Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2014
That was a really good and intense series. Some people might think Setsuna was just a schemer but she actually also loved him too. And in the end, it ends up as a tragedy.

And love was really beyond reach for everyone. Kazusa and Haruki were so close yet it didn't work out. Someone was always just out of reach. And Setsuna, even at the end she is right beside Haruki, but love is so far away between them at the same time.

Some people may hate this because of the ending but tragedies can also be highly rated. Just look at Shakespeare.

Another wonderful thing about this story is that we keep reliving it, told again and again with different perspectives. Each time we see another point of view and get to learn more.
jiecutNov 1, 2014 9:50 PM
Nov 6, 2014 7:30 AM

May 2012
I have never been so appalled by an ending in my life, I really wanted to like this series but it just collapsed.

Final verdict 1/10

Very very disappointed.
Nov 7, 2014 8:01 AM
Mar 2014
Ending made me go WTF. They went a bit too far by trying to provoke feelz. That scene with Haruki and Kazusa making out with Setsuna watching in the background was ridiculous.
Nov 7, 2014 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
dirtyuncle said:
Ending made me go WTF. They went a bit too far by trying to provoke feelz. That scene with Haruki and Kazusa making out with Setsuna watching in the background was ridiculous.

They didn't try to provoke feels, the protagonists just got exactly what they deserved.
I laughed like crazy at the making-out scene, not because it was ridiculous, but because it was glorious. I felt like it had gone full circle, since the love triangle started getting serious when Setsuna saw Kazusa kissing Haruki while he was sleeping.
Nov 8, 2014 5:22 AM

May 2012
kokusho36 said:
dirtyuncle said:

They didn't try to provoke feels, the protagonists just got exactly what they deserved.
I laughed like crazy at the making-out scene, not because it was ridiculous, but because it was glorious. I felt like it had gone full circle, since the love triangle started getting serious when Setsuna saw Kazusa kissing Haruki while he was sleeping.

What do you mean they didn't try to provoke the feels?

They completely stole your feels with the sex scene and then dropped them when she left, they then hyped the shit out of getting her back and you're left to think shes gone forever, once again tugging at your feels, and then they catch up to her and you're so revealed your feels are starting to touch ground again, pow an amazing kiss, and you're thinking to yourself wow this was great the feel train is racing and this is beautiful.

Then she leaves anyways because she's a bitch.

And your hearts smashed under the pile of rubble that just came crashing down on you.
Nov 9, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
nater360 said:

What do you mean they didn't try to provoke the feels?

They completely stole your feels with the sex scene and then dropped them when she left, they then hyped the shit out of getting her back and you're left to think shes gone forever, once again tugging at your feels, and then they catch up to her and you're so revealed your feels are starting to touch ground again, pow an amazing kiss, and you're thinking to yourself wow this was great the feel train is racing and this is beautiful.

Then she leaves anyways because she's a bitch.

And your hearts smashed under the pile of rubble that just came crashing down on you.

This isn't "trying to provoke feels", this is the natural conclusion of the love triangle. I was impressed with the way they wrapped it up, but I didn't get the feels, since the characters deserved this ending. If you were still shipping Kazusa and Haruki, despite what they did, I don't think it's the show's fault that you felt let down by this episode.

