Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 24, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the rules are just so tough..

Loved some of the bonding moments though especially at night. But yeah, at least everyone is still friends I think. Oh and Manaka is shy as hell still. Those tears came out of nowhere again LOL. I hope she gets more confident soon~

The episode also made me a little hungry with that food.
Stark700Oct 24, 2013 6:47 AM
Oct 24, 2013 7:54 AM
Dec 2012
Very good episode. The plot was well-written. The subtleties of character interaction and their emotion were portrayed very well without upstaging side characters.

Curious to know Umigami-sama's intention. Is he concerned about depopulation of marine inhabitants?
Oct 24, 2013 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
This was a good episode, I'm liking how Hikari is becoming more mature and was able to forgive that girl, and apologizing to those two students for accusing them (Although I can understand why he would accuse them.). I just found it kind of strange when he told the guy with the brown hair to come at him, it was kind of random.

But it seems that Hikari and Manaka have switched positions since she's the one that'll be protecting him now. I'm interested to see how this will go, and if Chisaki will do anything about it.
Oct 24, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
I like how this series approaches racism.
Seems like both of our "sea" male leads got their very own loli fans.
Rinji-Oct 24, 2013 9:00 AM
Oct 24, 2013 8:51 AM

Jun 2012
At least Hikari's changing slowly but surely
I really wish I could remember if I over-reacted as much as these children did when I was younger

What Tsumugu said about Hikari summed up perfectly why he's always(slowly changing though) a sensitive landmine. He doesn't want everyone to misunderstand Hikari because he misunderstands them.
Oct 24, 2013 9:31 AM

May 2013
Good to see character development from Manaka. I wonder how Akari is going to handle her situation.
Oct 24, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, lots developments.
Next week seems to be interesting.
Oct 24, 2013 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Nice.

Loving how fast Hikari is developing. Never expected it to be that fast when I first started this show. Good to see Manaka starting to develop too.
Chisaki is starting to have some new conflicts too. I'm really feeling bad for her. Hope she'll sort out everything as well. Still my fav of the 4 is Kaname. The dude is really cool and observant ^^ Tsumugu's conversation with him was nice, how he viewed Hikari and stuff.

Still feeling bad for Akari and Uro-sama's harsh words were pretty informative too hehe.

Miuna is definitely a cute girl. Loving her already. Hope she gets along with Akari soon.
Oct 24, 2013 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
CHEST! That tackle broke down the double doors lol

Nice seeing even more Hikari development this episode. He handled the situation with those kids pretty well with that apology.
Tsumugu seems to understand Hikari and the others pretty well. I'm glad he stood up for them when that kid knocked down Manaka.
Oct 24, 2013 10:30 AM

Dec 2009
Starting to warm up to Nagi no Asukara now that our main character is maturing.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 24, 2013 10:54 AM

Jul 2012
Cool episede.
Oct 24, 2013 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
45Ravager said:
I just found it kind of strange when he told the guy with the brown hair to come at him, it was kind of random.

To break away anymore tension. I hit you, so you hit me back, no grudge. They pushed Manaka and Hikari misunderstood them. But Hikari went knocking straight at him.

I'm enjoying this each ep by each ep. The stories and how each starting/willing to understand one another. Kaname kinda looking at them from "outside". I wonder how Chisaki will react from now on.
Oct 24, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
Nice how they made up with each other, it's time for Chisaki to shed a new skin, pun intended.

Funny how both Kaname and Uroko-sama were very straightforward with their words.
Oct 24, 2013 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode!

Oct 24, 2013 11:52 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
45Ravager said:
This was a good episode, I'm liking how Hikari is becoming more mature and was able to forgive that girl, and apologizing to those two students for accusing them (Although I can understand why he would accuse them.).

Agreed, I'm really loving his character development. Despite being impulsive and easily misunderstanding things/making assumptions, after he calms down a bit, he is at least willing to try to understand others and realizes his faults. And it's also great that he has friends by his side that support him in their own ways. Tears started falling out of my eyes at the part when Hikari went on his knees to apologize, for some reason it felt like a huge relief for me that he realized he was wrong, that he would go to such length to get his point across. Even when Tsumugu said that the other guys were just as much in the wrong as Hikari was, Hikari refuted it saying that he was the one who did much worse. I'm glad once again that everything seems to be patched up ^^ CHEST!!!

Like others said, I like the way this show deals with discrimination, as well as the idea of misunderstandings and apologizing for what you did wrong. I'm also liking how they handle Chisaki's character so far, how she wants to protect Hikari (and her friends) but she's shortsighted, unlike Tsumugu, who says that lying isn't good, that he doesn't want others to misunderstand Hikari just because he misunderstands them (great quote btw).

