Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 20, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
Why do Cecil insist on wearing that kind of outfit??? Wizard Barristers are like lawyers.. if she want people to respect her then she should wear formal clothes... battle outfit my ass.. I hope there is a deeper and more concrete reason as to why she keeps wearing that cosplay outfit because right now I'm thinking shes just trying to be cute which is really annoying as hell.

as someone who's currently taking up the subject of Constitution.. I think the court trial was very interesting...

wtf is the deal with the prosecution party?? the guy killed a robber for fuck's sake.. its just ridiculous
Jan 20, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2012
ZodiacBeast said:
I didn't find this episode too bad, other than the quickness with which the case was ended. They'll argue that an average woman was lying because she felt sorry for the guy but when a member of the gang the guy that died belong to testifies they suddenly believe him? Wow. They should have at least cross examined him, because there was the off chance that he was being intimidated by Cecil and pals. He wasn't, but how did the court know that?

It's testimony against a strong accusation from the prosecution team. They are charging him based on his alliances/links to that gang. So when a gang member stated that he killed one of their members and that he wasn't linked to them, that accusation is now thrown out of the window.

They might have done the cross-examining later, since there was a time skip before the judgement.

Given the discrimination against magic users, criminals are "guilty unless not proven guilty". Just the way Ace Attorney was. This show is definitely Ace Attorney in magic style, and I love it.

Also, that woman was lying not because she felt sorry for that guy. She was lying because of intimidation from her boss and she felt guilty about it because he saved her and his life is now at stake, so she had to admit that she was lying after that (change of statement).

I agree that Cecil's battle clothes are a real problem. I wonder if there is anything she can do to present herself formally in court.

I have a few questions that are baffling still. Ageha said she was human, yet she can use illusion magic? Or was it that the other guy she brought with her could use magic, but she couldn't?
sentienceJan 20, 2014 9:46 PM
Jan 20, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Now that you mention it, I believe Ageha's using Illusion magic on us now lmao. Is she human or a wud? Is the 'accomplice' the one with magic or not? I thought she only said she's human in the presence of the No Face gang so they'll take them lightly but when you think about it, you may be right.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 20, 2014 10:10 PM

May 2012
xchee said:
Now that you mention it, I believe Ageha's using Illusion magic on us now lmao. Is she human or a wud? Is the 'accomplice' the one with magic or not? I thought she only said she's human in the presence of the No Face gang so they'll take them lightly but when you think about it, you may be right.

I re-watched that part, I think she's not lying, the guy she brought in with her could use illusion magic. So she's human.
That law agency has both humans and wizards in there. That's really interesting then.

Jealous newbie seems to use defense type magic too. I wonder when she would get along with Cecil.
Jan 21, 2014 12:06 AM
Jan 2008
sentience said:
Also, that woman was lying not because she felt sorry for that guy. She was lying because of intimidation from her boss and she felt guilty about it because he saved her and his life is now at stake, so she had to admit that she was lying after that (change of statement).

Oops, forgot about that. I guess I mixed it in with her having a friendly relationship with the guy. Dunno how I forgot the scene where they were talking to her and the boss was sitting next to her, pressuring her to say one thing when she wanted to say another.
Jan 21, 2014 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
not enough bon.

great episode though
Jan 21, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
The judicial laws in this anime is twisted. I can't believe on how they can sentence a person to death without any objective evidence. Gonna keep watching though.

And please, remove the mechas, it is so unfitting.
julyanJan 21, 2014 2:37 AM
Jan 21, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
boring ! :/ And mecha stuff -,- Really? It was horribly done for one and two please stick to the Magic + Law The characters are all horribly annoying and the MC is so stupid and naive. I will give this anime the benefit of the doubt and watch the next episode.....

Oh and the trial was a joke....
AppoXJan 21, 2014 10:07 AM
I am a human.
Jan 21, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Apology said:
Cecil did well, he managed to defend his client as a magical rookie lawyer. The scene of the wicks was not so bad.

Yeah
Jan 21, 2014 3:18 PM

Jan 2014
I like the series so far, although i do agree that the mech's are quite unfitting, magic by itself should be enough. The style is pretty fluent and i like the characters, they all very distinctive in what they like and their thoughts about each other. I'm definitely following this and i'll likely watch it all, unless it goes totally of rail. I'm not that picky when it's about how realistic a series takes approach on IRL stuff, for example the court and evidence.

