Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Asuka ;.; I do feel sorry for her. Dat tears: http://i.imgur.com/BhRWsV9.png

Not too surprised what happened. Haruto you should of just tell the truth. Oh well..can't be helped I guess. Weird final scenes.. Seems like series is over. I wasn't impressed with it tbh. I think there's 2 more OVAs.
Stark700Sep 28, 2013 8:45 AM
Sep 28, 2013 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
This is bullshit. They cut out the friends calling them out on their shit to make it look like a "happy ending". Nanami specifically asks Yuzuki "are you okay with stealing another girl's happiness?" showing all of us how much of a pathetic person Yuzuki has become (as if we already didn't know) . And Takeshi gives Haruto shit for throwing Asuka away like trash for Yuzuki.
VioLinkSep 28, 2013 10:54 AM
[center]
Sep 28, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
Completely different interpretation of how the ending of this arc was originally portrayed and not for the better

The one thing I'll take away from the anime is the cinematography. Had some really creative shots at times
HybridMBLSep 28, 2013 4:10 PM
Sep 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
where did you watch it ??

cause on my fav. anime sites , it isnt !!! pls help
Sep 28, 2013 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
Don't get me wrong and all, I love this manga but I feel it got butchered. Especially in episode 11... the manga just had way too much feels relative to that epsiode.
Sep 28, 2013 3:33 PM

Oct 2010
I for one am most definitely not a fan of the manga, but was still interested in how they would adapt it. In the end I disliked the anime even more than the manga, it wasn't a good adaptation at all.
Sep 28, 2013 4:42 PM

Feb 2011
Seems like they changed a lot from the manga so I will start reading it to see what really happened.

Also I HATE THE FACT that he chose Eba over Asuka ... I mean .. really ? :| Even though it was obvious ..

7/10

Animation wasn't too great either , gj GONZO -_-
Sep 28, 2013 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
haven't read the manga but..

horrible characters, plot is all over the place, terrible MC, Asuka is the only character I liked and she was screwed over.

Asuka > All, 6/10 because I'm generous
Sep 28, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
I feel sorry for Asuka, she didn't deserved such a treatment ;;
Sep 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
Horrible adaptation and butchered the manga leaving out so many scenes and moments.
Asuka is too good for Haruto's indecisive ass and she really didn't deserve what happened to her at all. It would have been better if they just made the anime an Asuka end, instead of going with Yuzuki. Now THAT would have been more interesting.

5/10
Sep 28, 2013 5:51 PM

May 2013
I thought the series was ok-ish but after reading a some of the stuff they left out from the manga, I'm kinda disappointed. Yuzuki was just a bother the whole way through and seems to just use whatever bad past experiences as a cheap scapegoat. Still in the end I guess it was somewhat of a good thing Asuka didn't end up with Haruto, he isn't worth it though i still feel bad for her.

Also preferred the art from the OVA a lot more, the art here made everything feel... idk how to describe it but it i guess it was kinda 'off' and surreal.

Gonna end up reading the manga, all this talk about what actually happened compared to the anime is bugging me (not happy with the anime outcome).
Sep 28, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2012
God, I didn't think the ending would be this bad.

Just checked Seo's tweets and he is thanking bla bla bla, the usual thing. I wonder how it must feel to see his story get butchered.

Also, Mashima congratulated him and said he is going to read the alternative 200th chapter once he is done with work lol.
ZhouSep 28, 2013 6:03 PM
Sep 28, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2009
You know I'm not a manga elitist but this adaption is complete bullshit. And yet having a hard time scoring this below 5/10.
Sep 28, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2010
I've read the manga and obviously knew this was coming, but seriously, it's still complete bullshit that they ended it this way without showing their friends giving them complete hell for what they did to Asuka.

I know it's just an anime, but I can't be the only person out there who wants to kick Eba to the curb and beat the shit out of Haruto.....like I said, I know it was expected, but it still sucks that he chooses Eba over Asuka.
Sep 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2009
I understand the hate of Eba and Haruto but everyone is forgetting the main villain here. ----> RIN! I hate this character with a passion. She's the one who caused all of this. The anime doesn't even show it... *Angry Face*
Sep 28, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
Tony777 said:
You know I'm not a manga elitist but this adaption is complete bullshit. And yet having a hard time scoring this below 5/10.