"Trying to provoke feels" is: boy meets cute girl, they spend time together, girl dies, you're sad.
Lollo36Nov 9, 2014 3:00 PM
Nov 9, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2013
This is one depressing ending, anyway I believe all this drama wouldn't have happened if Haruki actually thinks using his brain and not his penis.
Nov 12, 2014 1:21 PM
Sep 2011
kingsheep812 said:
Their 3 way relationship in my opinion is the epitome of "messed up" romance. Its nasty, cheating, unfair and cruel in so many ways. On top of that, its unrealistic and just plain stupid. Sorry for people who like this series but I just can't stand a bad ending. This. THIS was probably one of the worst endings i've ever seen in an anime. And I've seen some pretty bad endings - (Saikin Imouto...) This type of stuff maybe I just don't understand it well enough personally but when it comes to romance I do know that it is a guy's duty to not "screw" the other girl while he's already dating another. Its top level retardedness. I mean... at least he could've first broke up before he done that. That would have made it so much more worth. But so far besides the first 5 - 6 episodes which I really liked, it completely destroyed the romance after Kitahara was pretty darn "cold" about his feelings with Setsuna even lying to her, ditching her just to be with another girl that liked him. Now this episode. Seriously. Like what the crap. So right before Kazusa leaves, Kitahara tells Setsuna - "nope sorry, i like dis gurl better than u. always have." breaks her heart and makes out with Kazusa which likes him too except she doesn't like him enough to stay with him and instead leaves to Europe in order to become better friends with her mother. If that doesn't sound retarded and messed up to you then i don't know what is. I'm not even kidding. This series could've worked out a much better end for example - Toradora had a situation that was kind of similar even just a little bit and they gave it a perfect ending, a masterpiece for a romance series I'd have to say. This series really disappointed me and it was a show that had a huge potential to be big except it chooses the end where nobody gets anything except tears and despair. Mhmm that about sums it up for the ending - broken hearts, cheating, lying, tears and despair. Oh what fun. Anyways if you guys read through my entire rant I apologise to those out there that love the series (i can understand some people might like this type of drama but I personally don't) this is completely subjective and purely opinionated so i hope you guys don't get mad about the things i've said about this series. Overall I think this anime (in my own opinion) should be rated at MOST a 5 but I'm just going to give it either a 1 or maybe 3 depending on how much i cool off after writing this gigantic rant. Anyways, for me it was probably one of the worst romance series i've watched so i gave it such a low score. Hope you guys find something more awesome next time like - No Game No Life. Its better than this ^^

This anime is definitely not for the faint of hearts ,This anime portrays something that happens in real life which is a lot for that matter.It shows the other side of relationships and deals with themes like betrayal of friendship..etc.

Toradora is a great anime but I still consider it to be an idealistic romance ,Toradora is a show that doesn't portray love in such a shallow way like other shows and it shows us what true love is all about ,it does so better than many other shows of the same genre but it's far from realistic in my opinion.

White Album 2 shows the realistic side of love and what usually happens when love gets in the way of friendship.

The characters in Toradora are portrayed as good people with minor flaws ,they rarely make mistakes and genuinely care for each other.All of them are selfless people.If anything Toradora is closer to Nagi no Asukara more than it's to White Album 2.

White Album 2 shows that human can be selfish monsters ,the characters in White Album 2 are not good people like in Toradora ,they make huge mistakes and hurt each other,they are flawed and weak and that what makes them humans.
Nov 14, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2007
Why do i think that from reading some of the comments on this forum, i feel like im one of the few watchers who has a positive feedback on the ending? Lols. Oh well. Nvrmind. Hoho.

10/10. I love this anime. At first, i didn't have any expectations on this one. Typical triangle love etc.. but wow. I was actually surprised! Its actually more than that because of the real friendship of those two girls. They really found love for each other and they value that a lot as well as their love for the guy. The feelings were properly conveyed (well pretty much to me. Hoho)
I love the characters as well, especially kazusa. Her character is so stable. Really. With romance stories, when a strong girl falls in love, there's a drastic change on the personality right? On her chara, oh freak. *speechless* loved her until the end.
As for her rival, setsuna, well, oh em. Her scene at the end freakin broke my heart. Tss. Cant believe myself ahipping for actually two girls. This is a first. Haha.
Finally, the guy? Wakanai. Demo i like him! Especially at the end? No one needs to actuallu pshed him or made him realize what to do, he knows it himself and act on it strongly.

Waaaaaaaa. I probably won't move on on this anime for a while. The hell with is.
I thought i wont find anime like this anymore. Glaaaad i downloaded this. Hoho.
I would totally recommend it to my friends. :)))
Nov 14, 2014 10:14 PM
Sep 2013
What the heck kind of ending? Is this seriously how it ends? Please for the love of God tell me it doesn't end like this. I could easily blame Setsuna for all of this ridiculous drama, but it's definitely that dweeb's fault. If he'd just woke up to his first kiss, none of this bs would have ever happened. Holy cock, I knew I should have just ended on episode 12. Fucking teenagers...
Nov 19, 2014 11:18 AM
Nov 2014
MC is a piece of shit. Both girls deserve better than him.

