Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 30, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2012
Interesting episode... sensing a bad end in this anime... dunno just saying
Jul 31, 2013 12:02 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode but I wonder what they deal is with Seira I hope we find out more soon.

Battle was cool though.
Jul 31, 2013 10:38 AM
May 2013
kuuurt said:
I hate to admit it, but I feel like it's just a Madoka rip-off. I guess Yuri undertones + gore + cute girls + drama isn't always the best combination. The concept's pretty good, but it's being horrible executed. The animation is just... awful. I hate the dialogues, that bitchy blue-haired girl, the teachers, and the antagonists. Basically, I hate everyone.

To sum it up: it's shit. Dropped.

To sum it up: you are a person who compares all dark ms shows with Madoka.
Jul 31, 2013 12:41 PM

Jan 2010
Seira is soooooooooooo annoying. She might get me into dropping this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2013 5:01 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, what happened to that boy- final destination status right there.

I believe the VA was Hayami Saori, LOVELY MY ANGEL AYASE-TAN, Ayase was probably upset that Kyousuke rejected her. Remember her words, "I really will kill you."?

Jul 31, 2013 5:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Saburo-kun said:
Woah, what happened to that boy- final destination status right there.

I believe the VA was Hayami Saori, LOVELY MY ANGEL AYASE-TAN, Ayase was probably upset that Kyousuke rejected her. Remember her words, "I really will kill you."?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned," -- Zara, The Mourning Bride, William Congreve
Aug 1, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
This episode presented some new concepts and mysteries, I'm still hoping for interesting twists.

Lawl at people comparing this to Madoka.
Aug 1, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2011
Four episodes that are all the same, this is getting too boring. I hope something intersting will happen soon.
Aug 1, 2013 12:32 PM

Oct 2012
I feel some evil deed.
Aug 3, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
Would it be a joke to say Seira is such a straight arrow character? Being KitaEri's character and the blue girl of the team, I'd love to love her but she's all business and no joy at all for now, at least until her backstory comes...

All this negativity is starting to remind me of Jigoku Shoujo a bit, and it's starting to get a bit formulaic too (despair victim of the week who ends up dead by our protagonists' hands); I really hope this show doesn't go down that path.

Is it just me or did that man with the alcohol sound a bit like that talking raven...? Hope that's not what I think it is.
Aug 4, 2013 7:48 AM
Mar 2009
clone4 said:
Did anyone else think the voice actress of the girl that turned into a Daemon sounded familiar?

Sounded like Hanazawa Kana to me :O

I think the only thing keeping me going is the hope that the storytelling's gonna improve. And that OST.
Aug 4, 2013 11:45 PM

Apr 2011
I don't get why you guys are comparing it to Madoka. The main similarity I'm seeing between the two is the artstyle (meaning more of a cute style) and darkness of the storyline. Madoka was rather mediocre till the end of the third episode, where it spiked, then went back to being average. Currently, my main fault with this is that it's too damn rushed. Other than that, I find this to be better than Madoka.
Aug 5, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2012
"I DONT GET WHY YOU GUYS ARE COMPARING TO MADOKA THEY'RE NOTHING ALIKE"

Shut up.

"MADOKA WAS MEDIOCRE UNTIL EPISODE 3 THIS ONE CAUGHT MY INTEREST FROM THE START!!"

Yeah because it didn't actually take the time to ATTEMPT building up and introducing the characters before shoving into our faces "Hey look! We kill off our characters in disturbing manners!"
Aug 18, 2013 6:19 AM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Shut up.

"MADOKA WAS MEDIOCRE UNTIL EPISODE 3 THIS ONE CAUGHT MY INTEREST FROM THE START!!"

Yeah because it didn't actually take the time to ATTEMPT building up and introducing the characters before shoving into our faces "Hey look! We kill off our characters in disturbing manners!"

And Madoka is hardly the first anime to have disturbing manner deaths. Your point?
Aug 23, 2013 11:22 AM
Aug 2011
I feel like if I stop watching this I won't miss absolutely anything at all.
I'll keep going though, for Seira at least.

Just looking at those side by side pictures above this post.
Oh Shaft you and your visuals (I do have a soft spot for them), you come in here expecting one thing and it throws you for a loop.
While Genei looks so drab and essentially that is the feeling the show gives off- bland, gray, etc.
Aug 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
yhunata said:
ihateeveryone said:

Shut up.

And Madoka is hardly the first anime to have disturbing manner deaths. Your point?
Did you really miss how SIMILAR these two deaths are? Did you? I know it's not the first to that, but look at how much this anime takes that death scene and pretty much replicates it.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Sep 7, 2013 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Well, this is quite like Madoka but (three things):

- those fights are well animated and aiming for similiar graphic take but some effects those girls were using are not fitting its darker mood and trying to be cool instead (eg. those scattered coins, inflation or what this time etc.)
- Daemonia existence and backstory was explained but it somehow felt pretty cheap, like it wasn't thought out well. Logic isn't so strong there.
- many plotholes & story inconsistency: f.e. how could main heroine find Fuunya's diary when world was reconstructed? And so on.

Other than that, atmosphere is there. I like the way they introduced those supporting characters and their backstory. Some people even died. This episode was satisfying and felt like it took most of its inspiration in Faust - first there is great gain but in the end your life will be taken by devil.
Oct 13, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2012
Nice episode, lets see what's next!
Nov 23, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
I don't want to compare this to Madoka. I want to compare shows that come in the future to this and Madoka.
May 27, 2014 11:18 PM

May 2014
Pretty generic, nice fight scene and OST though.
That painter girl was such a bitch. Hey, you don't have to kill them just because you're jealous of them.

Aug 30, 2014 11:13 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty good episode. So now we see how the Daemonia take over a person. That's cool.
Nov 8, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
OMG MADOKA RIPOFF SO BAD

Yeah, this show is definitely like Madoka, especially this episode (it reminded me of the witch battles). But I don't hate the show for being like Madoka.

Anyway, this episode was pretty dark. Lots of people were killed, and this new boy is pretty scetchy. It also looks like we got a glimpse of who was special to Seira.

So far this show isn't amazing, but it's not bad either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
I find Akari kind of annoying and I don't care for her wanting to save the Daemonia. I'm on Seira's side - kill em all!

There is a lot of similarities to Madoka, but I wouldn't call it a ripoff. Although that Mami scene was awfully similar, almost like they were doing a parody/reference. I mean I find it hard to believe that they would agree to copy that scene and think noone would notice.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

100 by Dthomas22 »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.