Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
There's no justification for Eren being on fire. Even if it's a stylistic choice it's retarded and makes no sense. Why? Why did you set Eren on fire Mr. Araki?

Levi using 3DMG was beyond stupid.

The way they revealed the titan in the wall was utterly terrible and also makes no sense considering how that scene plays out in the manga. So, what, is everyone going to see it now?

The only anime-original choice I liked in the episode was Annie's meth addict face. That was really well done. Of course it was semi-ruined by FIRE EREN hopping about but that's just how things are I suppose.

All in all I'll give this adaptation a 6/10. Inconsistent.
Sep 28, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:
I am so fucking mad right now, you have no idea. I've defended some of the changes the anime has made up to this point, but they just took a massive shit on the manga and I'm quite annoyed.

Eren as some kind of wacky fire titan are you serious?

Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

Was it really fire though? It could have been artistic license to show off the aura he's giving off?

There was fire coming off his body. And he turned black.

Did you see it? It was beyond retarded.

The thing is, it was only a stylistic thing, it didn't make him stronger, nor change the outcome of the fight.

Yes it did. Did you not see him throwing Annie around like a ragdoll after he went super saiyan (it hurts to type, but it's what happened)? And the retarded part where an INJURED LEVI has to stop him from EATING ANNIE.

And the whole point of Eren's titan form is that it's supposed to be much more normal looking than the other shifters, not a god damn fire demi-god.

The only part of this episode I liked was how they handled Annie climbing the wall, it was quite sympathetic. That's it.

I also saw him throwing annie like a ragdoll in the forest fight. Yes, Levi went in, but that's their justification for doing the fire thing. Otherwise nothing else changed. They just wanted to give it a "final battle" vibe.

I checked up with the manga chapter - most of the scenes Eren-titan is really drawn black-shaded compared to Annie. For comparison, in the forest fight they are approximately the same and the black shades on two of them are much less.

Hello, chapter 50 ...
Sep 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:
I am so fucking mad right now, you have no idea. I've defended some of the changes the anime has made up to this point, but they just took a massive shit on the manga and I'm quite annoyed.

Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

Was it really fire though? It could have been artistic license to show off the aura he's giving off?

The thing is, it was only a stylistic thing, it didn't make him stronger, nor change the outcome of the fight.

Yes it did. Did you not see him throwing Annie around like a ragdoll after he went super saiyan (it hurts to type, but it's what happened)? And the retarded part where an INJURED LEVI has to stop him from EATING ANNIE.

And the whole point of Eren's titan form is that it's supposed to be much more normal looking than the other shifters, not a god damn fire demi-god.

The only part of this episode I liked was how they handled Annie climbing the wall, it was quite sympathetic. That's it.

I also saw him throwing annie like a ragdoll in the forest fight. Yes, Levi went in, but that's their justification for doing the fire thing. Otherwise nothing else changed. They just wanted to give it a "final battle" vibe.

I checked up with the manga chapter - most of the scenes Eren-titan is really drawn black-shaded compared to Annie. For comparison, in the forest fight they are approximately the same and the black shades on two of them are much less.

Hello, chapter 50 ...

Gonna laugh my ass off if he goes fire mode next chapter
Sep 28, 2013 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

I know this is going to seem like a ridiculous excuse, but some of those chapters were very poorly scanlated and the leveling is way off. If you look at the Eren vs Annie fights in the volume raws they're the same colour.
Sep 28, 2013 10:52 AM
Sep 2012
They just wanted to make it a "finale" because a season isn't like an arc in the manga - they might not get to make another season for years. This feels complete and "final" even with the mysteries lingering.

I feel like it works on it's own, even if it isn't a 100% perfect adaption.

Oh geez, the rage from manga purists will be stong and dumb.
Sep 28, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
I just realized that they had Mikasa pull Eren away from the titan instead of Armin. They're really pushing that ship, huh?
Sep 28, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2013
Season 2 needs to start with a remake of this episode.
Sep 28, 2013 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Amarrez said:
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

I know this is going to seem like a ridiculous excuse, but some of those chapters were very poorly scanlated and the leveling is way off. If you look at the Eren vs Annie fights in the volume raws they're the same colour.

I know and I agree, but I am not offering an excuse for anything. It's just that one panel caught my attention, and you know no one was able to say how really Annie would look like in the anime, judging from the manga. So, this was it, really. I have yet to see the raw.

