Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode, I still miss Hambert ;.;

And truth comes out this episode. Nice to know. I haven't read the LN yet so this was fresh to me. Scar ;o. Loved the OST. Two new characters at the end there as well.
Aug 10, 2013 10:36 AM
Dec 2012
The art was really impressive again. Ai was nosey, but glad that girl handled it. Wonder what if she looks into a mirror. Intriguing development in the end. Next ep seems lighthearted.
Aug 10, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Such a bewildering ending...

Other than that, great ep as usual. The truth got revealed, and Ulla accepted it. Also, I'd assume コロシオハケ is a sub-species, much like what grave keepers are

Looks like next ep will be school? Hope this anime doesn't go down the slice-of-life arc...
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Aug 10, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2007
That "princess" (Komatsu-san) is alive with power to make people into dead. She somehow knows about the truth. The Lion mask guy was alive that made dead by her. Kakkii's character was ordered to hide the truth her but he protects him because he loves her. The baby that Scar "heard" is actually the sister of the "princesS" that never woke up. Scar woke her up and made her her daughter.

Looks like ep.13 will be unaired?

School life next ep.? Seems like the purple hair girl and Kimura-san's character without lion mask are there, too??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2013 6:39 PM

May 2012
00:03 ran rori ran

01:29 so she's the killer, Shinimegami

10:19 Kiriko should bang her before she turned into a baabaa.

11:45 Oh, beautiful landscape~

17:02 dat soundtrack...

19:57 DAT soundtrack <3

22:32 Sukaachan, i'll be your ko's chichi =D

Great episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 10, 2013 6:40 PM
Aug 2013
As always, the visuals are amazing.

Ulla half-knew it all along, she didn't want to hurt the people around her just like Kiriko didn't want to hurt her.That was very nice of her.

I saw a lot of French language on screen compared to the last episode. Anyone want to comment on how good is the language used?

The ending is one I didn't expect but I realize had to be there because of Scar's unresolved plot. :) But wow! 5/5
Aug 10, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
The hug was adorable between the three of them. It was funny when Julie tried to explain to Ai, wonder if he will become a father figure to Celica. Alis Color and Dee seems interesting. And somehow he know Ai's name. I am looking forward to the next arc.
Aug 10, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2013
Scar has a daughter now :)
Aug 10, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2012
I have mixed feelings about the episode, came out of it more confused than anything... Especially regarding the reveal of Ulla's sister/Scar's daughter

Will probably have to rewatch it
Aug 10, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2013
I guest this is the end of the second arc. that was fast next episode will have fan service i guest
Aug 10, 2013 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
Wtf she got a daughter just like that.
Aug 10, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2011
I'm gonna have to do a little more research on this anime. Been able to follow everything up until now, but this episode sorta has me at a loss. Perhaps my attention to detail is lacking a bit. Still, very nice episode.
Aug 10, 2013 7:46 PM

Feb 2009
After all that I still think that Ulla is a mass murderer, called it how I see it.
Aug 10, 2013 8:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MaxCrazy7 said:
After all that I still think that Ulla is a mass murderer, called it how I see it.

That has a quite different meaning in a world without God anyway. It's not like she truly wanted that ability. Also, she provides an alternative and a choice to the people. They chose to die.

This arc was SIGNIFICANTLY better than the first one. Quite amazing one actually. Bumping the score.

I see some of you are quite confused? What are you confused at?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2013 8:17 PM

Aug 2011
wait what? her daughter? how?
Aug 10, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
What an emotional episode, we finally get to see the princess' face and Scar has a daughter now? Doujin of those two when? Masked guy comes back and we get to see his face also.

Dayum Kirito, getting sandwiched inbetween 2 girls, reminds me of another Kirito that drowns in pussy
Aug 10, 2013 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
piperz said:

Here's my opinion but I don't know how the LN explains it. Remember that God was full tsundere when it abandoned the humanity and sometimes, it grants a wish for some people. Their mother hate humanity, Ulla obtains her power from their mother's wish but Celica didn't want her as her mother and remains like a child until she finds someone who can fills the mother role as her wish. Then God pulled some strings and Scar woke her maternal instincts to fill that role (that's why she has false pregnancy) and finally, grants Celica's wish.

