Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2012
It was a fun watch 8/10

Long Live Dragonball

Sep 14, 2013 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
I thought the animation and setting were pretty great, it most definintely brought back a lot of nostalgia and the Super Sayan God was pretty impressive.

But i still felt like something was lacking.. most of the movie was just random comedy gags here and there with only a big fight scene at the end. I feel like this didn't fulfill its role completly as the 14th Dragon Ball Z movie but it was still worth watching after all these years.
Sep 14, 2013 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
Lord Bliss is the 7th God of destruction, there are 14 total universe in DBZ.
How EPIC is that!. There's more enemies, more stronger beings out there.

I hope they continue this series or atleast make another movie :D
Found this user profile on MAL once, I laughed my ass off once I saw his profile. Too bad he updated it now. Shame I got a screenshot of it. Best Favorite Anime list ever on MAL.

NotJizzyHitler's profile: http://i.imgur.com/yBOV24Z.png
Sep 14, 2013 6:35 PM

Nov 2011
The first hour was next to pointless in my opinion. The scence where Lord Bills appears felt like humour from Tom and Jerry.

Seeing Vegeta dance was hilarious, yet creepy, just like Whis said. Also, seeing him momentarily surpass Goku was epic. Extremely epic.

I was hoping that the cat would give Buu more of a beating instead of just chucking him in the pool. I never really liked his character.

The action was good, but they used too much CGI imo. It felt too much like a cutscene from a PS3 game. If they make enough of a profit, I'm sure they'll make another movie, because the ending felt really open.

thraciasSep 14, 2013 6:43 PM
Sep 14, 2013 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
Good movie overall, Vegetas character felt really off but oh well.
Sep 14, 2013 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
Videl made the movie better :|
Sep 14, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
The movie was great with a lot of comedy and action. At first before the movie was available online I was a little disappointed in Super Saiyan God but after seeing it in action it looks really good I just wish Goku's hairstyle itself changed. I LOVED the aura because it looks like a mix of normal super saiyan aura and Kaioken aura plus it looks like fire. Bills is also one of the coolest DBZ villains ever created.
Sep 14, 2013 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
I was expecting an awesome transformation, not a life speech about the the universe is a big place cliche.
Sep 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
since Goku has yet to achieve enough power to defeat the 12 Gods, most likely this isnt even his final form
i hope so since ive seen fanfic design of Super Saiyan God that looked much better than what we got
Sep 14, 2013 10:00 PM
May 2008
I loved it! Although the comedy was a bit heavy ad the action light, this might have been Toriyama reminding us that despite DB being the king of battle shounen manga, it isn't JUST about the battles.
Sep 14, 2013 10:38 PM

Nov 2011
Bills is a great villain, I mean he want to destroy stuff like other villains in DBZ but he has more character. Not to mention being strong enough to own SSJ 3 Goku like a fodder. I wonder how he treat Freeza, sit on his big head?

So is Whis stronger than Bills?

Sep 14, 2013 10:46 PM
May 2012
Vegeta dance was epic lol.
Sep 15, 2013 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
buzz_start said:
Vegeta dance was epic lol.

Agreed his dance was the highlight of the movie
Sep 15, 2013 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
Oh them childhood feels. I swear, I felt like a kid again seeing all my favorite heroes from Dragon Ball Z fighting together again. Smiled a few times because I knew Goku would pull through somehow, just didn't know how. Vegeta! Finally, just do something to Bulma and he'll surpass Goku! Amazing. Just too many things to say. I loved this movie.

I also wanted to touch upon those little hints about the extension of the Dragon Ball universe. Bills is in the 7th universe, and there's 14 in total? That calls on some major things to think about. Will they extend it? "You'll have to find out on the next Dragon Ball Z!"
Sep 15, 2013 4:55 AM

May 2008
epic movie would totally want a sequel to it the comedy was great and unlike the other dbz movie it wasn't just all fighting there was a point an explanation to the saiyans even tho the transformation to achieve SSJ God was abit cliche but still epic hope there a movie 2 of this!!!
Sep 15, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Dat super sayian god form.

Great episode!!!
Sep 15, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2013
No pudding and no SSJ God
there is only left to destroy

lol
Sep 15, 2013 5:59 AM

Jun 2012
So pretty much Bills could sneeze on Freeza and kill him. Surprised Bills was interested in him at all.

