Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
so Mirai sacrifice herself but looks like she is still alive judging from the preview of next week episode

and i knew that Izumi is an enemy lol
Dec 4, 2013 4:54 PM

Dec 2013
Also, to clear up things for Mirai...

It's not that she agreed to kill Aki from her own will, but it WAS pressured on her, because in one of the episode (i think ep 8) Izumi Nase stopped Yui's family from killing her.
So when Izumi asked Mirai to kill Aki, i reckon she had no choice but to do it...

And then thats when her relationship with Aki was built on and the plan to kill kyoukai no kanata got twisted... :)

Thats why she sacrificed herself to get the youmu out of Aki's body
Dec 4, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
I get that the 1st one was a dream due to Mirai's blood remaining in Akihito.
The 2nd one showed that Akihito's death was set up from the beginning by Izumi.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.
The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Sent with Mal Updater

1st one was a dream made from the remnant of Mirai's blood inside of Akihito's body just as you said

2nd one was pretty much a summary of the events that happened since the start from the perspective of Mirai and Izumi.

3rd one is where Mirai is actually located in the present time. She's alone in a world of darkness, likely inside of Kyoukai no kanata.

4th one is present time as well but from outside Kyoukai no kanata. Akihiko just woke up there.
Dec 4, 2013 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
redd530 said:
I thought that Mirai gave the "young wife" feel in the first quarter of this episode.

Izumi and Mirai planned to kill Akihito since the beginning. Cause he's kinda like a weapon of mass destruction.

So everything that happened in Summer in this episode is a dream.
We are currently in Autumn.
Winter is what is happening inside the Kyoukai no Kanata.

Yeah I get it now you made it easier to get!
Anywho this episode had me feeling quite a lot, I was crying a little!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Dec 4, 2013 5:09 PM

Feb 2013
oh my god i did not expect this, looks like akkey is gonna try to save her! im sad they didn't kiss :c.
Dec 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
holy shit, what a twist... the feels man, the feels >_>
i'm kinda glad that aki survived, but this is as bad as him being dead

at least the trailer hints that she is still alive *please come back, i dont mind it whether with or without glasses, just come back! T-T"
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Dec 4, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Aki is going to save the glasses beauty from beyond the boundary next episode, WOOT!!!

Great episode!!!
Dec 4, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
past 3 weeks have been good if only this show started off at this level.. still doesn't change the fact i hate Mirai with a burning passion
Dec 4, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2012
damn I had a tear there, this episode is truly amazing! It clears up all the contradiction and being emotional in some time.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 4, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2013
It was a very good episode, but the problem I have whit this show is that the pacing for me is to slow. I mean, It is a 13 episode long series end I started caring for the show just now.

Don't get me wrong, it had some decent episodes, but it had some stupid and boring ones, what would have been fine if the show was longer but it isn't. I mean they spent a whole episode on dancing, but did not answer some interesting questions that are floating in the air like who is Akihtos father, what is the background of Mirais clan, the Nase family, how did Akihto end up in the Nase family care, what's up with the mother, the conflict between the Nase family and the spirit world society?

I know that these questions could get answered during the last 3 episodes, but that would feel kind of rushed. Instead of showing the characters hanging around and enjoining themselves for a notable amount of time, they could explain to us a little bit more about the world and its rules. Well, I admit that I prefer world-building driven stories, and this is a KyoAni show, but still...
Dec 4, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
After this episode, I say that this may be the best anime this season
Surprising every epi, I can't wait to see what will happen next ..
Dec 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
were is this crybaby from some weeks ago who said things like "mimimi this is so unlogical, bad charas, bad show, kyoani is a shitty studio"? in ya face! ;p one does not simply judge a show until its over. i thought we all knew this since shows like evangelion where the best parts could be seen in the endgame ore since movies like Seven. I cannot understand why people rate this show a 4 or something like that. i mean, the animation is fantastic (! only because of that i would rate it 5), the dub is really good, the story isnt as bad as something like a useless harem or a typical shounen show, there are visually some unique charas (no red haired archtypes or the opposite of that), some funny dialogues and scenes and so on. i understand that someone doesnt like this or that as much as others do, but a 4? does the obviously hard work of the crew deserves this? with this twist i uprated this +1 to 10. if the end is something, then it doesnt jump to 9 back here. =p
Dec 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
This episode really surprised me. Given how mediocre the show's plotting has been, I really wasn't expecting such a game-changing plot twist. It makes me glad that I stuck with it just because it's Kyoani.
Dec 4, 2013 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
Lucky_Roo said:
Don't get me wrong, it had some decent episodes, but it had some stupid and boring ones, what would have been fine if the show was longer but it isn't. I mean they spent a whole episode on dancing, but did not answer some interesting questions that are floating in the air like who is Akihtos father, what is the background of Mirais clan, the Nase family, how did Akihto end up in the Nase family care, what's up with the mother, the conflict between the Nase family and the spirit world society?

