Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2009 1:12 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Finally a decent episode even though the Setsuna/Graham fight was stupid and over hyped.

4/5
TechnicsMKIIJan 28, 2009 6:38 AM
Jan 25, 2009 2:22 AM

Oct 2008
episode sucks. lame. but saji is piloting next week so it's a win. and the super sentai is complete. white, green, red, blue, orange, wtf purple?
Jan 25, 2009 4:39 AM

Jul 2007
Great non-action episode, centering more on non-meister characters.

Loved seeing Tierens again and the whole coup storyline was great.
Jan 25, 2009 5:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wonderful episode.

Very ironic that Sergei's son and Louise are trying to maintain "peace" by working for A-Laws. Yeah, sure, peace at what price? This kind of peace using terror and deceit is as good as garbage.

And now no one can say the Federation's government is doing the right thing. I mean, that news cover-up was too much for me. That is very despicable thing to do.

Mr. Bushido is really insulting to bushido itself. Bushido is not self-satisfaction and self-glory but part of it is to protect others. Graham is just a self-centered bastard, as much as Ali. Doesn't deserve to be called a samurai.

Louise and Sergei's son should really start to question their government's doing....Hopefully GN Particles-induced psychic state will be a viable medium to completely reveal the truth to all humans on Earth by the end of the episode (thus explaining the ending song)

And yes, 2ch fellows predict Setsuna losing an arm. The wound looks really bad so it might really happen.

And yes, the Federation is planning to kill tens of thousands of civilians with memento mori because they've seen the truth (and to wipe out the rebels) If one here still sides with them now, they must be insane...
wakka9caJan 25, 2009 5:23 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 25, 2009 7:36 PM
Sep 2007
graham is a douche. luckily hes fate is nothing good at the season end anyway. the bushido thing was already miserably Fail since he got introduced as mr. bushido.
sergei is dumb. and the little missy,..idk what to say about her... .... ........

but seems like theyre gonna have another big fight against the memento mori station next time?
its almost time for people to realise a-laws is not law abiding at eps.17-18 ... then a few eps to set up the big showdown, and its gghaxwthbbqgundam pewpew
Jan 25, 2009 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
If a little slow that was a fantastic episode! At last the tower fall we've all been waiting for is coming. The Federation and A-LAWS never cease to amaze me with just how rotten they are, and how little respect they hold for anything around them. Though, Setsuna's words at the end of the episode trouble me a bit. That plus another Memento Mori really is making me feel a touch uncomfortable about the remainder of the season.

Also, exactly how can Setsuna lose his arm? I mean, they have regenerative therapy/surgery don't they? I mean, the only reason it didn't work on Louise was the red GN particles. I mean, how do you explain that? The bullet had fake GN particles in it?

Anyway, can't wait for next week. Looks like Soma is piloting, and that can only mean GN-Archer :D and live Papa Bear, live :(

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 25, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2007
Bakayaro said:

Also, exactly how can Setsuna lose his arm? I mean, they have regenerative therapy/surgery don't they? I mean, the only reason it didn't work on Louise was the red GN particles. I mean, how do you explain that? The bullet had fake GN particles in it?

When Ali shot Setsuna, there were some red particles flying out of his gun, which meant the bullet was most likely laced with the fake GN particles.

It was a great episode. Once again showing how cruel and evil A-LAWS and the top brass of the government can be. Wasting a whole tower and the lives of thousands of innocents just to cover up their deeds.
Jan 25, 2009 8:50 PM

Nov 2007
Graham is so out of character from last season and a lot of the others. they might manipulate information to the public but not everyone in A-LAWS should agree with this. kind of a boring episode. shrug.
Jan 25, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2008
Oh noes the death star is back someone get the Ewoks so that we can stop Darth Louise and her friends from destroying the planet!
Jan 25, 2009 9:34 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
Bakayaro said:

When Ali shot Setsuna, there were some red particles flying out of his gun, which meant the bullet was most likely laced with the fake GN particles.

I must have missed that. I'll have to go back now :s

Thankya

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 25, 2009 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
It seems that there's going to be lots of action next episode. I'm guessing that Marie is going to pilot the GN Archer, and dock up with Arios. While Saji does the same with GN Raizer.
Jan 25, 2009 9:58 PM
Apr 2008
Another Memento Mori o.O;; upcoming battle will be epic.
Jan 25, 2009 10:23 PM

Oct 2007
I'm really getting sick of Graham (and Ali Saachez) showing up for a quick battle with Setsuna and then hightailiing it out of there after 2 minutes without winning or losing. I mean, it's fine once or twice, but that's ALL THEY DO. Will someone please kill them, or at least let them have their strange ero-gundam fantasy once, so they can stop stalking Setsuna. If this was all they were going to do, Sunrise should've left them dead from last season.

