Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 8, 2013 11:00 PM

Mar 2013
I was hoping for KOTOKO to sing the opening rather than Faylan...
I will prove to you that I am the supreme ruler of Heaven! Maoh Shakumesujin!
Oct 8, 2013 11:22 PM
Mar 2009
Awakening the Chaos, Rebellion, Queen of Rose, Lust SIN, Catus Carnival, Bullet Dance, Under Heaven Destruction, and a bunch of the other tracks on the OST. Holy shit, they used so many tracks in the first episode. And they sounded nice with the remix!

Too bad their animation budget was holy shit awful. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, JIN?! Instead of an ice spear, it was some goddamn shard.

And geezus, this pacing. It's funny what Ragna says at the end about breaking the "jinx" on anime based on video games when it already seems this one is headed towards that familiar road...

I thought the anime was only covering Calamity Trigger, but it seems like it'll cross all the way, right up to the beginning of ChronoPhantasma. Lawl.
Oct 9, 2013 12:59 AM

Jun 2012
Gonna keep watching, but i feel it could be much much better
Oct 9, 2013 1:37 AM

Dec 2008
The pace that they're going at is a lot faster than I expected. They've pretty much covered a handful of the basics; after wrapping this up, all they have to do now is just provide the important exposition from the relevant perspectives and we're basically set to jump right into the Continuum Shift arc(s).

Honestly, I was kind of hoping they would've taken their time a bit more and focused the entire adaptation on the Calamity Trigger arc(s), especially if the adaptation is set to be twelve-ish episodes or so. If it's going to be that short, everything's going to be REALLY rushed, considering the content that's at hand.

Everything feels like it's just fan-service for the people that were fans from the game adaptation, getting into the Blazblue via the Anime feels pretty flawed and might even ruin the experience for newcomers, personally.

EDIT: Though admittingly, if we do get content involving Tsubaki, they had better not fuck up her theme. Condemnation Wings = <3.
KirikaYuikoOct 9, 2013 1:41 AM
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 9, 2013 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
My advice would be to play the games first.. you don't have to play all, I think Calamity Trigger is enough to give you a basic idea of what's happening. The story in the game itself is already very confusing, I don't think 12 episodes can do enough justice especially with the amount of characters that's vital to the story.
MoeGodOct 9, 2013 1:47 AM
Oct 9, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
wait isn't that Gintoki? cool action
Oct 9, 2013 2:52 AM

Sep 2008
Aaaaaand ACTION! The end.

Explain? Something? Anything?
Oct 9, 2013 3:14 AM

Aug 2008
The backgrounds are extremely dull especially when you compare them to the brilliant art in the games. Very disappointing, the show overall looks lackluster. The action scenes were relatively well done though.
Oct 9, 2013 4:02 AM

Sep 2011
Racaholic said:
The backgrounds are extremely dull especially when you compare them to the brilliant art in the games. Very disappointing, the show overall looks lackluster. The action scenes were relatively well done though.
the action scenes were the worst part by a longshot, the choppy movement to derpy art, and to top that off with a shit ton of stills, it doesnt matter how much you shake them hoods, they are still just stills
JizzyHitlerOct 9, 2013 4:09 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 9, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
I did not expect anything good from that director or studio, yet I'm still disappointed. I feel sorry for people who got excited about this.
Oct 9, 2013 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
It felt really rushed. The art was fine, but the animation wasn't. At least the music is okay. I'm seriously thinking about dropping it.
Oct 9, 2013 4:24 AM

Mar 2012
Horrible first episode.

I haven't played the games (but I am interested from it's character design and story potential).

This episode didn't do anything for me in regards to establishing characters or plot. It seriously felt like you had to play the games to know what the hell was going on.

The animation was pretty bleh as well. Overall, I'd say all this episode did is reinforce the stereotype that you can't adapt a video game into an anime very well.
Oct 9, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2010
Toucanbird said:
The animation was pretty bleh as well. Overall, I'd say all this episode did is reinforce the stereotype that you can't adapt a video game into an anime very well.

At least not with some pretty new and unexperienced studio and director known for bad stuff. I mean, it's a fighting game, they could give it to a studio that would at least do some justice to fight scenes.
Oct 9, 2013 4:35 AM

Mar 2012
Sukaru said:
Toucanbird said:

At least not with some pretty new and unexperienced studio and director known for bad stuff. I mean, it's a fighting game, they could give it to a studio that would at least do some justice to fight scenes.

Agreed. This project needs to be handled by one of the bigger companies, like Production I.G., Madhouse, or Bones. Hoods has no business adapting this.
Oct 9, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2010
Toucanbird said:
Sukaru said:
Toucanbird said:

Agreed. This project needs to be handled by one of the bigger companies, like Production I.G., Madhouse, or Bones. Hoods has no business adapting this.

Oh boy, if it was made by one of these, I'd be more than happy. I just hope this anime won't make people think the game is bad too.