BTW, sorry for my English =___D
Aug 10, 2013 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Great..now Scar is a MILF..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Aug 10, 2013 9:34 PM

May 2011
wakka9ca said:

Ah, guess I was being a bit vague with my comment. What I meant by that was how the baby at the end could belong to Scar. But it does seem like Raghe has an idea.

Raghe said:
piperz said:

Here's my opinion but I don't know how the LN explains it. Remember that God was full tsundere when it abandoned the humanity and sometimes, it grants a wish for some people. Their mother hate humanity, Ulla obtains her power from their mother's wish but Celica didn't want her as her mother and remains like a child until she finds someone who can fills the mother role as her wish. Then God pulled some strings and Scar woke her maternal instincts to fill that role (that's why she has false pregnancy) and finally, grants Celica's wish.

I can't say I'm entirely convinced that God was behind Scar's desire to have a baby. Assuming that God has abandoned the world, it wouldn't seem sensible for Scar to have been directly influenced by him. I'd be more willing to accept that the baby was the one to call out to Scar. As for the reason behind choosing Scar, I can only do so much as speculate. Unless the anime has some other detail that I've completely overlooked, it would seem that Scar was chosen because she was the only living person available. Considering how everyone else that occupies the city is either dead or about to die, how the baby would likely prefer a living mother, and how most living beings would stay away from Ortus, it would make sense for Scar to have the highest compatibility as a mother. I'm still not entirely content with my hypothesis, but I can't really say I have a better idea on how the scenario works.
Aug 10, 2013 10:09 PM
Nov 2010
*sigh* Scar looked so cute and happy holding Celica. >.<
Aug 10, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
The art is splendid, so many great shots of Ortus. Mini Ulla is adorable. I feel this episode did a great job at challenging whether or not the truth should always be known. I also like how there's different perspectives on the idea of the status of the dead being presented as well, first with Ai's father seeing it as bad and now Ulla and Ortus viewing it as a release from conflicts and suffering.
Aug 10, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
Scar's Daughter? SO does it mean that the baby is a gravekeeper too? If I'm right, that makes sense since the witch/real mother's wish was "Die, Humans." One of her daughter is the Idol of Murder and the other one is a Gravekeeper.

Hmm. Interesting.
pew pew pew
Aug 10, 2013 11:02 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode to end this arc. I loved the fact that Ulla accepted her role and embraced it instead of going full emo. The Scar thing was weird, but maybe the story'll tie some loose ends in later.
Aug 10, 2013 11:04 PM

Apr 2013
Congrats to the party for having a new member. Yuri is slowly rebuilding himself as a father again.
I was hoping for Kirika and Ulla to join them, oh well.
Aug 10, 2013 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
Scar now has a daughter, well that just weirded me out o.O But this was a nice episode, I like that three way hug with Ulla, Kirito, and Ai. I'm glad things turned out alright, now we get to see Ai go to school next week, with some fan service involved as well :)
Aug 10, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2012
wow well that was quite interesting and intriguing, especially the last part !!
Aug 11, 2013 12:01 AM
Jan 2013
They have to address the divide between the "living" and "dead" soon. They keep using those words with their implied meanings that only matter in our universe, but those meanings have zilch to do in their universe. How can they consider a "dead" person, in Ortus, dead? For all intents and purposes, those "dead" are immortal without a hitch.
Aug 11, 2013 12:10 AM

Feb 2013
eminagnam said:
The art was really impressive again. Ai was nosey, but glad that girl handled it. Wonder what if she looks into a mirror. Intriguing development in the end. Next ep seems lighthearted.