Otherwise, the episode was ok, a lot of setup. Hopefully it pays off next week. I like Hercules, too bad it seems like he's going to be kaputnik by next episode. I'm gonna predict he kicks out Smirnov so he can spread the truth about what really happened.

Everytime I hear the ED, I'm struck by how good and fitting it is. I liked it at first, and it's continued to grow and grow on me. I must've watched/listened to it like 25 times over the past week. Conversely, I can't get into the OP at all. The song is ok, but it doesn't fit the show.
Jan 25, 2009 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
This episode actually made me mad.

Do you really think that telling people that their world is shit because of a super military group is really gonna cause a huge difference? Sure you can create battle moral and relive every single revolution out there, but seriously THE FEDERATION SUPPORTS A-LAWS. One thing that I've learn about military dictatorships is that the military still has the finest weaponry along with better trained soldiers and seeing how their weapons are mechs that they only have outdated non-gn mechs to fight, the Federation/A-laws would still win especially since they could have more death rays. it would be nice if the people started supporting the anitgovernments, but if you polish a turd it's still a turd. Katharon had to rely on the gundams for the entire second season so far proving that they really can't do much and if having 5 uber suits levels the battle field then what really separates this universe from Cosmic Era?

Another thing is that gundam has had a lot of extremists in the series' and I must say that hank hercules has the most twisted and dumbest idea. Char/Zechs actually had a somewhat logical idea that people must directly experience pain/war for people to end it though dropping colonies did make them extreme. In my opinion the only person that had a good idea in 00 was Aeolia/Ribbons. Let's have have a group of kids scream their simple/general view of war and justice and show how naive they are and then make everyone hate them and have our local military look awesome when they get rid of them.

And what's with all of these make graham look cool, but make his fight seemed handicapped moments?

Even though I was bashing this ep a lot, it seems like it is gonna create a lot of suspense for the up coming episodes.

Jan 25, 2009 11:57 PM

Aug 2007
Great setup episode! Even though a lot of people will hate such a 'boring' episode, I for one love it when an anime takes the time to explain things rather than just jumping right into the action. I'm not a big fan of how they are painting A-LAWS as some evil organization while the 'rebel' forces are the defenders of all things good. Just something about having everything in shades of gray rather than black and white. Well whatever, lots of action next episode! Stuff will light up I tell you!
Jan 26, 2009 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
the subs didn't help. still an interesting episode though.
Jan 26, 2009 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
That was a horrible Trans-am vs Trans-Graham battle D: it lasted like 10 seconds then the others came ><, equivalent of next to no story progression apart from federations image and information tweaking.
Jan 26, 2009 1:37 AM

Jan 2008
Good directing and interesting setup for another type of drop: Elevator drop :F 4.5/5
As others, mentioned trns-am battle was too short.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 26, 2009 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
i just can't wait for saji and marie to wear the helm.
Jan 26, 2009 6:18 AM

Dec 2008
Frito said:
Marie is understandable, but why Saji?

Jan 26, 2009 6:21 AM

May 2008
An unexpectedly nice episode

I think it was pretty obvious that they were letting all their enemies gather in one place and then taking them down.

I can't help but sympathizing with Hercules ideals, it was so true what he said
Jan 26, 2009 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
Soulstrider said:
An unexpectedly nice episode

I think it was pretty obvious that they were letting all their enemies gather in one place and then taking them down.

I can't help but sympathizing with Hercules ideals, it was so true what he said
But there are better ways of doing it. That was just plain terrorism.

Jan 26, 2009 7:06 AM

Dec 2008
bahh ,sometimes I really hate this show

Who needs Graham cockroach and his lame quest appearances,its stupid

Lol and theres a second death star gun

On the other hand I still watch it.

I think CB only needs cooler pilots.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
It's mostly development, but a decent episode. The buildup for future episodes is nicely done, but I hope that the episodes that come after this will be great (especially after all the setting up done this episode).

The 00 vs Masurao battle was way too short too. Didn't like it that much.

And yet another Death Star Memento Mori. I'm interested to see how they'll take it out.
Jan 26, 2009 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
Epic episode! Especially Masurao Vs 00 fight. It had that episode 25 feeling all over again.

I'm looking forawrd to next week's episode even more ;)
Jan 26, 2009 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
I've been expecting an elevator drop since season 1, now to see if someone can actually pull it off. A bit surprised in the method though, I was expecting some architecture hax like in Geass, not another super-weapon, but it's all cool.