Same here. Even scored it 6/10. Must be the music and the soundtracks, the only good things about this show.
Abysmal production quality + shit storytelling, 6/10 is way too high really :/
Sep 28, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2008
Asuka is such a philanthropist...I was hoping for some gore-ish ending -__-
Sep 28, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Ehhh ok series. Didn't really like Haruto that much well most of the characters at that. Only character I really liked was Asuka. Except she was tossed in the mud at the end (figuratively speaking).
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 28, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2010
I am a Yuzuki fan all the way. I always thought that Haruto was stupid for getting into a relationship with Asuka so soon after Yuzuki told him she didn't want to see him, though it was obvious that she liked him from the beginning of the Tokyo arc.

I was really surprised that they changed it from Nanami asking Yuzuki if she was OK stealing Asuka's happiness to Akari.

Tony777 said:
I understand the hate of Eba and Haruto but everyone is forgetting the main villain here. ----> RIN! I hate this character with a passion. She's the one who caused all of this. The anime doesn't even show it... *Angry Face*

I agree that Rin is the general villain of the piece, but in this particular instance she is pretty blameless. Yes, she manufactured the date to Fantasy Land with Yuzuki, but that was only a small thing.

All in all the anime was OK. It was uneven and a bit too loose with the story line, but I still love the story enough that I liked it. But the manga is soooo much better.
Sep 28, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Sourire said:
haven't read the manga but..

horrible characters, plot is all over the place, terrible MC, Asuka is the only character I liked and she was screwed over.

Asuka > All, 6/10 because I'm generous

I feel the same way. After Haurto's best friend died and Eba gave Haruto the cold shoulder, I thought that Haurto would have forgotten about Eba and stayed with Asuka. I liked Asuka. I disliked Haurto and Eba for their indecisiveness. Asuka was the better choice. Asuka always loved him, even after he broke up with her to go after Eba. It's sad that she was threw away like trash when she was the only good character in this anime. I don't think Rin was the main villain, I think it was Haruto. It was his indecisiveness that did this, not Rin. Rin might have helped, but it was all Haruto's doing.

I was liking this anime until Haruto chose Eba over Asuka. After he did that, I started just started to hate Haurto and Eba. I mean, how many times does Eba have to break up with Haruto? It would be funny is Eba broke up with him again after he just threw Asuka away like a piece of trash.

What I'm trying to say is that I liked this anime until the last 2 episodes. If this anime had a different ending where Haruto chose Asuka, I would have liked this anime a lot more.
Sep 28, 2013 7:56 PM

Jun 2013
zensunni said:
I am a Yuzuki fan all the way. I always thought that Haruto was stupid for getting into a relationship with Asuka so soon after Yuzuki told him she didn't want to see him, though it was obvious that she liked him from the beginning of the Tokyo arc.

I was really surprised that they changed it from Nanami asking Yuzuki if she was OK stealing Asuka's happiness to Akari.

Tony777 said:

I agree that Rin is the general villain of the piece, but in this particular instance she is pretty blameless. Yes, she manufactured the date to Fantasy Land with Yuzuki, but that was only a small thing.

All in all the anime was OK. It was uneven and a bit too loose with the story line, but I still love the story enough that I liked it. But the manga is soooo much better.

as a manga reader i didnt think the anime was too bad because it stayed true to the story which was eba dumping haruto for kazama and haruto still loving her after all the years and things shes done to him.sure the anime skipped a lot of details and changed from the manga but i didnt think it was extremely terrible.i would obviously want another company to remake it and actually start from the beginning which tells the true story behind eba and harutos love because i feel this anime adaption just makes eba look like the bitch and is the bearer of bad news when she actually isnt.

however regarding this episode.dear lord it wasnt even close to the manga and it wasnt good the way they changed it too. in my opinion every episode after kazamas death was good but this one was just horrible.haruto in this episode just looked like a complete asshole by dumping asuka and instantly getting together with eba.he was never a really great main character in the first place but this last episode really made him look like a complete ass.

was is just me or at 13:23 when rin is turning around she sheds a tear? if its true.then the manga readers know exactly why she did.
Sep 28, 2013 8:28 PM

