Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 23, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2012
Valaskjalf said:
There's something I don't understand

now that Xenovia has become a Devil, how can she wield Durandal, a HOLY SWORD.

or am I missing something ?

It's just one of those irregular things after God died. It wasn't explained all that well but apparently her natural compatibility w/ Durandal still stands even after becoming a devil similar to how Kiba is able to make holy-demonic hybrid swords after receiving his past companions "holy sword element".
Oct 2, 2013 6:23 PM

May 2012
What a man does to sick some oppai :p Pretty nice episode and to see the white dragon appear was quite nice as well! Another member in their club as well which I personally didn't expect and same goes for that ending, who's that man anyway?

Either way lets see what's next!
Oct 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2010
The White Emperor with full armor is such a badass.
Oh, a new girl in the family lol.
nseika said:
Black--Swordsman said:
God is dead.
Someone has been trying to tell us that since 1882. :D

Indeed.
Oct 12, 2013 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
I hope Irina will join to Gremory's side too. :(

Oct 13, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
Epic espiode!!!
So i love how Issei act when someone is offending anyone from Gremory clan.He becomes very strong and protective of other people (especially girls) :D
I wasn't expecting to watch issei kicking ass of that angel!!He is very strong!!!
And Issei's motivation about biting Rias breast ahaahahha omg,it's the strongest motivation that i've seen in my entire life.
And now Xenovia is also a demon,that was a big surprise for me,now she will act good,not more a badass that she was before.I hope that Irina will also join them.
Btw the white dragon,wow,he is a strong badass.The fight between Issei and white dragon will be epic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 20, 2013 5:47 PM
Feb 2013
Issei: I can't win this fight, it is too hard.
Rias: If you win, I'll do anything you want.
Issei: Can I suck them?
Awkward moment of silence Rias: yes.
Issei: ULTIMATE POWER!!!

That is pretty much how the fight went if you ask me.
Oct 26, 2013 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
i cant stop thinking about this when he said God is Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bOJT_HtUI
Nov 26, 2013 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was the best episode of DxD so far.

Dec 17, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
that was pretty freaking epic,

specially when Kiba and Xen fought together.
Dec 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
Funny episode. He didnt get his dream. Also, how in the world did God and satan die?
Jan 15, 2014 4:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So much stuff happened. Xenovia became a demon and a knight, White Dragon appeared, Akeno is the daughter of the strongest fallen angel...oh and God is dead.

At the end though the most memorable is that Issei's lust for oppai makes him as overpowered as any shounen hero past or present.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 22, 2014 11:31 AM
May 2012
Yeah, so much stuff happened, and I was spoiled about half of them, fucking spoilers here in the forums. I decided to read them though ahahaha, so no big deal ^^
The only thing that surprised me because I wasn't spoiled about it was Akeno's father and the thing about GOD.
So, Akeno's father is a fallen angel, and Akeno is falling in love too with Issei (I knew that this would happen though, it's just obvious and given). Damn you Issei, lucky bastard!!!!
I have a feeling that GOD is still alive ahahaha.
I can't really blame Issei because I love oppais too!!!! Oppai will give you unimaginable power!!!
White Dragon looks really cool, really powerful too.
I really respect Kiba, he is awesome at the end.
My Xenovia now joins the harem :3 I like Xenovia.
Azazel reveals his identity at the end, that was badass.
Beach episode next, awwwyeahhh!!!!
Well, I guess it's time for me to sleep, school tomorrow =_=
Feb 25, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
Issei missed the chance to suck on his captain boobs,and also Xenovia becomes a devil.
Good episode.

Apr 22, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
What an intense ep .. 5/5
May 30, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2012
Remedy_S said:
Vali's look indeed looks like Haru's one from Accel World :o
lol
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jul 14, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2010
Vanishing Dragon? Why, hello here, Guyver III, we missed you. A lot.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jul 16, 2014 8:10 PM
Mar 2009
Epic plot twists here!

The pace of the story seems a lot faster in this series than the first, both in terms of characters undergoing major changes and the back-story being revealed.
Aug 6, 2014 5:21 AM

Dec 2013
i-just-love-XENOVIA !
Sep 5, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2014
Everytime this series wants to become serious Issei destroy it in a total badass pathetic way :)) Anyway Xenovia joins the harem :3 too bad Irina didn't. Also Azazel's identity was revealed.
Nov 6, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2013
That was a way to end things.
It's not like that information about God will bring something (for now), he's been dead for some time now, that revelation of Azazel may be the new plot, probably to ask for something?

What I laughed when Issei started fighting to suck Prez nipples.
Dec 15, 2014 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
So much new info in one episode, this series is amazing.

Lold so hard when Issei got so hyped to suck on Prez's breasts.
Mar 10, 2015 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
What a fight! Outstanding BGM as always.