Fully expecting Sergei to die next episode, unfortunately.
Jan 26, 2009 8:48 AM

Dec 2008
Mhh

should the elevator crash on the enemy forces,or should the death star only fire on the units?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 11:05 AM
Jun 2007
Its a shame that a great character like Hercules is nothing more than a mere plot device for the show. when all the show has are tons of cannon fodder characters that get no real development, we get one that has a great concept behind him, and he'll probably last no more than this story arc, at best. pretty pathetic.

speaking of pathetic, Graham, yeah, that description fits him perfectly. He was one of my favorite characters in S1 and was one of the aspects of S2 that I looked forward to the most. now, well, he's degraded himself to a piece of filth that simply equals a stalker. it looks like the writers took Gauron from FMP!, split him into two pieces (Ali and Graham), only this time around, the finished product are both cheap China-town quality rip-offs.

next episode will be something to look forward to, not because of the supposed "ZOMFG EPIC BATTLEZ!!! PEW PEW!", but how the tools at A-LAWS will react to the planned destruction of the orbital tower.
Jan 26, 2009 11:11 AM

Sep 2007
i like the whole coup d' état thing, but why want a-laws to crash the elevator ... it's a own damage for them self (federation)
the fight 00 vs. masurao was really short... Setsuna wants to change now ... does the same thing like SEED now happen, I don't want to kill, I don't want to fight ...?
I don't hope so ...
Jan 26, 2009 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
So they're gonna use Memento Mori number 2 to shoot the space elevator? That's... well... how does that work in physics? Wouldn't it fly off into space? I believe centrifugal forces will take care of that. Plus I really don't think wind has much impact on that. The elevator is more in space than in the atmosphere, since the atmosphere is only about 100km high. How high is that thing to be honest?

Anyway, next episode looks very interesting.
Jan 26, 2009 2:31 PM
Dec 2007
One of the best episodes of the season, it almost felt like LOGH, with less complexity in the plot obviously. From the part with Graham vs Setsuna and onward it becomes less interesting however (this fight was a real letdown !). That's exactly what the seires should be, but of course, since most fans of 00 are too young/prefer action mecha shows, they tend to dislike well-refined plots, realistic settings and subtle character development, no wonder it's not working.

Zehel00 said:
Do you really think that telling people that their world is shit because of a super military group is really gonna cause a huge difference? Sure you can create battle moral and relive every single revolution out there, but seriously THE FEDERATION SUPPORTS A-LAWS. One thing that I've learn about military dictatorships is that the military still has the finest weaponry along with better trained soldiers and seeing how their weapons are mechs that they only have outdated non-gn mechs to fight, the Federation/A-laws would still win especially since they could have more death rays. it would be nice if the people started supporting the anitgovernments, but if you polish a turd it's still a turd. Katharon had to rely on the gundams for the entire second season so far proving that they really can't do much and if having 5 uber suits levels the battle field then what really separates this universe from Cosmic Era?

A war is usually determined through backstage negotiation, power influences, and communication skills. When fighting occurs, it just means that the parties are incompetent, it's like the last resort of losers, nothing more. The rest is just technical blabbering about who would win, who should win, who has the biggest di... army, it means nothing in the real world. But I agree with you that in the Gundam world, one thing is universal, it's still the Gundams that win in the end, even faced by the most powerful dictatorship ;) And I also agree on the fact that rebelling against A-LAW was stupid and counter-productive since they now have an even better edge compared to before the coup d'état.

Juclecia said:
i like the whole coup d' état thing, but why want a-laws to crash the elevator ... it's a own damage for them self (federation)

Simple answer, isn't a terrorist threat the nicest thing on Earth for any Government who wants to gain more support from its people? On top of that, they could kill 4 birds with one stone : Kathalon, the rebels, Celestial Being, and achieve full dictatorship by the way under the pretext that terrorists could strike again (obviously as A-LAWS controls the medias, the "official" blame will be put on the bad rebels who tried to kill the good citizens). Great plan actually.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 26, 2009 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
Frito said:

BLASPHEMY. Nobody should ever want Saji to do anything.

It was a pretty good episode. The new op was pretty fine too and ending was cheesy but I liked it, kinda funny song...

Well 00 still delivers, somewhat, I guess.

Jan 26, 2009 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Maruo=epic win
Jan 27, 2009 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
msw said:
Frito said:

BLASPHEMY. Nobody should ever want Saji to do anything.

It was a pretty good episode. The new op was pretty fine too and ending was cheesy but I liked it, kinda funny song...

Well 00 still delivers, somewhat, I guess.

fuck off!
Jan 27, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
ender650 said:
I'm surprised so many people rated this episode low. I thought it was pretty good, they cant have constant fights and this served to lead up to whatever is going happen next episode.

Believe me, if episode had a lot of things colliding with each other, it would have most be rated in Fives...

Thats just how the nowadays public is. Action over story anytime.

Doesn't change that episode was good of course.
Jan 27, 2009 2:06 AM

Oct 2008
@ender650- don't bother, opinions fighting opinions are retarded...