Could you elaborate on the Levi part, because I will definitely agree with here. The major point of this chapter is that Eren can behave in his titan form, Hanji said it herself. Dragging the injured Levi to put breaks on Eren is hell of inconsistency.
Sep 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
Daw11 said:

Season 2 doesn't need to start at all. What we need is SnK: Titanhood.
Sep 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
Worst ending ever. 1/10 dropped.
Sep 28, 2013 10:58 AM

Apr 2008
Amarrez said:
Daw11 said:

So just cause of one episode they should remake the whole first season. >_> That's being unreasonable and you know it.
Sep 28, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Damn! That fight was fucking brutal! I loved it!
They made some small changes and re arranged some events, but that's alright. It was right move, this is the end of the season after all. And it will be at least least one year until next one, so this finale is well done.
Sep 28, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:
Daw11 said:

So just cause of one episode they should remake the whole first season. >_> That's being unreasonable and you know it.

They're going to need to retcon about half of this episode to do a second season.

Also, wasn't the whole point of Levi's character in these chapters the fact that even though he wants to, he can't avenge his comrades due to his injury? Lol, no, let's just have him be the Deus Ex Manlet and save the day. Fujoshit pandering if I've ever seen it.
Sep 28, 2013 11:00 AM

Jan 2009
Anyone who thinks at least, know that they would change something. I expected more from the last episode, but everyone expected more, think well, this anime was great, I honestly don't know what I expected... but I expected some thing... I think this is the problem, this anime was so good, we expected something even better... but whatever... I want a second season.

10/10 I will not change anything only because this episode. The entire anime compared to other animes I have seen lately, was much better.

Now I continue reading the manga. I'm waiting for chapter 50... I can't wait for read this :)
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 28, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Amarrez said:
Snip

Then why make Titanhood when only one episode needs to be fixed? >_>
Sep 28, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
7/10, subpar adaption
Too many (bad) fillers, horrible pacing, disappointing production values. I know WIT had several problems, especially time issues, but this doesn’t make things better.
Sep 28, 2013 11:07 AM
Jul 2013
Erhm.... well.... at least Eren didn't breath fire or throw fireballs? So I guess it's ok.

I shall be a bitch and watch this episode latah, when the subs are out.

Until then, peace fellas.

#CheapLife
Sep 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:
Snip

Then why make Titanhood when only one episode needs to be fixed? >_>

Any excuse to get Araki's ass off the staff.
Sep 28, 2013 11:08 AM
Aug 2013
Sourire said:
LeElPsy89 said:
Avarage anime, final episode gets 5/10, complete anime gets 6/10. thanks for nothing WIT. :>
And you rated game neptune a 8/10 lololol

Tastes differ, right? ;-)
Sep 28, 2013 11:09 AM
Sep 2012
-Levi was supposed to be injured
-Eren's supposed to be able to control his titan form, but they made his reaction last week that way to foreshadow the fire titan thing.
-The wall titan is supposed to appear right away.

That's the main problematic things here. Accidentally voted 5/5, but 3/5 for this episode, if you look at it on it's own, it was a cool and brutal fight and they did not miss any of the key points, but still some Magi ending crap here.

btw. All anime-onlies, go read the manga. The adaption was pretty much 90% faithful overall, but there's some aspects to some characters the anime's missing, I'd probably give the series as a whole about a 8/10, though. When it shined, it really did.

Just gonna wait for subs now.
PipokoSep 28, 2013 11:20 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
Rating 5/5 by default. Can't wait to watch later on.
Sep 28, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2008
Surysasuri said:
7/10, subpar adaption
Too many (bad) fillers, horrible pacing, disappointing production values. I know WIT had several problems, especially time issues, but this doesn’t make things better.

if u think was all that bad
watch naruto
maybe u'll change your mind
being myself a manga reader i enjoyed the episode even with the few changes
The spider is watching
Sep 28, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2009
My God! Some things people bitch and complain about and reasonings it's just....Sad....So sad *agonizing facepalm*

It's not that Eren can't control his Titan form. He can't control himslef. I'm sure you people noticed by now, and those who read manga that Eren might not be quite right in the head. When he's consumed with rage, there's no stopping him. That guy has some legit psycho problems xD
He can control his titan form in a sense that he'a able to stay conscious while transformed. Unlike the first time he transformed on his own ( to fix breach in the wall) where he was basically asleep.
Sep 28, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
Yuushin7 said:
My God! Some things people bitch and complain about and reasonings it's just....Sad....So sad *agonizing facepalm*

It's not that Eren can't control his Titan form. He can't control himslef. I'm sure you people noticed by now, and those who read manga that Eren might not be quite right in the head. When he's consumed with rage, there's no stopping him.

But in the manga he did control himself during this fight, it was a major turning point for his character. That was the whole god damn point.

However, clearly Eren's character boils down to "HURR MAD AS HELL".
Sep 28, 2013 11:16 AM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
Yuushin7 said:

It's not that Eren can't control his Titan form. He can't control himslef. I'm sure you people noticed by now, and those who read manga that Eren might not be quite right in the head. When he's consumed with rage, there's no stopping him.

