Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 19, 2013 12:51 PM
Sep 2011
It has been only two episodes but Hajime already snuck her way into my heart. Her vibrant and eccentric personality is simply infectious and I really like how she questions the set of principles the other Gatchaman members adhered to until now.
Her creativity and her ability to think outside the box are truly valuable aspects of her character, as she is capable of connecting people no matter what social status they belong to.

Whereas she only appeared as a playful and somewhat careless student last week, she is revealed as an outgoing ad smart girl who is highly engaged in social activities and tries to make the world a better place, not through eliminating potential threats but through communication and building connections.
It was highly satisfying to see her calling out Sugine for his narrow-mindedness and his lack of interpersonal skills.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the MESS' "tentacles" are shaped like nerve fibers which look like they are forming synapses when they attach themselves to something. It will be interesting to see why they absorb people in the process, though.

It is heavily implied that Rui Ninomiya is the "Bird with sundered wings" JJ speaks of especially since she possesses one of the Notes. It looks like she is the driving force behind GALAX, and while we have only been shown positive sides of it, the incident with Bergkatze (who's probably the one JJ meant with the chaos that's not necessarily a threat) raises questions on how ethically justifiable her actions are to bring people together as shown in the end by recruting help for the injured through GALAX.

EudaimoniaJul 19, 2013 1:16 PM
Jul 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
So Utsu tsu can make copies of herself or something..
Yeah, I think this episode prove's that Hajime is in fact, not retarded.
Also that social networking site, GALAX, is pretty awesome and I think it's going to play a big role in this series.
Gotta love dat OST.

Really loving this series so far, can't wait to see where they go with this.
KoybzJul 19, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 19, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. A bit confusing
Jul 19, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
I think it's important to note that Rui did the same thing at the end of the episode that Hajime did at the beginning of episode 1.

Saying "I'm hungry" even though there's plenty of food around that they're not eating. Kindred spirits, I suppose?
Jul 19, 2013 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Amarrez said:

Saying "I'm hungry" even though there's plenty of food around that they're not eating. Kindred spirits, I suppose?

Opening implicate that much.

For me Utsu-tsu is the best character so far ;D
Jul 19, 2013 1:20 PM
Jan 2011

No panty shots?!
Jul 19, 2013 1:20 PM
Aug 2011
This show just grabs my attention.
I can't stop watching Hajime. At first glance she'd be the character i'd find the most annoying but she's not.
Jul 19, 2013 1:24 PM
Jan 2013
eminagnam said:
Lots of bright colors again. I kinda liked it. "You failed to kill the enemy cuz you took life lightly." That line was deep. The black bikini girl reminded me of Lum from Urusei Yatsura. The female lead acted like an airhead again. Haha

Agreed. That line was surely deep. And she acted like a fool. Probably that's the creator's intention.

1idd0kun said:
Sugune's line wasn't deep. It was misguided. And Hajime showed him!!

Really, Hajime was so OP in this episode. She's not an airhead. She's just an eccentric genius.

It was deep. Hajime was just lucky coz she was a genius like you said. But if she was not a genius, she should follow his advice. Basically that teaching is useful for non-genius. And Sugune didn't know she was such a genius. So it was a proper advice.

As for *airhead,* no one said she was an airhead. She isn't an airhead but acted like that. It's why Sugune said to her, "Are you a fool?" at the battle. Also it *looked* stupid when she walked up to JJ at risk of falling down. She didn't fall down coz she was not stupid. But it *looked* stupid.

symbv said:
Agree with 1idd0kun. It really boggles mind to call her an airhead in this episode. She may look like one in the last episode but she turns out not to be one as is revealed in this episode. And I also think the line is not deep.

No one said she was an airhead. She isn't an airhead, but she acted like that. And probably the creator's intention is make her *seemingly* airhead. Otherwise they wouldn't have made her act like that. And I think it's a good idea. Execution about her is well-done to *deceive* viewers.
Jul 19, 2013 1:35 PM
Nov 2012
It was fun! A bit slow, but I enjoyed it.

gustre said:
eminagnam said:
Lots of bright colors again. I kinda liked it. "You failed to kill the enemy cuz you took life lightly." That line was deep. The black bikini girl reminded me of Lum from Urusei Yatsura. The female lead acted like an airhead again. Haha

Agreed. That line was surely deep. And she acted like a fool. Probably that's the creator's intention.