Lastly, we learned some things about Akari's situation when she went to talk to Uro-sama....I wonder what's he's thinking about, he seems kind of indifferent to everything, or I guess, just very chill about everything ._.
Oct 24, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Quite a nice episode, wonder how things will turn out in this arc now that we know the truth behind Akari and Tooru. Personally I'm hoping they get together with Sayu's approval

Screencaps + Full blog post.
Oct 24, 2013 12:27 PM

Mar 2008
Chest! I found that the symbolism of the barriers breaking between sea people and land people. I first found it odd, why Hikari request such an action from the two he wrongly accused of destroying the Ojousama statue. Then it occurred to me in a symbolic sense, that the closed doors is the symbol of the close-mindedness of both society, since both societies aren't making the first step. Now with the last scene, with Hikari getting tackled towards the closed doors, there came progress and communication. With everyone in that class watching, it become a climatic event for between sea people and land people.

Chisaki seriously needs to believe in herself, and hopefully sooner then later she changes then becomes person she wants to be within. Her insecurities are causing her to make bad decision for herself. While the others are slowly, changing within themselves, Chisaki is slowly falling behind in development. Which probably shows in many of the scenes of her being walking behind everyone else. She is probably one of my favorite characters in the story so far, which I'm hoping she takes the step up and become a confident individual in the story though so far that might not happen till end, since....well where will the drama stem from now.

Hikari is becoming a likable character and starting to mature for his age. Hikari does displays many kids at his age, where the amount of getting angry and making misunderstanding is a common situation. This episode really gives an in-depth development for Hikari and his sister Akari.

Miuna and Sayu are cute characters for this anime. Sayu is the rebel kid, but is really a kind individual person. Miuna looks adorable when she has her shy reaction towards Hikari. Tsugmou only has a small in this episode but pretty much sums up the whole episode with his quote " So I don't want everyone to misunderstand Hikari just because he misunderstands all of them" , just got to say this might one of the memorable lines in the anime just because of the importance of the line to understand Hikari's situation with the land people. Overall, I loved this episode and look forward towards exciting events for this anime.
Oct 24, 2013 12:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
psyopslayerx said:
Chest! I found that the symbolism of the barriers breaking between sea people and land people. I first found it odd, why Hikari request such an action from the two he wrongly accused of destroying the Ojousama statue. Then it occurred to me in a symbolic sense, that the closed doors is the symbol of the close-mindedness of both society, since both societies aren't making the first step. Now with the last scene, with Hikari getting tackled towards the closed doors, there came progress and communication. With everyone in that class watching, it become a climatic event for between sea people and land people.

Oh nice insight on the "breaking down doors" symbolism, that actually makes a lot of sense since the classmate could've chested Hikari somewhere else (like Hikari did to him), yet the director specifically chose for them to knock down the doors.
Oct 24, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
The first half of the episode (fantastic racism, Chisaki's cover-up attempt, any time Tsumugu intervened, etc.) made me roll my eyes so hard I feel like I almost pulled my superior rectus muscles. The revelations in the conversation between Akari and the Hiroshima dialect-speaking demigod-thing were pretty sad though, and the resolution was pulled off pretty well (except I couldn't help but LOL at the doors breaking down). And yes, the character development for Manaka and Hikari was great. 4/5 overall.
Oct 24, 2013 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
This shit just keeps getting better and better.
Oct 24, 2013 1:13 PM

Nov 2010
This was wonderful
Hikari and Manaka really shined here and Kaname did as well at the end
Hope the 4th member does her thing soon

Tsumugu was really mature and the important line was said twice
Oct 24, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
Seems the Hikari hate is subsiding, as he's becoming a well developed character along with Manaka. That last bit with Chisaki was done really well.

Only thing that bothered me was that Manaka being shoved down by the kid became a total after thought. I would've expected Hikari to chest the guy for that before the Ujoshi-sama. Even when they brought it up afterwards all they mentioned was the food was wasted, not that the kid pushed a girl down.
Oct 24, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
To sum this episode up in 3 words: All is forgiven. I like how it still conjured up emotions without being melodramatically over the top about it. The ending is so catchy too, "hee hee hee he hee..."
Oct 24, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2007
This is Toradora 2

Oct 24, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode overall,i''m very interested in the Sea God that looks like Uroko have direct contact with him and how this will later affect in the plot
Oct 24, 2013 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Loving Hikari character development. On the road to adulthood kid.
Oct 24, 2013 3:06 PM

Jul 2010
This is getting better and better.
Oct 24, 2013 3:08 PM

Sep 2007
Ratohnhaketon said:
To sum this episode up in 3 words: All is forgiven. I like how it still conjured up emotions without being melodramatically over the top about it. The ending is so catchy too, "hee hee hee he hee..."

