Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2013 4:32 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was excellent. They actually did a better job of of explaining the Izanami and was actually even more clear then the manga.

The little filler bits didn't bother me one bit, it was placed in their showing an actual back story to further explain the fundamental mechanics behind how the izanami and izanagi works in conjunction with each other. Giving you not only just an explanation but a visual explanation as well so that was pretty awesome.

I would hardly call this a full filler episode like some people originally though it would be, since their was some very important manga material in here.

Anyways next episode is going to be freaken awesome. Madara is going to rape some shit. Judging by the pace and how many episodes are left, im guessing their will be a little bit of padding here and their, its to be expected for sure. But in any case, im enjoying this alot, the pacing is fine for for me and the little in between fillers that the studio is adding is not just irrelevant crap. Were getting closer to closer to the next big moment :p

Izanami, Truly one of the most terrifying jutsu's in the naruto universe. Can you imagine such a fate? I would rather be put to death then to be trapped in an infinite circle of the flow of time, constantly having to feel the same sensations over and over again and never able to experience death. Eventually Kabuto would drive him self literally insane and would probably be begging for death. The Uchiha clan are really a force to be reckoned with.
ArtimesGamerNov 14, 2013 4:46 AM

Nov 14, 2013 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
Very good episode this week filler bits were good aswell.
Douglas24Nov 14, 2013 4:58 AM
Nov 14, 2013 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
The anime explained the technique better than in the manga. People were confused when it was stated that the Uchiha abused the jutsu in the past, they assume a person can spam it for some reason but this episode show that is not the case.

Izanami is not that powerful if you aren't so stubborn.

I want to see Madara wreck some shit and by Madara I meant the real one.

Nov 14, 2013 7:49 AM
Apr 2013
Loved this episode!
Nov 14, 2013 7:55 AM

May 2013
Liked this episode.The explanation of Izanami was good.
Nov 14, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh dat explanation. I thought the latest episode was okay. The way Itachi explained how the technique worked definitely had some appeal. Ah Itachi, why you so genius?
Nov 14, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2010
Itachi steals the show again
I loved the way the Izanagi and Izanami was explained with black/white animation
supported with colored flowers and butterflies to enhance it's detail

Oh that preview ;(
Nov 14, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
Goodbye, one of the few true ninja this story had left. I suppose we'll never see you again (in real time, at least).

Great episode. As link said, better than the manga with the explanation. The Uchiha backstory was perfect as well. Why can't Pierrot do the fillers with the same quality?
Nov 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
A good episode, let's see what Madara will do after the edo tensei is stopped, altough I already know.
Nov 14, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
Loved the whole backstory behing the izanami and izanagi

And the next episode is gonna be the last episode with Itachi isnt it? Im sooo sad, hes my favourite character i dont want him to go againnn. Its gonna be soo emotional the next episode, hearing the preview when Sasuke says "Sayonara nii-san" is just so sad
Nov 14, 2013 9:53 AM
Sep 2013
Itachi is such a freaking badass
Nov 14, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Need some help here.

So I just read on wikia that only people with the Sage of 6 Paths's traits can use Izanagi.Danzo had the ability to use it because he had Hashirama's cells.

So what does someone need to have in order to use Izanami?
Nov 14, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2010
ofir123 said:

This.

Nice episode.

Next week, finally!!: "I Will Always Love You" !!! T^T
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 14, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2011
marian11 said:
Need some help here.

So I just read on wikia that only people with the Sage of 6 Paths's traits can use Izanagi.Danzo had the ability to use it because he had Hashirama's cells.

Danzo needed Hashirama's cells to use it multiple times. To use the Izanagi only the sharingan is needed (and probably chakra powerful enough to handle it, i.e. Hashirama's cells). To use the perfect Izanagi, the S06P's power is needed, i.e. power of both Uchiha and Senju or the Rinnegan.
Nov 14, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
Next episode is going to be such a tearjerker, I cried like a bitch when reading it, and that was on-panel without any background music or anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2013 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
I can't wait for the next episode so much awesome stuff upcoming. When the "real" truth of the uchiha masecere is finally revealed, itachi will go down in legend as one of the greatest shiniobi's ever, a true hero.

yeah its going to be a big tear jerking moment. If the studio handles it well, it could be one of the best episodes done. If it had the same budget at episode 322. haha

I seriously have to look back and wonder what the hell i was watching, during the nagato and itachi fight, LOL. When itachi was first introduced in this war, its like the animation was horrendous, im happy to see that these important moments are being well done.

