Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2013 3:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Talking dog, who doesn't believe that Frey attacked him. "Promised Children"? And they are created? Yaya got attacked by Nobu's character/ "his father". First enemy "saved" her, though.

Looks like the lady orders him to do something that would cause war. Fight begins and Nobu's character vs. main guy. He hesitates.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 11, 2013 4:09 AM

Nov 2011
Well that mission sure was difficult...

Hello cliffhanger again. Well shit.
Nov 11, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2010
Damn Raishin, not a good time to have PTSD.
Nov 11, 2013 6:45 AM

Feb 2009
Decent episode I guess, though some additional details wouldn't have hurt like Yomi threatening Raishin that he(she? it?) will bark to sound the alarm and Raishin saying if Yomi planned to do that it would have done so in the first place.
I kinda facepalmed at that part where Raishin was shot in the left shoulder. It's like it bounced off him or something. And Yomi should have been sliced in half there instead of just electrocuted.
The fight was pretty good though. Raishin fighting alongside Yaya. That last part was pretty stupid I guess even for him. Ah well. On to part III of the arc.

Irori insert pic. Nice, though I was expecting her kimono to at least be undone a bit at the ending part. The only thing that changed was that she smiled. I am disappoint.
Nov 11, 2013 10:38 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was pretty good, even better than ep. 3 which I thought was the best episode thus far. Honestly, it's not like it's doing anything original and there are certainly parts where it fell into using gimmicks to stir up emotions, but this episode definitely got to me. If only they could go one episode without Yaya's possessive drama nonsense...

I'm not sure that I quite understood that dialogue between Shouko and Raishin other than the fact that she's ordered him to take the dog's circuitry though. In any case, this fight is shaping up to be pretty decent. I hope they start to explain what each of Yaya's moves does, but that's not totally necessary. On a final note, is Raishin getting seriously injured going to become a pattern on serious battles from this point? Hahaha
Nov 11, 2013 10:49 AM
Dec 2012
It was solid and intense, much better than the last episode. The background story of Yomi was touching. Frey and Raishin each seem torn between duty and morality.
Nov 11, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2013
Nov 11, 2013 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
This was a decent episode, although I wish they could have shown more clearly what was in them containers like in the manga and the OST in this episode was amazing!
Nov 11, 2013 12:03 PM
Jun 2013
This show and it's fucking cliffhangers.

Other than that this episode was spectacular. I really enjoy the battles
Nov 11, 2013 12:06 PM

May 2013
Poor Yomi. Wow Raishin taking that sword slash. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 11, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 2013
So his next mission is to be Cannibal Candy on Ravi, that's asking allot.

Good episode, but damn this anime likes it's cliffhangers way to much, I get that he wants to protect Yaya, but if he dies she is a goner.
Nov 11, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Still wondering wtf Raishin's command do to Yaya. All I can guess is he sends her mana to make her stronger but I'm sure there's more to it. I kinda wished they explained the mechanics of the battle system in this show, at least for Yaya.
Nov 11, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
Hey guys, can someone explain to me why Raishin faced off with Loki in the first fight? I mean, he was supposed to battle Frey, who is ranked 99th, not her top-tier brother. When did they manage to trade places?
Nov 11, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
It's becoming normal for this series to end almost every episode with either Raishin or Yaya bleeding.
I am surprise Raishin is not anemic with all the blood he is being losing so far.
Nov 11, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely a good episode, but the staff here just love their cliffhangers, don't they ?
Nov 11, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
Wait so he cares a lot about peoples lives but he shot some guy with a pistol?
And oh, the silly cliffhangers, shounen healing powers and drama in the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Lol Cliff hangers.

-_-
Nov 11, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
Damn all these cliff hangers, now I have to wait a week for the outcome of this fight. And as mentioned above, why is he fighting Loki instead of Frey?...

Anyway nice episode, very action packed though it makes me wonder how far in the tournament Raishin will get before the anime ends, I mean it's only 6 more episodes.
Nov 11, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
No he tried to save her and in turn got cut down his back.