1idd0kun said:

Really, Hajime was so OP in this episode. She's not an airhead. She's just an eccentric genius.

It was deep. Hajime was just lucky coz she was a genius like you said. But if she was not a genius, she should follow his advice. Basically that teaching is useful for non-genius. And Sugune didn't know she was such a genius. So it was a proper advice.

As for *airhead,* no one said she was an airhead. She isn't an airhead but acted like that. It's why Sugune said to her, "Are you a fool?" at the battle. Also it *looked* stupid when she walked up to JJ at risk of falling down. She didn't fall down coz she was not stupid. But it *looked* stupid.

symbv said:
Agree with 1idd0kun. It really boggles mind to call her an airhead in this episode. She may look like one in the last episode but she turns out not to be one as is revealed in this episode. And I also think the line is not deep.

No one said she was an airhead. She isn't an airhead, but she acted like that. And probably the creator's intention is make her *seemingly* airhead. Otherwise they wouldn't have made her act like that. And I think it's a good idea. Execution about her is well-done to *deceive* viewers.

I agree wholeheartedly. There's no need to ruin entertainment. I'm willing to be *deceived* by the creator in order to enjoy the show. :)
Jul 19, 2013 1:43 PM

May 2012
Good episode. And I was surprised that Hajime just walk off and sat beside JJ. Now, that kid at the ending might be an ex- Gatchaman. He seems to be important as shown in the OP.

And speaking of the OP song, it's addicting.
rebelakumaJul 19, 2013 1:46 PM
Jul 19, 2013 1:51 PM

Feb 2012
I have to say the whole idea behind "GALAX" is pretty interested. I'm almost tempted to look into the probability of being able to program a system similar to it.
Jul 19, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man great episode. Hajime is becoming such an amazing character and I like that little twist they left with us at the end with Rui having Gatchaman notebook. I can't wait for the next ep.
Jul 19, 2013 2:25 PM
Dec 2010
Well the lines that exist between the concepts of being an airhead, being ridiculously lucky and being illogically clairvoyant to the point of durational omniscience are quite thin.

When she stepped down at JJ's meeting onto what seemed to be empty space, one must consider a few things before simply reaching the conclusion that she's not stupid.
1. Is there any possible observation she could've made or deduction from known facts that will reach the conclusion that the empty space is actually not empty?
2. If not, then wouldn't assuming that she knew that the empty space wasn't empty before she stepped on it mean that she had some means of some sort to either tell the future(clairvoyant) or she must've known about the construct of the alien structure from prior knowledge?
3. If the above are both not true(considering she's NOT stupid and she's does NOT know anything about the floor prior to stepping on it), then wouldn't the only logical deduction about her be something closer to: Lucky as heck?

The show itself is going into interesting places though. Second episode has the "enemies" debunked already. Gonna be looking forward to the next one.
Jul 19, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
Misiakk said:
Amarrez said:
Misiakk said:
So scissors are the shit this season?

They were the shit last season with Dansai Bunri, and they'll be the shit next season with Kill La Kill.

Scissors are awesome, man.

Scissors were main thing in Nazo no Kanojo X, now in Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou and Gatchaman Crowds as well. They are all over the place ;D

2013 is the Year of the Scissors.

(tagged for image size)

Oh man I am enjoying this show.
Jul 19, 2013 2:45 PM

May 2013
She bedazzled her NOTE lol.
Jul 19, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
I really like the show.

Shame there were some budget and/or scheduling problems, though:
petchJul 19, 2013 2:57 PM
Jul 19, 2013 2:52 PM
Jul 2009
newnar said:

3. If the above are both not true(considering she's NOT stupid and she's does NOT know anything about the floor prior to stepping on it), then wouldn't the only logical deduction about her be something closer to: Lucky as heck?

I think that scene shows that she's special. Look at JJ's expression when Hajime says she "thinks she saw something" among the paper birds. Going by JJ's surprised look there, I'd say whatever Hajime saw isn't something a normal human should be able to see. So I don't think it's luck that she didn't fall to her dead. She probably knew it, but not with her brain. With her feelings.

Now, putting that scene aside, Hajime is smart. An airhead wouldn't be as self-aware as she is. It's because she's deeply aware of her surroundings too that she noticed the MESS was behaving strange, which clued her in that she could tame the thing without fighting it.
Jul 19, 2013 2:57 PM

May 2011
Really loved this scene:

Hajime is so cute! :P
Jul 19, 2013 2:59 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Eudaimonia said:
It has been only two episodes but Hajime already snuck her way into my heart.