My ideal end would be for him to somehow die and they both move on. Since that isn't an option, I think the more realistic choice for a rational person would be Setsuna's true end. Someone who is truly eaten by passion would probably go to Kazusa's normal end. And those who are hopeless romantics who believe first girl wins and in childhood romances interrupting marriages would probably go for Kazusa's true end. As much as I dislike how much damage is done overall in Kazusa's true end, I have to admit hers seems to be the one the writers would go for. I like damage control though, so if I ever played it myself I'd probably pick the most stable option.
Nov 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Aug 2014
Summerberry said:
kingsheep812 said:
Their 3 way relationship in my opinion is the epitome of "messed up" romance. Its nasty, cheating, unfair and cruel in so many ways. On top of that, its unrealistic and just plain stupid. Sorry for people who like this series but I just can't stand a bad ending. This. THIS was probably one of the worst endings i've ever seen in an anime. And I've seen some pretty bad endings - (Saikin Imouto...) This type of stuff maybe I just don't understand it well enough personally but when it comes to romance I do know that it is a guy's duty to not "screw" the other girl while he's already dating another. Its top level retardedness. I mean... at least he could've first broke up before he done that. That would have made it so much more worth. But so far besides the first 5 - 6 episodes which I really liked, it completely destroyed the romance after Kitahara was pretty darn "cold" about his feelings with Setsuna even lying to her, ditching her just to be with another girl that liked him. Now this episode. Seriously. Like what the crap. So right before Kazusa leaves, Kitahara tells Setsuna - "nope sorry, i like dis gurl better than u. always have." breaks her heart and makes out with Kazusa which likes him too except she doesn't like him enough to stay with him and instead leaves to Europe in order to become better friends with her mother. If that doesn't sound retarded and messed up to you then i don't know what is. I'm not even kidding. This series could've worked out a much better end for example - Toradora had a situation that was kind of similar even just a little bit and they gave it a perfect ending, a masterpiece for a romance series I'd have to say. This series really disappointed me and it was a show that had a huge potential to be big except it chooses the end where nobody gets anything except tears and despair. Mhmm that about sums it up for the ending - broken hearts, cheating, lying, tears and despair. Oh what fun. Anyways if you guys read through my entire rant I apologise to those out there that love the series (i can understand some people might like this type of drama but I personally don't) this is completely subjective and purely opinionated so i hope you guys don't get mad about the things i've said about this series. Overall I think this anime (in my own opinion) should be rated at MOST a 5 but I'm just going to give it either a 1 or maybe 3 depending on how much i cool off after writing this gigantic rant. Anyways, for me it was probably one of the worst romance series i've watched so i gave it such a low score. Hope you guys find something more awesome next time like - No Game No Life. Its better than this ^^

This anime is definitely not for the faint of hearts ,This anime portrays something that happens in real life which is a lot for that matter.It shows the other side of relationships and deals with themes like betrayal of friendship..etc.

Toradora is a great anime but I still consider it to be an idealistic romance ,Toradora is a show that doesn't portray love in such a shallow way like other shows and it shows us what true love is all about ,it does so better than many other shows of the same genre but it's far from realistic in my opinion.

White Album 2 shows the realistic side of love and what usually happens when love gets in the way of friendship.

The characters in Toradora are portrayed as good people with minor flaws ,they rarely make mistakes and genuinely care for each other.All of them are selfless people.If anything Toradora is closer to Nagi no Asukara more than it's to White Album 2.

White Album 2 shows that human can be selfish monsters ,the characters in White Album 2 are not good people like in Toradora ,they make huge mistakes and hurt each other,they are flawed and weak and that what makes them humans.