Nov 14, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2013
I feel like I was watching classic naruto again, please I want more of these !!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Nov 14, 2013 1:11 PM

Oct 2009
ofir123 said:

Itachi is just too awesome. This episode was marvelous.

Minagatachi said:
Next episode is going to be such a tearjerker, I cried like a bitch when reading it, and that was on-panel without any background music or anything.

I cried like a bitch at this episode, because Itachi's words are...so deep.
あらあら。。。
Nov 14, 2013 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
.......And Itachi saves the world, again.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 14, 2013 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode.They did awesome job with story about Izanami and Izanagi.

First time in a couple of weeks I can say that I can't wait for next episode.
Nov 14, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty nice canon-filler mixed episode, dat female Uchiha.
Nov 14, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Finally. We are moving on from this battle!!! I seriously can't wait what happens next, manga readers know what I mean!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2013 3:59 PM
Jun 2009
They are so high off of their power(the one that they can only use once) that they use it to pointlessly kill each other?

And the other one locks them into a loop until they accept their fate? What if they change their mind afterward and kill the person that thought it would be smart to blind themselves in an attempt to give someone else a "revelation"?
Nov 14, 2013 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
I'm dying...
Someone get help.
Next week is going to kill me...
Itachi...
Nov 14, 2013 6:26 PM
Nov 2012
This was a wonderful episode. I was so happy they brought back some classic Naruto Music for the emotional moments. I really enjoyed leaning more about the Uchiha too. I wish they ended the episode with a more emotional goodbye but that will probably happen next episode. Either way this is what I watch Naurto for.
Nov 14, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode and a great explanation.
Nov 14, 2013 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
The filler parts were handled pretty well. 4/5
Nov 14, 2013 10:37 PM
Nov 2013
yhunata said:
marian11 said:
Need some help here.

Danzo needed Hashirama's cells to use it multiple times. To use the Izanagi only the sharingan is needed (and probably chakra powerful enough to handle it, i.e. Hashirama's cells). To use the perfect Izanagi, the S06P's power is needed, i.e. power of both Uchiha and Senju or the Rinnegan.

In Naruto manga 510 when fighting with Konan, Tobi's blinded to his left eye after used Izanagi, although he has Hashirama's cells, and he claimed that he have gained control over Hashirama's DNA. So why his eye go blind? :D Or it wasn't a matter for him, because he knew it that he would end up receiving the Rinnegan after he lethally stabbed Konan or what?:D

Mod Edit: spoiler information changed.
ThangLongNov 15, 2013 2:07 AM
Nov 15, 2013 12:32 AM

Apr 2011
AttilaSahin said:
yhunata said:
marian11 said:
Need some help here.

In Naruto manga 510 when fighting with Konan, Tobi blinded to his left eye after used Izanagi, although he has Hashirama's cells, and he claimed that he have gained control over Hashirama's DNA. So why his eye go blind? :D Or it wasn't a matter for him, because he knew it that he would end up receiving the Rinnegan after he lethally stabbed Konan or what?:D

Firstly, dude, mind the spoilers.

Secondly, Izanagi requires the sacrifice of an eye. Here's from the Naruto wiki:

Naruto wikia said:
Izanagi can only be used by those with the genetic traits of the Sage of the Six Paths. The Uchiha, descended from the Sage, are able to perform Izanagi with their Sharingan. In exchange for the brief control of reality that it allows them, the Sharingan with which Izanagi is cast becomes blind. For this reason the Uchiha labelled it a kinjutsu. Danzō Shimura, in an effort to make practical use of the technique, had ten Sharingan embedded into his right arm.

To make full use of Izanagi, users must also have the genetic traits of the Senju, who are also descended from the Sage. Partially for this reason Danzō had some of Hashirama Senju's DNA transplanted into his arm, which extended the lifespan of each Sharingan's Izanagi to a minute, allowing him to use the technique for up to ten minutes in total, with breaks in between as he deemed necessary. However, because Danzō is not an Uchiha, his chakra levels drop substantially every time a new Sharingan is used to activate the technique. Tobi also makes use of Hashirama's DNA but, in contrast to Danzō, he claims to have gained control over Hashirama's DNA and as such, boasts the completed form of Izanagi.

Perfection here does not speak of not sacrificing the eye, but rather using it more efficiently.