Feb 2012
Just to sum it up I think a School Days type ending would have been perfect here (talk about a anime everybody hated but admired) first one to go would have been Rin she really pissed me off both in the magna and anime. In all fairness I believe this monogamy was just to show the true nature of what happens in real life. Although I would have liked to see him together w Eba and Asuka moving into the new "home". They did butcher a lot of the scenes and cut out major parts from the magna. I believe Asuka becomes preggo right? Boy do we love our Harems

PS- I really really feel bad for Akari cus she did show up in the episode seemed like she still had feelings too...just wrong that Eba took both the short hair ladies love away lol fuck it Haruto can go hang himself(guessing that's what Rin wanted)
rafi160Sep 28, 2013 8:34 PM
Sep 28, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
Yeaaa Asuka bitch slap Haruto, best thing to happen in this episode.
Sep 28, 2013 8:33 PM

Apr 2013
It was not the ending I wish it had been. I thought the plot was a bit forced in the end! I do not know if anyone here agrees with me, but I was so obvious it would happen to me it seemed that the plot at the end was a bit hit!
Sep 28, 2013 9:17 PM
Dec 2012
Ah he moved in her town. That's why the series title. He seems a chick magnet. When he ditched Asuka, I wondered if the show was turning out like School Days. But she backed off even saying she would wait for him. lol

It was a decent finale. Most of the previous episodes were confusing due to flashbacks and pacing issues, but the last episode and this one made sense. Just wish the series had been like these from early on.
Sep 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
rafi160 said:
Just to sum it up I think a School Days type ending would have been perfect here (talk about a anime everybody hated but admired) first one to go would have been Rin she really pissed me off both in the magna and anime. In all fairness I believe this monogamy was just to show the true nature of what happens in real life. Although I would have liked to see him together w Eba and Asuka moving into the new "home". They did butcher a lot of the scenes and cut out major parts from the magna. I believe Asuka becomes preggo right? Boy do we love our Harems

PS- I really really feel bad for Akari cus she did show up in the episode seemed like she still had feelings too...just wrong that Eba took both the short hair ladies love away lol fuck it Haruto can go hang himself(guessing that's what Rin wanted)

No girls are as loving as Asuka in real life, they'll just give you the cold shoulder and walk away with their lives.
Sep 28, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
Kimi no Iru Machi this adaptation was something. It really was nothing like the manga. I did not really enjoy it that much to say the least. Overall, it was something. All I can say.
Sep 28, 2013 9:48 PM

Feb 2013
They should have made this into a 25 episode anime instead. They cutted out so much stuff that happens after yuzuki and haruto got back together
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Sep 28, 2013 11:34 PM
Jul 2012
It was an okay adaptation in my opinion. I don't want to compare it to the manga but the anime seemed all over the place and confused me at times with how quickly they jumped around. I'm assuming it had a low budget overall (20min episodes including OP/ED, animation quality) so they couldn't pull off a direct adaptation and had to condense 140ish chapters worth of character/relationship building into 12 episodes. Despite my personal issues with the adaptation, I'm just happy I got to see one of my favourite manga get an anime and see those characters being animated.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 28, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2013
The anime was good. Surprised with the ending though.
Sep 28, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't read the manga so was a bit lost at the start of the show but ended up liking it a lot as it went on, really loved the mature type art, really. Liked the OP as well, just after the first 10 sec or so. :P

Have to say my heart's really bleeding for Asuka right now, always wanted Haruto and Yuzuki together but not like this. At the end of this episode as they were riding off into the sunset my feelings seeing that changed from earlier in the anime with the same scene. Earlier, it was beautiful but now, after what they did all I could see were two scumbags riddled in selfishness and self-satisfaction. Like previously mentioned, my appreciation for School Days just went higher.

Sep 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
Asuuuuuuka!!! Whhhy? Haruto is such a douche! He had a wonderful girlfriend who loves him so much and he just dumps like that. Eba and Haruto are so indecisive! Whats the point of not seeing each other for years then falling for each other! And I hate Rin for intervening countless times between Asuka and Haruto. Ugh!