+1
"White Album 2 shows the realistic side of love"
That's why White album 2 becomes my best anime romance
I love this
The reality of love and sadness of love
I had thought that there would be no anime romance I mark 10/10 until I watch White album 2
And I hope that before I die I will get chance to watch White album 2 ss2
IC only 8
But CC get 9/10
I think
If WA 2 get ss2 ,Maybe WA 2 become the best series romance ever

#sorry_for_my_bad_English
Nov 29, 2014 12:18 PM

May 2014
I really enjoyed the first half of the show, but when the drama started, i think that is where it started to go downhill for me. I really liked Touma up until the last couple episodes.
Nov 30, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2012
I hated the ending too but at least i know everyone got what they deserved in the end.
Dec 27, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2012
What a messed up drama. As much of I think Haruki is the cause of all this mess due to the irrational decisions he was making, the blame goes to all three characters in this love triangle. My complaint with this episode was that I got no ending or at least a hint on what may happen to Haruki later on.
Jan 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
Disappointing latter half of this series, but I'll still give a 7/10 for Touma not cancelling her flight.
Jan 9, 2015 11:38 PM

Oct 2014
Just finished this series. It made me feel exactly like I was during my watching of School Days, except this had a more *ahem* realistic *ahem* ending. But I was still cursing at the characters the whole time. At Setsuna for being such a selfish bitch and at Makoto 2.0 for being basically the most indecisive of the indecisive MCs of the planet. I get that he "laid" (heh) his cards on the table, and I didn't expect him to, but DAYUM, did he do it way too late. If it had School Days' ending, it'd feel so fulfilling.

Good art, good plot, decent pacing (great in the last episodes, really bad for the first six), hatable characters, sometimes feels dumb, not enough music IMO... Overall an 8/10.
Jan 27, 2015 5:20 PM

Jul 2011
Not so bad but the series was still average for me. I prefer the old one.

5/10
Feb 15, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2012
I had completed watching this series last night and must admit, I couldn't stop thinking about the whole show itself.

I didn't want to watch this because of WA1(In fact I haven't even finished the 1st season yet as it was boring in my opinion). Basically I didn't think this anime had high expectations than I imagined.

As far as the pair goes, I would say I prefer KazusaxHaruki because it felt like a relationship compared with Setsuna. There were many reasons why Setsuna wanted to dated Haruki and one of which was because the trauma of her previous friends leaving her. As a result she doesn't want to be left out and feel isolated. However at the end Setsuna finally knew she had feelings for Haruki but it was too late thus Haruki only liked Kazusa from the start.

The last episode I do feel sympathy towards Setsuna as it seems she was left out and neglected from Haruki and Kazusa, To me that seems like selfishness and I wouldn't call it as *friendship*.

Originally I thought the ending would turn out to be Haruki confesses to Kazusa and explains to Setsuna which Setsuna then forgives and becomes friendship with Haruki+ Kazusa = Happy ending. I feel this ending is the most appropriate to use as if Kazusa stayed and didn't leave then it would really be awkward for Setsuna thus Kazusa betrayed friendship by cheating.

In additional all the songs are all beautiful to listen to.

Overall I'm still choosing between an 8 or a 9 but I give it a 8.5/10.

I really want to see a season 2 of White Album
Koolman511Feb 15, 2015 3:58 AM

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Feb 21, 2015 1:20 AM
Apr 2011
o123o said:
ainky said:
Not so bad but the series was still average for me. I prefer the old one.

5/10

Agree. WA1 is miles better than WA2.

WA1 is one of my favorite animes of all time. In my opinion, it is the best harem ever (not the most famous harem, thats School Days). WA1 had no cliches, no fanservice, none of that. It was really an enjoyable ride seeing the MC in WA1 on how he dealt with everything.

Im still angry at WA2 for those two back to back flashback episodes and the ending. And it was soo obvious that Touma was going to win, since in anime like 90% of the time, the tsundere chick win.

I just cant see why the majority think that WA2 is better than WA1

The only thing that WA2 had over WA1 was that guitar solo in Sound of Destiny. That was awesome

But to be fair, WA1 was 26 episodes. WA2 was 13 episodes. But even if WA2 gets a second season of 12-13 episodes, I just dont think it would be better than WA1, not even close.