Same here. I like this more than I expected. It's a nice change.

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jul 19, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
The first half of the episode I didn't really know what was going on and it was kinda boring. I was thinking about dropping it until they showed how the GALAX can be used for more than just a game. It's such a novel idea and I really want to see how they proceed with it. None of the characters are really that interesting to me, at least yet. The art style is also a little off putting to me but I'll deal with it. The BGM is fantastic!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
Why is Hajime so perfect?

Still loving the shit out of this show. So fabulous.
Jul 19, 2013 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
This is the worst female main character i have ever seen...
How can you like her? She is dumb and acts like a little kid. She shows no sign of intelligence or character development at all...
Her accent annoys me and for me she is pretty much ruining this anime...
Dropped with 2/10...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 19, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
newnar said:
The show itself is going into interesting places though.

That it does, it started so well in the 1st ep that I was almost scared to watch the second, I really hope it will continue to be as strong if not stronger.

I love what they did with the BG music during the fight. Sugane is a contrast to Hajime and JJ intrigues me. I'm very curious how the Prime Minister and that idol will come to play.

Also loved the part where Paiman lectures her about her questioning orders because it just isn't done (and really when it ever done so early in a story), that scene was very clever.

And the line where she basically says: I'm not "you" I'm Hajime, I exist (I get the feeling that this is a very important line and probably a big clue about Hajime herself) There is also an interesting theme about positive feelings (Hajime) vs negative feelings (Katze) that got played in this episode. Another one was accepting who you are (Hajime) and wanting to be someone else (Rui)

The conversations with Sugone were interesting as well: Hajime showed that she is quite logical in her reasoning and very perceptive (both about Paiman and Sugone). She actually explained the way she thinks in one of these conversations: she thinks outside the box and is open to possibilities.

About the door: it's no coincidence that it's #1. It goes back to the original Gatchaman and Hajime being the "hero", the main protagonist and in original series the "hero" was #1 . It's quite convincing that she (arrogantly) assumes that she is the hero, she is confident enough for that.

Arg.. there is so much going on, my head is about to explode!
Jul 19, 2013 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
Misiakk said:
So scissors are the shit this season?

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jul 19, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
MinaRockz said:
Eudaimonia said:
It has been only two episodes but Hajime already snuck her way into my heart.

Same here. I like this more than I expected. It's a nice change.
Jul 19, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Aeonenleben said:
She shows no sign of intelligence

what
Jul 19, 2013 4:08 PM

May 2011
Heh, there are things about that nameless villain which remind me of Grell a bit, a very good thing. And yes, it seems GALAX is already starting to spawn some worrying things with how involved everyone is along with what that one witness said about not needing physical help.
Jul 19, 2013 4:11 PM
Jul 2009
Aeonenleben said:
She shows no sign of intelligence or character development at all....

Lol, you shouldn't post if you didn't watch the episode.
Jul 19, 2013 4:12 PM

Aug 2007
AAAAH WHY IS THIS SO GOOD.

Even better than episode one. ;_;
Jul 19, 2013 4:16 PM

Jan 2010
RUI DONT TEASE ME WITH THOSE OPEN LEGS GODDAMN
/HEAVY BREATHING
symbv said:
1idd0kun said:
eminagnam said:

Ah yes, this ^
Jul 19, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
Aeonenleben said:
She is dumb and acts like a little kid. She shows no sign of intelligence or character development at all...

Sorry, were you watching something else? Or can you not recognise intelligence and quick learning?
Jul 19, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
petch said:
Aeonenleben said:
She is dumb and acts like a little kid. She shows no sign of intelligence or character development at all...

Sorry, were you watching something else? Or can you not recognise intelligence and quick learning?

I can but it seems we have quite a different opinion on what intelligence is...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 19, 2013 4:33 PM

Apr 2009
Aeonenleben said:
petch said:
Aeonenleben said:

In that first quote you're talking about sugane right? if not i'm certain you didn't even watched the episode, a clear sign of intelligence is the hability to think for themselves and do discern between what's right and wrong without following others like a sheep, traits that hajime possesses and sugane lacks most of the times..
Jul 19, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2011

I notice Paiman is nice to Sugune in all of their interactions, like this part. I thought for sure he was going to say "this is gross!" based on the sound he made but he decided to be polite. I guess they've been living together for awhile now so they are like a family.
[center]
Jul 19, 2013 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
I wonder if anyone can keep up with Hajime, just watching her makes me feel tired.
Jul 19, 2013 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
Well, while Hajime is still annoying, this show has actually picked up a bit for me.