Also, a correction to my earlier post. The Rinnegan is not required for Izanagi, but as Izanagi is based on one of the Sage's techniques, it's most likely that having the Rinnegan will allow for Izanagi to be used.
Nov 15, 2013 12:50 AM
Nov 2013
yhunata said:
AttilaSahin said:
yhunata said:
marian11 said:
Need some help here.

In Naruto manga 510 when fighting with Konan, Tobi blinded to his left eye after used Izanagi, although he has Hashirama's cells, and he claimed that he have gained control over Hashirama's DNA. So why his eye go blind? :D Or it wasn't a matter for him, because he knew it that he would end up receiving the Rinnegan after he lethally stabbed Konan or what?:D

Firstly, dude, mind the spoilers.

Secondly, Izanagi requires the sacrifice of an eye. Here's from the Naruto wiki:

Naruto wikia said:
Izanagi can only be used by those with the genetic traits of the Sage of the Six Paths. The Uchiha, descended from the Sage, are able to perform Izanagi with their Sharingan. In exchange for the brief control of reality that it allows them, the Sharingan with which Izanagi is cast becomes blind. For this reason the Uchiha labelled it a kinjutsu. Danzō Shimura, in an effort to make practical use of the technique, had ten Sharingan embedded into his right arm.

To make full use of Izanagi, users must also have the genetic traits of the Senju, who are also descended from the Sage. Partially for this reason Danzō had some of Hashirama Senju's DNA transplanted into his arm, which extended the lifespan of each Sharingan's Izanagi to a minute, allowing him to use the technique for up to ten minutes in total, with breaks in between as he deemed necessary. However, because Danzō is not an Uchiha, his chakra levels drop substantially every time a new Sharingan is used to activate the technique. Tobi also makes use of Hashirama's DNA but, in contrast to Danzō, he claims to have gained control over Hashirama's DNA and as such, boasts the completed form of Izanagi.

Perfection here does not speak of not sacrificing the eye, but rather using it more efficiently.

Also, a correction to my earlier post. The Rinnegan is not required for Izanagi, but as Izanagi is based on one of the Sage's techniques, it's most likely that having the Rinnegan will allow for Izanagi to be used.

Thank you for the explanation, now I understand it. Sorry for the spoiler I forgot that this is the anime not the manga. :D:D
Nov 15, 2013 1:14 AM
Feb 2013
Great episode,

I'm gonna miss Itachi so much, one of the few things what made edo tensei not totally horrible(it ruined a lot of 'memories' imo) that he could be brought back to show his awesomeness once more.
Definitely my favourite shinobi in the whole series, also because of his voice actor probably, who does a splendid job.

I wonder how they will handle Itachi's true goodbye and I am very interested in the explanation about the whole Uchiha massacre explanation(that's what I guess is going to be explained).

Sasuke not changing one bit according to the preview, well that was expected I guess.

Also if the edo tensei gets undone then Madara must vanish right? Well I'll see next week.
Nov 15, 2013 2:01 AM

Jul 2007
Rufeegee said:
Great episode,

I'm gonna miss Itachi so much, one of the few things what made edo tensei not totally horrible(it ruined a lot of 'memories' imo) that he could be brought back to show his awesomeness once more.
Definitely my favourite shinobi in the whole series, also because of his voice actor probably, who does a splendid job.

I wonder how they will handle Itachi's true goodbye and I am very interested in the explanation about the whole Uchiha massacre explanation(that's what I guess is going to be explained).

Sasuke not changing one bit according to the preview, well that was expected I guess.

Also if the edo tensei gets undone then Madara must vanish right? Well I'll see next week.

I think this comment is definitely more suited for the next episode, if you think he's an awesome shinobi now, just wait :p

Nov 15, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
Wow... Itachi ^^.
Wish sasuke can turn back being good :/
Soo deep!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 15, 2013 2:33 AM
Feb 2013
link9us said:
Rufeegee said:
Great episode,

I think this comment is definitely more suited for the next episode, if you think he's an awesome shinobi now, just wait :p

I can't wait :D
Nov 15, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
Awesome backstory.. and seems like next episode will be epic!! :). Well more backstory but seems what I initially said in a few episodes ago to be true.

Nov 15, 2013 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
Awesome as always Shippuden on fire... Pls what is that slow OST they used at 19:00
Nov 15, 2013 8:26 AM
Dec 2012
Kazi9 said:
Awesome as always Shippuden on fire... Pls what is that slow OST they used at 19:00

They used something else except Sadness and Sorrow this episode?!