Come on, WA1 is all over the place in terms of plot, it just tries to mix all heroine's route into one mess. It is so incoherent and simply painful to watch. I only watch it for Ogata Rina.....

WA2 is a much more intricate story as a whole and I can't blame casual watchers from misunderstanding the characters. Personally, I played the VN even before the anime is announced so I may be biased towards the anime as I knew everything already. IMO, it is unfair to hate this anime because of its sad ending as the story does not stop here; it just begun. Then again, season 2 is not guaranteed.
Feb 22, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Kind of happysad ending. I'd be happy if it had second season to see further development of their relationship.
Feb 25, 2015 8:02 PM

Jan 2015
just going to throw in my 2 cents but i see alot of people discussing this both on MAL and other sites and they either want to blame Touma or Ogiso when to be honest if anyone was to blame for how things ended up it is Haruki i mean FFS if he had just been honest with ogiso when she confessed it could have all been ok and sure she might be hurt but they could still be friends all 3 of them because i doubt he would have had it in him to confess to touma and there is no way she would have because of her stubborness and quite frankly shyness. I feel terrible for both the girls even though i was a Touma fan from the start because she is the type im into and it was obvious she has been in love with him far longer. But all in all it was a good ending sad but good.

My version of a perfect ending" Touma and Ogiso tell haruki to fuk off and the two girls live happily ever after while haruki ends up being left behind to reflect on what just happend
Feb 27, 2015 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
ChickenDje said:
Summerberry said:

+1
I love this
I had thought that there would be no anime romance I mark 10/10 until I watch White album 2
IC only 8
But CC get 9/10
I think

"Realistic" LOL good one

4/10

Melodrama, forced plot points for the sake of drama and angst, ridiculously over the top character interactions
Mar 4, 2015 2:36 AM
Sep 2013
wolfbreed said:
just going to throw in my 2 cents but i see alot of people discussing this both on MAL and other sites and they either want to blame Touma or Ogiso when to be honest if anyone was to blame for how things ended up it is Haruki i mean FFS if he had just been honest with ogiso when she confessed it could have all been ok and sure she might be hurt but they could still be friends all 3 of them because i doubt he would have had it in him to confess to touma and there is no way she would have because of her stubborness and quite frankly shyness. I feel terrible for both the girls even though i was a Touma fan from the start because she is the type im into and it was obvious she has been in love with him far longer. But all in all it was a good ending sad but good.

My version of a perfect ending" Touma and Ogiso tell haruki to fuk off and the two girls live happily ever after while haruki ends up being left behind to reflect on what just happend

Yes, the MC is a worthless hatare, so I'm not the only one who thinks that? Why are these girls so in love with him again? Even if he was drop dead gorgeous, the show/game makes it clear that they can get pretty much any guy they want.
Mar 4, 2015 2:49 AM
Sep 2013
DoctorCaim said:
ChickenDje said:

+1
I love this
IC only 8
But CC get 9/10
I think

"Realistic" LOL good one

4/10

Melodrama, forced plot points for the sake of drama and angst, ridiculously over the top character interactions

Disagree. Of course many things are gonna be over the top, that's what you do in a drama, that's what people look for and find interesting. Even though I call the MC a hatare, many of the faults and weaknesses of the characters here are pretty realistic. Even though we all mean well and don't want to hurt anyone, we're all actually weak, selfish, and ugly. The problem I have with the MC is that usually people like that don't be getting girls like this unless they have many other highly desirable traits, of which he doesn't really have.
Mar 5, 2015 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
After all that she leaves? lol
Whatever, I don't even care about these 3 characters anymore. All of them are stupid as hell. Touma was way too tsundere and missed her chance and even when she finally had the opportunity to be together with Makoto, sorry I mean Haruki (he isn't as bad as that guy, but almost) she just left. Setsuna was too naive, she went into a cleary forced/fake relationship just to be with the guy even though she knew it wouldn't end well in the long run...

