Forum Settings
Forums

Discuss tv shows you are currently watching or plan to watch

New
Dec 2, 2013 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
I regularly watch Arrow and CSI and it's spinoffs (CSI Miami, CSI New York). I plan to watch season 3 of Continuum and season 2 of Defiance when they come out next year.

Moderator Edit:
Please discuss what you're currently watching or plan to watch as well as other users' posts. This is not a simple listing thread.
LunaApr 24, 2014 9:30 AM
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 2, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2007
Masters of Sex is probably my favourite new show this season. I'm also keeping up with American Horror Story: Coven, which is reliably insane every week. And QI, which I can always count on to be informative and funny.

TV shows I follow that aren't on at the moment but should be back soon: The Americans, Community, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Mad Men, Orphan Black, Sherlock, Top Gear UK, and Veep.
Dec 2, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
ona said:
Masters of Sex is probably my favourite new show this season. I'm also keeping up with American Horror Story: Coven, which is reliably insane every week. And QI, which I can always count on to be informative and funny.

TV shows I follow that aren't on at the moment but should be back soon: The Americans, Community, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Mad Men, Orphan Black, Sherlock, Top Gear UK, and Veep.
I always wanted to watch Hannibal and Mad Men but never got around to watching them.
Dec 2, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
On the first season of Breaking Bad. It's pretty good. Pretty damn good.

There are PLENTY of shows I plan to watch, mainly because anime has taken up so much of my viewing time. Like House, Game of Thrones, and other stuff.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 2, 2013 8:57 PM

Apr 2007
You should watch Hannibal. There's only one season out so it should be fairly easy to catch up. It's easily one of the prettiest shows on television - everything from the clothes they wear to the food they eat - and even when you know Hannibal's eating people it still looks delicious.

Catching up to Mad Men would be a little trickier, because there are six seasons to marathon, but I think it's worth it. Best show on television.
Dec 2, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
ona said:
You should watch Hannibal. There's only one season out so it should be fairly easy to catch up. It's easily one of the prettiest shows on television - everything from the clothes they wear to the food they eat - and even when you know Hannibal's eating people it still looks delicious.

Catching up to Mad Men would be a little trickier, because there are six seasons to marathon, but I think it's worth it. Best show on television.
I definitely have to check out Hannibal some time but I'm not sure about Mad Men since I'm not really a drama fan.
Dec 3, 2013 4:39 AM
May 2013
On-going, whether currently in season or not:

Game of Thrones, Bones, Sherlock, House of Cards, Vikings, Sleepy Hollow, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Big Bang Theory, Community, New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Dracula, True Blood, America's and Australia's Next Top Model (the only two reality shows I've ever really liked, and I like Australia's version a lot more).

Some of those shows I won't be disappointed if they suddenly ended (I'm even looking forward to a few of them ending). I keep watching them because, well, I've watched it all up until now, so why not.

Also in the middle of Star Trek Deep Space Nine and X-Files.
Dec 3, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
Currently Watching
The Walking Dead Season 4
X-Files Season 7
Person Of Interest Season 3

Plan To Watch
Game Of Thrones the new season when it comes out.
Sherlock season 3 when it comes out.
Suits when it starts up again.

I also might pick up on New Girl and Breaking Bad again I stopped watching them midway actually >.<
AnnihilatedDec 3, 2013 9:28 AM
Kneel Before Evangeline Mcdowell the #1 the ultimate the Original Vampire loli
Vampire Loli Master Race Represent
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
Well,I love both lolis and shotas so technically it makes me pedo.

Dec 3, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
Watching The Twilight Zone and South Park season 17.
Plan to watch seasons 4 and 5 of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.
Stuck on Arrested Development season 4 for about six weeks. I might drop it.

Dec 3, 2013 6:02 AM

Jan 2012
Currently Watching:
American Horror Story season 3
Sons Of Anarchy season 6
Parks and Rec season 6
Justified season 5
Lost season 2

Recently Finished:
It's Always Sunny season 9
Eastbound & Down season 4
Karl Pilkington's The Moaning of Life

Plan To Watch:
Hannibal
Game of Thrones (maybe)
Banshee season 2
Vikings season 2
Dec 3, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
I was watching several tv shows, but now i`m only watching Arrow.
Dec 3, 2013 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
-Boarwalk Empire
-Treme <3
-Vikings
-Utopia
-Black Mirror
-House of Cards
-Rectify
-Top of the Lake.
-Game of Thrones
-The Walking Dead.

I recently finished Breaking Bad <3 and Lost. I plan to watch Orange is the new Black.
Dec 3, 2013 7:24 AM

Jul 2013
I'm currently watching Season 5 of The Vampire Diaries, but I'm not enjoying it honestly. Degrassi just had its fall premiere, and the past few episodes seemed so rushed and cliché imo.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Dec 3, 2013 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
I only watch Cheaters and some Jerry Springer. I plan on watching the sequel to Cosmos w/ Neil deGrasse Tyson when it comes out
Dec 3, 2013 8:48 AM

Feb 2013
I'm sick of crime related shows because that's all there is. Stopped watching Luther and Hannibal maybe pick up later because they weren't bad or anything just had enough. The last show I completed I think was Six Feet Under, which was very good. Not watching anything currently except for South Park and Adventure Time...curious to what Community will be like in January.
Dec 3, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
I had to limit the amount of series I follow weekly: The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Adventure Time and A Young Doctor's Notebook.
And watching TWD together is a family thing, but I'm really tired of that show.

