Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 12, 2013 5:35 AM

Nov 2012
What is the point of making a show when it is going to be this rushed? It felt like I was watching the episode on fast-foward, things just happened so suddenly. Like how did the main character even work out that they were being deceived? There was nothing to suggest that at all.
Oct 12, 2013 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
I found the executions of the emotional scenes a bit strange.
Oct 12, 2013 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
Sure the series needs some improvements but I still enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 12, 2013 8:33 AM

Apr 2013
I'm glad that woman died, she couldn't be a good mother. This guy pissed me off a bit, he was kinda like "I love my daughter so i'm gonna die, it will make her happy for sure"
Oct 12, 2013 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was fine. Nothing too big. It felt kinda like a tear jerker, but it just failed as a drama. It just felt like Ibara was faking everything. And how did the mother get her kid up. :O Like where did that come from.....did the kid teleport or something cause Ibara had her hands down when Yukiko fell. :O
Oct 12, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
I'm gonna throw in with the "what the hell did I just watch?" crowd.

mel·o·dra·ma
noun
1. a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.

They certainly have the melodrama dial cranked to 11 for this show so far. Hell, even the movements the characters make are exaggerated; like dramatically pointing at something, or dramatically swinging around. Everything anyone does or says is way more dramatic than it needs to be and literally had me cringing, facepalming, and laughing.
Oct 12, 2013 1:42 PM
Oct 2010
The most interesting things were the very brief talk about the hazmat suit that were better than the stuff the military had and the talk about the delivery truck.
Oct 12, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2012
I'm surprised that most of the comments here are negative, because I found this episode significantly stronger than the first. We were introduced to more of the tragedies in their world, as well as some actual human interaction. Although the characters are still weak, they actually have some sort of depth and I'm hoping to see a lot more from them, as well as other characters that were shown in the OP.

Another illogical thing in this show is why these three girls have to wear school uniforms and short skirts when it would be much easier for them to do their job in more comfortable clothing. LOL

Allice84 said:
And how did the mother get her kid up. :O Like where did that come from.....did the kid teleport or something cause Ibara had her hands down when Yukiko fell. :O

Plot hole :X I was wondering the same thing.
Oct 12, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2008
ChexGuy said:
The writing in this series isn't very good...

I struggle to think of any anime as of recent that had stellar writing. But I have to adjust my expectations because anime is mostly aimed at children and young teenagers.
Oct 12, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Ammish said:
ChexGuy said:

I struggle to think of any anime as of recent that had stellar writing. But I have to adjust my expectations because anime is mostly aimed at children and young teenagers.

Exactly. I don't know why people are critisizing this show so much when most of the other Fall anime are as shallow as this.
Oct 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2011
this epd had some feels, shit looks like its about to go down in the next epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 12, 2013 4:34 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, first off, the OP is glorious. The music in general is really, really good.

The episode was solid, except for that retarded father. Why would he choose to die and leave his daughter all alone? No father I know would do that. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 12, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
cyruz said:
The episode was solid, except for that retarded father. Why would he choose to die and leave his daughter all alone? No father I know would do that. Looking forward to more.

I'm assuming that he was about to die anyway and there was no turning back from death. :C This anime has so many open questions.
Oct 12, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
Ammish said:
ChexGuy said:

Exactly. I don't know why people are critisizing this show so much when most of the other Fall anime are as shallow as this.

I don't think it is every Fall show, just the ones which try to squeeze everything into 10-13 episodes.
Oct 12, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
arkv said:
mayukachan said:
Ammish said:
ChexGuy said:

I don't think it is every Fall show, just the ones which try to squeeze everything into 10-13 episodes.

I said most, not every. There's obviously some hidden potential ones out there, but I haven't seen one with a super deep/complex/well-written one so far.
Oct 12, 2013 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
Amarrez said:
We've covered 10 chapters of the manga now, this is pretty fast.

Everything else that could have been said has. Don't know what they hell they were doing this episode, it felt so rushed, and the pacing...thought I was watching a race with how fast they were going through this.
Oct 12, 2013 9:11 PM
Sep 2013
mayukachan said:

I said most, not every. There's obviously some hidden potential ones out there, but I haven't seen one with a super deep/complex/well-written one so far.
Gingetsune had an amazingly well-written first episode.

