Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 24, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
migohunter said:
Shii_Tsuu said:
Overhyped episode to an overhyped Anime that has an overhyped OST where everyone said "Ep 15 and 16 will blow your minds".

Not that I ever believed that Kill la Kill will become anything good.

I'm pretty sure that if you despised KlK from the very beginning, there's little that this show can do to change your mind.
it could have is the thing though, the creators kept hyping its 2nd half up like its supposed to take a entirely different direction from what it was, what we have gotten is we still have a lame comedy series repeating the exact same jokes over and over again and action that consists entirely of pulling powers out of thin fucking air

i didnt start hating kill la kill until about 3 or 4 episodes ago but at the rate its been going its on the fast track to a 3/10, and before someone does that moronic "well if you dont like it just drop it" BS, I dont drop, I would however put this on hold and watch it all when its done airing but i seriously don't think i can take watching this series all at once even if its just 9 more episodes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
this episode, just holy fuck so much action and so intense my nipples almost turned purple, it's happening though, MakoxGamagori is getting more real than ever.
Jan 24, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
So Satsuki is not that strong after all, nui absolutely rape matoi the same time sastuki don't even close to the rape that nui give to matoi. I don't like this at all, i get this is an anime you cant get serious but some things is just over the top.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jan 24, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
Great fight scene, really did dig it. Especially when they fight by the Eiffel tower-esque building!!
Can't wait for the next arc to officially kick off.
Jan 24, 2014 12:13 PM
Oct 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
migohunter said:
Shii_Tsuu said:
Overhyped episode to an overhyped Anime that has an overhyped OST where everyone said "Ep 15 and 16 will blow your minds".

I'm pretty sure that if you despised KlK from the very beginning, there's little that this show can do to change your mind.
it could have is the thing though, the creators kept hyping its 2nd half up like its supposed to take a entirely different direction from what it was, what we have gotten is we still have a lame comedy series repeating the exact same jokes over and over again and action that consists entirely of pulling powers out of thin fucking air

1. I'm fairly certain that "second half" means "when the new OP and ED come in," considering how it looks like the very next episode is going to reveal something important.

2. Give three examples of jokes that repeat "over and over again".

3. When are they "pulling powers out of thin fucking air" outside of the Elite 4 fights (and those "powers" mostly just boil down to shape-shifting)? There was none of that at all this episode.
Jan 24, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
migohunter said:
Shii_Tsuu said:

it could have is the thing though, the creators kept hyping its 2nd half up like its supposed to take a entirely different direction from what it was.

Yeah see, that's the problem. Too many people (myself included) have heard rumors circulating that this episode would be the climax that could change the story completely, introduce a plot twist, etc. While this episode was very good, it didn't deliver on those expectations hence the negative feedback.

If this episode wasn't hyped up like so, more viewers would probably enjoy it, since this is arguably better than episode 3 in terms of action and OST.

Regardless, I trust future episodes will advance the plot further.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 24, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2014
Nice action episode though I wish the battle could have ended more decisively

and what's up with those GamagorixMako hints? shit is weird bro
Jan 24, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2011
Kokopelli said:

2. Give three examples of jokes that repeat "over and over again".
-back when ryuuko was fighting the generals, on the bleachers they used the "put on some clothes" joke twice without any form of variation or change other than 2 characters did it, even the line delivery is identical, plus in the same set of episodes the gamagori is a masochist joke is the same every time

-the teacher stripping and having pink glowing nipples

- mako in general but specifically her spotlight kind of thing where she jumps around jump cut wise is not changed in even the slightest and many times reuses animation from previous ones

those are the 3 big repeated jokes, and to a certain extent the ryyuko talking to sanketsu one is also a repeated joke but that wasnt as over used and hasnt happened in a while

while this episode mainly gets a pass on the repeating jokes since it was mainly "serious" the past episode shave suffered greatly from repeated jokes, though the fact that the only real original joke this ep was of a guy getting buttfucked by a sword it really doesnt help this show in the comedy department, immature humor works but only if you dont rely entirely on the joke being its immature, which kill la kill does

3. When are they "pulling powers out of thin fucking air" outside of the Elite 4 fights (and those "powers" mostly just boil down to shape-shifting)? There was none of that at all this episode.
Ryuuko can just randomly use sanketsu without all the pieces that make him work because of main character powers and suffered absolutely 0 consequences because of it, in fact it helped her in the end which is the dumbest part,also in previous fights such as against non non she randomly was able to fly sanketsu like a jetpack out of no where, and in the fight against the blue haired hacker dude she pulled out the oddly specific move of being able to cover the entire field of battle. And while not a power the bullshit power of friendship conquering ryuuko's rampage

migohunter said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
migohunter said:
Shii_Tsuu said:

it could have is the thing though, the creators kept hyping its 2nd half up like its supposed to take a entirely different direction from what it was.