If it affected her she couldn't touch herself or hear herself not sure about the hearing thing
Aug 11, 2013 12:17 AM

Feb 2013
tuiddlestix said:
They have to address the divide between the "living" and "dead" soon. They keep using those words with their implied meanings that only matter in our universe, but those meanings have zilch to do in their universe. How can they consider a "dead" person, in Ortus, dead? For all intents and purposes, those "dead" are immortal without a hitch.

Hun that seems to be the whole point of the show

which would mean not addressing yet would be smarter

This show is pretty unpredictable so who knows.
Aug 11, 2013 12:22 AM
Jan 2013
PoisonedTea said:
Hun that seems to be the whole point of the show

which would mean not addressing yet would be smarter

I can understand that if I was just talking about the MC (She'd have the excuse of naivete), but 15 years and that didn't cross any of the adults' minds? I mean, this isn't some big epiphany.
tuiddlestixAug 11, 2013 12:48 AM
Aug 11, 2013 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
OMG Scar :O
Aug 11, 2013 12:46 AM

Oct 2012
Aww...what a nice episode ;) I loved the part where Ai and the princess had a sandwich hug with Kiriko.

At the end when Scar became a mom I was like O_O how did that happen?
Anyways, as always, I loved the OST that played during this episode and there were also a lot feels. Looking forward to the next episode

Aug 11, 2013 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. But the ending part is confusing :S
Aug 11, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
kenshin_sama said:
wakka9ca said:

Ah, guess I was being a bit vague with my comment. What I meant by that was how the baby at the end could belong to Scar. But it does seem like Raghe has an idea.

Raghe said:
piperz said:

I can't say I'm entirely convinced that God was behind Scar's desire to have a baby. Assuming that God has abandoned the world, it wouldn't seem sensible for Scar to have been directly influenced by him. I'd be more willing to accept that the baby was the one to call out to Scar. As for the reason behind choosing Scar, I can only do so much as speculate. Unless the anime has some other detail that I've completely overlooked, it would seem that Scar was chosen because she was the only living person available. Considering how everyone else that occupies the city is either dead or about to die, how the baby would likely prefer a living mother, and how most living beings would stay away from Ortus, it would make sense for Scar to have the highest compatibility as a mother. I'm still not entirely content with my hypothesis, but I can't really say I have a better idea on how the scenario works.

+1 to this.

Though I don't understand Scar's reaction to the baby, "This is my daughter". Does that mean she always had the desire to have a child? Or was she just accepting the choice of Celica?

I love how this anime has good focus on father/mother figures.
Aug 11, 2013 1:50 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode but a couple things felt weird.
One, how Ai was allowed to tell the princess the truth with no resistance from anyone in the village. Even after the whole speech Kiriko gave.
Two, it was strange for Scar to claim the baby as hers and drive away. She was frozen in time for so long, it felt too convenient for her to unfreeze her just with her touch. Is it because she is a grave keeper?
Aug 11, 2013 1:58 AM
Jan 2013
RediceRyan said:
Good episode but a couple things felt weird.
One, how Ai was allowed to tell the princess the truth with no resistance from anyone in the village. Even after the whole speech Kiriko gave.
Two, it was strange for Scar to claim the baby as hers and drive away. She was frozen in time for so long, it felt too convenient for her to unfreeze her just with her touch. Is it because she is a grave keeper?

1. I'm really reaching here, but the half-and-half people wanted to tell. They didn't want to do it themselves, so when the opportunity presented itself, they shuttled Ai right along. The want to not oppose Ai must have bled into Kiriko.

2. This show has everything to do with wishes. Scar really wanted a baby: Don't forget that she had that "false pregnancy" diagnosis. The mother of the twins' wish may have something do with it, but I don't think that would be necessary.
tuiddlestixAug 11, 2013 2:03 AM
Aug 11, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
Another beautiful episode. Really loving this show ^^

Ulla is really nice. The three way hug was cute :)

Yuri is already starting to activate his Husband/daddy mode XD...Didn't expect them to continue the journey with a baby though. That's pretty unique for adventure anime, having a baby along hehe.