-_- this show is about mirai and akky. other things arent that important and they are as they are. this show doesnt have the time for all this stuff, otherwise it would be something like one piece. ;p in other shows they also dont tell every detail of the world around the charas. ;)
Dec 4, 2013 6:20 PM
Dec 2013
this episode really cleared everything out I can't wait for next week.. are they literally going beyond the boundary?! ahh I'm so excited
Dec 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
I thought this episode was going to be sad because everyone was saying and posting of how sad it was, but I didnt cry at all, probably because im a guy or something but yeah. This episode explained alot so that was good. I knew it Akihito wouldnt die, he is immortal and awesome. But Mirai died, shes an idiot though. She shouldve killed him instead so she can take the blame for, but now it looks like everyones gonna be angry with him.
Dec 4, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This was a great episode, but now I'm confused. It seems that there are a lot of different time lines at the moment.
The 4th one I'm assuming is the present where Akihito wakes up in the hospital and it's Autumn.
The 3rd one has me baffled. When and where did this take place? All I can tell is that it's Winter, and Akihito is like a mindless zombie. What exactly is going on there?!

Sent with Mal Updater

The winter world is where Mirai is trapped inside of Beyond the Boundary. The winter world is Mirai alone inside BtB.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 4, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!
"Komugi, are you there?"

Dec 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
ashlelouch said:
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!

I think not because there's that symbol where 2sunflowers see each other but there's distance between them. I guess Mirai can't bring herself to do so.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 4, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2008
ashlelouch said:
DID THEY KISS OR NOT?!

I don't think the kiss happened.
Dec 4, 2013 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
ashlelouch said:
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

Sent with Mal Updater

The winter world is where Mirai is trapped inside of Beyond the Boundary. The winter world is Mirai alone inside BtB.

So she's not dead? she just in that darkness that came out of Akihito? if thats it, then what if in the next episodes they go to save her and they do, and Akihito and Mirai get to kiss for real?
Dec 4, 2013 7:30 PM
Nov 2013
Dat plot twist! Totally did not see it coming. Kudos to KyoAni for doing it so well.
Dec 4, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see that Akihito is alright. So killing Akihito was Izumi's plan from the beginning and using Mirai to do it.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 4, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
Dreyar said:
Akihito and his youmu power are the only reason I watch this anime. If they pull this stupid trend of main characters losing their power near the ending, I will drop this anime with the force of a thousand suns.

there's only like 2 episodes left
better drop it now lel

Dec 4, 2013 7:58 PM

Dec 2013
Kentaku said:
ashlelouch said:
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

Sent with Mal Updater

So she's not dead? she just in that darkness that came out of Akihito? if thats it, then what if in the next episodes they go to save her and they do, and Akihito and Mirai get to kiss for real?

I don't think Mirai is dead, it seems like shes trapped IN the kyoukai no kanata and could still be saved. (Like when they were fighting the hollow shadow0
Dec 4, 2013 8:25 PM
Apr 2013
Where the shit-talkers at now?? *laughs maniacally*

Regardless of whatever nitpicks anyone can find, no one can really deny this was done pretty well.

ALL ABOARD THE FEELSTRAIN~
Dec 4, 2013 8:33 PM
Sep 2013
Step 1: Slap Nee-san in the face
Step 2: Save Mirai
Step 3: Sex for life
Dec 4, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2012
still not impressed with the plot of the story but really the saving grace for me is the animation and dat op/ed.