This too

Oct 24, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Surprisingly complex even though it started out as simple conflicts between children. I really like how much development each main character got, as well as side characters. Really good job. Rising up in my fall favourites once again.
Oct 24, 2013 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Great to see Manaka start to stand up for herself. Seems like the sea students and regular students will be getting along better.
wow gay
Oct 24, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
so much feelings
Oct 24, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2010
Hikari and Uroko-sama are the only characters that I like.
Also, I hope some development for Chisaki too, she seems interesting.
Oct 24, 2013 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
Im shipping for Chisaki x Hikari. I really like Chisaki, I hope she doesn't do something stupid which will ruin relationship with Hikari.
Oct 24, 2013 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
wonderful show! i so love the eyes.
Oct 24, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2011
I really, really like this show
Oct 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
This show man, it's really good. At first I disliked Hikari for his rash/impulsive behavior but has developed to at least reflect on his actions and try to understand the situation. This is commendable considering most anime high school students don't even achieve that much in a whole series much less 4 episodes
Oct 24, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2013
Terriffic episode as usual! Manaka is Adorable as usual! There are sooooooooooo many great anime's this season! :)
Oct 24, 2013 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
Yep, this is getting better. That tako-sama at the end made me smile.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 24, 2013 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Most anime this season started out kind of meh for me, this one included. And by no means did I realize how great it was to become. The complex interactions of the different characters is really well done. There's tension but not so much to where it's overbearing, and the plot is also getting better by each episode. What we must remember is this show is about kids yet it's heavily influenced with things such as racism and complex relationships. This is really shooting up my list as one of my favorites.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Oct 24, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2012
I didn't feel anything in this episode. The connection between me and the characters is somewhat broken. I wonder what's the problem?

golden time nailed it. Golden Time > Nagi No Asukara
Oct 24, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
Slowly but surely the character develop. Thing neither too fast nor to slow which is good. This episode theme about friend is also beautifuly executed.

Also Kaname also a good middle man. He have clear gasp of what his sorounding more than any other character.

And is the newspaper also waterproof?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 24, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2009
pizza_012 said:
I didn't feel anything in this episode. The connection between me and the characters is somewhat broken. I wonder what's the problem?

maybe it's because you're closer to the ages of the characters in that show than this.. of course they're gonna be easy to relate to.. this one takes some getting back to that growing up age and it has a setting unique to it with characters that act based on that assumption..

anyway, i'm really liking what i'm seeing in this show.. you could really see the issues of everyone and that they are maturing in a good progress..
Oct 24, 2013 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
Tsumuku is so mature, while Hikari is still slowly changing himself, Tsumuku is already grows up.
He is just a middle school boy but he clearly knows what is right and what is right and wrong. What a perfect character.
If Hikari isn't keep improving himself, he surely will lose Manaka to that guy.
Sorry for my poor english
Oct 24, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode. Hikari is becoming a lot more mature which I really admire. That sushi bowl looked very delicious.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 24, 2013 10:46 PM

Sep 2008
Hikari is improving. I think.

Tako-sama lol.

I liked this episode.
Oct 24, 2013 11:31 PM

Jul 2009
...and with this episode, i bumped it up to a 7.
jeez. and i rly like where they're going to go next with the blue haired girl. it sucks for her though. all she wanted was the best for hikari.
Oct 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Feb 2010
I found Sayu's backstory a bit unnecessary.
The rest was fine, Hikari is a pretty good character and I'm interested see what will happen with Chisaki.

I also like Uroko-sama bluntness and I wonder what does his conversation with the sea god really means... "We can't let the surface have the people of the sea right now"... I'm expecting something bad to happen.
Oct 24, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
pizza_012 said:

rly? both are decent shows. none of them is out of this world. koko is pretty linear and her obsession over some childhood friend is rather unrealistic and borders psychotic. at least the chars here explains their motives, feels sympathy and at times regret their decisions. koko is just a train wreck and banri is just some guy entranced with that disaster.

so i'm not sure what's the problem for 'you'. the relationships in this show is laid out pretty clearly. blue hair girl likes hikari; manaka potentially likes land boy and at least cares about hikari; hikari 'might' like manaka but he's not sure if as a brother figure or a lover.

so what did golden time 'nail'? crazy koko finally gives up on childhood friend after he finally decides to flip out on her and laid down some rules. why didn't he do this sooner? seriously? now banri comes to play the rebound boy. but wait, before that, he will go on a journey to rediscover his childhood. yay.
Oct 25, 2013 12:26 AM
Apr 2012
This episode brings out the moral values in which I'm pretty sure many would be able to relate to ;-) It's like dejavu. I sortof feel what Chisaki feels at the end
Oct 25, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode!
Yeah, Hikari's awesome now. The way they made up was cool.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.