Yeah see, that's the problem. Too many people (myself included) have heard rumors circulating that this episode would be the climax that could change the story completely, introduce a plot twist, etc. While this episode was very good, it didn't deliver on those expectations hence the negative feedback.

If this episode wasn't hyped up like so, more viewers would probably enjoy it, since this is arguably better than episode 3 in terms of action and OST.

nah id sitll be complaining about this episode even without the hype, its still hitting every single issue i have with the series without change in addition to pretty much lying to us about something important happening, its not just that the ep was disappointing but also the episode in general wasnt good on its own, though stil this was a 3/5 episode for me which is actually the highest rating iv given to a ep of this show in a long time

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, only saw Nudist's Beach's base for a single episode ... hope they rebuild it somehow.

Spot on animation, man ! Next week is hopefully going to be 100% plot development, big fight was for Ep 15.
Jan 24, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:

migohunter said:

nah id sitll be complaining about this episode even without the hype, its still hitting every single issue i have with the series without change in addition to pretty much lying to us about something important happening, its not just that the ep was disappointing but also the episode in general wasnt good on its own, though stil this was a 3/5 episode for me which is actually the highest rating iv given to a ep of this show in a long time

Hence why I worded myself carefully and said "more viewers" would enjoy it. I know you still would dislike the show.

And about repetitive jokes, running gags are pretty common in any anime (and shows in general while we are at it) and some are inherently part of the character. Aikuro's striptease, Mako's monologues, Ryuko talking to Senketsu etc. are pretty essential in defining them.

The "powers out of thin air" in KlK honestly is not much different from TTGL's. If you think about it, the spiral power in TTGL is pretty much an excuse for the characters to pretty much do anything out of sheer willpower. The spiral power is sort of a rationalization of the "random bullshit" just like how Senketsu going berserk is a rationalization for Ryuko pulling off crazy stunts. It's the same brand of logic. And of course for the record, I enjoyed TTGL a lot.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure many things in TTGL actionwise were never explained. Why could Lagann, Simon's gunmen, just by ramming into other gunmen's heads could fuse with them? There was no explanation other than "it was special." It doesn't really make sense but in TTGL you just roll with it.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2008
migohunter said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
migohunter said:
Shii_Tsuu said:

Nein. I started the Anime with somewhat high expections and this dropped after 10 episodes.
It's nothing near epic. The action was very limited so far and so on.

Everyone keeps hyping "wow that fight" "that new stuff" "wooooow"-

Guys... did you even watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?
TTGL destroys Kill la Kill in every aspect yet people hype it on the same level. That's the only thing I can not understand. I don't even want to.

I just find it strange that people overhype it this Anime, meanwhile the jokes aren't funny, it's just too strange to take it serious.

For example the Anime is named Kill la Kill - yet so far no one dies. It's just acting about school fights and a strange rainbow mother who is like Gucci or all those fashion stuff and her daughter (who really needs to be bitchslapped from a TTGL Mecha in my opinion) yet we are at 15th episode and we actually have no idea what is much happening. All we get is this strange setting, where the story does only move slowly forward. We are already almost at the second/half. Not much episodes left if they want to finish it at 23/24/25/26.

If this Anime really wants to change, then something should happen WHAT makes this series worth those 15 episodes I have watched so far. But I don't have high hopes for that series anymore. Guess I will be kinda happy when I can put in completed and never touch it again.
Jan 24, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2012
I thought it was a pretty good episode. I was somewhat disappointed cause the episode was so hyped and I thought something more would happen.
Whatever, I still liked it and I hope for an amazing 9 more episodes.
Jan 24, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2011
Everything is going to change come the next epd. Satsuki has figured out that Ryuko is getting stronger, hence the stalemate with Ryuko. I think things will start to become dark in the next 3 epds. If im correct in TTGL everything started to get really good with 8 epds left.
HungLikeaZombieJan 24, 2014 1:39 PM
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 24, 2014 2:47 PM
Oct 2012
The director once equated Fashion with Fascist because they sound the same in Japanese, that I believe is going to prove to be the key to this series. Satsuki and the others, and even nudist beach, both view clothing as objects, something to be worn (fashion) as a status/power or for what it provides the wearer (fascsim), Ryuko though is the one who treats her clothing as her friend, in short she appreciates it for what it is, not for what it does.