But in the manga he did control himself during this fight, it was a major turning point for his character. That was the whole god damn point.

However, clearly Eren's character boils down to "HURR MAD AS HELL".

Let's hope that S2 or Attack: Titanhood will not bust that scene when

Sep 28, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2011
Needs mawr Bert
Sep 28, 2013 11:17 AM
Jul 2013
NihonFalcom said:
Needs mawr Bert

Season 2 mate....

Or as some people call it...

Attack: Titanhood
Sep 28, 2013 11:20 AM
Jul 2013
if they did what people say WIT did, then it's sad. Just go with the manga ffs why cant all anime adaptations just follow he fucking manga damnit.
Sep 28, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2009
Should've at least had Erwin or someone else cut Eren out of the titan instead of Levi since he's supposed to be hurt.
Sep 28, 2013 11:22 AM
Sep 2013
Yuushin7 said:

It's not that Eren can't control his Titan form. He can't control himslef. I'm sure you people noticed by now, and those who read manga that Eren might not be quite right in the head. When he's consumed with rage, there's no stopping him. That guy has some legit psycho problems xD
He can control his titan form in a sense that he'a able to stay conscious while transformed. Unlike the first time he transformed on his own ( to fix breach in the wall) where he was basically asleep.

Not quite right, its been shown that the Titan "takes over" Eren. In the manga, when he fought with Annie and said he would "devour" her, there are two panels that show Eren in the Titan. After he said he'd "devour her," you can see that the Titan consumed more of his face. A similar sort of thing happened in Trost. When the Titan takes over the Titan-Shifter, it turns into a monster.

Eren was supposed to control his Titan in this episode, and his rage in the last. But the anime hasn't been very generous when it comes to developing Eren's character as opposed to the manga. I guess this way it's more epic? Hopefully season 2 will develop him better.
Sep 28, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 2007
Okay, so could someone sum up for me what did they change, since it looks like a whole fandom is raging? I'm not able to watch this ep right now but I'm curious ;o
Sep 28, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Alzea said:
Okay, so could someone sum up for me what did they change, since it looks like a whole fandom is raging? I'm not able to watch this ep right now but I'm curious ;o

I'll try to sum up all the changes from memory, both good and bad. Mostly bad.

- Mikasa doesn't discover the titans in the wall. It happens later when no one is around to see it. Hanji, Armin and Pastor Nick do not learn of it.
- Eren turns into a fire titan.
- Levi uses 3DMG despite his injury to cut Eren out of his titan when he attempts to eat Annie (another change).
- Before she turns into a crystal, Annie cries.
- Instead of being thrown up to Annie by an in control Eren, Mikasa just uses 3DMG to zip up to Annie instead.

There were more, but I've forgotten. The wall reveal and fire shit is the main prickly point, and rightfully so.
Sep 28, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2009
Amarrez said:
This was in both anime and manga.
Sep 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Jul 2013
Alzea said:

Well, they added a few extra scenes that isn't quite like the manga:

Honestly, from a manga reader's standpoint, this episode and episode 24 had some subtle changes, but is still enjoyable in the end. I get why some people are worked up about it though.

From a viewer's standpoint, man, you've gotta drop your bullshit. You have to admit that the episode was epic.

I kinda see why they change a little bit on the anime. The manga has a more horror and calm vibe to it while the anime version has a more epic and action vibe. Both versions are very consistent, but each has its own pros.
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:

- Mikasa doesn't discover the titans in the wall. It happens later when no one is around to see it. Hanji, Armin and Pastor Nick do not learn of it.
- Levi uses 3DMG despite his injury to cut Eren out of his titan when he attempts to eat Annie (another change).
- Instead of being thrown up to Annie by an in control Eren, Mikasa just uses 3DMG to zip up to Annie instead.

There were more, but I've forgotten. The wall reveal and fire shit is the main prickly point, and rightfully so.

I think they should've gone pure anime-only ending or just pure manga material instead of trying to balance it between "series finale" and "there's more to come".

Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:

Annie DID cry before the crystal thing in the manga.