Also... Hi I'm quite new in the Anime community o/
CandyFaceJan 21, 2014 3:21 PM
Jan 21, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
Am I the only one who keeps reading the title "Banmeshi Cecil"? Dinner Cecil. Haha.

CandyFace said:
Also... Hi I'm quite new in the Anime community o/

*waves*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Dec 2011
I had forgotten the traffic incident as well... I was getting worried there.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 22, 2014 8:18 AM

Oct 2011
Happy that Cecil won her case! The laws seem a bit stupid - way too easy for an innocent defendant to end up being given a guilty charge.
Jan 22, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2009
So far so good, I like this better than the last episode :)

I wish people would stop bitching about every little thing -_-'
Jan 22, 2014 1:07 PM
Dec 2013
I think the law side of this series is a little silly thus far, but I do understand the extreme prejudice against wizards.

However, with the amount of power they seem to have, I'm amazed they aren't causing chaos constantly to and fro.

But also, yes, Cecil's outfits are pretty annoying. Battle outfit? Really? Jeezus.

But the mecha really killed it for me...

WHY WHY WHY would you put mecha and magic together?

STOP IT

I'm sticking with this for the amazing action sequences, animation, and character designs for now. Not gonna lie, but I really do love the fact all the characters are mature. The high school shit is done and over now, please let it die.
Jan 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2012
cecil kinda pisses me off?? like her courtroom abilities are awesome but her personality kinda annoys me, is that weird?
either way it was a cool case, reminds me a lot of ace attorney.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 4:52 AM
Oct 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:
we have 1:30 mecha action which was good and everyone is like no this is stupid, but if it had been some magic fire dragon everyone would have been man that was pretty cool. Really people? WTF is so wrong with Mecha? Great epd 5/5

Some people just do't like mecha. Its bad enough this anime isn't labled as mecha/magic. I'm sure a lot of ppl went into this without expecting to see mecha.
Jan 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Sep 2010
People is saying that the court was a joke, im not a fan of this anime, but i think that it was decent. I think that they said us in the first case how easy is to sentence a death penalty in that reality, mages are treated as an totalitarian regime. even a suspicion or a circumstantial evidence can sentence you to death.

The detective said in the first episode that she was yet a cop capturing mages because it was easy to get them killed or in jail. It wasnt a good or funny court, but it wasn't a total nonsense from that point.

In any case i hope that they get better court and cases, because mecha action really sucks in this anime, and the interesant part is the detective/court part. i did hope nothing of this anime, but now i hope that they get better than this episode, because i like the idea. Btw psycho pass was a total disappointment, i hope this serie is better.
Jan 24, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
Seriously what's up with the mecha shit LOL

also death penalty for circumstantial evidence. makes sense.... (sarcasm)

Jan 24, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2012
still not like it very much,.. if next episode is still same I'm gonna drop it..
but I like the frog XD
Jan 25, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
Woah, Ageha is human with no magic in her?! I thought being the boss of a wizard barrister firm she automatically would have magical abilities as well, too much presumption on my part there. X_x Who were those smirking bishounen guys sitting in the court sidelines? The ones who tested her abilities last episode?

So that's how big her diaboloid really is when it's fully completed, I've seen it in the OP and ED last time but given the dockyard scale reference this show is really starting to look like a mecha for me as well!

We'll probably hear more about articles 9 and 10 of the Magical Prohibition Law in the future episodes. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2011
Their court hearing sucks. The plaintiff had no evidence/witness against the defendant yet the judge was forcing for a death penalty. Bullshit. No wonder, it is by the same director which worked on Galilei Donna.
Jan 26, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2012
Silent_Scream said:
Their court hearing sucks. The plaintiff had no evidence/witness against the defendant yet the judge was forcing for a death penalty. Bullshit. No wonder, it is by the same director which worked on Galilei Donna.

The prosecution was about to use video evidence of him going into the bank constantly even after he was fired as evidence against him. Then also using some kind of allegation that he was related to the No Face gang.

Should also be noted that the court is biased against magic users. It's not unbelievable that things like these could happen with discrimination.

Also, this whole series go by "guilty unless proven innocent". Just like Ace Attorney.
Jan 26, 2014 11:59 AM
Jan 2014
Good episode. Still trying to get used to the character designs although it is not that big of a deal.

The mechs are looking fine. Don't know why ppl are fussing over it.

I hope the article 9 and 10 will be explained more later because right now it seems quite unclear.
Jan 27, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
Disappointment caused by mismatch between expectations people have (even if it's ) and what happen in reality. The same apply with the addition of mecha here....