Anyway, this episode was OK. I was entertained and the animation was great, but the side characters were kind of unlikable. It's very hard to feel sympathy for a killer.
Oct 12, 2013 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
Dalek-baka said:
everything is nice, scenes are quite emotional and I started to like the visuals of it BUT...
Aoi is so irritating (her VA is Kana Hanazawa so it partialy clear why), she had one good scene but other than that she mostly screams or do smth totaly unfitting (and she has awfull track of keeping promises)

Correction: Aoi's VA is Akesaka Satomi who voices some annoying characters I know. lol
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 12, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
LoneWolfRain said:
mayukachan said:

Gingetsune had an amazingly well-written first episode.

It was not bad, but a bit too predictable (as well as slow) for my tastes, although I will keep watching it because it has a lot of potential to be as good as the last great SOL of the season. (Gin no Saji)
Oct 12, 2013 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
Tomatsu Haruka is just...GREAT!

gosh...my favoritism strikes back again...

Oct 12, 2013 9:51 PM

Mar 2009
Just one thing that bugged me:
"We can't get closer the rotor will hit something" when they were 100 meters away.^^

I've seen many helicopter landings and those guys can land their things literally everywhere.
Oct 13, 2013 2:30 AM
Oct 2010
OTAKUADDICT said:
Dalek-baka said:
everything is nice, scenes are quite emotional and I started to like the visuals of it BUT...
Aoi is so irritating (her VA is Kana Hanazawa so it partialy clear why), she had one good scene but other than that she mostly screams or do smth totaly unfitting (and she has awfull track of keeping promises)

Correction: Aoi's VA is Akesaka Satomi who voices some annoying characters I know. lol

Actually, Akesaka voices Taeko.
Oct 13, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2010
I didn't like this episode.
Sayan_Oct 13, 2013 8:52 AM
Oct 13, 2013 7:01 AM
Jan 2010
the japanese chernobyl special forces is a bunch of emotional teenage girls
how appropriate
Oct 13, 2013 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:

I think it's a bit unfair to class them as either shallow or super deep/complex/well-written since there's obviously varying degrees rather than just A or B. That said, I do think that the writing is below average relative to the other shows that are trying to take themselves seriously.

tytheimmortal said:
the japanese chernobyl special forces is a bunch of emotional teenage girls
how appropriate

Definitely the main part of my disappointment so far. 3 episode rule it is.
Oct 13, 2013 8:03 AM
Feb 2013
The pace is so fast I can't think about what happen.
I hope this get somewhat of a plot and doesn't settle for girls saving people.
Oct 13, 2013 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
the 3 girls coppelion team cry too much, and things feel rushed

now who was sending food to this family...
Oct 13, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
moving way too fast.
it seems no one wants to take the time to try and understand the main cast and why they might be so prone to crying in their situation.
u gay
Oct 13, 2013 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
I did not like it as much as the first episode, but I still think it was a nice episode.

Oct 13, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
That was pretty boring. Not my style of character-building.

I'd have dropped this already if the first episode was this bad.
Oct 13, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
They really screwed up while making these dolls. Made them too emotional. Looks like they might cry a lot in the following episodes.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2013 5:09 PM

May 2012
03:21 KIRITSUGU!!!!

11:28 Aoichan kawa ii

Meh.
Bad direction. Booring.
4/10. Dropped.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 13, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2013
this anime is ok... people are all sayin that its boring or the plot need to be better, but still is only 2 eps, i just think that the character development is the only real problem so far, since i still dont care about any character in the anime and by the way things are goin, they will not care to explain to much about then.. but still, it's a ok anime so far

Obs: sorry about the english, not my first language
Oct 13, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
gonna stick with it
people are over reacting with this anime. have you seen sasami@?
this is a decent anime and the setting isn't like normal animes which makes it interesting
plus the OP pretty damn good
Oct 14, 2013 12:38 AM

Jul 2012
Ugh. I'll stick through with one more episode. Just terrible emotionally and pacing-wise. Predictable, melodramatic, and too much needless crying. The pace is all over the place as well. Pretty disappointing as I had high hopes for this.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 14, 2013 3:49 AM

Jun 2012
From the first episode itself I found the character art to be of inferior quality when compared to the background details.