Motohama and Matsuda singing the OP hahaha so hilarious. Next ep = full fan-service :O
Mar 18, 2015 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
The fact that an ecchi show can have me on the edge of my seat and give me the goddamn feels says a lot about how amazing this series truly is~ At the beginning of S1, I didn't have high hopes for DxD, and I even put it on hold. I am so freaking happy I picked it back up again: not only is the fanservice some of the best that I have seen, but the characters get great development and I feel like I actually know them, I've grown so attached!
Mar 21, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhhh, twist ending! It was obvious that he was an important character, but I didn't thought he would be the leader of the enemy faction, Azazel. That make me believe that the White Dragon is that guy who was with him, the last time we saw him.

Xenovia really is an odd one... x)
I didn't expected her to be this airhead.
Akeno ''Issei harem membership'' confirmed. It was a matter of time, I guess. A matter of time for Xenovia and Koneko-chan too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kiba and Issei also started a bromance too. Go get your membership too, Kiba! :D

Well, I guess Nietzsche ''God is dead'' is to be taken literally now. They literally killed God, that's hardcore. That can explain the misbehaviors from the priests and their leaders. I can't believe the rapist priest also managed to survive, gosh...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 28, 2015 7:40 PM
Feb 2015
:o rias got a second knight. Another person to the harem??

Next episode looks promising xD
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 31, 2015 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
Three Sword Style, Oni Giri.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Apr 20, 2015 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
Xenoviaaaaaaaaa! Awesome that she joined.
Sep 20, 2015 1:28 PM

Feb 2013
Stolen thunder again, this time Issei.

This anime needs more Kiryuu.
Apr 24, 2016 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
AAAH What Fight!! Such Power of the thought of wanting to sucking ria's Boobies!! Still dying of laugher 😂 Epic!! Season 2,n 3 sure are the best one's Awesome storyline and fighting scenes 😍

Xenovia sure as stupidly love and start praice god/lord and even after becoming a demon as asia :P xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 24, 2016 8:47 AM

Sep 2010
Dead_By_Heart said:
Xenovia sure as stupidly love and start praice god/lord and even after becoming a demon as asia
Goei said:
Don't they say, "The stupider they are – the cuter they are"?
(c) Ikkitousen, 1Oth Episode, O4:42.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Apr 24, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2016
kitsune0 said:
Dead_By_Heart said:
Xenovia sure as stupidly love and start praice god/lord and even after becoming a demon as asia
Goei said:
Don't they say, "The stupider they are – the cuter they are"?
(c) Ikkitousen, 1Oth Episode, O4:42.

Sure thing :P Can agree on that. but she's just has some unexerience as you can se later on ^^ xD

But same goes to does who are crazy. just look at Yuno xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 14, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2010
Dead_By_Heart said:
but she's just has some unexerience as you can se later on
Ah, I finally realized who she reminds me of - Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario to Vampire fame. The same mix of coldness (both are kuudere) and silliness with honesty. They both may seem perverted while they aren't, they just knew what they want and intended to get it right here & now, not bothering what others may think of them.

Nov 6, 2016 1:12 AM
Dec 2015
The action and intense vibe were amazing until Issei broke because he heard the word Harem and broke the intense vibe. WHY!?!?! There was no need to do that. It breaks the intensity of the situation. And then the reason for his power to get at its highest. I know its High School DxD but come on. The vibe before was perfect and then that scene happens and just took away from the fight. The revelation that God also died. Interesting as well as the thought of where the story will go from here.

o_o The appearance of the White Dragon Emperor was unexpected yet awesome. I love his attitude and sarcastic way of fighting. His ability is awesome as well. The design of the full power form, (not sure if thats right. First time watching), reminds me of the look of a Gundam fused with a Nightmare from Code Geass.

Kiba's power up was wasted. Not only did he not get to kill that scientist but he did next to no damage to the fallen angel leader. Missed opportunities.

A new a new women joins the harem/club. This should be good. But that bittersweet talk with Irina is a downer. Too bad she didn't join but she did have a lot of faith plus she didn't receive that judgement from the hypocrites so there is that as well. Lots to say about this awesome episode
Jan 15, 2018 5:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
God is DIE!!! horrible notice for Asia and Xenovia!!!
Well, a new member in the "club", Xenovia!!! kekeke

Wow, the man in truth is Azazel!! O_O
Aug 8, 2019 4:55 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, Xenovia joined the Gremory squad.

Pretty good conclusion to this arc and damn, one hell of a motivation for Issei during the battle. Too bad that he didn't fulfill the condition xD

Post ending segment was 👌🏻 Also dat Azazel reveal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2020 7:28 AM

Feb 2018
What do you like from Xenovia? I think Akeno is the best in here.
Apr 26, 2020 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
Xenovia is a great new addition to the team, the harem has expanded. Show me your breasts and suck the dick xenovia.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2020
I thought the whole point of God is that he can't die...

