun =)

SmashTehCookie said:
I, in the opposite am really happy that they are not rushing things.Thats imo how it should be.
Jan 25, 2014 4:54 PM
Dec 2010
We know this bball anime is beyond unrealistic but I can't help but imagine how LeBron would look like if he was in this anime for a game. Would he basically be a God on court?
blaze it
Jan 25, 2014 4:59 PM
Jan 2014
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Akashi? Like, when Overflow is presented and we are shown a whole bunch of people with shocked expressions, but in the middle of it all it cuts to Akashi just standing there with an expression like: "Nope, still don't care."
Jan 25, 2014 5:06 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode, I still get surprised with those moves
Slighten said:
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Akashi? Like, when Overflow is presented and we are shown a whole bunch of people with shocked expressions, but in the middle of it all it cuts to Akashi just standing there with an expression like: "Nope, still don't care."

Yeah, I thought it too! Can't wait to see him in action
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 25, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
oh my god that was EPIC ;alkdsfj
i look forward to this each week lol

the moment when izuka (eagle eye) disappeared was too good
just a great episode throughout. still have no idea how they're gonna win
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

282 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

151 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

111 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2014

101 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2014

108 by NillyPC »»
Apr 19, 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.