Also, some characters were switched, Jean was attacking the crystal Annie was in rather than some random Scouting Legion guy and being stopped by Levi rather than Hanji.
Jul 2013
Eren rage mode ain't pretty....instead of improving his character with original scenes, they're destroing it. WTF WIT STUDIOS JUST STICK TO THE MANGA. First episode I wont rate 5/5. And I know, majority of those haters of the finale are manga readers. TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE. Ugh!! :(
Sep 28, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
stAtic91 said:
Amarrez said:

You're right, but the entire sequence was very different.

link removed (chapter 33, page 41)

Mod Edit: Please do not link to images on manga reading sites but upload them somewhere else.
LunaSep 28, 2013 12:06 PM
Sep 28, 2013 11:33 AM
Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
stAtic91 said:
Amarrez said:

You're right, but the entire sequence was very different.

link removed (chapter 33, page 41)

here you can see her crying. Not as straight-up, but you can see her tears.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaSep 28, 2013 12:06 PM
Sep 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
Now that's a friggin' fail. So sad to give the anime 7/10, but can't help it, they've ruined some of the best moments in the manga.
I can see beauty where others see ugliness. That either makes me an artist or a person of very poor taste (с)

Sep 28, 2013 11:35 AM
Sep 2013
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:

Sounds anti climatic, especially regarding the wall reveal.
And awwwww I was kind of looking forward to seeing Mikasa being thrown -.-
fire titan? huh? is that some kind of titan power he'll have in the future or was it just used because it looks cool (but makes no sense since I don't remember that happening in the manga)
Sep 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
its nice to watch a lot of people go "rage mode" like Eren after worshiping this anime a lot. OH THE INEVITABILITY OF EXPECTATION.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 28, 2013 11:39 AM
Sep 2012
erika4dsl said:
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:

Sounds anti climatic, especially regarding the wall reveal.
And awwwww I was kind of looking forward to seeing Mikasa being thrown -.-
fire titan? huh? is that some kind of titan power he'll have in the future or was it just used because it looks cool (but makes no sense since I don't remember that happening in the manga)

It was just essentially a stylistic choice because he doesn't really do anything that he hasn't done, even if it seems like that on the surface. Unless the characters state something about it, which can't tell for now because no subs yet.
Sep 28, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Oh alright, Eren not throwing Mikasa is a real bummer.
Sep 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
The fire scene was just not right imo. And the wall reveal felt more like a puzzle coming together in the manga. I really wish this series had around 20 episodes and kept a standard pacing.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 28, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't really like some of the changes they made in this episode, but an amazing series nonetheless. I'm really gonna miss it, and season 2 can't come any sooner.
Sep 28, 2013 11:58 AM

Dec 2007
Huh, by not watching it, just reading what you say the worst thing seems to be
a bit of anti-climatic and they might have problems in s2 but oh well. Thanks for the answers, I'll probably watch it in two days or so and see for myself. Fire-mode Eren sounds funny (but this show or at least this fight shouldn't be funny).
Also fangirl mode on: does this mean my baby Hanji gets less screen time? ;__;
Sep 28, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:

They need to make SnK: Titanhood/Attack: Titanhood and add that fucking scene.

Fuck, I don't care if we have to wait until SnK the manga is almost finish (which is like in 3 years, volume 20 and all) to get SnK: Titanhood. I was defending episode 25. But not throwing Mikasa? Fuck.

EDIT: Wait wait guys....

This type of set-up....

I've figured out the conspiracy behind this.

They're trying to pull a Brotherhood conspiracy. This is not speculation, it actually makes sense, all the events leading up.

• First, make as much money and popularity on SnK as possible, ensuring that people would crave for it more.

• Second, deviate from the manga, in this case minorly.

• Third, 2nd step cockblocks people.

• Fourth, people would still crave for it.

• Fifth, mangaka announces end point for his manga (volume 20 in this case, which would span across for about 3 more years)

• Sixth, wait until the year before the manga finishes and announce a remake.

• Seventh, remake would have epic and consistent animation, following closely with the manga, more than the first attempt. It would have as many episodes as it demands to catch up to the manga.

• Eighth, everyone realizes that they pulled a Brotherhood.

• Ninth, goes on par/outranks Brotherhood in MAL, if everything's done right.

Busted, WIT studios.
XinceptionSep 28, 2013 12:05 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:07 PM
Sep 2012
Xinception said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Fuck, I don't care if we have to wait until SnK the manga is almost finish (which is like in 3 years, volume 20 and all) to get SnK: Titanhood. I was defending episode 25. But not throwing Mikasa? Fuck.

This type of set-up....

They're trying to pull a Brotherhood conspiracy. This is not speculation, it actually makes sense, all the events leading up.

• First, make as much money and popularity on SnK as possible, ensuring that people would crave for it more.

• Fifth, mangaka announces end point for his manga (volume 20 in this case, which would span across for about 3 more years)

• Seventh, remake would have epic and consistent animation, following closely with the manga, more than the first attempt. It would have as many episodes as it demands to catch up to the manga.

Busted, WIT studios.

Oh shit! Is this what's in the basement?
Sep 28, 2013 12:08 PM
Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
Xinception said:
ErenxMikasa said:

This type of set-up....

Busted, WIT studios.

Oh shit! Is this what's in the basement?

I ninja'ed Mr. Grisha Yaeger to get this.
Pages (34) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.