Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2014 3:15 PM
Oct 2012
Never a dull episode in this anime!
Specifically, this arc!
I really like the narrative storytelling that this arc is full of.
This episode really benefits from the detailed explanations
of character's decisions and emotions.

Also, Pitou seems more male now. :\
Her/his voice sounded deeper as well.
Jan 14, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
1idd0kun said:
Airsyk said:
Acropyre said:
The entire episode was probably happening under 2 minutes.

10 seconds actually.

No, the scene with the King spans a few minutes. The Youpi scene is the one that is slowed down.

Ah ok.
Jan 14, 2014 3:24 PM
Nov 2012
Nice ep, I honestly can't see the King losing right now, can't wait to see his abilities.

There is one thing that bothers me - if Killua knew what Dragon Dive was, why didn't he know about nen until the Heavens Arena arc? I would definitely ask Zeno how he did all those holes in the ground.
Jan 14, 2014 3:24 PM
Feb 2013
I felt like it would probably have been better if they shorten Shoot's flashback moment during the stairway part.

But overall, I get a lot of chill from this episode, just like I had in the previous. Awesome stuff.

I really don't mind slow-mo storytelling here. It makes sense since it actually shows how tight the situation was, and everyone's action was fast and important to quickly adapt to the all sorts of unexpected events occurring in the palace.
Jan 14, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2008
damnnnnn that so awesomeeeeeeeeee the strategy aspect SO OP love this show cant wait for next episode! This episode gave me chills!!!
Jan 14, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
So many things happened in just a few minutes (if not just one or less than one). The writing for this scene was superb.
For some reason, the 2 latest episodes gave me a feeling of fulfillment, even though they were mostly based on slow-mo + narration. I could feel the tension and anxiety flowing out of the screen.
Can't wait for the next episodes, there seems to be a few fast-paced fights in the preview.
Jan 14, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2013
Lots of development from Gon, it's obvious that his mental fortitude has now transcended above everyone's expectations. Starting to like Gon after always thinking he was a stereotypical fool of a main character. Besides that, the tension when Pitou used her En was incredible, trying to get to the king as fast as she can. The final scene with Netero and Zeno was amazingly executed as well, since they expected the ants to be unable to love. It turns out to be more ambiguous than that, since in this case they were the ones who killed Komugi while the king is the one grieving over her. Magnificent episode all in all, the narrator couldn't have done it better, next week's animation looks much more fluid and sublime. 5/5 from me and I hope Madhouse don't let us down :D
Jan 14, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
They need to design a new rating system for episodes like this, because this was absolutely amazing.

Jan 14, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
A nice episode, the slow motion was annoying and the animation was meh. But I prefer the narrator in the anime. Reading him was insanely annoying when all you wanted was to flip the page to know what happens next.
Jan 14, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
Hopefully the next episode has more action and less narration.

HXH FOR LIFE!!

Mod Edit: spoiler tag added.
rodacJan 14, 2014 7:51 PM
Jan 14, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2013
patrykvan said:
Nice ep, I honestly can't see the King losing right now, can't wait to see his abilities.

There is one thing that bothers me - if Killua knew what Dragon Dive was, why didn't he know about nen until the Heavens Arena arc? I would definitely ask Zeno how he did all those holes in the ground.

He saw nen all the time and even used it when he was tailing people or changed his hands for a kill. But he was never told what it was.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 14, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
This is why HXH(2011) is my favorite long-running Shonen Anime with Yu Yu Hakusho, this episode was so epic and intense!
Jan 14, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2009
Shit, that was one hell of an episode. Okay, at first I was caught off guard by the slow motion in the Youpi part, but I can understand it given the short anoint of time it happened in. What really took this to another level, and this isn't all that surprising I guess, is the stuff with Mereum. The black and white part was an excellent visual and seeing a monster show "love for a life" was just about the last thing Zeno and Netero expected to see. Fucking love Mereum's character.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 14, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
So how would people feel if a majority of the fights in this part of the series were in slow motion? Just curious
After quite some episodes, the narration will halt every so often. It shouldn't be that bad. (I just now skimmed through later parts of the manga.)
Then again, that is assuming the budget is maintained.
GalekCJan 14, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 14, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
Damn, Gon is still my fav! He didn't even say anything this ep. but still was badass. I don't see how those guys stand a chance against the king's guards. I guess combat experience and brain power...?
Jan 14, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was so freaking awesome!! I wish more people would watch Hunter x Hunter so far the best anime in 2014!
Jan 14, 2014 4:01 PM
Jan 2014
Why was Pitou crying exactly??
In the manga it says that Pitou's body was quivering, full of joy.
My theory is that she was happy because the despair she sensed in the king's aura was for something she could fix easily and not something as horrible as the king's defeat.
Any thoughts on this?
Jan 14, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Storytelling at its finest. ^_^

The King invites the old men to go somewhere else to do the pewpew.
Always reminds me of Goku's fights. ^_^
The_Mad_WizardJan 14, 2014 4:10 PM
Jan 14, 2014 4:07 PM
Jan 2014
SaSa777 said:
patrykvan said:

He saw nen all the time and even used it when he was tailing people or changed his hands for a kill. But he was never told what it was.