Takeya was pretty much the best character in the whole thing. Even the 2 other side characters (Io and that other guy) were better and more interesting >_>

5/10...
Mar 6, 2015 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
It's hard to be touched by the drama if I cannot relate to any of these situations.

My parents don't live overseas, my 2 undisputed best friends are not girls, and I think I speak for most of us when saying that experiencing a love triangle is a rather rare occurrence.

I appreciate the fact that the characters are realistic in the sense that they aren't ruled by anime tropes, but that's about it. The ending did not piss me off, did not make me cry, if anything it felt a little bland at times given how I can barely feel anything for these characters.

All in all, I don't think I laughed when watching this, I don't think it made me go d'aww... I don't think it managed to pull any emotions out of me, so therefore I must give it a 6/10.

Only reason why I watched so many episodes in a row was because I wanted to see what exactly would cause the situation showcased at the beginning and as the show went on that naturally became obvious, then add the flashbacks that lasted for more than an episode, some eyerolling moments in ep. 12 and that's how you lose any momentum you had built up, WA2.

Good music though.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 11, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2014
I went into this anime expecting it to be complete shit but it grew on me. A lot better than I expected. While the ending is terrible plot wise, it was executed well so it doesn't deter from the quality of the show. However, I thought Setsuna's behavior was a bit stubborn and odd. If the person I love kissed another girl right in front of my eyes and told me to leave, I wouldn't be able to hang on like that. Even though Setsuna said that she didn't love Haruki as much as Touma, I think it is a lie. The whole story....they were trying so hard to protect their friendship and it all went out of the window like that. Love and irrationality can be a scary thing. This anime has a tragic ending and that's fine. I don't mind tragic endings as long as it's executed well.
Mar 16, 2015 9:36 PM
Jun 2014
When I marathoned White Album 2, I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't see "Todokanai Koi" subbed in the opening and not seeing it performed at the festival in Episode 7. But wow. Seeing the lyrics at the end of the episode left me in awe. The song fits the ending so well. This made me replay Todokanai Koi for days. XD

As a Kazusa fan, I enjoyed and was a little heartbroken by the events from Ep. 10 to Ep.13. Seeing how she fell in love Haruki and seeing Haruki choose her over Setsuna was great! But goddamn. When Kazusa leaves Japan, I was just... T_T

Even though I didn't like Setsuna x Haruki, I didn't dislike Setsuna. Her talk with Io at the rooftop and the conversation in the train with Haruki; knowing what she did was selfish and pursuing the one she likes was commendable. Also another goddamn when she sees Kazusa and Haruki kissing in the airport. But that also reminds me of the Kazusa car scene. :/

As for Hauki, I liked him at the start. Seemed like a nice guy and really liked how he spent hours to improve his guitar play with Kazusa's help. But when he started dating Setsuna, I didn't like seeing his ambivalence in the relationship. The boyfriend talk at the open bath hotel, going to the bathroom at the concert, and the events of Setsuna's Birthday. Just made me think "Why are you even with Setsuna?"

That said, I don't completely dislike Haruki. Reading the posts about the finale made me like the ending even more. How the 3 were at fault which resulted in this sad outcome.

White Album 2, a great romance drama that I really enjoyed

9/10
Manaless2Mar 17, 2015 2:59 AM
Mar 28, 2015 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
NO BOAT!! 5/10!

Mar 29, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2014
Really a great romance, though all 3 got a pretty sad ending. Since sadly, Kazusa still left and the ending was kind of sad for both Hauki and Setsuna even though they were still together.
Apr 9, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2013
And they stayed the at the airport and froze to death.

That's the ending i can live with.

