Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2009 8:48 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get to see a bit more into Touko's life in this episode. She has talks with Kanako, Kashiwaqi, Yumi, Sachko and Noriko. This episode was a great setup for what maybe Yumi giving her Rosarie to Touko. Although, I think Touko may have pushed Yumi farther away.

Let's hope it happens and the last episode is on when Sachko graduates.
BeaveMar 15, 2009 7:57 AM
Mar 14, 2009 10:34 AM
Nov 2007
Beave said:

Blasphemy! More like let's hope for another season! XD

I haven't read the novels yet, so it was a big revelation to me that
I thought the reveal was incredibly well done in the episode, and I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next.
Mar 14, 2009 12:01 PM

Oct 2006
;_; Thank god Noriko appeared in the end!
Mar 15, 2009 8:00 AM

Feb 2009
cybercircuit1 said:
Beave said:

Blasphemy! More like let's hope for another season! XD

I haven't read the novels yet, so it was a big revelation to me that
I thought the reveal was incredibly well done in the episode, and I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next.

You maybe right the next episode is the Card hunt on Valentines day. There might be another season. I just hope Yumi and Touko work things out. Yumi does love Touko, but Touko keeps pushing her away.

niwasatou said:
;_; Thank god Noriko appeared in the end!

That was a good ending when Noriko showed up at the end. Very moving.
Mar 15, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2007
I kind of got the feeling the animation quality became better again..

Awesome episode with some great drama.
Makes me so look forward to the next one.
Mar 15, 2009 12:28 PM

Oct 2007
The decision of where to place the "camera" and the attention of facial details was perfect with this highly emotional episode. This was by far the best one of the series and bumped the series up from an 8 to a 9 for me. This episode was what I was waiting for. All that power and emotion that was built up in Touko...we finally see it and know why it's there.

I too think that there should be at least a few more episodes to wrap up this show like the novels. I don't know if it can stretch a whole season out though. All I can say is I hope the show is getting a lot of support so that they can finish it up.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 15, 2009 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
pretty cute episode >:3

Mar 15, 2009 4:32 PM

Apr 2008
Touko's 'count to 100' penance sounds close to the way you would actually use a rosary or juzu. Looks like one won't be in her hands until the end of the series, even though she's got the picture at this point after confronting everyone.

I agree, animation-wise this episode was a lot more dynamic than usual, which goes along with the relatively intense nature of the story right now and Touko's dramatic personality.

And Noriko is still the best. Yumi seems frustrated, so seeing Noriko's face appear at the end was even better, I think.
Mar 15, 2009 6:16 PM
Aug 2007
I could really sympathise with Touko in this episode as her way of thinking is similar to one which I had in the past. I was getting really pissed of at the dragging out of this but the reveal was actually worth it.

Completely calm and collected Yumi is a strange sight though.
Mar 15, 2009 9:27 PM

Apr 2008
I wonder if she really is, though. She got her techniques from Sachiko who only manages to look in control in front of others long enough for her to get out of sight, then goes hysterical. I doubt that walk to the gate was easy.
Mar 15, 2009 9:38 PM

Feb 2008
wow, that built up pretty well. finally everything falls into place. for a second it got kinda annoying, but now we know whats going on, it makes it all worth it.

that was some bomb she dropped though.
Mar 17, 2009 6:06 AM
May 2008
ya, this ep. touko look very pity. and the most interesting part is touko's background and why last summer she did't go to canada and because of yumi. Ah~~ touch.
yeah, expect next ep. that how they recover their relationship.
Mar 20, 2009 9:39 AM

Aug 2007
It was interesting though, this episode Touko-chan's cover ups seemed much more forced than in the other episodes.

And the car speeding was the most action-ish thing you'll ever get to see with Marimite, so I re-watched it at least five times. xD Vroooom.

Speaking of which... Touko-chan could of come to Canada?! Damn it! Come to Canada, Touko-chan! ;DDDDD

Oh oh oh, and Sachiko-sama was really super cool at that last scene, it's like she single-handedly created the conclusion for the anime. And her hair flowing when she left was a big visual impact(and I totally thought for a second there that the wind was going to show us touko-chan's underwear, but thankfully it's Marimite xD).
ItenaMar 20, 2009 10:23 AM
Mar 24, 2009 12:51 PM

Mar 2007
This episode made cry... now I just want to see Touko become Yumi's soeur and be happy T_T
Mar 30, 2009 1:27 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, i never expected Touko to be an adopted child... And wow... Suguru-san almost became a demon ^^ That "I must go to the restroom" was hilarious :)
Feb 16, 2010 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
Finally, Touko-chan destroyed her tsundere shell.
This was a great episode-gozaru.
Jan 25, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2010
Cried at the end..., Noriko you are an angel.

Probably one of the most emotional moments in all Marimite.
Feb 14, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
I've watched this episode so many times but that counting to 100 scene with Noriko appearing always gets me teary-eyed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 2, 2014 11:43 AM
Sep 2011
I've been watching the Maria-sama ga miteru franchise for a whole month and I can't believe I didn't hear a bout this anime before,It's just beautiful and it's too bad I didn't get watch it while it was airing .

This season is the best one of the Maria-sama seasons .I thoughts that the OVA was good but too slow .

This episode was one the best in the whole series.Finally Touko dropped the facade and let it all out .The emotions and expressions on her face was very well done in my opinion especially during her conversation with Yumi and Sachiko.