That is why she is going to defeat Satsuki and the rest of the fashion fascists, because being natural (and not all natural) is far more attractive than trying to look attractive.
Jan 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
harimenui said:
Using the opening theme for the credits? Mikisugi's last line? The next episode preview?

Yep. Next episode is definitely going to throw up some huge revelations.

Perhaps episode 16 is the big 'plot twist' episode, as opposed to this one like most people believed?

I feel like people have been saying this the past 5 eps... No. No there wont be huge revelations in the following episodes. I doubt the writers have it in them to bring about any revelation in general. OK, they'll reveal something we haven't known but it wont be big, and it might even be something we expected. The opening 3 episodes reeked of ridiculous amount of potential that hasn't been lived up to. Fair enough, not everything reaches its full potential but KLK has fallen really short.

Half way through the series and it has already become stale, stagnant, whatever you want to call it. This episode didn't do much aside from introduce more explosions.

The Satsuki and Ryuko fight was just like the first + Ryuko's new powers. Her powers haven't really been fleshed out either. Basically she's put into a situation, then Senketsu does exactly what's necessary to get her out of it. It's too ass-pully, even with the excuse that Senketsu is a unique kind of Kamui. Satsuki hasn't changed much either she's still really ambiguous, they still swing their swords the exact same way and they still fight for an ambiguous cause. There's no real feel of growth within the cast, you get the odd dynamic between characters but its only shared maybe for a moment to make way for random comedic moments or mindnumbing action. Character development so far has been almost non-existant

The series as a whole has been animated lazily, I respect they may not have the resources to pull off some Watanabe-level fluid motion but you get the feeling they aren't even trying, case in-point, this episode while Ryuko and Satsuki fight they turn into white and black blurs obviously to signify how fast they are moving, but in reality it allows them to waste more time on the fight without needing to animate anything in particular. I can respect this in long running series' like Dragonball because they've got 10x the amount of episodes to work with. 26 episode action-oriented anime made in 2013. You expect something that can visually match the stuff I've seen in the 90s (so far it hasn't btw).

I honestly feel like people's disappointment for this episode is merely a microcosm for their disappointment in the series as a whole. I'm not even saying it hasn't lived up to the hype people gave it. It hasn't lived up to the (I want to say deserved) hype it gave itself early on. We've gotten nowhere, we don't understand the extent of the Kamui's power, their origin, we don't know why Satsuki is doing her mother's bidding when there's clearly some kind of conflict between them. We don't even know the origin of REVOCS or Nudist Beach when these 2 are the main power organisations of the series.

So pretty much everything important to the plot and development of the current main and supporting cast, as well as the cast we haven't seen much of, will need to be shoehorned into the coming episodes. Basically it's taken too long to progress so I don't know what's meant to happen from this point on. What I'm hoping is the series starts to find its way and regain direction. Better development of its cast if it wants to have an epic resolution.
Jan 24, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
DarkCyclone said:
harimenui said:
Using the opening theme for the credits? Mikisugi's last line? The next episode preview?

Yep. Next episode is definitely going to throw up some huge revelations.

Perhaps episode 16 is the big 'plot twist' episode, as opposed to this one like most people believed?

I feel like people have been saying this the past 5 eps...

Pretty much. My roommates watch this series too, and they have been saying how everything is going to change the next episode...since episode 12.
Jan 24, 2014 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
Intense
Jan 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
You guys realize that half this episode was transformation sequences right?

This isn't getting any better or worse (besides episode 14 being terrible). It's gonna take a lot to redeem this show in my eyes considering they just repeat the same battle formula over and over again, with the usual convenient power ups and abilities for the characters.

Also, Nudist Beach is not funny and it never will be.
Jan 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. That was a nice episode. Now can't wait to learn about Ryuko's dad and the Nudist Beach.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 3:53 PM
Nov 2013
Best episode, best fight and amazing OSTs. Looks like the next one is going to be really interesting and important for the story progression.
Jan 24, 2014 3:59 PM
Nov 2013
Just wondering, has anyone found the "web version" of the Ep 16 preview that displays 30 seconds of what's going to happen?
Jan 24, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
first half part was lame but ryuko saved it .
Jan 24, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
suuuuch an intense episode. loved it!
i especially like how much girl power there is. you dont fuck with satsuki or ryuko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far imo
Jan 24, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
Sticking the stick into the hole was...urgh disturbing to see.