Lol'd at Vegeta and destroying the world over pudding.
Sep 15, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
Give Bills some pudding next time.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 15, 2013 7:56 AM

Mar 2011
Ok that was interesting.....

So first off, this took place after Z. but Pilaf was in it with a reference to his wish in GT where he made Goku a kid, but instead he was a kid, not Goku. What was that about?

Vegeta managed to surpass Goku despite not even being a SSj3 because they hit Bulma? seriously?

Goku became a god, then stopped being a god, but still had art of the power from being a god, but was never a match for the god of destruction.

So Goku was the second strongest he had fought? Was hat after Wiss, is Wiss stronger than Bills then? And there are 12 universes, which this is the 7th of huh.

Gohan started turning SSJ again which bugged me in GT too xD.

But yeah weird illogical movie, the animation was eh, the fighting scenes imo weren't that great.

But overall it was a fun but a little cheesy.

"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 15, 2013 10:38 AM

Dec 2012
Vegeta exeeced Goku for a minute when Bils slap Bulma. Goku super saiyan god stop while fighting Bils which was great to see normal Goku got even stronger after he got SSG. So this was 7th universe from 12th universes Goku might meet another God. next time Goku and Vegeta might fusion super saiyan god mode that would be epic and twice as strong. Pan might go to super saiyan since shes a saiyan in the conan unlike GT where she never goes super saiyan. Great movie 9/10
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 15, 2013 10:40 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it way more than I expected :D

So much Nostalgia ^^

The comedy was top notch here XD

Loved Bills character. He's an awesome dude and hilarious too with his non annoying cocky attitude. Lol'd at his waking up scene (bombs as an alarm XD) And his love for food (Destroying Earth for Pudding XD)

Shenlon, Goku and Vegeta being polite to someone was something I never thought I'd see hahahaha XD And Vegeta dancing hahaha also saying My Bulma hahaha XDXDXD So Tsun lol.

SSJ God was nice and was nice seeing Goku not like it XD Fight was pretty damn epic too.

The movie ending without the defeat of the enemy was a nice touch. So it seems like Goku is the 3rd strongest guy in the universe. Would've liked seeing Whis fight too. Can't imagine him being stronger than Bills O_O

Mentioning 11 other universes and people stronger than Bills got me hyped for a few sequels :D I don't mind one bit :D

I wonder how Gogeta or Vegito would fare against him. I know SS4 Gogeta isn't canon but I bet he could kick Bills ass XD
Sep 15, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2012
So, did they fuck up GOhan again, like they always do? By far the strongest in the BUU saga, but yet in every movie they make him a SSJ and weak :(
Sep 15, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2011
Not bad. It was a pretty funny movie specially seeing Shenron being nervous around Bills. That ending sure was nostalgic.
Sep 15, 2013 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Smoofie said:
So, did they fuck up GOhan again, like they always do? By far the strongest in the BUU saga, but yet in every movie they make him a SSJ and weak :(
He was in mystic when he fought Bills in the movie.
KaiserNazrin said:
Bills is a great villain, I mean he want to destroy stuff like other villains in DBZ but he has more character. Not to mention being strong enough to own SSJ 3 Goku like a fodder. I wonder how he treat Freeza, sit on his big head?

So is Whis stronger than Bills?
Yes Whis is stronger than Bills because Whis is his sensei.

TehWhiteTiger said:
Ok that was interesting.....

So first off, this took place after Z. but Pilaf was in it with a reference to his wish in GT where he made Goku a kid, but instead he was a kid, not Goku. What was that about?
The movie takes place after Kid Buu's defeat but before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament where Goku met Uub. To me the movie helps explain why Pilaf and his gang are so old in GT. In the movie they are little kids because they wished for eternal youth but were turned into kids instead so I believe later on they wished to be older again but the dragon made them too old. This is just a theory however.
DrGeroCreationSep 15, 2013 7:43 PM
Sep 15, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit it was a fun movie and nice to know their are even more enemies in the future because of the revelation that there are 14 universes in total and the universe that goku and others where in is the 7th universe lol

i lol at goku declining the offer of whis for him to become the next god of destruction, i mean goku should have taken that chance to get more stronger and become a real god lol
Sep 16, 2013 3:33 AM

Jun 2008
That was better than I expected, It kinda felt like a Canon but a little like a filler at the same time, probable because It was short though. Also ending leaves an opening to more DBZ content, would be glad if new TV series was announced.
Sep 16, 2013 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
Liked it more than I thought I would, though I did have my issues with it.