Fighting games adaptations must be cursed in some way. Too bad Ishiwatari didn't approve Guilty Gear adaptation back when he had offers for it. I wonder if it'd be any good.
I wonder how mad is he now, seeing this terrible adaptation of BB.
Oct 9, 2013 5:08 AM
Mar 2013
Ragna looks badass but that voice... Just doesn't suit him >x<
Oct 9, 2013 5:18 AM

Nov 2008
PRxStarChild said:
Another Bad Adaption of a Good Game Series for the Season.

Examples of this:
-DaganRoppa
-DS2
-Persona Trinity Soul
-DMC3
-.Hack

Trinity Soul was an original story and the DMC anime did not adapt DMC3. Please do not be including non-adaptations in your list of bad adaptations.

(DeSu 2 is horrific, though, I will agree on that.)
Oct 9, 2013 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
SMFH.
disappointed.
Oct 9, 2013 5:55 AM
Sep 2013
FlashFumo said:
PRxStarChild said:
Another Bad Adaption of a Good Game Series for the Season.

Examples of this:
-DaganRoppa
-DS2
-Persona Trinity Soul
-DMC3
-.Hack

(DeSu 2 is horrific, though, I will agree on that.)

For me this is the only game adaptation that was truly horrible.
Oct 9, 2013 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
Fine, I guess.So this time it's a heterochromic Sugita.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
I have a feeling that those who has not played the game (like me) would find things going too fast and not clear.

What game???
yeah its not clear for me, the first 2 mins i don't know what's happening. but

Awesome first episode, Ragna is badass with perfect OST.

Looking forward for more.
Oct 9, 2013 7:18 AM

Nov 2010
Haven't checked out the game, but this was really good and interesting
At least much better than Devil Survivor 2

The location setting looks attractive and the characters too with that Meow glutton
Hope it tells the story well with only 12 episodes
Oct 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Dec 2011
This anime, just from the designs, really screams its a battle anime.
I love that the story starts with the supposedly "bad guy" is the protagonist.
Kinda hard to understand what is going on since I haven't played the game... but will watch for more. Also for Noel!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Feb 2008
This was kinda hilarious, in a bad way. The fights were so bad.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 9, 2013 8:53 AM
Nov 2008
The preview was funny but sadly untrue.

I guess the best anime adaptation of BlazBlue will remain the console openings.
Oct 9, 2013 9:58 AM
Oct 2011
This is all over the place. It looks cool, but that's it.
Oct 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
This anime for a first episode is not very good. The animation was very bland, the usage of colors seems very dull, the effects of the attacks just really didn't stand out. Along with the sound effects of the in the fights was either nonexistent or just didn't put enough emphasis of how strong the each characters attacks are. The pace of the anime is questionable, though somewhat understandable seeing that this is only get 12 episodes, so taking the core parts of the story is only thing that put into these type of format. Still, it didn't seem like a good choice of scenes or events in the way this blazblue has been placed, there some parts of the episode like ragna going from the girl from the kaka clan to saya scenario seems fine but in other parts like going from ragna dying in a so called final battle to the vampire girl saying "Oh this happened" didn't seem to feel right. As in all animes, I've watched I'll be watching them through, hopefully it gets with each episode.
Oct 9, 2013 1:12 PM
Jul 2012
Haven't seen the anime yet. However I'm not surprised a lot of the story line is some what improvised - that's what I'm getting from reading the comments.

Funny enough, the game that would have made a transition from a game to anime would have actually been Guilty Gear. See the video, to see what I mean. And no it was never made in to an anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqQl9yLOnc

And for the ones that don't know. Blaz blue is the spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear fighting games.
Oct 9, 2013 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
CalamityO said:
Haven't seen the anime yet. However I'm not surprised a lot of the story line is some what improvised - that's what I'm getting from reading the comments.

Funny enough, the game that would have made a transition from a game to anime would have actually been Guilty Gear. See the video, to see what I mean. And no it was never made in to an anime.

And for the ones that don't know. Blaz blue is the spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear fighting games.
i love guilty gear but unlike what BB did with continuum shift, guilty gear's story is absolute garbage, its so convoluted and the creators actually admit that they were writing it as it went along while with BB they have a road map.

Guilty gear only had 1 game with a story that wasnt a disjointed mess and its the abomination known as guilty gear overture which we should continue ignoring its existence

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 9, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 2012
ThunderPX said:
Also, no Ice Car.

Blast, beaten to it!!.
Oct 9, 2013 1:31 PM
Jul 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
CalamityO said:

i love guilty gear but unlike what BB did with continuum shift, guilty gear's story is absolute garbage, its so convoluted and the creators actually admit that they were writing it as it went along while with BB they have a road map.

Guilty gear only had 1 game with a story that wasnt a disjointed mess and its the abomination known as guilty gear overture which we should continue ignoring its existence

Well, the story to me was pretty good, but that' just my opinion. If you hated overture, then you'll love GG Xrd -sign-, set a year after overture.
Oct 9, 2013 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
Loveddddddd, but I just kept on feeling like Ragna wound start talking about JUMP or something because he has the same voice actor as Gintoki!
Oct 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2010
I have been hearing about the game for years now so i decided to take a look at this but wasn't to found of this episode.
It's a bit to action packed for me, and i know it's still the first episode but for now the characters appeared a bit shallow and not very interesting.
The surroundings and character design on the other hand looked pretty good.
I will give it a few more episodes and see how it turns out.
Oct 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
Eh, this wasn't that bad.