Touma's plane also crashed to a mountain.
Apr 9, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2008
Kuruwin said:

That would instantly make me raise its score to a 10, that's for sure.
Apr 22, 2015 7:10 AM

Nov 2014
amateur said:
Kuruwin said:

That would instantly make me raise its score to a 10, that's for sure.
That would be quite interesting lol
Apr 24, 2015 12:49 PM
Apr 2015
You all know there's more to this story than this ending right? I really wish they would animate Closing Chapter. Great story and great characters. Setsuna is a manipulative witch that you can't help but love however the feelings between Touma and Kazusa is more intense. I like how the characters are realistically flawed and no one is really to blame.
Apr 27, 2015 8:41 PM

Feb 2013
What a way to start an episode! Straight to sex! Damn Haruki! She ignorged Setsuna's call! Damn that ray of darkness! I think HAruki performed cunnilingus on Kazusa. It was hard to tell since a whole lot of the screen got dark. The way Kazusa was walking in the morning. Was that from what they did at night or does she feel guilt about what she has done. It's one of those two. Kazusa also took 2 uttons. I don't know what that means. It means something for sure.

Edit: I saw the BD version. You didn't miss much. No nipple was shown.

So Setsuna and Haruki both tell the whole truth.

Jeez. That moment when Haruki ran toward Kazusa and screamed her name. THEY EVEN KISSED RIGHT IN FROT OF HER! Well I guess it balances out since Setsuna and Haruki kissed in front of Kazusa so I guess its okay. That must've hurt Setsuna a whole lot. Even I was affected a little. Geez, I was waiting for her to start crying. She finally did.

Kazusa leaves?! WHAT!? I thought for she she was going to stay! No!!! Setsuna also refuses to leave Haruki's side. She's really in love with him.

I completely forgot about that third original song that they made for their school festival. I wanted to know what it was and glad they they are showing us. A Love That Cannot Be was the title. OOOOOOH! IT WAS THE OPENING THE WHOLE TIME! That's awesome! I didn't know that. That definitely made it better.

So that 's how it ends? Nobody gets together? Bad end? That sucks. Still this was lightyears better than the original White Album anime was.

So I see people say that this is the Introductory Chapter and there is a Closing Chapter and Coda(whatever that means). So the story continues after this? I think I'm goign to read about what those two things are. I'm not completely satisfied with this ending. I would love those to get adapted.
Nano1124Apr 28, 2015 1:01 AM
Apr 29, 2015 9:52 PM
Apr 2015
Just finished my 14th viewing (13th rewatch). Such a beautiful show. It is so hard to recommend to people because they would likely want to go through WA1 and tend to complain about it. I wish there were a way to tell people that subtle interactions is the real charming point of the series, but that too would be a spoiler =/.

Dunno. I have thought I may be broken liking a show largely about

I may post in each episode discussion in the future at every hint or nod for the series whenever I start a 15th viewing. May be best to do a blog entry just for it or ask fellow hardcore fans to do a re-watch together to discuss.

I'll just say - dramas don't necessarily need to make you cry. I find plenty of tragic moments quite beautiful. I always loved that the trio like White Album even though its lyrics clashed with the environment of when Morikawa Yuki and Ogata Eiji produced the song. The tone is set from episode 1 and that is one problem I have with telling friends to skip WA1 (other being when Touma says she liked Rina more than Yuki, from the first viewing I was prepared for what that meant).

Anyways, until my 15th viewing, take care.
May 2, 2015 4:27 AM
Jan 2010
The ending was good, but the summary is the average anime.

13 episode = 7/10

Episodes 01-12 = 4/10

Sex scene was very good.
yuichi333May 2, 2015 4:32 AM
May 5, 2015 12:14 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Creators had balls to end it like that and I respect that. I liked how characters developed throughout the show, overall a very enjoyable anime that's not taking typical approach to romance plot.
May 9, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
The TV series, as I had supposed, from the best right at the end but the end as it is;It is a punch in the stomach. I had been I would have given Setsuna, despite my mistakes, a lesson in the School Days. Overall still a anime who managed to escape at the last minute and give a good impression, even snatching a vow that until recently would not have thought of giving. Not bad the two protagonists a little less Haruki, beautiful soundtrack. With the graphics better, it would have been an anime even more beautiful to look at, as long as you do even a greater number of episodes. Final vote of 7.5 / 10!
Jun 1, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
After re-watching this anime series I understand the ending of this episode. Setsuna wanted Haruki to find Kzusa during the train station was to test if her emotions were affected therefore it shows Setsuna actually love Haruki.