Can't wait for Sherlock and Banshee.

Recently watched and enjoyed tremendously: Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, In the Flesh, Hannibal, The League, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Dec 3, 2013 10:56 AM

Jul 2012
not gonna bother with a list, but i will say i'm eager to ck out Masters of Sex.

it seems like my watching habits constantly corner me - too many shows (inc. anime) not enough time

so i love services like HBOGO and showtimeanytime - I can pick up shows whenever I want. and i tend to be a binge watcher anyway so it works out well.

watching Homeland right now, which i LOVE!
Dec 3, 2013 2:41 PM
Jan 2013
I should really catch up on Spongebob.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2013 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
ona said:

I was looking forward to giving that a try but a friend of mine told me that since it is on a network and not a cable channel it has been toned down and serialized to the point of being boring.

My favorite of the new shows this year is The Tomorrow people. It does have some teen angst stuff but if you like Si-fy it's really worth a go.
Dec 3, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
People have told me to watch Game of Thrones. So I'll be starting that next week.
Dec 3, 2013 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
ill watch game of thrones soon.....ish....eventually

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2013 2:56 PM

Jun 2012
Survivor 27
Amazing Race 23 - ends next sunday ;(

Last Dexter novel was a bummer so I'm a bit burnt out with this american trash.
I've watched pretty much all of the insanely popular non-sitcom shows but I'm not gonna bother mentioning any since everyone else is.

I dropped Hipster Horror Story this season though.- I prefer the cheesy cliche 80s flicks over modernized feminist trash stuffed into a cliche horror setting.

Evan peters is great though. (in the first season)
OchimushaDec 3, 2013 3:00 PM
Dec 3, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2011
Planning to watch Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. What others can you suggest for me?
Dec 4, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2008
Currently watching:

Game Of Trones (waiting for season 4)
The walking dead
Homeland
Spartacus
Sherlock

Plan to watch:

Vikings, 24, Boardwalk Empire
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Dec 5, 2013 3:18 AM

Jul 2013
South Park, American Dad, and Family Guy

Thanks to South Park, I won't be getting on the Game of Thrones bandwagon, b/c it's full of weiners. Lol
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Dec 5, 2013 3:35 AM

Nov 2013
Waiting for GoT Season 4.
/人 ‿‿ 人\
Dec 5, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
BlueKite said:
Planning to watch Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones. What others can you suggest for me?
Well it depends on what type of shows you like. I recommend Arrow if you are into the whole super hero thing.
Dec 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Jan 2013
BlueKite said:

Rome, Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos, Seinfeld.

Walking dead is trash.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Dec 5, 2013 6:18 PM

Nov 2012
I forgot to mention how much I'm looking forward to Archer S5. Much hilarious. So quotable.

MajinSaga said:
Rome, Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos
Seconded.
Dec 5, 2013 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
South Park
Key and Peele
1000 ways to die
Dec 5, 2013 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
I'd just like to add that if Rome wasn't cancelled due to being too expensive, it could have been the greatest historical drama ever produced and even overall drama of all time. Better than Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, The wire, etc.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Dec 5, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2013
I stopped watching tv shows once Breaking Bad ended. I plan to watch GoT S4 and Homeland S3.
Dec 5, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
South Park

Toonami

everything else on tv sucks
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Dec 5, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
Animated sitcoms worth checking out if haven't:

The Boondocks

Venture Bros.

Metalocalypse

Sealob 2021

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Archer

Ugly Americans

South Park

King Of The Hill

American Dad

Simpsons (Seaons 1-10)

Current simpsons is meh to really terrible. Family guy has always fucking sucked.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Dec 5, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
MajinSaga said:
Animated sitcoms worth checking out if haven't:

The Boondocks

Venture Bros.

Metalocalypse

Sealob 2021

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Archer

Ugly Americans

South Park

King Of The Hill

American Dad

Simpsons (Seaons 1-10)

Current simpsons is meh to really terrible. Family guy has always fucking sucked.

Boondocks - seen every season one of my fav American cartoons

Venture Bros- never interested me

Sea Lab 2021 - never caught my interest

Space Ghost Coast to Coast - always looked boring to me

Archer - looks interesting

Ugly Americans - funny definitely recommend also

South Park - currently watching weekly missed yesterday's new episode though

King of the Hill - had watched a few episodes in the past and found it kind of boring

American Dad - Fav animated sitcom. Roger and Stan are 2 of the greatest characters ever.