Gohan going ssj wasn't an issue for me. It was never stated that Gohan couldn't go ssj; just that mystic is his max potential, so he'd waste energy to transform and get nothing from it. He didn't fight as ssj either, so rly wasn't an issue like some people are making it out to be.

An issue was Frieza still getting recognition. The guy is cannon fodder at this point. That being said, it's still nice to know where the humans stand (since there was a lot of debate to whether or not they ever surpassed Frieza or not). Pretty much Piccolo, Gohan, and transformed saiyans only to have reached that level of strength in the Z fighters.

Main issue was that Bills basically toyed with SSJ God; so it was a pretty pointless transformation in terms of this movie. Walked out of the battle w/o as much as a scratch on him at only 70% of his power; which by estimation would put Goku at 60% of Bills true power (max), but likely less than half.

The transformation method was also meh. I mean what's to stop them from going in a circle one day and granting all 6 of the saiyans ssj God.
Sep 16, 2013 5:40 AM

Mar 2013
I just saw the movie and it was great. A lot of comedy (Vegeta dancing and nervous Shenron xD ), great animation, super sayan god and DAT ENDING CREDITS !!!
Honestly, it was better than I expected and it brings back memories :D
8/10
Sep 16, 2013 6:04 AM

Apr 2012
So Pan(the unborn baby) saved the day and Super Saiyan God is like a SSJ4 Gogeta rip off? This movie felt like watching a long special though. Plus, it's a bit Juvenile compared to the previous movies.

This movie is still awesome though! So much nostalgia and Vegeta dancing and singing? Freaking awesome!
RedgraveGilverSep 16, 2013 6:08 AM
Sep 16, 2013 6:33 AM
Sep 2013
So bills own goku ssj3 own mystic gohan then vegeta make alot of hit on bills in ssj2 cuz get angry then goku ssj god get's a little owned again and then goku in normal form fight equal with bills.

wut???
Sep 16, 2013 10:40 AM
Nov 2009
The movie was alright but that ending almost gave me nostalgia tears :')
Sep 16, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Ill just take it as a DBZ parody. Just as I did with DBZ GT lol

Insert random "strongest in the universe"villian and you got yourself a movie. Insert 14 universes and you'll have yourself another series. I honestly hope not haha

Well, good to see the characters again at least.
Sep 16, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
This film was so bad, there isn't a badass vilian like Cooler(or metal one), Broly etc..., instead we have a purple Chiwawa and this isn't the worst. The worst is that Goku is arrogant and Vegeta relinquished his pride, how can this be Dragon Ball if the two main badass characters of all anime are completely changed.
This all in a 10 year gap. Wtf??? Bills tells in the end a huge cliffhanger that there is 12 more universes and that in each six of those there are two gods more powerful than him?
Seeing the credits I can only think that they wanted to make people hope for more sequels and to sell more manga.
Just like the guy above me said, I'll take this as a parody and be grateful that I saw the characters with recent animation for the last time.
Sep 16, 2013 3:38 PM

Apr 2012
Prosexema said:
So bills own goku ssj3 own mystic gohan then vegeta make alot of hit on bills in ssj2 cuz get angry then goku ssj god get's a little owned again and then goku in normal form fight equal with bills.

wut???

This is Dragon Ball. Don't bother using Logic in this series.
Sep 16, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2010
Didn't really get good till near the end, the fight scenes where awesome (as always), but other then that it was just okay. Too much CG imo.
Funny moments.
Goku's pink hair was weird, but I suppose they already used all other colors before. LOL
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 16, 2013 10:03 PM

Nov 2012
So is a good subgroup going to actually sub this?
Sep 16, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
Unit-01 said:

Taka is doing it - http://www.takafansubs.com/?p=news&id=232
Sep 16, 2013 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
j0x said:
Unit-01 said:

Taka is doing it - http://www.takafansubs.com/?p=news&id=232
Thanks!
Sep 17, 2013 12:13 AM