But let's be honest, it doesn't matter how much they screw up the plot, because that's not the reason people watch this anime. We came for the breasts and that's about it. B)
Oct 9, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2020
That was a sweet moment with Yuto.

And yayy, xenovia :)

I can't wait to see more of her in the future

Aug 29, 2022 7:03 AM
Apr 2021
Nice akeno outfit :)
Jun 13, 2023 6:29 PM
Feb 2022
Dios está muerto. Akeno ahora ama a Issei también. Apareció Azazel. Y Xenovia ahora es parte de la familia Gremory. Excelente episodio. 10/10
Sep 19, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2022
Albion stole the show here. Defeats Kokabiel without breaking a sweat, and then reveals that the ability of the White Dragon is leagues better than that of the Red Dragon in every conceivable aspect. This guy is an undefeatable badass.

The reveal of "God" having died in the war isn't too much of a surprise, since "God" in Japanese fiction is often just a regular being with immense power and status, rather than the omnipotent primordial deity that created existence.

Don't think Xenovia should've been allowed to join the club, as she thought nothing of killing Asia and the rest unprovoked just a few episodes ago, and only temporarily sided with them after that to improve her odds against the Fallen Angels. Not that much different from Raynare, who was thrown the book in comparison, despite begging to be spared.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 20, 2023 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Archean-Return
Albion stole the show here. Defeats Kokabiel without breaking a sweat, and then reveals that the ability of the White Dragon is leagues better than that of the Red Dragon in every conceivable aspect. This guy is an undefeatable badass.

The reveal of "God" having died in the war isn't too much of a surprise, since "God" in Japanese fiction is often just a regular being with immense power and status, rather than the omnipotent primordial deity that created existence.

Don't think Xenovia should've been allowed to join the club, as she thought nothing of killing Asia and the rest unprovoked just a few episodes ago, and only temporarily sided with them after that to improve her odds against the Fallen Angels. Not that much different from Raynare, who was thrown the book in comparison, despite begging to be spared.
Not really. White is a lonely egoist while Red is a team player. Go figure how long that "undefeatable" will last... ;-)

Again, not really. Xenovia is just a simpleton, really, and thus easily influenced. And again, not quite - she would have killed our heroes neither for selfish reason nor out of evil intent, she would do that following her ideals (however wrong they might be). Unlike Raynare, who obviously enjoyed doing dirty work.
Anyway, Xenovia is quite a comedic character, as you will see. XD

Sep 20, 2023 11:38 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to kitsune0
Not really. White is a lonely egoist while Red is a team player. Go figure how long that "undefeatable" will last... ;-)

Again, not really. Xenovia is just a simpleton, really, and thus easily influenced. And again, not quite - she would have killed our heroes neither for selfish reason nor out of evil intent, she would do that following her ideals (however wrong they might be). Unlike Raynare, who obviously enjoyed doing dirty work.
Anyway, Xenovia is quite a comedic character, as you will see. XD
Issei's boosts only power him up in small and insubstantial increments, reset very quickly, and don't seem to make much of a difference when gifted to the others anyway. Meanwhile, Divine Dividing actually gets more powerful the stronger the opponent is. On a conceptual level, Divine Dividing counters Boosted Gear. Granted, I'm only up to Season 2 currently, but the power gap here is so immense that Issei would need to get a torrent of significant upgrades in a short period of time to close it. If that happens in future seasons or the LN, then it happens.

Raynare was also following her ideas. She targetted Asia and Issei to the perceived benefit of the Fallen Angel faction, much like Xenovia did with the church. She was more openly sadistic about her plans, but it's likely she would've done the same without that enthusiasm, so long as she believed it served her cause.
Archean-ReturnSep 20, 2023 11:50 AM

Shaded Horizon

Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Archean-Return
Issei's boosts only power him up in small and insubstantial increments, reset very quickly, and don't seem to make much of a difference when gifted to the others anyway. Meanwhile, Divine Dividing actually gets more powerful the stronger the opponent is. On a conceptual level, Divine Dividing counters Boosted Gear. Granted, I'm only up to Season 2 currently, but the power gap here is so immense that Issei would need to get a torrent of significant upgrades in a short period of time to close it. If that happens in future seasons or the LN, then it happens.

Raynare was also following her ideas. She targetted Asia and Issei to the perceived benefit of the Fallen Angel faction, much like Xenovia did with the church. She was more openly sadistic about her plans, but it's likely she would've done the same without that enthusiasm, so long as she believed it served her cause.
Oh, you'll see it. XD Right in that very season, not some far future. And no, Issei won't get that much of upgrades before that.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.