Wait a sec, I thought that you need to open those nen micropyles in your body to SEE nen, so Killua couldn't have seen his Grandpa's Dragon Dive at all.
Jan 14, 2014 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
pkKodama said:
cronosteso23 said:

Toriko is a joke? XD

No, it's not a joke.

The manga's not a joke, the anime? Eh.
Jan 14, 2014 4:14 PM
Jan 2014
SaSa777 said:
patrykvan said:

But he needed to have opened his nen micropyles to be able to SEE his grandpa's Dragon Dive and since he didn't do that until after he left the house, there was no way for him to know about his grandpa's abilities before he went in the palace.
Jan 14, 2014 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
clearly the king used ZA WARUDO

Jan 14, 2014 4:27 PM
Jun 2013
MSV said:
FShadow1998 said:
My theory is that she was happy because the despair she sensed in the king's aura was for something she could fix easily and not something as horrible as the king's defeat.
Any thoughts on this?

It's because of the king placing her in such a trustworthy situation and saying I'm counting on you, for a Royal Guard having this type of command and trust from the king is an enormous privilege! (At least that's what i though).
Jan 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
DA FUQ did I just see???? That was incredible. Although to be honest the first part with Yupi did feel kinda slow and the narrator could actually skip some obvious things but the second part was just GODLIKE!!! Netero and Zeno were shocked that a monster cared about a human, that was more humane then some humans could ever be and Pitou crying? Wow, was that because Meruem trusted her as someone stated or was that because she could sense King's pain or sth?
vedatsvetJan 14, 2014 5:05 PM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 14, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
patrykvan said:
Well, Killua never really started questioning/deducing anything logically until a bit after he met Gon, from what I remember hearing about his character a while back.
FShadow1998 said:
But he needed to have opened his nen micropyles to be able to SEE his grandpa's Dragon Dive and since he didn't do that until after he left the house, there was no way for him to know about his grandpa's abilities before he went in the palace.
They don't need to use Nen in order to simply perceive it. I thought that was only when Zetsu/In is in use...
SetsukoHara said:
But I prefer the narrator in the anime. Reading him was insanely annoying when all you wanted was to flip the page to know what happens next.
^This I can agree with. Though, it doesn't take away from the slowness at times.
FShadow1998 said:
Any thoughts on this?
GalekCJan 14, 2014 5:01 PM
Jan 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Not sure if all that narration was required but it wasn't to bad. Youpi's transformation was disgusting. There is complete chaos at the palace.
The preview for next week looks good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 14, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
Am I really the only one who thought the narration was terrible? Like, I usually like narration, to a certain degree. But this episode was nothing but narration. Like, there are so many of the things that the narrator said that could have been animated.

But except from that, a great episode.
Jan 14, 2014 5:13 PM
Aug 2012
I'm getting really annoyed with the narrator. 85% of this episode should have been for the viewers to interpret instead of being explained Hitman Reborn style.
Stretching the anime isn't going to widen the gap between anime and manga. Or maybe they made this episode as slow and budgety as possible so they can go all out with the battles we're looking forward to. Hopefully...
KVVJan 14, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 14, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
Keetriver said:
I'm getting really annoyed with the narrator. 85% of this episode should have been for the viewers to interpret instead of being explained Hitman Reborn style.
Stretching the anime isn't going to widen the gap between anime and manga. Or maybe they made this episode as slow and budgety as possible so they can go all out with the battles we're looking forward to. Hopefully...

How Madhouse is animating this part of the arc is incredibly subjective to each and every viewer. For me it felt very like I was reading the manga, but better since each and every event flowed together well for me with the same detailed narration with moving visuals. However for people who didn't read the manga or was simply not a fan of this narration style slow animation, I can understand since it feels like a One Piece episode (in terms of slowness). However if you guys are about to drop this anime or just simply angry don't fret as the high paced stuff you love is in the arc you just have to wait patiently ^^!
Jan 14, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
great episode .... I only have one complaint, the transformation Youpi feels too slow,,

Netero seems start to waver, he and zeno thought they would be dealing with the ant that don't have heart but after seeing how mereum care for Komugi he began to question himself "are they or him really doesn't have heart?". because of that they let their guard down which makes them not realize mereum already walked past them.

for the first time mereum asked for favor from the royal guard (Pitou) and Pitou looked so happy to make her cry.
Jan 14, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
Dangerr said:
edungeon said:

I felt the opposite. The narration was much better in this one than the last episode. Go figure haha
To each their own. I'll rewatch it later, when I have time. In my initial viewing experience, however, I just felt largely annoyed at the episode.

i usually tend to agree with what you post. i felt like i was watching a motion comic this episode. so much time got spent on so little happening.
Jan 14, 2014 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Do I have this right? We're only 3 seconds into the invasion..?
---
Certainly not the first time this anime left out some facial expressions.
vvvvvvv
GalekCJan 14, 2014 5:41 PM
Jan 14, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
They ruined the king's baby face he made, that's why pitou cried.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/20900/hunter-x-hunter_ch268_by_nexgear/6
Jan 14, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
My mouth was open the whole episode...