I loved Yumi maturity here and I couldn't believe that this was the same Yumi from season 1 and 2 .She has grown so much this season and I loved that countdown scene with Touko (it was very well done )

We finally get to know Touko secret and why she was acting the way she does ,I'm glad that Noriko was there for Touko at the time when she needed her the most.She has become one of my favorite supporting character in this series ..

RozalthiricMay 2, 2014 11:47 AM
Jun 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Apr 2008
Getting real tired of Touko's shit, disappointed this whole season is about her bullshit.
Jun 29, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
Plate said:
Getting real tired of Touko's shit, disappointed this whole season is about her bullshit.

Gonna have to agree. Glad this episode got to the conclusion of that arc and now we can focus on other(better) things

Overall though the episode was pretty good! I'm beginning to like Noriko and Sachiko looked so elegant and cool in this episode, although it seems a bit out of place since there are literally 2 episodes left before the end of the series and I would've preferred to focus more on Sachiko and Rei leaving, and i guess the end of Marimite in general

Oct 24, 2014 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
It seems Kashiwagi Suguru is really in love with Yumi-chan, that gave me a surprise =))
Dec 23, 2014 12:37 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, what an episode. Not going to lie, I completely sympathize with Touko about loneliness. The whole "I'm scared to count to open my eyes and find myself alone" and "I just want someone by my side" thing.

The wind is so dramatic hahaha. Sachiko's all like "my hair's fabulous, Yumi's fabulous, you're not, k bye"
Feb 11, 2015 9:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Toko gets what she deserved, for thinking that low of Yumi. Sachiko knows Yumi better than anyone. Big revelation to Sachiko as well, Toko not being a real Matsudaira.

Yumi acting all calmly. I'm liking her mature and decisive personality.

Sep 15, 2017 5:56 AM
Aug 2014
Hopefully this is the end of the Touko drama. Which all was because she's not the real daughter of some rich dude; it's not like Yumi's family is really well off so I'm not sure why Touko would think that would be an issue at all.
Aug 29, 2019 5:57 PM
Aug 2014
Aye guessed it. Her mom asking where her baby is, Kashiwagi realizing she was bullied by those girls and lastly her self deprecation cemented it.
Oct 23, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2010
Lorezhno said:
Hopefully this is the end of the Touko drama. Which all was because she's not the real daughter of some rich dude; it's not like Yumi's family is really well off so I'm not sure why Touko would think that would be an issue at all.

I'm sure this is deliberate; Touko's fears are not rational. Her parents and grandfather insist that she's loved (her mom certainly wasn't lying when she called her "my baby" in her sleep), and she's certain Yumi and Sachiko knew she's adopted when it was unknown to both. Her rejection of Yumi at Christmas was the same way; she accused Yumi of Christmas charity when it was only Toko herself who alluded to that concept earlier in her performance.

Toko is a take on the prideful, self-centered rich brat whose excessively interior life is defined by fear that she's not loved.
Jan 8, 2022 1:06 PM

Aug 2018
Well, this senpai of Touko, it seems, understands Touko more than anyone else, to be honest.. She could be great older sister for Touko, it feels..
Baka mitai.. Well.. Dame da ne.. Dame yo, dame na na yo..
Apr 25, 2022 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
So, the people Touko live with are not her biological parents. Yumi didn't know this, and even so, it would not make her like Touko any less. Touko realizes this now.

May 2, 2022 2:56 AM

Jul 2021
This is giving me a hint that Touko become Yumi's soeur, kind of teared up but still no attachment in me whatsoever ; )
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 29, 2022 7:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode slapped from beginning to end imo, starting the glimpse into Touko’s family situation it’s hard to tell what’s going on exactly, but it’s nice to finally have some kind of info about it. And then the Kashiwagi and Touko car ride bit got really intense once Kashiwagi entered the danger zone lol, but Touko breaking the tension with her need to pee was great lol, and of course Kashiwagi managed to get info out of Touko which was his intention apparently.

And after another bad meeting between Touko and Yumi (which makes this next part even better) the best part of this entire season happened, Sachiko helping Touko realize her misunderstanding of Yumi, like wow I really loved that moment, it was really cool. After all the buildup to that moment it really hit, it worked on me. I’m wondering what Touko’s next move will be now, but man I’m still relishing in that moment lol, what a great end to the episode and a great moment for the series in general.

And thankfully Noriko came back, Touko definitely needed her in that moment and was definitely nicer to see as opposed to Touko being left alone after that. But yeah, this was probably the best episode of the season so far for me.
Mar 3, 2023 12:51 PM

Aug 2021
fire episode i got goosebumps straight up
i knew it was worth it to suffer through all the abominations this series produced for moments like these
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Jul 2023
I was wrong to think that in the previous episode, Touko stood in the elections for the sake of Yumi. It turns out that, beyond her Asuka-like façade, she is more like Shinji with the hedgehog dilemma, feeling that she wants to connect with Yumi but she only ends up hurting Yumi with her sharp tongue and being hurt in return (nothing intentional on Yumi's part).

I really like that we get to see Touko at her most vulnerable, and we also get to appreciate how pure Yumi's heart is.

Their inevitable sœur relationship is unthinkable if you've just watched the events in S2.
patkarununganDec 25, 2023 3:43 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 9 Discussion

Teddy - Mar 9, 2009

11 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.