As for the episode, it was nice. Nothing special.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Oct 14, 2013 7:38 AM

Aug 2012
It's already episode 2, when will the story start?
Oct 14, 2013 10:22 AM

May 2011
Huh, wasn't expecting that wolf to join them.

Ibara's breakdown seemed way too sudden and lacked impact, but as long as they roll with that theme further, rahter than just leaving it at that, it should be good.
Oct 14, 2013 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
Aoi is too quick to make promises that she doesn't know that she'll be able to keep.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Mar 2011
I wonder if Ibara's breakdown couldn't be just a play to get them nigga' saved. Ye, it feels rushed indeed.
I believe we might see some kind of
thingie in here - after all she
I'm looking forward to that.

Please tell me that I'm wrong and I'll happily drop it. Did source kinda justify the things I mentioned?
filas312Oct 14, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 14, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2011
I bet someone already asked this question but why are they wearing school uniforms? I get the part that they're immune to whatever happened in capital, so they pretty much can wear anything they want. But there are still other dangers like dogs that are wolves and then dogs again, and falling buildings...
Not to mention that all of Coppelion squad is pretty messed up and emotionally unstable. If you play with someone's DNA, do it right. I'm gonna watch one more episode and drop it probably.
Oct 14, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2011
Probably just because fans like it. Ye, it's a good question, but probably it'd be trivial to answer. Cause it sells.

For the squad... I've set up a very simple theory one post above, but that - as far as I read the forum - won't work that way. Maybe someone forgot to write something in the script...
Oct 14, 2013 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, that was sad and completely unconventional...
I don't understand the reasoning why the mother didn't want her child to be saved in the first place, she doesn't want her child to die right? So save her....Basically to my understanding, she's being irrational...
And also the father had a chance to live to see her daughter smile and not leave her alone...why the hell would he die there....
That was a good ep I guess :P
Oct 15, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2011
VioLink said:

Amarrez said:
We've covered 10 chapters of the manga now, this is pretty fast.

That's fine, the sooner we get to the Ozu sisters/Haruto the better.

That's not fine, because I can't feel the depression throughout the story, I can't feel the dramatic scenes. They tried to make it all dramatic and all but too rushed, thus, it's not alright. You might want to get to that arc sooner, but it doesn't excuse ruining other arcs.

silkie said:
kinda disappointed not liking were this is going the MC are all cry babies and shouldnt even be in the environment there in

True. This episode actually ruined the fuucking characters. Why did Ibara cried? Sorry bro I had no idea, it's not natural to shed tears there. The show initially tried to portray Ibara as those strong type of girl, you know, with her style, the way she holds her bag, then all of the sudden they break her down.

As for Aoi, well you know, the usual, making empty promises. The only one that I kinda like is the girl with the animal.

As for the "mother", I didn't even saw she hands the "daughter" to Ibara, damn animation, skipping right and left, and tried to make it dramatic, well it failed.

Regarding the "dad", how is dying alone "making my daughter smile/happy"? Yes, right! That's a coward act. A man takes up his responsible and face his own crime, so that his kids won't follow up his irresponsible attitude. I don't get why Ibara left him to die there. I thought that she is the kind who would save people no matter what they feel? Yeah right.

Then this "little girl/daughter", she said "thank you" and "goodluck"? Why would she say thank you and goodluck to someone who didn't save her parents? Adults could think rationally, but for god's sake she is just a kid, and she can't think rationally and she cannot come to the conclusion that they saved them. Kid doesn't act and talk that way in that situation. Sigh.

This episode 2 had so many faults. No wonder the score dropped.

greebo said:
but the plot sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

This. That's my feels. Although the characters are ruined for me, I still want to see or learn more about this world, and the plot, I want to see how this will develop.

Arigatoful said:
have you seen sasami@?

Now that's real bad. Tried to be special but epic fail ^^

Entravity said:
Ugh. I'll stick through with one more episode. Just terrible emotionally and pacing-wise. Predictable, melodramatic, and too much needless crying. The pace is all over the place as well. Pretty disappointing as I had high hopes for this.