Dec 4, 2013 8:36 PM
Dec 2013
All my thoughts during the episode...

SHIT¨S GOING DOWN~~
Dec 4, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2009
Akihito trying to catch that popsicle stick XD
That mean tan on Mitsuki.

I wonder if Izumi orchestrated this whole thing not b/c Beyond the boundary was too powerful for the fam to do anything about but b/c she didn't want to have to kill Akihito either. So she picked up Mirai this random, fragile chick with crazy power to do the deed.
Dec 4, 2013 9:03 PM
Feb 2012
This is one of those anime's that I think really would have benefited from 24 episodes.
Dec 4, 2013 9:14 PM

Dec 2012
The moment i realized that, that was a dream... my heart sank and I felt a knot form in my throat... DAMMIT ANIME WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME ;-;.

No but for real.... I hope this won't be one of those happyANDsad endings where like he saves her and he dies or she dies to allow him to live.... I WANNA SEE A HAPPY ENDING DAMMIT
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Dec 4, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
If I didn't think about possible plot twists, perhaps I would have enjoyed this episode more LOL. When you think about it, what kind of youmu would be so powerful to make its half immortal? KnK (they're making such a big deal about it, it must be it). So them revealing KnK is Aki's other half wasn't so surprising, at least for me. I wonder how it got there though? Was Aki conceived as a half youmu or is he just a host?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 4, 2013 9:44 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. I seriously didn't expect Kuriyama would be the one to be deceased.
But then, the main character Akihito can't really die since he is the main character. I wonder if he will able to cope with this slump... or if it is possible to revive Mirai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2013 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
This ep explained a lot. The first ep where Mirai stabbed Akihito doesn't seem so odd anymore :P

Next week looks intense.
Dec 4, 2013 9:50 PM
Oct 2013
That transition from the intro to the opening song! Thumbs up to KyoAni!
zSolsticeDec 4, 2013 9:54 PM
Dec 4, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
By far the best episode of this show so far. I dare say if more episodes were this good this show would have been truly special. It actually reminded me a bit of the pacing of Kara no Kyoukai, which is a huge compliment.
Dec 4, 2013 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, they explained a lot of information about Akihito being possessed of the Beyond the Boundary, and Izumi giving the task to Mirai of killing him since the beginning of the episode. Now Mirai became more of a appealing character in this episode and her motivation since the beginning.

Not gonna lie, I got confuse in the beginning of the episode saying that it is Summer, then became Winter all of a sudden. But then it became interesting in the 2nd half of it.

Dec 4, 2013 10:22 PM
Oct 2013
it all make sense now...
Epic plot!!

KyoAni sure know how to handle their anime. good material met with good hand always result epic anime...
Dec 4, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
Woah... So many things explained.
wow gay
Dec 4, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
if Akihito loses his powers i will feel thats just pitfull,i hate when them make the protagonist losing his powers "to live a normal" life when nothing is normal.

Beyond the boundary can't be destroyed its the name of the anime,and seems like theres people that wants to use its power,so making akihito losing it is dumb.

More like i'd like to see controlling it,the plot needs it.

good ep by the way
Dec 4, 2013 11:29 PM

Jan 2013
Excellent episode. I really like these kinds of twists. Leaving out an important piece of information, later explaining the character motivations through flashback.
Dec 4, 2013 11:31 PM

Mar 2013
damn ! epic this is epic
I like this episode..
and thumbs up to Kuriyama :D
Dec 4, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2011
To much confusion xD
Did keep me pretty entertained the entire episode but really was a mess on how it told it's story.
Hopefully next episode will clear up the remaining confusion without creating anymore..
Dec 5, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2012
This was a great episode.

It seems like a lot of the initial "plot holes" have been cleared up a bit now, so I'd be interested in hearing what the initial skeptics have to say about it.

Dec 5, 2013 12:22 AM

Feb 2008
dws said:
Well, this was boring. Can't believe it took whole episode to show that Kuriyama was planning to kill him from the start and then fell for him. I thought this was obvious in the previous episode, but oh well..