Indeed, especially considering it was all the way to the hilt... That's some serious deflowering right there.
Jan 24, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
Best Kill La Kill episode, EVER. You don't mess with the elite 4 or you get your ass whooped, and seeing Ryuko and Satsuki go at it is just pure BADASS. I give this episode a 10/10 :)
Jan 24, 2014 8:12 PM

Sep 2013
How damn big can Gamagori grow 0_0

Lol well he likes it in the ass :P

That fight between Ryuko vs Satsuki was intense as always.
Jan 24, 2014 8:14 PM

Oct 2012
Dat Mako flag from Ira. he was worried about Mako. ''Even if its you.''

http://i.imgur.com/FYy68xr.jpg

So pumped for next episode net week we will get:

-New OP
-New ED
-New Studio helping with animation
-Appearance from Ragyo

So fucking excited for next episode.
Jan 24, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
I started out for the most part disliking this show...And now...its finally gotten to the point where I think this show could actually have a chance at beating out Gurren Lagann in my favorites.

I like how the story has been going somewhere these past few episodes and how the show doesn't feel silly anymore, even when its ridiculously over the top.
Jan 24, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2008
I cringed when Sanageyama used the shinai to... ugh.

Other than that, this was a freaking brilliant episode! I was really hyped for this fight. Only one minor complaint was that I wish we get to see more of the Nudist Beach fight.

Funniest part was when Gamagoori challenged Mako to a fight, and all Mako did was stare at him.

When Satsuki was fighting Ryuko, I was half-expecting Nui to show up just to screw everything up.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 24, 2014 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
Fucking intense episode
Jan 25, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2011
I love how Mako's way of fighting is simply staring the enemy down, and Gamagoori just takes it.

... like the rich dude at the beginning of the episode.

Great episode. Can't wait to see the new OP/ED!

Jan 25, 2014 3:45 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome episode...! The intense battle, the OST and the "draw senketsu sword" from ryukos body :o
also... it Must've hurt from behind :3

Thoroughly, I enjoyed the episode but it's always better when ryuko enters the scene on her bike ^^
Next week can't come soon enough.
Jan 25, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode but the climax was kinda lame. It looks like the Nudist beach is going to reveal something.
Jan 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2012
The fight between the generals and nudist beach was awesome.

The battle with Satsuki and Ryuko was amazing. To bad no one finished anyone off in this episode.

Great episode!!!
Jan 25, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
dat OP. le sigh, Stark.
Jan 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2010
Epic episode .. that fight scenes ... wow.
Jan 25, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2013
Huh.

That episode was actually decent. It held my attention for most of it, at least, which is more than can be said for the past few episodes. Surprising too, considering that this was almost essentially pure action, which I usually dislike.
Strange.

I'm also genuinely looking forward to episode 16. First time in a while I actually care about what happens next.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 25, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty epic. Finally some good animation.
Jan 25, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
So, was this episode supposed to be the clímax of the first part?

Laaaame
Forever_AJan 25, 2014 1:51 PM
Jan 25, 2014 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
This Ep was so awesome, that fight ... just wow
Jan 25, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
Brilliant episode, Kill la Kill exceeds all my expectations.

Why Ira cares about Mako that much? :D
Jan 25, 2014 3:09 PM

Aug 2012
that was too epic.. really really great animation that fits this... i love the new elite 4 is really bad ass...

and anyone agree with Gamagori x Mako there? they so cool together
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 25, 2014 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
Wow the 'tsuki' attack was pretty graphic haha
Pretty good episode, some nice action sequences, love the new henshins for the elite 4
Jan 25, 2014 3:53 PM

Feb 2011
That was intense! :p as always i can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 25, 2014 4:05 PM
Nov 2013
My reaction to this ep: OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGG !

Sichi said:
that was too epic.. really really great animation that fits this... i love the new elite 4 is really bad ass...

and anyone agree with Gamagori x Mako there? they so cool together

I Agree with Gamagori and Mako xD
A badass hardcore man with a nonsense girl results in a funny couple.
Jan 25, 2014 5:40 PM
Sep 2013
I could care less about plot with that style of directing.

It was an extremely entertaining episode.
Jan 25, 2014 7:22 PM
Jul 2018

Pretty intense battle between Ryuuko and Satsuki.
Gamagoori x Mako :3 I think it was so cool. HAHA
Jan 25, 2014 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
I thought this episode was absolutely awesome :D
I didn't want it to end can't wait for next weeks episode now really can feel that hype.
Jan 25, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2013
Head! Body! Wrist! Head! Body! Wrist! Head! Body! Wrist!

Thrusting bamboo sword into up teh arse! LOL

Ryuko seems to be back on track and became stronger as well as closer to Sengetsu.

Overall awesome episode, can't wait for the next!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.