Anyway, I'll prolly try the manga and hope it's better. I've read in a lot threads that they've SUPER summarized the manga to fit the 12 episode anime.. They should've just follow the manga pacing and made it a 24 episode anime with a season 2 (or more if necessary)
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 29, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
rafi160 said:

read the manga and you will know if rin wants haruto to hang himself or not.

jbeat said:
Asuuuuuuka!!! Whhhy? Haruto is such a douche! He had a wonderful girlfriend who loves him so much and he just dumps like that. Eba and Haruto are so indecisive! Whats the point of not seeing each other for years then falling for each other! And I hate Rin for intervening countless times between Asuka and Haruto. Ugh!

Anyway, I'll prolly try the manga and hope it's better. I've read in a lot threads that they've SUPER summarized the manga to fit the 12 episode anime.. They should've just follow the manga pacing and made it a 24 episode anime with a season 2 (or more if necessary)

its a super summary of just one arc of the series.there are so many other characters that the anime failed to show or even made some important characters in the manga(takashi,nanami,akari,and kiyomi)seem useless but they arent.

i think if this series went the path of 24-26 episodes and started from the very beginning of the story without leaving out too many details,i think it wouldve barely made into the tokyo arc(where this series started).in my opinion i think the tokyo arc was a lot more interesting and entertaining than the story of eba moving to hiroshima because of all the plot twists so i see why the anime company decided to begin the series there(but i still wish they started from the very beginning because this series made eba look like a really horrible person when she isnt if you just read the manga).i would like a company to remake this series and start from the beginning but i doubt any company would because it just seems like they are just remaking a series that an anime company made with just some additional details to the story.not saying i wouldnt want it though.

as for the manga,i really recommend you read it from the very beginning even though youve already seen this series.i usually prefer the anime adaptions over the actual manga but this series is an exception because of the extremely fast pacing to fit everything into a 12 episode series.i mean just by watching the last episode of my series made me feel even more disappointed in this series because i was really excited about this adaption but it was a let down.

i also feel like most of the people, including myself, that are complaining about the anime adaption are mostly manga readers of this series and i understand why.it was so poorly adapted and the anime company changing things to match the situation for the series made it just that much worse.like the last episode which was totally different compared to the manga and the ending was just bad in general.there was nothing that really made the viewers want to read the manga or want a second season.
Sep 29, 2013 1:24 AM

Dec 2012
I was disappointed by this adaptation. Initially, I really hated the adaptation but over time I managed to slightly appreciate the alternative story telling. However, too many details were left out and I couldn't feel any emotions from the episodes at all! I grew to like the anime more as it progressed although I still cannot get the fact that the manga was so much better out of my head.

I debated between a 5/10 and a 6/10 - I would probably give it a 6/10 if I haven't read the manga, but I am going to stick with my true feelings and give it a 5/10 - an average score. It isn't bad, but it definitely isn't anything above being mediocre.
Sep 29, 2013 5:21 AM

May 2013
unworthy stupid man and unfaithful bitch.... well what a couple - -''

-1 for the ending, Asuka best girl, haruto doesnt deserve her

9/10
Sep 29, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2008
Good ending!
I wish they only cut that last moment with Asuka x Haruto
or at last this "go back to me if this will don't work with Yuzuki" -.-
and give more fanservice for Haruto x Yuzuki
I wanted see their kiss ;(

There was always Yuzuki x Haruto,
so I don't really feel something for Asuka...
well... I haven't read manga, only watch anime,
and these episodes don't give me reason to like her.

Overall, cool series :)
Sep 29, 2013 5:57 AM

Nov 2008
What an ass.
Sep 29, 2013 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
Being Chihiro(TWOGK) and Asuka is suffering.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 29, 2013 9:55 AM

Dec 2011
Oh well, they went with that anime ending. This adaptation of the manga to anime is too bad. Also, lots of stills this episode and just dialogue above it.

Giving it a 5/10. I was expecting this breakup to be more emotional and Asuka is just torn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 10:30 AM
Sep 2013
Ow man!! I don't like it.. especially that Scum Haruto!!
I want to punch his face..
Dat triangle love, don't ever say it is a happy ending!!
And Haruto, you should not make a special relationship with Asuka at the first place!!
Sep 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
7.5/10
Could have been a lot better, but I still enjoyed the story. Just love romance drama, and this is nothing but.
Sep 29, 2013 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Can I please punch whoever decided that using an 'If things don't work out with her, you can always come back to me' ending was a good idea? Because that was complete bullshit and that is not how romance should work.