Gatchaman Crowds may not be the simple "power rangers" knock-off that I thought it was and seems to have quite a few layers of plot running through it. We seem to have a history here about this world involving some disaster that happened prior to the opening of the show. We also have to call into question what the MESS really are, why are they taking people and who are the real enemies here? What really is GALAX? There seems to be something just a bit sinister about it. And who is this green-eyed boy dressed in drag that has a NOTE with another symbol upon it that seems to be controlling GALAX? Who is the pointy-toothed he/she that seems to feed on misery and anger? This episode decided to pull ALL the questions out of the bag.

Hajime and the Sugane have some romantic tension and anger building up, where she is showing him how to gain friends and let go. However, even if I can see what they are trying to do with her character, I still find her way too random and idiotic for an MC. I can usually like a character to be out of the box, but this is really to the extreme! Perhaps that why I find Jou as my favorite character. There is so much randomness in this show, that I have to steady myself by falling back on our standard laidback emo cool guy, who happens to be a megane-kun as well. All the better...;)

I give this episode a 7.7/10.
Jul 19, 2013 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
Galax is the social networking software heh
Jul 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
Nasty001 said:

No panty shots?!

Well, it is a HE. I'm guessing he was wearing his regular underwear under that goth get-up.
Jul 19, 2013 4:46 PM

Mar 2013
Aeonenleben said:
petch said:
Aeonenleben said:

Just because she isn't pretencious about her intelligence doesn't mean it isn't there.
Jul 19, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2011

Even with her green hair I thought for certain Utsutsu was human but her clones and hair movements say otherwise.

Joe has that dark and mysterious thing about him and he stays calm and layed back yet his Suit looks very intimidating and for lack of a better word "hardcore". I think this means there is something more to him then he lets on.

Sugune is the polar opposite of Hajime which makes room for some development on his part. Rui on the other hand is similar to Hajime: they both like cute things and they both are "hungry". So I'm interested in seeing how these two will act when they clash. I can't say much about O.D., J.J., and Berg Katse their characters are still a mystery to me.
[center]
Jul 19, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2011
Jul 19, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
Seems this is not a generic powerranger rip-off after all.
You don't see pacifism in these types of shows often either.
Definetly happy with this ep.
Jul 19, 2013 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
I love the fighting scenes and curious about GALAX
Jul 19, 2013 5:14 PM
Jan 2013
gustre said:
eminagnam said:

1idd0kun said:

symbv said:

This^
Jul 19, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
RandomPerson4 said:
You don't see pacifism in these types of shows often either

It's actually very disturbing, and I think that it's sort of sad and ironic how optimistic and positive behavior is looked as weird and I don't mean people who don't like Hajime, just look at how Sugane reacts.

And speaking of audience if Sugane was the protagonist then I think most people would think that he is pretty normal for that role. Interesting how things change in time.
Jul 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
Hajime becomes slightly less annoying, while Sugane becomes more annoying. I really like the art style, but the characters are shit. Dropped.
Jul 19, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2011
Wait but... the only reason why I'm loving this series so much right now is because of Hajime. I love her approach to things. She's completely different and she does her own thing and isn't afraid of anything.

I thought this would be something like Steins; Gate. I'm completely off, but I don't dislike how the show has been going.

I love that Hajime is trying/ starting to get through to Sugane. She's not stupid and cheery. Like someone else said she's an eccentric genius... she's really weird, but she's thinking in that head. Unlike Sugane and the other Gatchaman that just accept things as they are and follow their duty without questioning it. For example, when she brought up the "why do we fight" cliché, it was super casual and I love everyone's reactions.
Jul 19, 2013 6:20 PM

Nov 2009
AzureAlert said:
Hajime becomes slightly less annoying, while Sugane becomes more annoying. I really like the art style, but the characters are shit. Dropped.

I'm glad people like you will have their scores rendered worthless when the show is finished.
Jul 19, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
YoumuKonpaku said:
AzureAlert said:

I'm glad people like you will have their scores rendered worthless when the show is finished.

Do you really judge people based on their opinion on one anime? That's pretty shallow.
Jul 19, 2013 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
Hajime is too awesome <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.