Great episode!!!
Nov 11, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
Damn looks like Raishin was badly injured hope he´s alright!
Yaya has to kick ass in this night of Walpurgis!!
Nov 11, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
Yes it was good episode, but Yaya still annoys me too much.Some scenes with her made me facepalm, not like its something new.
Can't wait to see what happens to Raishin in next episode.His life force is being drain away, and he is all injured + now this big sword wound.Looks serious.
Nov 11, 2013 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
Paul said:
Still wondering wtf Raishin's command do to Yaya. All I can guess is he sends her mana to make her stronger but I'm sure there's more to it. I kinda wished they explained the mechanics of the battle system in this show, at least for Yaya.
There hasn't been any explanation as far as I know but it makes much more sense in the Japanese text and if it was left untranslated(in FFF's case).
I'm not fluent in moon though but I'll try to explain from what I understand.

Basically, Raishin's commands are fighting style + number of magic units supplied + formation. The first word he always says are Yaya's fighting style corresponding to the Fuurinkazan. You will notice that when he shouts the command, the light effects sort of match its element; Suimei(吹鳴」) is water and color blue. Shinkan(森閑) is forest and color green. Kouen(光焔) is fire and color red. Tenken(天嶮) is mountain but I don't know how it's related to being yellow and the first Kanji is 'heaven' but whatever.

48 Whistling Thrusts is Suimei Shijuuhachishou(吹鳴四十八衝). You can interpret this command as 'blow away the opposition with 48 units of mana'.

Don't take my word for this. Here's the Japanese wiki(contains spoilers of course) for anyone fluent in moon so they can explain better as this is just from what I read on another site.
Nov 11, 2013 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Cliffhanger

Cliffhangers everywhere!
Nov 11, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2012
Yaya was attacked by Loki/his dad.

RIP Yomi.

Promise Children.Seems they're genetically created or something.

Raishin's next mission to kill Ravi.

Why was Raishin fighting Loki,I thought he was suppose to be fighting Frey?

Raishin protecting Yaya and he gets slashed.Cliffhanger...
Nov 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
belatkuro said:

I kinda facepalmed at that part where Raishin was shot in the left shoulder. It's like it bounced off him or something.

Remember Raishin has been wearing the protective charm given to him by Charlotte.

Nov 11, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2012
belatkuro said:
Raishin fighting alongside Yaya. That last part was pretty stupid I guess even for him.

This. Why use your indestructible (see title) mecha-weapon which can be healed near-instantly by mana transfer? Taking a humongous sword head (or rather, back) on works much better for Raishin! Well, the guy lives up to his academic ranking.
Nov 11, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
sigh, just reread the manga, because the anime did not explain me few things (like suddenly he is appearing as 99th in stead of her)
oh well, at least i know what kind of big twist is coming soon ^_^

EDIT: ^ to the one who commented abouve me: this is because the sword would have cut through her like butter, he realized it earlier, this is why he try to save her instead, because he doesnt want her to die like the dog earlier. the reason how etc will be all explained probably next episode
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 11, 2013 5:48 PM
Jan 2012
Raped by cliff hangers lol... and injuries every other minute. Still really liking the show though.
Nov 11, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2013
Cliff hanger everytime. I fucking hate that.

Makes it impossible for me to leave it for a some weeks and comeback and watch them all at once.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Nov 11, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
Raishin realized exactly what would happen if he let her try to take the hit so he moved her out of the way
Nov 11, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2011
Lots in episode 6! Sad that the dog died >.<

Anyways, I wonder who's Father Time, who Shoko mentioned, and why the teacher tried to bribe the doctor. Also curious to see if Raishin will do Shoko's bidding of taking out the circuit. Right now my gut feeling is he'll go against her orders. And it looks like Raishin developed a phobia for Yaya getting hurt after Yomi's death. I hope he'll be able to get over it soon. Nasty cut at the end too :\

Question ... if Frey's parents were killed, then who was the man she was talking to in episode 5? She referred to him as father if I remember correctly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2013 6:52 PM

Aug 2013
Preciize said:

Question ... if Frey's parents were killed, then who was the man she was talking to in episode 5? She referred to him as father if I remember correctly.

I'm guessing he's the one operating Divine Works. Kind of highlights what a sick [bleep] he is with all the experiments he's doing and killing off the kids' parents just cause they have high affinity to mana.

It was kind of funny when Yaya still had the time to slip in a little insult right after Charl tried to heal her. Even after seeing Raishin all battered she still has to pull that clingy jealous girlfriend act. Oh well, she won't be Yaya if she doesn't act like that.