But it wasn't amazing, either.

I avoided confusion because I've played the series up to Continuum Shift EX, but I can see why newbies wouldn't understand a thing.
Oct 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
It was quite confusionary honestly ... I didn't play the game so I don't know what is going on. It's clearly aimed at fans of the game. Anyway, I will keep watching it. The VAs are really amazing, Sugita Tomokazu for example.
Oct 9, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed it, but I agree that it is definitely aimed at fans of the game. When Blazblue first came out I thought it would be awesome if there was an anime. So it is cool to finally see it happening. I am curious if they are planning on adapting CS also, as someone else said on here. Considering it shows all the characters from that game as well. Hoping to see some Platinum and Mu-12. >_<
Oct 9, 2013 2:58 PM

Mar 2011
M_intent97kg said:
I enjoyed it, but I agree that it is definitely aimed at fans of the game. When Blazblue first came out I thought it would be awesome if there was an anime. So it is cool to finally see it happening. I am curious if they are planning on adapting CS also, as someone else said on here. Considering it shows all the characters from that game as well. Hoping to see some Platinum and Mu-12. >_<

Continuum Shift characters such as Relius and Platinum appear in the ED, so yeah it will probably cover CS as well.
Oct 9, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
Raziel1991 said:
M_intent97kg said:

Continuum Shift characters such as Relius and Platinum appear in the ED, so yeah it will probably cover CS as well.

Indeed. That's why I was curious. Did not expect to see them in the credits. There is a lot to cover in CS though. Will be interesting to see what they focus on. If people are confused now, they will definitely be confused later on if they only show certain parts of the story.
Oct 9, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting start I hope full cast ends up being here here bc i do like the 2 games i have played so far cant remember there names though.
Oct 9, 2013 4:35 PM

Aug 2010
Liked it but I guess it's mainly because I played the games. It's awesome to see all the characters animated. Ragna ftw!
Oct 9, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty bad.. but w/e. Is it just me, or does green haired guy remind anyone of Gin from Bleach. Also, the Blonde resembles Accelerator. (Facial expressions and talking)
Oct 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:
It was quite confusionary honestly ... I didn't play the game so I don't know what is going on. It's clearly aimed at fans of the game.

Yes. This is basically a fanservice for those people who played the game. Anyone could tell given how the storyline is awfully terrible.

I played BB but incompletely(Didn't really get hooked to it).

Oct 9, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
This is really good so far, better than I expected. Lots of very intriguing characters.
Oct 9, 2013 6:41 PM
Jul 2013
skudoops said:
I thought the animation quality was still average, not "bad". I wasn't expecting it to be good at all tbh, was kinda surprised it wasn't worse than how it was.

This.

As a really huge fan of the game, as well as someone who's not bothered by animation quality, I really enjoyed this episode. Well, except the part we're all hating, Jin's 236C, but well... Didn't expect much from the studio anyway.

I loved seeing Ragna using my favorite technique (yes, i main Ragna) to finish Jin :3.

Epic end picture imo
Oct 9, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
Fight scenes weren't as 'good' as I was expecting but still enjoying it. Noel~

Kinda feel they're trying too hard with the BGM.
Oct 9, 2013 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
I would say the animation in here is not that bad and the characters are okay from the start. I only watched this for the story even though I haven't played the game.

I sort of lost track of the story so I have to repeat some scenes again and ost was kind of decent imo. Overall it is a decent start but I hope they don't like throw everything that is important one episode at a time.

Oct 9, 2013 10:16 PM

Apr 2007
lol wow I didn't expect to see so much hate for the animation. I don't know if it's because I kept my expectations low, but I really didn't think it looked that bad. Jin's ice looked horrendous though. Was also a little disappointed to see them reusing scenes in the opening :[

Anyway I've only played a little of the game (basically most of what was in this episode), but man did it feel rushed. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole series is like that too, but we'll see.
Oct 9, 2013 10:42 PM
Oct 2011
Not very clear from the perspective of someone who has not played the game..
I am sooo not used to Gintoki's voice in another body, so whenever Ragna speaks, it looks painful because it doesn't seem like the voice belongs to him XD the seiyuu is awesome anyway~
I wanted to play the game but couldn't so when I heard that it was getting some sort of adaptation, I was thrilled, but... I had ????? most of the times..

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Oct 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Oct 2012
I've played the game and a fan of it, i'd say this adaptation is pretty decent. So far they're followed the story line quite well. But from an average standpoint, i'd say this was rushed, you'll be confused everytime new characters appear out of nowhere. Anyway, good to hear Tomokazu Sugita's voice as Ragna in the adaptation as well. I'll be sure to follow this. Yep.

PS: Rachel is so cute here. <3
Oct 10, 2013 12:43 AM
Dec 2012
Ok start to the anime.
Good thing I played the games or I would've been lost xD

And still love the wanted ragna poster :P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

68 by Spygecko »»
Aug 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2022 4:46 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 8, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.