Simpsons- I was only really into Simpsons as a kid

To add to the list Futurama, Cleveland show, Drawn Together
Family Guy is decent but inferior to American Dad imo.
Dec 6, 2013 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Oprah
I luv u
Dec 6, 2013 1:20 AM

Sep 2013
The only tv show I really watch is The Walking Dead,
which i think has every fan on the edge of their seat right about now.
Dec 8, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2011
MajinSaga said:
BlueKite said:

Rome, Deadwood, The Wire, The Sopranos, Seinfeld.

Walking dead is trash.

Thanks, I'm still checking out Walking Dead because of my curiosity

Started watching Game of Thrones and I'm already at episode 3. So far my fav character is Jon Snow.

I'm also reading the book.
Dec 8, 2013 8:00 AM
Dec 8, 2013 8:02 AM

Apr 2007
AnimeHonor said:
a true otaku does not watch tv.
it must suck to be a true otaku.

Sep 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Last Dexter novel was a bummer so I'm a bit burnt out with this american trash.
I've watched pretty much all of the insanely popular non-sitcom shows but I'm not gonna bother mentioning any since everyone else is.
Couldnt have been worse than the show's final season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 2012
If by TV you mean Netflix/Torrent/Whatever BUT TV, I watch

- Dexter
- Breaking Bad (ended recently...)
- Himym
- Supernatural (why?..it's become so crappy)
- TBBT

maybe some more I forgot like New Girl or 2 Broke Girls...

Generic stuff I watch to distract myself from Anime deprivation lol

Gz
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Dec 8, 2013 8:17 AM

Oct 2011
ona said:
AnimeHonor said:

yeah, weeaboo alert
Dec 8, 2013 8:17 AM

Dec 2012
I finished Shameless. It was good and really addicting. I loved Frank's shitty but unique personality, big props to his actor. I never thought William H. Macy would be able to play Frank's character. Every other character he played that I watched is so widely different but now I can only see him as Frank.

I tried House of cards but I dropped it on episode 3, it was just boring and I only started it because I like Kevin Spacey.

Currently watching

Misfits ( I miss the old cast but it's still good)

The big bang theory

Modern family

How I met your mother ( at this point I just hate everything about it, which is why I'm not watching reguraly only on a whim when I'm bored. The comedy became so predictable and corny and most of the characters are annoying. The mother character is not that interesting and I always hated Ted)

Two and a half men ( which is shit but I watch it every now and then)
Bored to death ( watched 2 episodes so far and I'm liking it)
Grey's anatomy

Anyone watched Alphas here? Is it any good. The first episode was kinda underwhelming for a show about super powers.

JizzyHitler said:
]Couldnt have been worse than the show's final season

You are still upset over that?
Dec 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
I finished Shameless. It was good and really addicting. I loved Frank's shitty but unique personality, big props to his actor.
Yeah, he's good, but who truly made me like it more than the UK version is Fiona/Emmy Rossum. <3 She's bloody brilliant.

tsudecimo said:
I tried House of cards but I dropped it on episode 3, it was just boring and I only started it because I like Kevin Spacey.
Seriously? I guess I can understand why some might find it boring, but still...

tsudecimo said:
Anyone watched Alphas here? Is it any good. The first episode was kinda underwhelming for a show about super powers.
The rest is just as underwhelming, I wouldn't bother.
Dec 8, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
i plan on watching Scandal. i did not think it looked like something i would watch, but i'll try it. Its getting critical acclaim like Homeland when it came out
Dec 9, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
BlueKite said:
ona said:
AnimeHonor said:

yeah, weeaboo alert

U guys jelly that im a superior race than u?
Dec 9, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
update: network tv blows chunks

except for mindy
Dec 9, 2013 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Well, after finding a new second-favorite Tv drama series in Oz a while ago, I'm kinda struggling to find anything new to capture my attention since then.

I watched the two Sherlock seasons which were pretty good, but also over too quick. Then I started both Doctor Who and The Sopranos and I'm stuck at episode 5 with both and while I kinda like them, they're just not making me addicted like I would like them to. I also watched the Pilot of Psych, which was okay but I guess I'm just oversaturated with those kind of series.

Soo I finally gave in to my brothers ongoing recs and despite my prejudices started Lost yesterday. I can't say it's not addictive, though I'm still skeptical of the overall quality of the show. It just has that air of cheap sensationalism, like for example Guilty Crown in anime. But as long as it keeps me interested I'm game.
If anyone has some other recs though, I'm always looking for overlooked gems.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 10, 2013 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
@Higashi_no_Kaze

Try Romance of the Three Kingdoms (2010 chinese live-action series) or the new Battlestar Galactica. You seem to like politics with huge casts and scifi stuff so one or the other may interest you.

I've been slowly trecking through Northern Exposure myself. I like its golden age of television spirit, but given its romance/sarcasm nature it isn't quite there. It is not a sitcom nor a real drama show, so it is close to the SoL type tv-show I want to see, but I wonder if there exists something even more freeform slice of life series. Not exactly the easiest type of tv-show to search for given that the tv-audience is even worse than anime audience in this regard and don't generally consider such shows as real entertainment.
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Kung Fu Panda 4 worth watching (NO SPOILERS)

Fukoku - Mar 24

3 by Fukoku »»
31 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7582 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
7 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
12 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
Today, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.