I hope Komugi survives..
Jan 14, 2014 5:56 PM
Sep 2013
MAN! Can't they let me breathe? Please? Just one second, that's all I'm asking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRRLb_HfNXs
^and this so much
Jan 14, 2014 6:03 PM

May 2013
Not gonna lie, the first part of the episode did feel a bit too slow, but the other half made up for it. I can't wait to see Meruem in action...
Jan 14, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2010
Ozaki said:
clearly the king used ZA WARUDO

lol
Jan 14, 2014 6:12 PM

Nov 2013
I just realized how narration is the only route for this arc, if not, this episode would be over in about 2 minutes.
Jan 14, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
SaviorCJ said:
I just realized how narration is the only route for this arc, if not, this episode would be over in about 2 minutes.
Would it even be as interesting to simply look at w/o the narration & thought processes? I've been trying to think about that. This arc would be over in a matter of like a few episodes if that was the case.
After all this buildup, would just a few "action-packed to the brim"-episodes be worthwhile?
GalekCJan 14, 2014 6:23 PM
Jan 14, 2014 6:25 PM
Sep 2013
GalekC said:
SaviorCJ said:
Would it even be as interesting to simply look at w/o the narration & thought processes? I've been trying to think about that.

That's HxH man. Togashi is obsessed with the human psyche. He loves going into the heads of his characters and that was on full display this episode. Even a simple action like Shoot pausing at the foot of the staircase and waving his weapons had a reason. This episode was all about strategy and psychology, seeing the thought process of the Hunter team as they invaded the palace blind. This not only applied to the protagonists but to the antagonists as well. The narration adds tension and brings a whole level of depth, we saw everyone's thoughts as they confronted different situations (a lot of them being unexpected) and how they reacted to them. Human nature is put on full display and the audience experiences an impressive level of immersion.

But that's just my opinion on things. Given that is arc is pretty unorthodox, a level of division is inevitable.
CresherhsmJan 14, 2014 9:50 PM
Jan 14, 2014 6:30 PM
Oct 2011
Beautiful. The 2nd half of this episode especially was just too beautiful.

Loved how the episode focused on the psychology of the characters; Shoot's cowardice, the slow-mo helped a lot in making me appreciate some moments, like after Shoot's mini-flashback and the ~2 sec silence, or when the old men saw the scene and showed their respect for the king's care and heart.

The narration in the anime is much more fun than in the manga. The manga had too much text (which goes against Jump's policy..) so I just skimmed through it to see what's gonna happen, right here you got narration, sound (great sound-directing btw), and colors and animation. The sound especially did a great job in making the scenes really effective.

Overall, a really well-made episode.
Candor123Jan 14, 2014 6:36 PM
Jan 14, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2010
c a n t d e s c r i b e ! ! !

was waiting for this scene to be animated for so long !

now...who were the most human in that room ?

might be one of the if not THE best shonen episode from what i can remember ...
headless_nickJan 14, 2014 6:48 PM
Jan 14, 2014 6:35 PM

Dec 2012
Respect for the Narrator, he was perfect.
OMG, I almost started crying with Pitou when the King ordered her/him to heal Komugi. 5/5
Jan 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
what the hell was that? I don't have words for this episode, it was masterfully well done. I won't be surprised if HxH gets in the top 10.
Jan 14, 2014 6:45 PM
Oct 2011
I can't really forget how well-done the sound-directing this episode was, especially playing this soundtrack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43wzP6A1CM
when the 2 old men respected the king's human-like behavior. I mean its name first of all (Kingdom of Predators), its music, and the scene it was played in..
Candor123Jan 14, 2014 6:58 PM
Jan 14, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
good ep but too slow. youp's new look is generic as hell. narration is beyond annoying, wish they would stop that shit.
Jan 14, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
I liked how Gon came in clutch at that time. At first I thought he was being reckless and then the narrator explained it good.This shows how he is more determined and serious about this whole thing than anyone else.
Jan 14, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
All this build up at the end... oh my god.
Jan 14, 2014 7:19 PM
Sep 2013
Awesome episode :DDDD. Maybe next episode will cover 20 seconds. Nah, I guess that would be too fast.

Fuck slow motion and Fuck the narration. Whatever happened to showing instead of telling.
Jan 14, 2014 7:41 PM
Sep 2013
getting tired of narrations,.especially to the parts which is common sense...
im really looking forward to netero vs king
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.