Silent_Scream said:

I think it would be almost impossible to include the the usual court processes in the show, considering it is only 12 episodes. If you are searching for those just watch those law series
TriZenJan 27, 2014 11:18 PM
Jan 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
So this is a magic-comedy-mecha-drama?

It's really hard for me to like a sensationalized courtroom drama anime.
I cringe every time she offers her services when she is cornered by a perpetrator. I honestly don't know what is so special about her, she is very "ditsy".

Guilty until proven innocent sure sucks.
Jan 30, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Every frame is packed with things going on and the animation is top notch.
Jan 31, 2014 5:06 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The character design is not well made​​, but not a movie. Like or dislike, I'm one of those for sure, because I've had it up to the usual moe character design.
Beautiful wallpapers are very beautiful and detailed, the plot pretty good although not clearly defined what you want to base, if the circumstances in court or on the conduct of cases.
Narration is not bad, it will not be like the stories seen in Perry Mason, but for now only the second episode. In the future, perhaps we could be more passion, so if you want to say! XD
Good animations.
Feb 9, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2008
This show kinda reminds my fiance n i of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for all those that have seen the show will know what we mean but if not go look it up on IMDB its a good show.

But other then that this so far has been a cool series not to much action though for the most part but yeah good characters though
Feb 9, 2014 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Valeria-chan said:
This show kinda reminds my fiance n i of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for all those that have seen the show will know what we mean but if not go look it up on IMDB its a good show.

But other then that this so far has been a cool series not to much action though for the most part but yeah good characters though

No Stabler, no Olivia, this show has a long way to go to be as good as SVU. I do like it so far though. Only seen 2 episodes thus far, but looking forward to catching up.
Feb 12, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
Cecil strikes me as "Legally Blond" for joining the lawyer side
I thought it would be mainly about magic in battles, but it turned out to have Mecha as well which looked quite good

Seeing Nana genie at the stove was amusing and served well as comic relief again

Kohinata got his justice thankfully, but he did killed a person

razisgosu said:
Valeria-chan said:
This show kinda reminds my fiance n i of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

No Stabler, no Olivia, this show has a long way to go to be as good as SVU. I do like it so far though. Only seen 2 episodes thus far, but looking forward to catching up.

Nowhere near SVU indeed
Feb 19, 2014 6:41 AM

Jun 2011
This is where I know this show is not for me. I dislike how they give Cecil some favoritism, I mean her colleague, that sucks for Hotaru. The mecha battle sucks, I wanted some magic stuff with human, not some mecha. Sigh, and those magics from the OP or ED sequence looked good. w/e Dropped.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 10, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2012
i enjoyed this better than the first actually, the whole system is by no means fair... very flawed actually, but tbh people have been convicted and put on death row based on circumstantial eveidence? But this system is basically.. you use magic in anyway shape or form and they want you punished!

apart from that, wasn't bad but obviously with the whole plot revolving around it being about this magical law system it might just bring the show the down overall!
Apr 17, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, quite enjoyed the mecha action and the court development and of course Norio <3
Aug 8, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2012
womp womp...

very shallow show.. but then again this was just an intro for a 12 EP anime..

hopefully her mom's case (main event) would be more in dept than this shit..

5/10 so far
Sep 14, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
I am really liking this anime so far for its funny/serious characters, art, diaboloid mecha scenes, and that frog xD
Jun 8, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
Pknoctis said:
I'm sure Hotaru's bad attitude will be explained later on and we'll have to sympathize or w/e with her, but for now - wow, what a bitch. People like that are the worst.

Also, this law system is ridiculous. There's no concrete proof against the defendant, but they're still charging him with a possible death penalty, like come ON.

It's Japan. Have you seen their conviction ratio? They don't care about justice. They care keeping their convicting ratio high.
Even in today Japan they operate with the accused having to prove his innocence instead of the accusers proving his guilt.

PrimeX said:

wtf is the deal with the prosecution party?? the guy killed a robber for fuck's sake.. its just ridiculous

Public prosecutors many times become obsessed with convicting people to improve their record they forget their job isn't to convict people but to serve justice.
There so obsessed with achieving that that they turn blind eye even when they can see they could be convicting an innocent person.
If we also take into account that people in that society seem to have a fear and dislike of magicians and act even more hostile against them, then the answer for their actions is simple.
MonadJun 9, 2015 12:56 AM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.