The show was mediocre overall. I have no idea how they ended that part in the manga but I hope it was better than that.
Sep 29, 2013 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
Asfaria said:
Can I please punch whoever decided that using an 'If things don't work out with her, you can always come back to me' ending was a good idea? Because that was complete bullshit and that is not how romance should work.

Yes, thank you.
Agree!
Sep 29, 2013 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
Swaying between a 5 and a 6/10. Dunno. I enjoyed some parts actually. Would be interested in an OVA or second season.

The animation may be trippy, but I liked the cinematography even if it was overdone at some parts. Balloon scene and firefly scene were so beautiful, and even this episode had its moments with the raindrop scenes.

When Rin said "You have a third one", I laughed, because there'a also Nanami, Akari and even his classmate, Mina, in Haruto's harem. LOL

I feel like this series had some real potential to show a great female male friendship between Asuka and Haruto but wasted it and made her into another one of his harem girls. :[ I didn't feel the romance between them IMO but I thought she would have been better as the matchmaker that pushes Haruto to Eba. Rin was too annoying/flirty for her role. I know this is an ecchi series, but it really just ruins the mood! I would have liked to see her as the person who kind of leaks Eba's daily life to Haruto and tells him about how her sister is doing.

LittleStar said:
Asfaria said:

Yes, thank you.
Agree!

At least he didn't say "yes" to it. I think she was just being honest. As a person who's been through Asuka's situation (being the rebound girl), I wouldn't disagree with her thoughts.
MayukaSep 29, 2013 12:14 PM
Sep 29, 2013 12:29 PM
Feb 2013
Oh how I fell bad for Asuka, damn you Haruto for cheating on her.
Sep 29, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2012
Well considering it all lead up to this, that ending wasn't that good. It seems like Haruto was able to make both happy by being with his lover, as well as Asuka not really caring. Definitely not what I expected after leading up to this.

This series probably has the worst art this season, maybe even matched with Gifuu Doudou. The art had no detail, the colors were kind of plain, animation was. . . yeah, and all dem close-ups, I can see their mouth and chin but not their eyes. I can see their shorts/pants when they are talking. The best animation came when the characters would accidentally trip over each other, it took 5 seconds and the animation in this 'quick' movement was so. . . strange.
Yeah, well the story wasn't bad, though, and I guess this is what you get for, what was it? 2 years or so of manga into 6 hours?

Sep 29, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Saburo-kun said:
This series probably has the worst art this season, maybe even matched with Gifuu Doudou. The art had no detail, the colors were kind of plain, animation was. . . yeah, and all dem close-ups, I can see their mouth and chin but not their eyes. I can see their shorts/pants when they are talking.

More like lazy and sloppy. The director tried to be too artistic which did not work most of the time. It definitely did have some moments though, when the music and visuals blended very well. The overuse of close-ups were not necessarily though, especially for this story.
Sep 29, 2013 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
the okay so far, a little confusing. will definitely read the manga when i get around to it.

::ANGRY RANT AHEAD::

i am going to punch haruto in the gut cuz he deserves it AND THAT SLAP TOO. fucking asshole. he did not just break my otp just to go after eba again. i am sick of him always chasing after eba. god. dat stupid useless dick. i may not like rin, but she made a fucking good point about him. haruto is a scum. i will literally go to him, punch him in the gut, castrate him, and murder him. maybe not in that order, but i will do it. haruto, u effing dumbass. how stupid can he be?!
Sep 29, 2013 3:42 PM
Aug 2010
I show from the beginning is good until the ending, what is the point of choosing Eba over Asuka, Haruto tried so hard last time to get back relationship with Eba but she rejected him.

Then WHY Haruto chose her, I real feel sorry for Asuka ?

I ending is very similar to Kimi ga Nozomu.

I will give it 5\10 just because then ending.
Sep 29, 2013 6:03 PM
Jul 2009
"Come back if things go rough with Yuzuki" (roughly) ? Duh fuck, I don't remember this line -

Um, anyone have the sketch they showed at the end as a picture? (Either in different cuts or put together, mainly Yuzuki)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How should I go about reading the manga and watching the anime?

Reshiram_IX - Jan 3, 2023

7 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 29, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.