I kindly disagree. Sure, we understood that at the end of the previous episode, but what this episode was about was to see every key moment from Mirai's perspective, knowing the fact that she knew that she had to kill Akky.
Dec 5, 2013 12:50 AM

Mar 2012
flaskis said:
dws said:
Well, this was boring. Can't believe it took whole episode to show that Kuriyama was planning to kill him from the start and then fell for him. I thought this was obvious in the previous episode, but oh well..

I kindly disagree. Sure, we understood that at the end of the previous episode, but what this episode was about was to see every key moment from Mirai's perspective, knowing the fact that she knew that she had to kill Akky.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the whole flashback part of the episode. This part reminded me a bit of Madoka's episode 10. Except the revelations aren't really that interesting or even that surprising. I mean, we all kind of saw the whole Mirai/Izumi thing coming in the last couple of episodes. It doesn't really make us see Mirai in a new light either, since her personality and motivations were pretty much laid out before hand. Episode 10 just filled in the few blanks that were missing but the overall picture was pretty clear already. I also don't particularly like how she just randomly gains a new ability when the plot needed it.

I did like the first half though. The direction and mood was pretty nice. Layering dream world/KnK world was really clever and well done. I kind of wish this was the direction the anime took from the start. A sort of melancholic tone where the humor doesn't completely shift the tone to total outlandish comedy. I feel like KyoAn should have just picked an tone and stuck with it instead of shifting back and forth. It'd have made a much stronger, more cohesive narrative.

AndyRayy said:
This was a great episode.

It seems like a lot of the initial "plot holes" have been cleared up a bit now, so I'd be interested in hearing what the initial skeptics have to say about it.

In general, I feel that the last couple episodes have been fairly good, but episodes 1-7 where just all over the place. Now that I've seen episode 10 it's pretty apparent to me that Mirai's trauma when trying to kill Youma was a completely unnecessary addition to the story. It was one of the most polarizing aspects of Mirai's character in the first couple of episodes and now that we have her complete story revealed it sticks out like a sore thumb. At best, you can do some mental gymnastics and fit it in, but I think the show would have been much better received if they didn't add this part in.

Sakura is also a really useless addition to the cast. She just feels completely shoehorned in. Pre episode 8 she just randomly shows up to add a little bit of extra drama to Mirai's backstory, but it wasn't used well at all. After Mirai beats her it seems her only real use is to push Akihito and Mirai together. She just feels like a prop that the director uses when he needs Mirai to behave a certain way.

The show's biggest problem right now is that, while the plot is actually interesting and more or less coherent now (aside from the problems from the first part of the show), I just can't care about the characters. Akihito just doesn't feel like a main character. Too much of his time is spent being an audience surrogate or as a comic relief character. A lot of the 'moments' in the last 2 episodes are completely lost on me because I'm not invested in the characters at all. I think the writing/direction changes to the first 6 episodes really made the characters not as developed as they could have been. I was much more heavily invested in the LN renditions of the characters from just the first 2 chapters (episodes 1-3 of the anime).
EsclairDec 5, 2013 12:53 AM
Dec 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. I guess Kyo ani going original was a good choice 5/5.

Score bumped from 7 to 8.
Dec 5, 2013 1:29 AM
Aug 2011
j0x said:
so Mirai sacrifice herself but looks like she is still alive judging from the preview of next week episode

The thing inside Akihito (Beyond the Boundary) is a big deal and has the potential to really mess up the world.

I think labeling Izumi a bad guy, or calling her names is to basically misunderstand her character and to sympathize with Akihito too much.

I do agree her methods are cold, but they sound like the greater good from the information we have had in front of us.
Dec 5, 2013 2:42 AM

Mar 2012
Dr_Smurph said:
j0x said:

The thing inside Akihito (Beyond the Boundary) is a big deal and has the potential to really mess up the world.

I think labeling Izumi a bad guy, or calling her names is to basically misunderstand her character and to sympathize with Akihito too much.

I do agree her methods are cold, but they sound like the greater good from the information we have had in front of us.

Or the real goal is the Youmu stone. Izumi is just manipulating Mirai to get the stone for the Nase family in order to gain power that'd completely crush the Youmu Hunter's Association.

It just seems that if KnK was really such an end of the world threat the responses by the various people in the know would be a lot more different.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.