Nxt up school setting? Hope it's good. And we have those 2 new characters in the OP, they seem interesting.
Aug 11, 2013 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode, the art was just so beautiful. Quite surprising how the French was perfect.
Aug 11, 2013 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
So she just accepts that "killing is ok if they are happy" instead of, I don't know, maybe thinking that killing people should not be actually be a pre-requisite to join Ortus?

Also, dat confusing baby. At first, I thought the baby was "dead" so that's why it would not grow up and seek a gravekeeper to give him rest, but that whole "hey this thing is now my baby and is alive" really fucked up that nice theory.
Aug 11, 2013 3:04 AM

Dec 2011
I'm still confused about the Scar and baby thing.....
Aug 11, 2013 3:14 AM
Apr 2013
eminagnam said:

The world would end.
Aug 11, 2013 3:54 AM

Oct 2012
That ending was weird. Scar just got a daughter like that, though I guess that is just how the world works in this series. Pretty good episode though, the OST and art were really impressive.

Ai goes to school next episode? Sounds interesting, I guess.
Aug 11, 2013 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
Gosh, this anime is a pleasant surprise. At first I was watching it to kill time but now it's kinda grown on me. Two heartwarming 3 episode arcs in a row. Had a hunch that princess always knew something was weird with her. I mean, the fact you kill on sight, voice, and touch, while having to not 'kill' someone that doesn't want or need it is awfully strange if in the context that being dead is good and being alive is bad.

Started a little rough but I can't help but forgive the first two episodes after the third one wrapped up what happened nicely.

What's next, an academy? Ghosts? I'm thinking of reading the LN down the road if it gets translated further.
Aug 11, 2013 5:37 AM
Jul 2011
So, what I got from this arc is that being dead has no downsides and humpnie hambert just killed a whole bunch of people for no reason.... -_-

And how come Yuri didn't bring his daughter to Ortus after she died if Ortus is so fcking awesome?
Aug 11, 2013 5:47 AM
May 2013
KanPaTo said:
So, what I got from this arc is that being dead has no downsides and humpnie hambert just killed a whole bunch of people for no reason.... -_-

And how come Yuri didn't bring his daughter to Ortus after she died if Ortus is so fcking awesome?

yuri never said that he find ortus awesome, it should be clear that he despites that place, if you watched the episode 4.
Aug 11, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2010
Kiriko's feelings about Ulla are confirmed now. Ulla's life is so sad. She has been decieved until now but it was still for her good. I kinda had a feeling she already knows something about it. She is such a nice girl. The hug scene was so cute. That heartwarming scene near the end... This anime gives you so many feels... So is Kiriko x Ulla already canon? Great if so. Finally my OTP interactions start next episode i.e. Alis x Ai.
Aug 11, 2013 6:08 AM
Jan 2012
That was a good episode. I think that maybe the reason why Scar was chosen was because she was a GraveKeeper, since every single other GraveKeeper that aproaches Ortus are killed anyway.
Also, wild theory here but maybe:
Aug 11, 2013 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
the first scene was quite beautiful - how ulla slowly got undressed, opened her eyes, stared at the people with kind of a crazy look and how the people dopped dead with these blood splatters around them.

"what if the people around ulla lied to her? what if she thinks the dead are actually the living?" whoa, ai. i haven't even thought so far.

oh, kiriko. his confession that he really loved ulla was so cute. i want these two be be happily together ;__; the end gave me hope for that!

ulla's older sister? and scar's daughter? wait. does that mean scar was/is ulla's mother? okay, no, apparently not. so scar is more like "the new mother" for that baby? hmm. what am i supposed to think about that...
i like these two theories/thoughts:
kenshin_sama said:
Raghe said:
piperz said:

Aug 11, 2013 6:59 AM

Feb 2011
Aug 11, 2013 7:43 AM
Jul 2013
Loved this episode <3
I was waiting for the next episode for the red haired dude to be introduced ;3
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRY UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP SUDAYS!
(Ironic for us, name is A sunday without god and we watch this on a sunday :3 just noticed)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.