I liked the episode too...
------------------------

The only problem that I'm thinking is how this anime will wrap it up if this will be the last season? We're in episode 16 already
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 27, 2009 4:12 AM
Jul 2008
The episode wasn't all bad, I did like the part of the coup, but I feel like they are dragging the series
Jan 27, 2009 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
no the episode is kind of bad why didnt they show setsuna anticipate those moves of graham you know setsuna can read opponents minds right because of the effect of trans am of 00 raiser

setsuna in 00 raiser should be unbeatable already even though graham is in trans am too
and even though setsuna have a arm problem there he has his will to fight right adrenalin should rush on him already to relieve his arm pain there
Jan 27, 2009 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
ios said:
no the episode is kind of bad why didnt they show setsuna anticipate those moves of graham you know setsuna can read opponents minds right because of the effect of trans am of 00 raiser

setsuna in 00 raiser should be unbeatable already even though graham is in trans am too
and even though setsuna have a arm problem there he has his will to fight right adrenalin should rush on him already to relieve his arm pain there
Oh God, I feel like I'm reading about Naruto.

Episode was awesome, The first half focused on the coup and the characters was nicely done, don't know what Sergei is thinking right now but he better jump into his Tieren soon. Graham vs Setsuna felt like season one rehash BUT WITH RED GLOWING POWERS.

Also, lol @ second Memento Mori.
Jan 27, 2009 9:05 AM

Dec 2008
I was dissapointet with the Coup d'État.
I mean it was a hopeless action,for me as viewer that was clear after 7 minutes.
I hope there will be a more effective coupe afterwards ,and the hopeless action in this episode wasn't for nohing
Jan 27, 2009 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
ios said:

GOD? LOL

You do know that he is severely injured. Hell, he was even lucky enough to fight him on that level. Since when did "the will to fight" can relieve a pain? LOL
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Jan 27, 2009 5:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fabienne said:
I was dissapointet with the Coup d'État.
I mean it was a hopeless action,for me as viewer that was clear after 7 minutes.
I hope there will be a more effective coupe afterwards ,and the hopeless action in this episode wasn't for nohing

Just as you said, this coup etat was not useless. They just didn't anticipate the Federation to go as far as to destroy the orbital elevator completely, along with all the civilians inside. They didn't anticipate that the Federation had another (and possibly more) Memento Mori.

This just show how Innovators are too extremist (gone overboard). We all know that they can bring a repressed but peaceful dystopia for humans, while we hope that CB can truly bring peace and utopia.

Gundams do not save the day. The metaphysics of Twin Drive GN Particles do, as their effects are truly divine.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 27, 2009 6:24 PM

Nov 2006
Jan 27, 2009 7:59 PM

Feb 2008
Was that Saji piloting the raiser or the 00 in the preview?

And lol @ picture above
Jan 27, 2009 9:20 PM

Apr 2008
Good episode, despite the fact there wasn't any action. Makes me hate the Federation, A-Laws, and innovators even more. Gah, why won't they just die >.>

But also made me realize something... true happiness is a total ideal that'll never be achieved. There will always be a group of people that'll be left to suffer and no government will be perfect. It seems the majority of the people under the Federation lead decent lives, so I can't really say I support Celestial Being's actions of causing conflict to end the exploitation of a minority.
Jan 28, 2009 4:30 AM
Nov 2008
nice ep...hope setsuna will be alright though...next ep is gonna be interesting
Jan 28, 2009 7:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
gdavge2003 said:
Good episode, despite the fact there wasn't any action. Makes me hate the Federation, A-Laws, and innovators even more. Gah, why won't they just die >.>

But also made me realize something... true happiness is a total ideal that'll never be achieved. There will always be a group of people that'll be left to suffer and no government will be perfect. It seems the majority of the people under the Federation lead decent lives, so I can't really say I support Celestial Being's actions of causing conflict to end the exploitation of a minority.

That's not the point, CB is not simply attacking Fed for suppressing Middle-East, they are attacking Fed because their MENTALITY is completely twisted. This kind of government can NOT provide the ideal and "just" world CB believes in. The fact that Fed does NOT EVEN take into account human lives at the slightest bit is proof that they are NOT fit to lead humanity on the right path.

So do you think Fed is thinking: "let's kill ten thousands of our citizens so the reamaining ones can live happy" I don't think so, they're more "this will take out our enemy that dispute and disturb our power" (the fact that civilians will die is NOT EVEN taken into account just show how corrupt they are)
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jan 28, 2009 7:29 PM

Jan 2009
All I can say is Trans-Graham wasn't all that and a bag chips, though it is definitely a lick looking mech.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Jan 28, 2009 9:35 PM

Apr 2007
boring fight. way too short.

at least we got a new memento mori, needs more destruction!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.