Jul 2012
just do dragon ball movies. this one is one chill movie and Bill sama was too OP
Cty Best mid
Sep 17, 2013 12:49 AM

Jul 2013
Vegeta was hella tsundere at the end when Goku told him "When Bulma got hit, you shouted; "My Bulma" and became great super saiyan"!
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Sep 17, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2013
The movie was a let down IMO. The first half is mostly just slice of life, forced humor, lame gags, and wasted screen time on characters I don't care about (Pilaf and his minions). The movie also couldn't decide if it wanted to be serious or just frivolous with regards to Bills threatening to destroy the earth. Seeing the once badass Vegeta act like a gigantic moron on stage was also incredibly jarring.

I get the impression that this movie tried to go back to the comical, easygoing tone that DB/Z had prior to the series' shift into darker and more action packed plot after Raditz appeared on the scene. However, it's far too late now for such drastic backpedaling. DB/Z is respected in the west primarily for its intense, high speed battles, and badassery, not its gags and comedy. So for me, this movie came across as contrived, anticlimactic, and a fundamental rejection of what makes DB/Z worth the time in the first place.

5/10.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 17, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2010
10/10 MASTERPIECE

new stuff coming in the future i guess
Sep 17, 2013 7:09 AM
Sep 2013
I don't feel that nostalgia i expect to feel.
I don't feel that enthusiasm like the series.
I don't feel like the time goes extremely fast.
I don't catch my self pray to not end so fast, like the series.

That ssj god seems like asspull as fuck and six pure-hearted Saiyans hold hands? wut??.
Shenron scared? Shenron don't fulfill a wish but give information?

Bills art is like shit Taopaipai looks cooler than him.
Sep 17, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2010
Prosexema said:

That ssj god seems like asspull as fuck and six pure-hearted Saiyans hold hands? wut??.

GTFO
Sep 17, 2013 8:45 AM
Dec 2008
Prosexema said:

wut???

Bills adresses that when Goku's trying to hold off his sun ball and says that Goku's body had absorbed the powers of SSJ God,so he didn't power down significantly even after the mode had become deactivated.
Sep 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
This was a decent movie, even though I really really dislike the Japanese voice actors in Dragonball Z.
The humour was funny in the beginning with Bill.
Also I never felt that Bill was a threat, just a bored God of Destruction who wanted a little fun.

All in all, despite the Japanese dub, I thought it was a decent movie, 8/8

* King Kai is going to be way more awesome in the English dub when he keeps bashing and shouting towards Goku :D

** I could see a future series coming up aswell, with the new animation that they have, and how well this movie turned out to be. (They mentioned 12 universes, with Bill not even being the strongest, as Whis is his teacher)
PrOxAntoSep 17, 2013 9:25 AM
Sep 17, 2013 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
Good film overall. I would have liked it more if the middle part was more fast paced.
Sep 17, 2013 11:10 AM
Sep 2013
Mayros said:
Prosexema said:

GTFO

Unfortunately people like you is the one's who let them release movies like this one. Cuz they know that even if the movie is bad you are gonna to watch and think that is good or (for god sake) masterpiece.
Good job boya keep it up
Sep 17, 2013 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
Prosexema said:
Mayros said:
Prosexema said:

GTFO

Unfortunately people like you is the one's who let them release movies like this one. Cuz they know that even if the movie is bad you are gonna to watch and think that is good or (for god sake) masterpiece.
Good job boya keep it up

You're both acting like kids. Why is it so hard to accept that people have different tastes/opinions about stuff?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Q&A: I don't understand some things...

waalex11 - Jun 26, 2015

3 by MrFanatic »»
Aug 27, 2021 12:42 AM

» Is Toriyama ignoring GT?

Wolf_Xll - Sep 15, 2013

36 by VaskoKasko »»
Apr 14, 2019 2:45 AM

» Did Vegeta become better, or worse character by the Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami movie? Since he first appeared, that is...

Kleferi - Mar 17, 2015

8 by Milennin »»
Jun 3, 2016 1:12 PM

» His name is Beerus.

ChairForceOne - Mar 9, 2015

5 by deg »»
Aug 15, 2015 12:13 AM

» Time for a new VA for Goku?

mechian - Nov 10, 2014

8 by IntroverTurtle »»
Mar 4, 2015 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.