You nailed it.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Aoi is too quick to make promises that she doesn't know that she'll be able to keep.

This, very true!

Vokoca said:
Huh, wasn't expecting that wolf to join them.

Ibara's breakdown seemed way too sudden and lacked impact, but as long as they roll with that theme further, rahter than just leaving it at that, it should be good.

Very true. I can't get why she broke down there, for no reason.

itsTriz said:
Wow, that was sad and completely unconventional...
I don't understand the reasoning why the mother didn't want her child to be saved in the first place, she doesn't want her child to die right? So save her....Basically to my understanding, she's being irrational...
And also the father had a chance to live to see her daughter smile and not leave her alone...why the hell would he die there....
That was a good ep I guess :P

Agree the part about the father, that's retarded and contradicted to what he said before he died. As for the mother, I think she doesn't want to be apart of her child, and she thinks that they can live on together under these kind of lifestyle for eternity. She was a criminal so she thinks that she will be recaptured after they went with the help.

filas312 said:
I wonder if Ibara's breakdown couldn't be just a play to get them nigga' saved. Ye, it feels rushed indeed.

Please tell me that I'm wrong and I'll happily drop it. Did source kinda justify the things I mentioned?

Nope, her tears did not made her glove/hand slippery, iirc.

I am so so so glad that so many people share my view and see through these kind of faults.
ToG25thBaamOct 15, 2013 2:36 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 16, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
im hearing more crying from you guys then the girls in the show.
cryings a human reaction. you would be crying to if you had to chose 1 life over another in that situation.

filas312 said:

ok first of all THEY ARE NOT ROBOTS there clearly genetic so ya they can still cry and bleed. you don't program genetics
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 17, 2013 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
A self-contained episode. I heard that in the manga the graveyard at the racing course looks really terrifying with heaps of bones. Guess it was deemed too much in the anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 17, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2011
hazerddex said:
im hearing more crying from you guys then the girls in the show.
cryings a human reaction. you would be crying to if you had to chose 1 life over another in that situation.

Give me a legitimate reason as to why Ibara broke down in tears when she was pointing her gun at that other woman? It was rushed and it was bad, and we're giving our feedback, I don't see anything wrong.

As for that choosing one life over another, Ibara was portrayed as the strong type of girl, without her background information, that crying scene was totally out of place and out of character, we can't sympathize with her. And, crying? Really? Choosing one life over another, those that you have yet to know for even one day? Hmm..? Sentimental much?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 18, 2013 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
A self-contained episode. I heard that in the manga the graveyard at the racing course looks really terrifying with heaps of bones. Guess it was deemed too much in the anime.

Yeah, ... but I doubt it was the heap of bones that made them censor the previous episode. It's the implication on human health that could rise panic. Anyway, the anime should offer some explanation for the newly appearing contaminated areas and the sudden increase in the radioactive pollution. Hopefully, 1500 siverts would sound abstract enough to convey the message without causing unnecessary worries in anime viewers.

Okay, so the B-2 thing was dumb - it could have been clearly seen and the manga is no different in this respect.

On the good side, we learn more about the girls and their designs - the coppelion cells in the stomach and Taeko's super-suppressed vision :)

In the previous episode I thought Ibara cried because she has never faced failure before, especially in a mission she (and the others) have been extensively trained to complete. Obviously, there are vibes of "nothing goes as planned", but what irked me most was the way she thinks of her existence. If it wasn't for the polluted city, she wouldn't exist, this is why she calls is "home". Scientific ambitions destroyed Tokyo, taking human lives, but also 'mother'-ed hers (and the others). She has been looking for her raison d'etre, in spite being created as a drone and called a doll. It kind of looks like of self-delusion and indulgence, but, honestly, who'd be satisfied with being more related to lab equipment than a notion of a family.
zellamiOct 18, 2013 2:43 PM
Oct 19, 2013 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
Did people really miss the massive amounts of blood in the dad's helmet, lol?

"He could have been saved!"

Uh..... no. There are legitimate complaints here, but if you can't even pick up on context clues than you have no place criticizing anything; leave it to people who know what they're talking about.
Let's go bowling.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.