It was below average, but 3/5 just for the next episode.
Nov 15, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
For anyone wondering what the OST at 19:00 is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NfS368rPQ

The title on the OST is so damn fitting too.
Nov 15, 2013 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
DarkMorpher said:
I'm itching to see
again!

Nov 15, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Liph said:
For anyone wondering what the OST at 19:00 is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NfS368rPQ

The title on the OST is so damn fitting too.

Dude tanx man
Nov 15, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
Itachi rocks as always!!! But the drawings could be skipped nothing really complex to be explained. The one changes an unwanted result the other puts an enemy into a genjitsu loop.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 16, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Well, that was a rather satisfying explanation. I was a little bit confused about Izanami last episode, but now I think I pretty much understand it.

Sayonara, Itachi. I will always love you.... <3 (See what I did there ;) )

Seriously, though. Itachi has become my favourite character in Naruto Shippuden. He's absolutely amazing.

Sooo...things are about to get interesting I see.....
Nov 16, 2013 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
As I was scrolling through the comments, I noticed a general trend of satisfaction with this episode...I don't know...it didn't really hit me the same way.

I never read the manga, so I don't know how it compared with it, but to me, it seemed rather bland. I mean, why did nearly every Uchiha in that backstory have the Mangekyo?

Also, as someone who likes the subbed versions of anime, probably because I can't speak Japanese fluently and so it just sounds good no matter what they say, I was able to pick out some spots of just bad voice acting.

Well, here is my unpopular opinion. I just didn't really get behind this episode until the final couple of minutes. Also, Itachi is a boss and Sasuke is such a whiner...
Nov 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
T__________T Itachi. Kabuto's friend from the orphanage. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS!!!!!
Nov 16, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
So this episode basicly points out the boss lvl of Itachi.
All'n'all while the episode itself had dull and boring parts (like the jutsu background) but i still enjoyed it more than the last few for some reason.
sodomizedNov 17, 2013 8:35 AM
Nov 17, 2013 12:34 AM

Jun 2011
I absolutely loved how Izanagi and Izanami were explained, wonderful ep!
It's nice to see some Uchiha women in action.
Nov 18, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
ikazuuyr said:
I absolutely loved how Izanagi and Izanami were explained, wonderful ep!
It's nice to see some Uchiha women in action.

Agree on both points. Now if only we could have a good explanation for every jutsu like this one. LOL Anyway since Izanami was a Japanese goddess, I guess it makes sense that it was created by a female Uchiha.

Come on, Kabuto. Move on, your brother is waiting for you. T_T I know he's evil now, should be exterminated with extreme prejudice, blah, blah... It's late explaining in the series what shit he had to go through to end up like a monster he is now that it seems shallow, for a side character, I'm grateful at least he still get a late character development. I am biased towards him because he was once my favorite character when he first appeared out of the blue for the exams when I started this series more than 10 years ago. Now if only he could break out of Izanami, face-heel turn, redeem himself... okay maybe I'm asking for too much. >_<

I'm gonna post this in advance since the next episode's title in the preview seems to suggest what I think it should be...

Thank you, Itachi. For the countless and thankless self-sacrifices you made to protect the village. Even now you're dead (and reanimated), you're still thinking of Konoha, the will of the fire is indeed strong in you. They may not carve your likeness in the mountain in Konoha but your deeds will be forever marked in our hearts.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 19, 2013 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
tofei said:
Thank you, Itachi. For the countless and thankless self-sacrifices you made to protect the village. Even now you're dead (and reanimated), you're still thinking of Konoha, the will of the fire is indeed strong in you. They may not carve your likeness in the mountain in Konoha but your deeds will be forever marked in our hearts.

I love this.
Nov 19, 2013 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
That was really good! Loved it :D, man...Itachi just makes everything better T_T
Nov 21, 2013 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
Sorry but personally am not satisfied by this explanations. First the mangegu isn't something just any random Uchiha can spawn and second Izanagi already has a pretty good reason for not overusing it like this fools where trying to do. They were talking like they could Izanagi their ass out of everything like they forgot they only had two fucking eyes. Going fucking blind seem a pretty good reason not to want to use except if it's absolutely necessary to me. No mater how foolish or ambitious this people in the past could be i doubt they will not want to avoid using Izanagi as much as possible.

Sorry i just don't buy it that they would act like that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Today, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.