Yes Haruki is unforgivable and a wannabe school day MC but remember from the start of the series ,it was stated he was too kind and would agree than neglect in regards to Setsuna's confession. In summary Haruki is kind and stupid to understand Love until Kazusa confesses her feelings to him during episode 12-13.

I guess its only a matter of time to wait for WA2 - Season 2 for the opening and Closing chapter, want to know what character development will involve and when Kazusa actually returns, will Haruki still have the same feelings or will it be to Setsuna or a new character? Many questions for the upcoming seasons. Starlight, please continue making a similar plot as this for the upcoming series.

In addition I will admit its 2x better than Your Lie in April regarding to everything including Opening/ending songs and insert, literally everything.l
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2015
i disagree with your final line but its a matter of opinion if you think its 2x better but i think its more like if you had a similar situation as ether anime you would like it more i loved Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso but WA2 took til Ep 11 until i got into it.
Jun 1, 2015 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
UnknownGuy94 said:
i disagree with your final line but its a matter of opinion if you think its 2x better but i think its more like if you had a similar situation as ether anime you would like it more i loved Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso but WA2 took til Ep 11 until i got into it.

Yeah,it's not a matter of opinion but lets not forget your lie in april were using repetive scene alot which felt like theywere wasting time on each episode. Furthermore, most of the characters were bland except for Kaori and it took 22 episides for Arima to resume his piano career. Where as wa2wa2 includes a package, containing character development and story at the same time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 6:33 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, a romance anime with kissing and sex.

Not a bad series. I would have liked the ending more if Setsuna didn't love Haruki as much, and cling to him at the end. I felt bad for her.
Jun 1, 2015 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
I hope they animate the Closing Chapter and Coda too especially touma true end best ending!
Jun 2, 2015 2:01 AM

Jul 2013
MysticFish said:
I hope they animate the Closing Chapter and Coda too especially touma true end best ending!

I'm sure they will its just a matter of time since in Japan its one of the popular visual novels so let us wait and hope they will adapt similar to VN.
Jun 2, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
I have a lot of flash back and I just remembered that Setsuna decided she wanted to stay with Haruki because Setsuna does not want to be left alone like previously and it was shown when Setsuna could not perform the rehearsal without the Touma and Haruki. This implies She will be clinging onto Haruki. I am hoping Setsuna will leave Haruki and Haruki will be chasing her back instead. WA2 I know you can excel
Jun 6, 2015 6:50 PM

Feb 2015
What a pain in the dick this show was. They kept the Setsuna thing going on for too long. I get it, you put yourself in between Kazusa and Haruki, you can shut up now. The way the story begins is cheesy in itself. The mysterious pianist next door that Haruki didn't feel like waiting around to see who comes out because romance anime are cool like that. Kazusa was even more emotionally retarded than Setsuna which was apparent early in the series. Her persistent remarks about the others being nothing and their feelings meaning nothing was such a pain to watch. Haruki could've spent some time studying how socially inept the girls around him are rather than his school books. I wish I could like this show as much some of you others do. That would make up for spending my Saturday watching it.
Jun 7, 2015 4:35 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
MysticFish said:

One day, I hope that dream will come true. Though like the First Season, I don't think it will be highly received... :(

devinder said:
Kazusa was even more emotionally retarded than Setsuna which was apparent early in the series. Her persistent remarks about the others being nothing and their feelings meaning nothing was such a pain to watch.

Their feelings meaning nothing? Did Kazusa say that? Kazusa was always trying to hide her feelings for the fear of hurting Setsuna. This can be difficult to watch and a pain indeed but to me, it adds to the complexity of human feelings. Some people are just unable to be upfront.
Jun 15, 2015 2:33 AM

May 2015
So the whole Setsuna being alright with Haruki cheating was weird. In a way at the end I didn't particularly like Haruki and I didn't want him with either girl. Anyways i thought overall the show was good. Their was the right amount of drama and the story and character arcs were interesting. Overall I wouldn't be disappointed if they followed this up with another season. 7/10.
Pages (18) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.