RIP Yomi :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 11, 2013 7:17 PM

Mar 2012
That ED really didn't fit to the mood of the episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 11, 2013 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
NeoAnkara said:
That ED really didn't fit to the mood of the episode.

Yep, most definitely.

Hm, maybe Loki took Frey's place to finish off Raishin himself? Frey may not be strong enough to beat him.

Anyway, as expected another cliffhanger, and the one I thought would happen too. Doesn't want Yaya to have to go through the same pain that Yomi did.

Good episode all round
SandyBoiNov 11, 2013 8:24 PM
Nov 11, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
Why'd he block that at the end? He didn't need to at all.

Starting to get sick of this fucking wannabe overprotective protagonist.
Nov 11, 2013 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode and another cliffhanger.
Nov 11, 2013 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
I suppose this was a decent episode, as mentioned several times on here already these cliffhangers are becoming a bit much, its a bit excessive to have a big cliffhanger at the end of each episode .___.
Nov 11, 2013 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
Cliffhanger is what this anime season is all about lol.

Raishin took that slash like a boss, he will most likely be fine :)
Nov 11, 2013 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
ZiGGuRaT said:
Why'd he block that at the end? He didn't need to at all.

Starting to get sick of this fucking wannabe overprotective protagonist.

After the fact that Yomi just died Raishin has gotten a bit too emotional. He doesn't treat Yaya as a simple tool or doll. Add this to the fact that he had a past where his own brother killed all of his loved ones it's understandable why he would try to block that attack. Doesn't matter whether logically it would have been better if Yaya took it instead of him. It might seem stupid and in a purely logical sense it is but it's not that you can't see where Raishin is coming from.
Nov 11, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
That bloody ending, wow, Raishin sure took a lot of damage this episode. 99th vs. 100th second last, quite interesting, I want to see 99th's face down on earth hahaha.
Nov 11, 2013 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
Restless_Hero said:
Hey guys, can someone explain to me why Raishin faced off with Loki in the first fight? I mean, he was supposed to battle Frey, who is ranked 99th, not her top-tier brother. When did they manage to trade places?

I remember in the manga Raishin was surprised to see Loki instead of Frey. Loki used his family command to prevent Frey from coming and substituted for her. Weird that they'd leave that out considering they even announce #99 vs #100 right before the battle starts.
Nov 12, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
Raishin taking on that sword... well, he has plot armor so it should be fine.

I sense that Raishin is gonna betray the army or something.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 12, 2013 2:12 AM

Oct 2013
So in other words, those with Ban Dolls will actually have to feed their dolls with their own life-force...?

Or you can select other humans to let the Dolls feed on them, right?

Raishin is feeding Yaya with his life force, right?
Nov 12, 2013 4:04 AM

May 2013
It's unbelievable what a bunch of stupid this anime is...

So killing or beating Raishin is so important for Freyr because she wants to save the dogs... and yet still she only uses such overly moe attempts to do it and keeps her automata from actually hurting him? She can't be that dumb, can she?

The main character getting a graze wound on every shoulder at the same stop instead of somewhere actually vital... really now?!

In every episode those overly emotional reactions by every character to everything gets really annoying and doesn't makes sense.

And... oh my god... shut the hell up already, Yaya.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 12, 2013 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
Dat loli pantsu with garter belt. Komurasaki is so cute.
Nov 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
Time constraints got obvious at the ending. They didn't even explain why Raishin was fighting Loki and not Frey.
Nov 12, 2013 7:56 AM

Jul 2010
Godammit Raishin, don't let the fear flows in you.
Nov 12, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
I thought no.99 is Frey not Loki ??
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2008
Episode was alright. Feels like they crammed a lot into it.

Raishin's plot armor is damn strong. I doubt that hit will do much to him.

symbv said:
I thought no.99 is Frey not Loki ??
I thought so too. I'm confused now. I should check the earlier episodes.

EDIT: Oh apparently there's a reason for it being Loki instead.
5layerNov 12, 2013 8:13 AM
Nov 12, 2013 8:23 AM
Jan 2011
So Frey is trying to protect those promise children so she trying to kill Raishin, too bad she a lousy one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

112 by de_baech »»
Dec 20, 2022 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.